Big Game Hunters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big Game Hunters

Post  Gorblax on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:35 am

Here's an idea I've been kicking around for a while for a fun video game story. I figured this would be as good a place to put it as any. Thanks for bearing with me.

February 23rd, 2009 4:22 PM
Marseille, France

"Almighty Din, I hate the Normworld. I just don't get it."

The far larger of two figures hidden from plain sight, he in the trenchcoat and the smaller in a tattered blue hooded robe, muttered this to the other as thousands of french skateboarding fans cheered above, drunk and excited. They went unnoticed in their interview of one of the skaters as the crowd's attention was focused on the performance of Rune Glifberg, who had just successfully pulled off a truly epic wallride- much to Officer Dick's chagrin.

The smaller of the figures ignored the larger's comment, who was currently occupied with figuring out what the big deal was about jumping around on a rolling board was, anyway. He continued his interrogation- the reason they had been reluctantly sent to the Normworld to begin with.

"Damn," the officer said. "It's going to be really hard to beat that. And Tony hasn't even gone out yet. Freaking Tony. Sorry I had to meet you here, gentlemen. I've been looking into this case for a while, though, even if I was only using it as a pretext for the station to send me to the Marseilles competition. I saw some government agency wanted to check on something that was up in France and I jumped."

"So, you have some information on Soul Edge," the smaller figure said, trying to focus the officer's attention back on him.

"Oh, yeah. Don't see why it's such a big deal. Just a local superstition dating back who knows how long."

"Entertain us. What was the story?"

"Well, there was this guy, a Count or a Baron or something, in, I dunno, the late 16th century. Sorel. Anyway, he was interested in this weapon, one that he thought he could use to overthrow the aristocracy- Jesus, was that a Crossbone?"

The crowd broke into a loud cheer as if to confirm.

"I assure you, officer, this is far more important."

"Hard to be less important," the larger figure growled, "this 'sport' is ridiculous. Even so, it's pretty close. This sword disappeared hundreds of years ago. I don't see why the boss has us chasing fragments."

"One active shard of the Soul Edge could drive a nation into a killing frenzy!" the smaller figure gruffly whispered to the larger in a language the policeman couldn't quite make out. He figured it sounded like something out of Lord of the Rings. "We need to make absolutely sure this isn't a problem."

"Please. Headquarters has us checking out the dead-end cases because of the tiny mishap with the Ancelotti sting in Algonquin."

"You killed their mob boss!" the smaller figure harshly replied. "That isn't exactly keeping a low profile!"

"Well excuse me for trying to find an efficient solution to the smuggling problem. Goro." The larger figure coughed loudly, hoping no one noticed his verbal tic. He usually had it in check, but it was a dead giveaway to anyone who knew something about the Pipeside that there were agents around.

"Right, so, you want to hear the rest of this or what?" Officer Dick asked, trying to figure out where exactly these guys were from.

"Oh, no, please go on," the smaller figure said.

"Okay, so, Sorel. He traveled the world looking for the weapon- Soul Edge, as you've probably guessed, yadda yadda, gets into a fight with a guy possessed by it in Germany, he beats him, doesn't get the sword though, but he gets... and this is where it gets kind of weird... infected by it. His daughter gets it, too. They became kind of like vampires, I guess, according to the legend. They even moved to a castle in Romania. Wallachia. That part took me a while to get- crap, what did I miss?"

The crowd cheered wildly again, but the two figures didn't look to see what was going on. The smalled motioned for him to continue, while the larger- the officer could have sworn on this- sneaked some gravel into his mouth and started chewing it.

"Yeah, so, anyway, if you're looking for any surviving members of the Sorel clan, that's where they'll be."

"Do you suppose they would still be infected by Soul Edge?", the robed figure asked.

"That's the rumor. Also why superstitious French don't go to Romania. I checked to see if there were any Sorels here. A noblewoman named Chantelle was all I could find- the only significant one, anyway. Really wealthy. Had an interest in collecting swords, so I paid her a visit the other day. She seemed kind of vampirish, actually, looking back. Really pale and all that."

"Okay, I get it, she's our girl," the larger figure said. "Well, what did you do with her?"

"Um, nothing. She didn't actually do anything, besides come off as really creepy. She's out of the country now."

"Back to Romania?" the larger figure asked, swallowing what seemed to be gravel.

"Don't know. Didn't check the flight information. Listen, I have to go. I've been training all month for this."

"Sorry to keep you, officer," the smaller figure said. "You've been a great help. Is there anything else we should know?"

"Now that you mention it," Officer Dick said as he strapped on his helmet, "there was something she said that bothered me a little. I told her she looked a little upset about something. She said... how did she put this... she'd achieve contentment once she visited her island of happiness. She spoke in riddles like that. Then she cackled. Who cackles anymore?"

"You'd be surprised," the larger figure said. The smaller's filmy eyes, all that could be made out under the hood, suddenly cleared up a little, sparkling.

"Happiness Island," he said. "In Liberty City. They're opening it to the public again this week for the first time since the shootout there last fall."

"How do you know this crap?" The larger asked.

"We practically live in Liberty City, Grok," the smaller said in the tongue Officer Dick couldn't understand. "It would be nice if you took an interest in the culture there once in a while."

"We live there now, sure. But that's something we're gonna change if we can find out what this chick is up to all of a sudden. Maybe we can get back to the Mushroom Kingdom beat," he responded in like. "Now that was fun. Ancient artifacts are not really my thing."

"You are the worst mythical creature of all time, Grok," the Zora in the robes said.

"You're not exactly doing too well in that department either, Rolo," Grok responded mockingly.

"Okay, guys," the officer said, once again feeling among aliens. "If there's nothing else, I'm going out now. Wish me luck."

"Yeah, break a leg," Grok said.

"That's the worst possible thing that can happen in skating!" Rolo said.

"Do we really need to establish you any more concretely as the naggy member of the duo?" Grok asked, now taking big heaps of rock into his mouth with Dick fumbling in the arena through an ollie.

"Let's just call the G-Man and tell him we're on our way back."

"You had to fit in just one more, didn't you."

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Big Game Hunters

Post  Eiron on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm sold.

Some parts are a little hard to follow, but otherwise this is really well done. The dialogue is interesting and funny, and the story already has me hooked. And a zora and a goron looking for Soul Edge? Really, what other convincing do you need?

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks. I'm really just writing this for my own benefit, but it's nice to know other people are following at least parts of it. I know it gets a bit confusing, and a lot of the references are really obscure, so just ask if you need anything clarified. I'll be updating daily, hopefully.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:26 pm

I'll be looking foreward to it.

I got roped into writing a fan fic at another forum. If you want, I can send a link. I only have the prologue up though, and chapter one is halfway done but being delayed by school work.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Totally. Send it this way.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:38 pm

I'll just go ahead and post it here then, in the off chance that someone else will take interest.

http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/index.cgi?board=fanfic&action=display&thread=9003

This too is just to help me get more comfortable with writing. Very Happy You should also get JGH27 is on this.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:53 pm

I like it I like it I like it! Very Happy

this seems like just the right group to show this kind of project, as we all clearly have an interest in video game crossovers.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:10 pm

Wow, Eiron, your fic looks really exciting. Always wanted to see more stuff taking place after Fusion- it ended on sort of a cliffhanger. Can't wait to see more. I have plans for Metroid to make it into my story, but then again, this project pretty much plans to incorporate every major video game ever.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:14 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Very Happy

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Eiron wrote:http://smashbro_fan...
Daww, Eiron, that's so sweet of you.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:28 pm

ZOMG. I shat a brick.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:21 pm

February 24, 2009 10:44 AM
United Liberty Paper Company
Algonquin, Liberty City

One transatlantic flight to Francis International Airport (aboard an inconspicuous company jet which, for some unknown reason, sported the Super Bowl XXXV logo) later, the duo was back at ULPC- the building which served as a front for several organizations, most of them government-related.

The receptionist took a glance at the odd pair without flinching. "Your employer is currently in an important meeting. He'll see to you shortly."

"Thanks, Joanne," Grok said, sitting down in his boss's private waiting room. He picked up the January issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly sitting on the coffee table. He waved it at his companion. "Can you believe this thing got cancelled, Rolo?"

"Print media has been on its way out for years now, Grok," Rolo said.

"Yeah, but how am I going to read the news on the can?" Grok asked.

"Please, you only read that rag for the comics anyway. Straighten yourself up, now, the G-Man will see us any minute. I already sent him our full report before the plane ride, so he'll be up to speed."

"Good thing, too. That guy takes forever to talk. And once he's done, I can barely understand what he just said. Why did he send us to France now, anyway? I mean, hasn't this chick always been around?"

"The rumor that a Sorel has left Romania is hard to ignore, Grok. They've been in self-imposed exile for centuries."

"But what's making her leave now, all of a sudden? And why is she breaking quarantine to buy a Happiness Island T-Shirt and get a photo taken?"

"That's what we're going to find out. Though I doubt Miss Chantelle's business is restricted to photography," Rolo mused.

"Yeah, she probably doesn't show up in pictures anyway," Grok said. Which, unbeknownst to him, was a perfect segway into the next piece of conversation as the door to the G-Man's office opened. An effeminate, ivory-skinned Japanese-looking man in a sharp suit exited the room, talking back over his shoulder, "Sir, I beg you once more to reconsider the assistance of the Belnades Clan in this case. If there is indeed a vampire in Liberty City, they are best equipped to deal with the situation."

"Mister... aRIkado..." the G-Man could be heard responding, "As I have told you, the... 'vamPIRE' in LiberTY City is not exactly the type that... your kind is... familiar WITH. Your efforts would be better... focused... on tenDING to Mr. Belmont. The fact that he has not yet... made a full recoVERY from his battle with... Dracula a decade aGO is rather... appalling. Good day."

"Yes, I think I will see to that. Good day," Mr. Arikado said, leaving the building. The G-Man had some sort of hypnotic quality to his voice that seemed to get people to do whatever he wanted. Sometimes Grok wondered whether he was really the good guy. Rolo always reminded him when he brought this up that if not for the G-Man, the world would have been consumed by the Combine in the Portal Storms in 2004. This alternate outcome, though, where a thousand realities had twisted upon each other, was not exactly much better. But then, that was the problem he had organized the Hunters to solve.

"Come in, Grok. Rolo," he said, and they entered the room without even really registering that they had gotten up.

"Let us get down to... BUSIness, gentlemen," he began. Rolo pulled down his hood, and Grok hung up his trenchcoat, revealing a tropical shirt and khaki shorts tailored to his muscled but plump physique underneath.

What is with that ridiculous outfit, Rolo said with a glance.

I'll explain later, Grok replied with another.

"Officer Richard... Envee's report seems... somewhat disorganized," the G-Man said distastefully.

"His, um, Kateboard training probably got in the way of the investigation. Goro." Grok said.

"Please, Grok... you will sound SO much more... intelligent... if you allow Mr. Rolo to speak on BOTH your behalves," the G-Man said. He was obviously not in a good mood.

"Do we have any information on Chantelle?" Rolo asked.

"The... security... at... HapPIness Island have reported no visitors yesTERday matching her description," the G-Man said. "But I will be sending you there for protection of... the Heart of Liberty."

"The Heart of Liberty?" Grok asked.

The G-Man sighed, closed his eyes, and massaged his temples. "Rolo, explain."

"That huge, beating, chained heart we saw in the Statue of Happiness last time we were there on a mission," Rolo said.

"Oh, yeah," Grok said. "We were protecting it from that organization of Nobodies, who wanted it to become human. What were they called?"

"The Organization," Rolo said.

"The... impliCATIONS of the heart have still not been reaLIZED," the G-Man continued. "HowEVER, we do know that Soul Edge's... Evil Seed is capable of... corrupting any... living organism. If Ms. SoREL has learned of this... and has succumbed to the darkness within her... then she may wish to once again SPREAD the Evil Seed by... providing a larger host. There is a THEORY that the heart is what is... keeping Liberty City superimposed upon what was once... New York City and New Jersey before the Portal Storms. If the heart is corrupted... there is no telling what will become of Liberty City."

"Got it, chief," Grok said. "But one more thing- this mission seems really important. If we stop Chantelle, is there any chance we can get transferred from Ancient Artifacts?"

"There's an opening in the Galactic Federation," the G-Man said. "Perhaps, if you behave this time... we can send you two into space. They have requested assistANCE for one of their... mercenaries... for an upcoming mission."

"And we're out!" Grok said excitedly, dragging Rolo behind him. "That heart isn't going to uncorrupt itself, now,"

"I'll warn you that Galactic Federation missions have a notoriously low survival rate," the G-Man said. But they were already gone.

"Taxi!" Grok called, whistling outside the building. Rolo quickly pulled back his hood.

"Are you mad?" Rolo asked as a cab approached. "You're a little conspicuous in broad daylight without your trenchoat!"

"Oh, and I was inconspicuous with it?" Grok asked. "Who wears a freaking robe in the Normworld, anyway? Besides, that's what this outfit is for," he said, putting a large, steel hammer he had taken from his coat into the trunk and getting into the cab.

The cab driver looked the Goron over, puzzled.

"I'm Samoan," Grok explained.

"Oooooh," the driver said. "Where to?"

"The docks. We're getting a boat to Happiness Island. Um, hey, Rolo..."

"What," Rolo said in deadpan, still in disbelief that Grok's ridiculous new disguise was actually working.

"You've got cash, right? I, um, left all of mine in the trenchcoat."

"Samoans," Rolo rolled his eyes, and the cab took off.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:59 pm

RI PIRE TY WITH DING VERY GO BUSI SO BOTH TER CATIONS LIZED EVER REL SPREAD THEORY ANCE

Do the random capitalizations mean anything?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:03 am

Probably for stressing emphasys on certain words in dialogue and what not. Doing them in caps makes it easier for him to write than having to go through the italicized BBCode-ing.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 am

No, I'm pretty sure its a super secret message.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:49 am

I though it was because of some speech problem or something the G-man has or something.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:02 am

That's just the way the G-Man talks. I was actually considering putting a message in the syllables, but decided against it. It is easier than going through the BBC. Play the Half-Life series.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:33 am

WHOO!

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:58 pm

February 25, 2009 12:00 AM
Happiness Island, Liberty City

Grok was rolled into an inconspicuous boulder on the coast of the island, idly napping while Rolo conducted a search of the island for any sign of Chantelle Sorel. Rolo emerged from the sea with a loud splash, stirring Grok from his slumber.

"Well, it doesn't seem like anything is under the island, either," Rolo said, stepping back onto the shore and into his robes. "I've combed the whole island, and have found nothing. Well, some dead gangsters from last year, but that's about it."

"Shocking," Grok mumbled, "your ability to breathe underwater has once again proven to be useless to our case."

"A shame that you can't function on your own like most Hunters," Rolo said, "but it seems that the tiniest mental obstacle completely cripples you. Have you even spotted the essential flaw in your disguise yet?"

Grok thought for a minute. "It's the shades, isn't it? I'm missing shades."

"It's the middle of February, genius," Rolo groaned. "Humans don't wear short-sleeved shirts and shorts in the dead of winter."

"Oh, it's that cold out? Didn't notice," Grok said. "We Gorons are used to cold climates, you know."

"Oh, really? Would I be able to meet these other Gorons, then? Maybe they can give me a lift to visit some of my family members. It's a short trip, you just drive a thousand years backward and take a sharp left into Make Believe Land."

Grok mimed a shot to his heart at Rolo's verbal blow. "Rolo, I'm shocked. You, the freaking last of the Zoras, are still denying the Legends of Zelda? And with more archeological proof for Hyrule's existence on the Pipeside surfacing almost every day?"

"It figures that garbage is the only case in which you would take an academic interest," Rolo said. "I'm not sure what we are or where we came from, but there is no way that Hyrule could have ever existed. We would have more records of such an enormous kingdom than the few tattered scraps archeologists are attributing to it. I am a Zora and you are a Goron merely for the sake of convenient labels. There was never any such thing."

"Then how do YOU explain... well... us?"

"We've seen plenty of strange things. Maybe we were born from the stories of Hyrule. Who knows? It's happened before, with fantasy worlds coming to life. Take Ivalice, for example-"

And at the stroke of midnight, the Statue of Happiness began to glow.

"Sweet Nayru," Grok said, wishing for the second time that night that he had purchased a pair of sunglasses, "What the hell is going on?"

"No... oh, no... no, this isn't good... this is the worst thing that could have happened..." Rolo started sprinting toward the doors at the base of the statue, and Grok rolled after him.

"WHAT'S-hmph-GOING-hmph-ON," Grok shouted as he matched Rolo's speed.

"I think I know where Chantelle is," Rolo said, "She's been here the whole time! Oh, this is bad... really, really, bad..." Rolo started climbing up the stairs, and Grok grimaced as he rolled up after him. Gunshots could be heard behind them as the entirety of Happiness Island Security, all with glowing, red eyes, pursued the duo up the stairs.

"WHERE-" thonk, thonk, thonk, "WAS-" thonk, thonk, thonk, "SHE!?"

"Chantelle was in the Heart Chamber when we searched it hours ago in the one place we couldn't check- inside the heart itself!" Rolo, now outside on top of the statue's base, ducked for cover behind a now stationary Grok, whose rock-hard skin was completely bulletproof. "She probably cut her way into it and climbed in, cutting herself in the process to transfer the Evil Seed in her veins into the Heart's bloodstream! It's now pumping the seed into every citizen of Liberty City!"

"What tipped you off that everyone had gone evil," Grok shouted as he shielded Rolo, waiting for the feral guards to empty their ammo. "The glowing red eyes!? That's Sign #1 in the Are Your Friends Possessed handbook!" There are probably riots breaking out through Liberty City right now!"

"NOT QUITE YET," a booming, female voice declared in a still somehow dainty French accent. "BUT ONCE THE SEED PUMPS ENTIRELY THROUGH HAPPINESS ISLAND, IT WILL BEGIN TO FLOW THROUGH THIS SINFUL METROPOLIS, REVALING THE TRUE NATURE OF ITS CITIZENS."

It was then that the Hunters realized who was addressing them- Chantelle Sorel, through the now fully alive Statue of Happiness itself, complete with glowing red eyes. She glared down upon them, a vile ooze bubbling over from the large coffee cup she held high in her arm onto the ground. The security guards, who were now mindlessly clawing at Grok, were now joined with featureless, vaguely humanoid creatures spawning from the unknown liquid within the cup.

"Go on without me!" Grok shouted at Rolo, who had already taken the initiative to begin climbing the ladder to the statue's Heart. "I'll hold these guys off!" Grok donned his hammer and dispatched the security guards as if he was wiping dirt off his clothes.

"Stick to what you know, I suppose!" Rolo shouted back, climbing the ladder.

The monsters were now closing in on Grok from all sides, never attacking, only tightening their circle around him. Grok tried to hit one with his hammer, but just went right through it as if he were swinging it through fudge. After a few more futile swings, the monsters degenerated back into ooze and began to climb up Grok's legs.

"BE CONSUMED BY THE BLOOD OF SOUL EDGE, AMERICAN," the statue shouted to Grok, "AND ALLOW IT TO REVEAL THE TRUE FACE OF YOUR PEOPLE- MINDLESS AND VIOLENT TO THEIR VERY CORES!

"Is THAT what this is about!?" Rolo shouted as the statue's arm tried to grab him. He jumped off of the ladder and grabbed hold of the arm using his fin blades. The arm then swatted the ladder climbing to the statue's central chamber, destroying its only mode of access. Rolo clung helplessly to the arm, and continued his inquisition. "Is this all a cheap commentary on the international view on America's War on Terror?"

I WAS JUST MAKING AN OBSERVATION. I THOUGHT IT WAS CLEVER, the statue scratched her head in embarrassment, having only just realized the cliched and trivial motivation for her plot. Rolo took this opportunity to jump into her crown and rapell down the elevator shaft into the Heart chamber. LOOK, CAN'T WE JUST GO BACK TO THINKING I'M OUT OF MY MIND?

Meanwhile, below, Grok's lower body, despite all his struggling, was now consumed by the dark ooze. Grok looked up at the Heart chamber above, pressed a release button near the head of his hammer, and the head launched straight up, attached to the base from a long chain, and caught onto the ledge of the chamber. He pressed the button again, rappelling him out of the ooze and into the chamber with Rolo. The ooze began a slow climb up the side of the statue, but it seemed he didn't have to worry about it for a while.

"Sure, if that makes you happy," Grok said. "But it won't make a difference for long!"

"GROK, NO!" Rolo shouted, but it was too late. Grok had already swung his hammer at one of the heart's chains, severing one of its links to the city. Miles away, for the first time in 5 years, Alderney dissolved back into New Jersey. The statue let out a shout of pain, and the disconnected chain plunged itself into the heart's center and hooked into Chantelle's body, pulling her out to fight the two. She would have been an elegant looking older frenchwoman, long flowing blonde hair in a stunning gothic dark blue dress, if she were not completely covered in blood with a chain hooked into her back.

"Hm, that actually worked out a lot better than I thought it would," Rolo said. "Grok! We can get this city back to normal! Keep it up!"

"Your friend is occupied at the moment," Chantelle said, pulling out her bejeweled rapier. "You have put a serious dent in my plans, fish man, but your golem will not be enough to protect you."

"Your plans to turn the Americans into charicatures of themselves?" Rolo asked.

"No, fool! My plan to spread the Evil Seed across one of the world's largest cities! It will not be long until the world is consumed by my drones, and the Seed multiplies enough to give rebirth to the Soul Edge itself!"

"Wait a second," Grok said, "Did Bloody Mary here just call me a golem? YOUR golem? Okay, I am not taking this crap!" Grok charged at Chantelle with his sword, who casually sidestepped his blow and cut his arm with her sword.

"Ah!" Grok yelped. "That actually hurt! How did you do that!"

"This sword is an extension of my body," Chantelle explained. "The essence of Soul Edge courses through it, allowing it to cut through stone!"

This was true, grossly enough. The chain going into her back seemed to emerge from her wrist, coiling around the hilt of the rapier.

Grok grit his teeth through the pain and leapt once more into the frey, pressing the release button on his hammer and manipulating the handle to the chain would wrap around her legs. The chain connecting Chantelle to the heart pulled back violently, yanking the hammer from out of Grok's grip.

"Looks like I do this the old-fashioned way," Grok said, rolling into a ball, rolling faster and faster in place.

Chantelle tried to hit him, but the centripital motion of his body caused the sword to deflect. It wasn't long before stone spikes began protruding from his body, a biological Goron defense mechanism for those rolling at great speed. Grok charged himself into the small fence on the left side of the walkway suspending the chamber from the ground below, bending it at an angle that launched him right into the heart, snapping the chord connecting Chantelle to the statue. She screamed as she fell a dozen stories to the ground, unconscious and barely alive. Grok tore up the heart from the inside, severing all of the chains connecting it to the statue.

He plummeted after Chantelle, but by the time he reached the ground he found, to his surprise, that he was standing not in the base of the Statue of Happiness, but the Statue of Liberty. The ooze dissolved into the air, but the security guards could not be saved. Grok picked up his hammer and put an end to them as quickly as possible, and then slumped the barely alive heir of the Sorel clan over his shoulder.

"Well, if that's not a mission accomplished, I don't know what is," Grok said.

"Grok!" Rolo, out of breath, had reached the base of the statue by running down the stairs. "I can't believe it! You saved New York City! Practically by yourself!"

"Yeah, and New Jersey," Grok said. "Shame I had to save that too. Oh well. But GO-RO! What a rush! I haven't had a fight like that since we fought off those Skedar trying to uncover the Forerunners' Ark in Kenya!" Grok sighed. "I have been in this department way too long..."

"Well, you deserve some sleep, Grok. We'll take a ferry back to Brooklyn in the morning, and go Pipeside to Mushroom Kingdom. The pipe should still be in the same place. We shouldn't worry about cleanup- if this is anything like the first time Liberty City showed up, everyone will assume nothing has changed. Now that ULPC is gone, though, that's where we might be able to find the G-Man, unless he's moved on again. Remember when he vanished for five months to recruit Solid Snake? What a wild goose chase. Worst case scenario, we can always track down Joanne and ask her to contact the Galactic Federation for us, and you're not even listening anymore, are you."

"Guh... hrmph... Mega... Megaton... ugh... hammer..." Grok grumbled in his sleep, curled once again into a boulder.

"Let it go, Rolo," the Zora said to himself. "He's earned this one."

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 am

Gorblax wrote:I haven't had a fight like that since we fought off those Skedar trying to uncover the Forerunners' Ark in Kenya!"

This is sex on a stick.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:57 am

Wow, I just read that last chapter over... that was awful. Still, we're keeping it as-is and pressing on. This is an endless project, and there will doubtlessly be a few unsuccessful updates.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Ch.1 of my fan fic.

http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/index.cgi?board=write&action=display&thread=9236&page=1

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:30 am

Shweet. I just wonder why she's using the Varia Suit. I mean... shouldn't she be using the Omega Fusion Suit by this time?

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:02 pm

When I drew the picture, I forgot about that. She is using the Omega Fusion Suit. Good observation though.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 pm

But you also said it was the Varia Suit in the prologue.

Eiron wrote:She was enveloped in warm light, and the Varia Suit materialized around her.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top