Who Pilfered Princess Peach's Person?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who Pilfered Princess Peach's Person?

Post  Gorblax on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm

"BRAWL, Episode 5: Wherein Mario Gets All Up In Your Grill"

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 pm

While it cannot be contested how awesomely sweet this line of thought would be...

no really, it can't

I mean seriously, that's just the most epic thing ever. Mario kicking people into bottomless pits (lol Pit) yelling THIS - IS - BRAWL!!! and just pwning everything each episode is so mastermindedly entertaining. Him getting uncomfortably close to each rival and suspect and being badass.

where was I going with this? ... ummm

...oh yeah...
...I'm going to stay a firm believer in my original theory, tho Razz Rolling Eyes

Tho if we can have Ganon kick someone into a pit...

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:02 pm

SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Ganon DOES use the Sparta Kick in Brawl. It would be epic.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jderig on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Hah, I can see it now, after Mario has been "suitably" convinced that Bowser isn't responsible for the kidnapping of the Princess, he ends up hitting the streets, acting like an angry Italian combination of Dirty Harry, Steven Segal, Samuel L. Jackson, and that dude from "Taken". Basically, he'll be cracking heads and taking names while ignoring those silly little things like "rights" and the actual "police force" (aka Link's stooges).

Oh, and to Mr. The Meta Knight: I think your "theory" is definitely a possibility, as so far the Hyrulian squad have only shown themselves to be a bad lot. However, that doesn't appeal to my paranoid mind, as everyone that knows anything about conspiracy theories knows that a good one has to explain your current problem, Bigfoot, Area 51, AND the Kennedy assassination, which I'm sorry to say yours does not Sad

jderig
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:30 pm

I, personally, have grown very tired of the constant nods to 300 every comedy piece feels obliged to make.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 am

Gorblax wrote:I, personally, have grown very tired of the constant nods to 300 every comedy piece feels obliged to make.
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. It's getting a bit old, but still something about it has a certain charm. It's what made 300 famous (like it or not), and if it "worked" for 300...

This trend seems to have replaced the older trend of Matrix parodies and quotes.

You have to admit tho, Ganondorf has the damn kick.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:02 am

I haven't seen any 300 parodies lately. I think Meet the Spartans made everyone take a good hard look at themselves.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 pm

That's a very sobering thought.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:30 pm

jderig wrote:Hah, I can see it now, after Mario has been "suitably" convinced that Bowser isn't responsible for the kidnapping of the Princess, he ends up hitting the streets, acting like an angry Italian combination of Dirty Harry, Steven Segal, Samuel L. Jackson, and that dude from "Taken". Basically, he'll be cracking heads and taking names while ignoring those silly little things like "rights" and the actual "police force" (aka Link's stooges).

After reading this, I'd like to see some sort of a reference to Edward Norton.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jderig on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:08 am

smashbro wrote:
jderig wrote:Hah, I can see it now, after Mario has been "suitably" convinced that Bowser isn't responsible for the kidnapping of the Princess, he ends up hitting the streets, acting like an angry Italian combination of Dirty Harry, Steven Segal, Samuel L. Jackson, and that dude from "Taken". Basically, he'll be cracking heads and taking names while ignoring those silly little things like "rights" and the actual "police force" (aka Link's stooges).

After reading this, I'd like to see some sort of a reference to Edward Norton.

You"ll have to forgive me Smashbro, but I did not quite understand this reference. Why is Edward Norton important?

jderig
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Edward Norton is in Fight Club and Fight Club is the best movie ever. I know Brad Pitt is too, but Edward was awesome, though both were great. (And Edward is in American History X too). I mentioned him cause you mentioned other celebrities.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jderig on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Ah, I see now. Yes, Fight Club is an excellent movie (and an even better book!), and Edward Norton is a very good actor. I did not get what you meant because the actors/characters I mentioned were all folks who were on a mission to uncover a crime and punish the criminals by any means necessary (in other words, they favor lots of violations of personal space), which was not something I connected to Mr. Norton.

jderig
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:48 pm

I'd hate to de-rail this topic further, but honestly, the movie was overall better than the book, which is a rarity. I've read and watched Fight Club multiple times to stand firm on this, and it's not just my opinion. The movie tells the story better and has a way better ending and does an excellent job on the production and setting the mood. However, the book is still friggen awesome and does something that the movie doesn't. It goes deeper into depth on the themes in the book, the philosophy expressed is deeper, and the book has more quoteable lines. The thing with the book, though, is that the Narrator and Tyler and the other characters don't feel as alive as they do in the movie.

There's also a difference in the way the story is told. The movie is more straight foreward in timeline while the book tells of key events. Both of which are effective. Either way, both the book and movie are great. I just think the movie is better.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:03 am

Btw fight club
Spoiler:
Kinda how I invision Sheik/Zelda. That split personality thing where one leads a secret life and all that... tho not so much the talking to ones self.

Still tho, awesome idea for plot Very Happy

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top