i gots hurted

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i gots hurted

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Guess who almost broke his neck snowboarding this weekend.
THIS GUY!

I think I need to chill out for a bit on being crazy up in Tahoe. Long story short, I was in one of the terrain parks at Northstar (where they were doing the Dew Tour) and havin fun and all, but had a problem on the second to last jump. (There are three small/medium ones at the top of the terrain park and three big ones at the end and another three off to the left that split off from the park if I chose to not commit to the former. The thing with those were they were super air jumps and like hell if I'm going to do that.) Anyway, this second-to-last one I went off was a split level, a lower and upper take off... I wish I had rememberd that, because after I landed the first of the bottom three, I tried to slow down cause I felt like I was going too fast and I had my board kinda out in front of me and I didn't see the top of the take off AS I went off it, and it was cloudy and snowing at this time and no one marked the top of the jump... you can probably understand how I made my mistake.

My first thought was that I was going to land on my ass, but no. I kept rotating til I was horizontal in the air, then I slammed into the landing, which, of course, was sloped, so I landed head, neck, and shoulders first. I thought for a moment that I broke my neck or my back, but I didn't, good thing. But thank God I was wearing a helmet. Otherwise, I would probably very likely have ended up in a hospital.

Blue lights flash in my eyes when I couldn't hear my music for a minute. I ended up next to a guy that went before me, and I guess he fell too, but more of because he wasn't use to going off stuff like that. I remember him saying, "Are you okay?" "You landed hard," and "Here's your goggles." I asked him if that looked awesome (me falling). I don't remember what he said. My head was throbbing and I just rode down a safe distance away and lay in the snow for about 5 minutes.

My vision was kinda fucked up for the rest of the day. My peripheral vision sucked and it felt like people were popping out of nowhere. It was awesome; I still went down the terrain park one last time. This time NOT getting hurt. Woke up on Sunday sore as fuck... still feeling it today, but it's not bad.

Well, that was my Saturday. Comment or do whatever. Or post stories of you own.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: i gots hurted

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Freaky. O_o
You should be more careful from now on.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Wow.......just wow, all I can say.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:42 pm

GORBLAX used Paralyze Heal on SMASHBRO! SMASHBRO is no longer paralyzed!

Get well soon, guy.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks guys. I'm fine now... just can't lift anything heavy.
Oh, something I forgot to mention: You know the feeling of when you slam into something or hit something so hard you don't feel the pain of impact til later, but just the shock instead? Yeah, it was kinda like that.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:08 pm

I believe that's the origin of the phrase "That'll hurt tomorrow."

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Holy crap dude. I'm glad you're ok.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Aww feel better smashbro! We need you to balance out the moderation duo that si the two of us.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:35 pm

K, I hate to be dumping my woe-is-me crap on you guys, but... well... this actually isn't that bad. I found out my carpet was wet where I'm trying to build up a rig for PC gaming. I thought it was rat piss until I smelled it... nothing. Then I thought the toilet overflowed... Nope.

It turns out the water heater in the garage sprung a leak and my room just happens to be right next to the garage. So I unplugged everything in the wet area, which was a lot cause everything is in one of those 6-outlet extension things and figured out how to shut off the damn water heater before I threw towels down.

I just happened to notice it was wet because I was unpacking my crap from Tahoe... scratch... and my cell phone charger plugs into the multi-outlet that area. Good thing I found out about it early, if that computer were to have fried, I would've lost it. Oh, now we need to buy a water heater... fuck. Oh, yeah, no hot water... Do I shower in the morning, now, or what?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:38 pm

smashbro is having the worst week ever.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:45 pm

Dude, I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for me.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 am

I um,....am being totally swamped with school work? That sucks right?

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:49 am

Absolutelly.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Eiron wrote:I um,....am being totally swamped with school work? That sucks right?
Surprisingly, this happens to not be a problem for me right now... yayz.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Wow Smashbro, you're pretty lucky by the sounds of it. I know essentially what that would've felt like as this past weekend I was trying out a powerbomb at training and was legitimately dropped on my neck which would later turn out to have done some semi-serious damage to 2 discs. Likewise tho it never hurt really upon impact so I continued training and couldn't move the next day. Partly why I've been away from the site. Anyways things have improved greatly and I can again move comfortably. Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread or anything. We just seem to have a similar Saturday experience

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Damn, hope you recover soon too, lol. Not a problem though, a reason I made this thread was for posting hurt stories.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Well then I think I'll know where to post future injuries lol

I'm doing a lot better and no permanent damage seems to have been done. Funny thing is, as painful as this chosen career is I actually enjoy the usual ( not including this incident) pain from regular classes lol.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:21 pm

I have returned with an injury...YAY?

So, in a move that was ENTIRELY stupid my buddies and I were playing essentially a tag game. Some of us were drunk of course and it's called Grounder. We play around midnight at a playground. How it works is 1 person (or 2 depending) is it. They must close their eyes and try and tag someone on the equipment. If 1 of us jumps onto the ground and the "it" person yells grounder you become it. So I was it and I could here someone right where I was. (There was 2 of us it) and we both were at the sides of a bridge. So I stuck my arm through the rail and instead of swinging over buddy decides to run snapping my arm the wrong way. He became it and I wound up back in the hospital. Fun game, but stupid mistakes lead to painful injuries (such as sacking yourself on bars lmao). So yeah, I'm a human voodoo doll I think

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:22 pm

It sounds like fish out of water... out of water.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:24 pm

SurgePox wrote:It sounds like fish out of water... out of water.

Ya, probably. Really fun game and damn good excercise. Only thing is when cops show up the odd time (11pm-6am is off limits in public parks and people like to call in occasionally Sad)

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:45 pm

JGH27 wrote:I have returned with an injury...YAY?

So, in a move that was ENTIRELY stupid my buddies and I were playing essentially a tag game. Some of us were drunk of course and it's called Grounder. We play around midnight at a playground. How it works is 1 person (or 2 depending) is it. They must close their eyes and try and tag someone on the equipment. If 1 of us jumps onto the ground and the "it" person yells grounder you become it. So I was it and I could here someone right where I was. (There was 2 of us it) and we both were at the sides of a bridge. So I stuck my arm through the rail and instead of swinging over buddy decides to run snapping my arm the wrong way. He became it and I wound up back in the hospital. Fun game, but stupid mistakes lead to painful injuries (such as sacking yourself on bars lmao). So yeah, I'm a human voodoo doll I think
[color=cyan]Holy crap, we play that at my youth group. Played it today, actually. I've never been it, thankfully, but I've seen a couple girls eat shit when they were it. Yeah, same rules apply, only we say fish out of water *points at Surge* We call it Spider Tag though, or disturbance, either one.

But holy crap, you broke your arm or just snapped it? Either way, ouch, man.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:50 pm

Just snapped it back at the elbow making it impossible to move for a week or 2 (this was about 3 weeks ago, haven't played since). But yeah, I proceed to kick, curse and curse some mor while holding it lol.

Basically the problem was because it was my right arm and he ran full force into it forcing it to snap the wrong way. Had it have been my left arm would have been good because it would've bent the right way.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:56 am

Heh. Funny how shit happens. Hope your arm feels better soon.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:06 pm

It's essentially back to normal, just the odd stiff pain.

Sooner it heals sooner I can consider some job options that requires good health lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 pm

I think that game is far too dangerous when not played in the pool.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next