State of the Brawl

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

State of the Brawl

Post  Eiron on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Ok, I wanted to do this for my 2000th post, but I forgot, then episode 2 came out and there was all that hullaballoo, then we had the No SurgePox Bear Calvary and the Gorblax thing. Now that nothing crazy is distracting me, I can present to you...

The 2009 State of the Brawl Address

Basically, I'd like this thread to be a place where we can all help each other improve our brawling, by offering tips and feedback for our members. I realize that we did something like this before in the Friendlies Thread, but only a few of us regularly use that.

Posts don't have to be nearly so detailed as this, but I'd like everyone to contribute, even if its just a few small things. Also, try and be specific, pointing out things that can be worked towards and improved upon. If you feel like you haven't played someone enough to be able to help, that's ok. I've also included a brief self analysis, but that's something I just wanted to do.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I will be continuously adding to this thread, and compiling all the information contributed by our members into the original post for easy access. Also, I think I'll set up a specific section for characters that more than one of us use.

So, I'll start.

SurgePoximus Prime

My main man, you and I have been Brawling almost daily (save for when school goes into overswarm mode).

Snake-
You have grenade camping down. At range, your Snake is nightmarish. On the other hand, you seem to falter a bit at close range. I'd recomend working on jab cancelling first and foremost. Also, Snake has a ridiculous tech chasing game. He can down throw his opponents over and over again if he predicts their roles right, so you should work on incorporating that too.

Dobs says:
NADES! Your grenades are so frustrating at times they make me feel like strangling a kitten. However, once i dodge the minefield and REACH you, you aren't too difficult to deal with. Learn to use all of Snake's tilts because most KO at low damage. Also, learn the timing on his meteor and edge guard more... its beast, but you probably already knew that.

Meta Knight-
Meta Knight. Meh. Your pretty good here. You hardly use him when you fight me, so all I can say is don't go to Lylat Cruise with him. Very Happy

Bowser-
Bowser vs Ganon matches are the best in the game! Ok, my tips are: Use Up B out of sheild more and as a super fast get off me attack, use the infinite jump glitch to manuever and position yourself, incorporate more grab release shenanigans, and work your ledge game a bit.

Wario-
Don't get grabbed. Very Happy Your Wario is good, but you need to work on just moving around in the air a bit more. Wario can float around on par with Marth and Jiggly, so you can space the hell out of people. Also, if you do a wheelie on the bike, you'll block projectiles.

Captain Falcon-
JAB CANCELING. Do it. Falcon has one of the best jabs in the games, and you can cancel it into all sorts of cool stuff. I want to see you using uair, bair, and nair more. Nair is a great approach, and Falcon's bair has the same power as Ganon's, but has pretty much no lag and is easier to hit with.

Overall-
There's only one thing I want to say about your overall playstyle, because it really does need addressing. Roll Baiting. You fall for it just about every time. If I'm down a stock and your by the edge, all I have to do is walk towards you, turn around, and smash. Nine times out of ten you try to roll behind me to get away from the edge and eat elbow.

Relmitos, the Green Avatared-Green Sigged-Green Garbed Elf Player

Relmitos, you're the best. I send you one combo video and the next match we have you're nailing me with DAC's, arrow cancels, hitting me with smash attacks while holding bombs, and killing me with Boomerang guarding. Keep it up man.

Link-
You have improved so much with this guy. Use zair more, work on short hop combinations (Nair, bair, and fair being good choices), and full hop dairs offstage. You could stand to use bombs a little more, and your projectile game can still improve. Try full jumping while throwing a boomerang, then arrow canceling on the way down. You jab cancel all the time, but work in grabs and some combos. Use up tilt more, its a great move.I have some info for you on projectiles. The most simple thing that I see Link players do is just full jump and throw a bomb straight down. I don't particulrly recall you doing that in any matches, but you probably have. You can add on to that though, and start being nasty. The bombs explosion pops people up into the air, so you can fast fall and do an ariel and its pretty much a garunteed hit. Nair is the safest, because it autocancels when you land, so even if your opponent sheilds your still safe. Dair, of course, would be used to kill the poor sap. If your hanging on the ledge with a bomb and some rude fellow comes over to the ledge, you can drop down, throw the bomb up, jump, and up B back to the ledge. There's a technique called Item Boosting that you need to learn how to do, as well as Glide Tossing. I only know how to Glide Toss, so I'll only add that for now. While holding an item, initiate a roll. It doesn't matter what direction. Immediatley afterwards, throw the item in the direction of your choosing. Instead of rolling, you'll throw the item and slide foreward in the precess. This will get added to the ZSS and TL sections too. Now, here's some tricks for the boomerang and your arrows. Any side B move can be used to instantly stop a dash and be used in the direction opposite you were running in. So, you can dash away from an opponent and quickly throw a boomerang back at their face. Also, you need to know about B Reversals. If you GENTLY press back on the control stick in the air, allow it to return to the neutral position, and press the B button, you'll turn around in midair and use your standard B attack. This means you can fire arrows while retreating as well.

Orland, the guy who regularly handed my ass to me for the longest time

Yeah, you rock with ZSS. I keep my eyes peeled for that damn side B all the time now.

ZSS-
There are just a couple of things I'd like to add to your ZSS game. You can use your down smash for almost garunteed kills at higher percentages. After we recover from the "Shock" animation, we pop up into the air but still can't control our characters. If you jump up and do a bair, we die. Similarly, if you hit us with it while we're getting back onto the stage, run off the stage (don't jump) and bair us into the stage, we get stage spiked.

smashbro says:
You are deadly with the over+B whip with ZSS. You tend to use that and the up smash a lot, which I kind think the up isn't always the right attack to use. My favorite combos with ZSS are: Paralyze shot + foreward dash + (Maybe even some forward tilts in her) down tilt kick + forward aerial + anything from there; and getting the opponent in the Up+B Whip + up tilt- lather ,rinse, repeat til it fails. That's my advice with ZSS, but in actuality, you're probably better with her than I am.

Toon Link-
I don't know a whole lot about TL, but you seem to have him down pretty well. I think smashbro plays him as well, so maybe you guys can help each other out.

smashbro says:
My strategy with TL is throwing a lot of items and trying to connect with a Bair Barrage, but that doesn't happen too often. I also prefer using his tilts and just finding anyway to combo someone. If Zadd were to come back, he could give you advice as he only uses him.

For Both Characters-
There's a technique called Item Boosting that you need to learn how to do, as well as Glide Tossing. I only know how to Glide Toss, so I'll only add that for now. While holding an item, initiate a roll. It doesn't matter what direction. Immediatley afterwards, throw the item in the direction of your choosing. Instead of rolling, you'll throw the item and slide foreward in the precess. Also, any side B move can be used to instantly stop a dash and be used in the direction opposite you were running in. So, you can dash away from an opponent and quickly throw a boomerang/plasma whip back at their face. Also, you need to know about B Reversals. If you GENTLY press back on the control stick in the air, allow it to return to the neutral position, and press the B button, you'll turn around in midair and use your standard B attack. This means you can fire arrows/paralyzer while retreating as well.

Dobs, The You're Going to get Spiked and Your Going to Like it Guy.

Dobs, the first time we played, you won every single freaking match. I was so humbled. I'm doing better now, but we haven't had a chance to really sit down and get some one on ones in.

Samus-
Your best character. But everyone already knew that. I really can't think of a whole lot to say here. You may do this and I just don't remember, but Samus can shoot two missiles in quick succession if she jumps, shoots one right before landing, then shoots another one. On stages like battlefield, you can shoot three missles off really quickly by dropping off a platform and shooting a third missle. That would be a pretty beastly edgeguard. Speaking of which, you love chasing people offstage, but I'm starting to be able to stage spike you and avoid your spikes, so you may want to mix up your routine a bit. Also, my tall manly characters should probably be eating zairs more than they do now. Also, you can get over zealous going for your spikes and kill yourself.

SurgePox says:
Definently your best character. The strongest part of your game I would say is your mastered spiking, but sadly it makes you a bit predictable sometimes. I would recommend edge camping with projectiles to make it harder for your opponent to find their way back, then get in the spike when they aren't expecting it. other than that you use tiLts and samus' close range moves very well. I would camp more, but that's just me (as you can see with my snake)

Kirby-
I know almost nothing about Kirby. Apparently, he can do a 60% combo on heavier characters using various grabs and short hopped air combinations, so you may want to look that stuff up.[/quote]

SurgePox says:You have a good ground game with your kirby, but I would try and play up the air game a bit more, which is excellent for kirby. Try more short hopped aerials and see if you can pull off fence of pain.

Pokemon Trainer-
smashbro says:
Pokemon Trainer could use improvement, but as you told me before, you don't really use him. Tilts are very friendly with each of the Pokemon and really the A button in general. With Squirtle it's good so jump around and confuse the enemy his tilts work really well in close combat. He also his a strong down throw, up smash, and up air. Ivysaur, well, there's bullet seed of course, but also using his A and forward and down tilts to use his vines works for racking up damage and keeping the enemy at bay. His back aerial is also really good for keeping enemies awayAlso, his Vine Whip... connect with someone at enough damage with the sweet spot and you'll be sayin sweet. Lastly Charizard... Personally my worst of the three, especially on one-on-ones, but that isn't saying much. He's really good in that he takes awhile to kill so if you're at high damage with Ivysaur and don't want to die, switch. His Flamethrower and Rock Smash can rack up damage and Rock Smash can be used as an alternative for smash attacks his forward/neutral/back airs all work at knockin back enemies and of course... his spike, but you know that.

The bro of smash , Sonix the Lightning Mage , and The Mysterious Tournement Organizer Teconmoon

I haven't had the opportunity to play you guys as often as the others, so I can't provide as much help.

Tec, I'd recomend you try and play both of these guys more, since they are both very good with Ness and could help you improve.

Eiron

Myself. What I think of my own abilities.

Ganondorf-
My Ganon has definatley improved, but there's still alot I need to work on. When I started incorporating uair more into my game, I cut back on my Thunderstorming (Lagless dairs) pretty badly. I've improved my ledge game quite a bit, and am more comfortable offstage now.

Dobs says:
Very good, not the best i've played (cell ) but getting much better. I would incorporate more short hop dairs just stuck in their randomly.. but other than that, just keep doing what you're doing; you're steadily progressing.

Ike-
My Ike is starting to suck. I can barely space my fairs, and I can never remember to jab cancel. I need to start working on jab combinations, ledge tricks, revamp my air game, and much more. I feel genuinly inhibited while playing as Ike now, though I know where I should be focusing much of my energy.

Dobs says:
You're Ike isn't too shabby either. I've got some random tips that you may or may not know, but i haven't noticed you using them. Firstly, dtilt. If someone is making a recovery, overshoots the ledge, and is falling back down towards it; dtilt. It does a meteor smash that will almost always KO. Also if someone (like me) is being obnoxious and handing on the edge for a while, dtilt will knock them down to their doom. Another random edgeguarding trick when hanging from the edge and someone is trying to recover. (i do this with everyone, you should too, but it works particularly well with ike) drop from the edge and quickly use your second jump followed immedietly by dair. This lets you meteor at about the same level as the ledge and comes in handy quite a bit.

Donkey Kong-
My progress with DK has started to stagnate. Much like Ike, I rely on a few tricks to try and carry me through the entire match. My general understanding is still pretty low, and I'm still coming to grips with all of DK's intricasies. That said, I have made real advances in my ledge game as DK.

Overall-
I think playing Ganon has actually hurt my ability to play as other characters. Shocked Ganon's ariels only autocancel if you do a short but don't fast fall, so I've trained myself to never do it, even though all my other characters benefit from it. Also, Ganon has a one hit jab, so its difficult for me to comfortably jab cancel with characters like Ike. Ganon's up tilt is utter garbage, and I avoid it like the plague, but most of the cast has fantastic up tilts that need to be incorporated into their games. It takes conscious effort for me to use up tilt with Ike and DK. I'm not exactly sure how to get around my Ganonry bleeding into other characters other than just take a break with him, but I've been improving with him so much that I don't want to. Sad

Ok, that's it for now. I'd really like to see this become a place where we can all chip in and help each other improve, so contribute what you can.

Last edited by Eiron on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 16 times in total

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: State of the Brawl

Post  SurgePox on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Eiron, I'm quite flattered with all of this. you are far to kind, and you are a bit harsh on yourself.

Your Ganon is the best I've played, and even inspired me to use him once or twice on my friends. I think you should work on tech chasing out of your sideb, as I've seen that work devastatingly well the two times you've used it on me. I've even used ganon against my friends, just picking up on stuff I've seen you use on me.

I also don't see your fox enough, but I really don't think you should give up on him. He can be excellent if given the time to learn his tricks, and I'd be more than happy to help you grow with him.

Sadly, there is little I know about DK and Ike, but I guess god general advice is practice practice practice.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Thank you Surge. And yeah, any advice for Fox would be welcome.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Yeah, Eiron, I underestimated how good you'd be with Ganon. he's really good. As for giving adviace, i really can't because those characters are like the opposite of what I prefer. And we haven't played enough. As for Fox, I gave up on him, but ended up picking up about 3 more characters in the process. He changed from Melee and that depressed me, but I may go back and try out Team StarFox again.

Surge... You rape with G&W. End of story. Snake, as Eiron said, you have grenade camping down, but once someone gets close, it's kinda easier to get you. I dunno, I found Snake hard at first, but not so much cause just cause I feel like I can get around him. Your good with Bowser too, and I like playing against him. Razz Meta Knight... played him a couple times, he's alright. The others, idk.

Sonix rapes. He should be giving ME advice. And he doesn't only use Ness...

Dobs, I feel like you have a personal vandeta towards me sometimes. Your Samus is really good, though I'm not sure if I can really give advice on him. Pokemon Trainer could use improvement, but as you told me before, you don't really use him. Tilts are very friendly with each of the Pokemon and really the A button in general. With Squirtle it's good so jump around and confuse the enemy his tilts work really well in close combat. He also his a strong down throw, up smash, and up air. Ivysaur, well, there's bullet seed of course, but also using his A and forward and down tilts to use his vines works for racking up damage and keeping the enemy at bay. His back aerial is also really good for keeping enemies awayAlso, his Vine Whip... connect with someone at enough damage with the sweet spot and you'll be sayin sweet. Lastly Charizard... Personally my worst of the three, especially on one-on-ones, but that isn't saying much. He's really good in that he takes awhile to kill so if you're at high damage with Ivysaur and don't want to die, switch. His Flamethrower and Rock Smash can rack up damage and Rock Smash can be used as an alternative for smash attacks his forward/neutral/back airs all work at knockin back enemies and of course... his spike, but you know that.

Relm... played you in the tourney... uh... You play as Link.

Orland, all I've seen you play as is ZSS and some Toon Link. My strategy with TL is throwing a lot of items and trying to connect with a Bair Barrage, but that doesn't happen too often. I also prefer using his tilts and just finding anyway to combo someone. If Zadd were to come back, he could give you advice as he only uses him. You are deadly with the over+B whip with ZSS. You tend to use that and the up smash a lot, which I kind think the up isn't always the right attack to use. My favorite combos with ZSS are: Paralyze shot + foreward dash + (Maybe even some forward tilts in her) down tilt kick + forward aerial + anything from there; and getting the opponent in the Up+B Whip + up tilt- lather ,rinse, repeat til it fails. That's my advice with ZSS, but in actuality, you're probably better with her than I am.

Tech... I forgot who you play as... fffffcrap, sorry.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobs on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:44 pm

i'll critique surge and eiron because they're the only people i've played here consitantly.

Eiron
Ganondorf
Very good, not the best i've played (cell Razz) but getting much better. I would incorporate more short hop dairs just stuck in their randomly.. but other than that, just keep doing what you're doing; you're steadily progressing.

Ike
You're Ike isn't too shabby either. I've got some random tips that you may or may not know, but i haven't noticed you using them. Firstly, dtilt. If someone is making a recovery, overshoots the ledge, and is falling back down towards it; dtilt. It does a meteor smash that will almost always KO. Also if someone (like me) is being obnoxious and handing on the edge for a while, dtilt will knock them down to their doom. Another random edgeguarding trick when hanging from the edge and someone is trying to recover. (i do this with everyone, you should too, but it works particularly well with ike) drop from the edge and quickly use your second jump followed immedietly by dair. This lets you meteor at about the same level as the ledge and comes in handy quite a bit.

i know nothing about DK, so i'm just gonna move on Razz

Surge
Snake
NADES! Your grenades are so frustrating at times they make me feel like strangling a kitten. However, once i dodge the minefield and REACH you, you aren't too difficult to deal with. Leard to use all of Snake's tilts because most KO at low damage. Also, learn the timing on his meteor and edge guard more... its beast, but you probably already knew that.

GW
i think he's your best character. I can't really give you any advice cause i really have never played him, but i thought you should know that i think he's your strongest.

EDIT: in response to smashbro:
I tend to target people that either are in the lead, or KOd me early in the match... that may have been you the few times we played, sorry bout that one. Also, i wanted a charizard fight.

I love playing pokemon trainer because its a lot of fun for me, but sadly it isn't very good. I'll try to use your advice to make myself a bit better with the three of them. I can't stand ANY of their recoveries though -_-;

i'm not doing a critique because i really don't remember fighting you all that well, after a few more, i'll post something here Razz

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:23 pm

I'll do one for dobs, since I have bit more experience playing with him since he was my team mate.

Samus:
Definently your best character. The strongest part of your game I would say is your mastered spiking, but sadly it makes you a bit predictable sometimes. I would recommend edge camping with projectiles to make it harder for your opponent to find their way back, then get in the spike when they aren't expecting it. other than that you use tiLts and samus' close range moves very well. I would camp more, but that's just me (as you can see with my snake)

Kirby:
You have a good ground game with your kirby, but I would try and play up the air game a bit more, which is excellent for kirby. Try more short hopped aerials and see if you can pull off fence of pain.

That's all I got.

Last edited by SurgePox on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:13 am

smashbro wrote:

Dobs, I feel like you have a personal vandeta towards me sometimes. Your Samus is really good, though I'm not sure if I can really give advice on him.

WUT.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:45 am

Eiron wrote:
smashbro wrote:

Dobs, I feel like you have a personal vandeta towards me sometimes. Your Samus is really good, though I'm not sure if I can really give advice on him.

WUT.
This, and...
SurgePox wrote:other than that you use tits and samus' close range moves very well.
Wut?? Someone's having too much grouP Sex, I suppose...

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Eiron wrote:
Relmitos, the Green Avatared-Green Sigged-Green Garbed Elf Player

Relmitos, you're the best. I send you one combo video and the next match we have you're nailing me with DAC's, arrow cancels, hitting me with smash attacks while holding bombs, and killing me with Boomerang guarding. Keep it up man.

And I wouldn't be doing so well with my Link game if you hadn't shown me those, I thought I played some pretty good brawl, but then you showed me that video, and I brawled with you all. I realized then that I have so much to learn still. I didn't even know Link could pull off something as hax as the DAC, it's amazing.

As much as it sucks to have to say, I really just don't do enough friendlies to be able to tell people what they need to work on. All I know is that I found myself eating dirt rather constantly when I had that tourney match against smashbro and sonix.....that's definitly an indicator that I myself can do better.

Only person I brawl on an even sort of semi-decent basis is Eiron. His Ganon, as said, is REALLY improving. The first match we did ever, he was winning most of the matches. After he showed me that video he mentioned, I came back and did really well. Later on? Well.....the fights were nothing short of epic. I want to see more of your Ike though....I was impressed by it when we first fought. I still laugh a bit knowing you play D.K. now because I DKcided you at Onett for fun.

I should pay attention to the forums a bit more for friendlies, really....

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Blue Madness wrote:
Eiron wrote:
smashbro wrote:

WUT.
This, and...
SurgePox wrote:other than that you use tits and samus' close range moves very well.
Wut?? Someone's having too much grouP Sex, I suppose...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Holy fuck I almost shat a brick laughing so hard.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 am

I love this place. Very Happy

Dobs, The You're Going to get Spiked and Your Going to Like it Guy.

Dobs, the first time we played, you won every single freaking match. I was so humbled. I'm doing better now, but we haven't had a chance to really sit down and get some one on ones in.

Samus-
Your best character. But everyone already knew that. I really can't think of a whole lot to say here. You may do this and I just don't remember, but Samus can shoot two missiles in quick succession if she jumps, shoots one right before landing, then shoots another one. On stages like battlefield, you can shoot three missles off really quickly by dropping off a platform and shooting a third missle. That would be a pretty beastly edgeguard. Speaking of which, you love chasing people offstage, but I'm starting to be able to stage spike you and avoid your spikes, so you may want to mix up your routine a bit. Also, my tall manly characters should probably be eating zairs more than they do now. Also, you can get over zealous going for your spikes and kill yourself.

Kirby-
I know almost nothing about Kirby. Apparently, he can do a 60% combo on heavier characters using various grabs and short hopped air combinations, so you may want to look that stuff up.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Ka Bump. I've compiled most of the information that everyone has given into the original post, to make things easier. I have some more things I want to add for Relmitos, but I have homework to do first.

Edit: Relmitos, I have some info for you on projectiles. The most simple thing that I see Link players do is just full jump and throw a bomb straight down. I don't particulrly recall you doing that in any matches, but you probably have. You can add on to that though, and start being nasty. The bombs explosion pops people up into the air, so you can fast fall and do an ariel and its pretty much a garunteed hit. Nair is the safest, because it autocancels when you land, so even if your opponent sheilds your still safe. Dair, of course, would be used to kill the poor sap. If your hanging on the ledge with a bomb and some rude fellow comes over to the ledge, you can drop down, throw the bomb up, jump, and up B back to the ledge. There's a technique called Item Boosting that you need to learn how to do, as well as Glide Tossing. I only know how to Glide Toss, so I'll only add that for now. While holding an item, initiate a roll. It doesn't matter what direction. Immediatley afterwards, throw the item in the direction of your choosing. Instead of rolling, you'll throw the item and slide foreward in the precess. This will get added to the ZSS and TL sections too. Now, here's some tricks for the boomerang and your arrows. Any side B move can be used to instantly stop a dash and be used in the direction opposite you were running in. So, you can dash away from an opponent and quickly throw a boomerang back at their face. Also, you need to know about B Reversals. If you GENTLY press back on the control stick in the air, allow it to return to the neutral position, and press the B button, you'll turn around in midair and use your standard B attack. This means you can fire arrows while retreating as well.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:01 am

Ah yea, I remember seeing something about the item boosting, but that was before you showed me that combo video so I just kinda went "wtf?" and continued on my way trying to figure things out. I'll get to work on these things. Expect them, though I'll have to look around the SMW forums some myself to try to figure out why some of these things are useful and what to do with them exactly. I'd imagine glide tossing is mostly just an attempt to surprise an opponent who's high above you similar to a DAC if the target is on the ground. Item boosting sounds like it could be interesting, that will be my main research topic when I get to those forums to figure things out. Won't lie though, ever since you taught me about all of those nifty melee moves, I've started slacking off on the projectile game.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:08 am

*Says something deep and profound*

Eh... I just haven't fought any of you in forever.
And getting real used to Brawl+, as well. lol

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 pm

I recently realized jsut how far I've come with brawl.
I played against a friend who i hadn't played since july of last year. At that time we were just about even. We was a spammy wolf, and I solely played GW. The other day I noticed he was online and asked him to play, and i absolutly danced circles around him. i beat him every single time with every character. I was dissapointed that he kept saying stuff like "Man I should be better than this" instead of noting my improvement, but I'll take it for whatever I can get.

besides, it made it that much sweeter when I Falcon Punched him three times in one match

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:10 pm

SurgePox wrote:
besides, it made it that much sweeter when I Falcon Punched him three times in one match

You Falcon Punching me out of an Aether was pretty awesome too.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:39 pm

I managed something similar by connecting right at the top part of wolf's side b.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:34 pm

All hail the Falcon Punch.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Eiron wrote:All hail the Falcon Punch.
I invented a drink named the falcon punch.

Spoiler:
It's one part Hawaiian Punch
and 23 parts Double-Barrel Jack Whiskey.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:28 pm

That would do it. O _O

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:34 pm

I was going for something that would cause a fiery miscarriage.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 pm

SurgePox wrote:I invented a drink named the falcon punch.

Spoiler:
It's one part Hawaiian Punch
and 23 parts Double-Barrel Jack Whiskey.
You know I gotta try this.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Best way to set it up is pour a dixie cup of Punch into the whole bottle.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:37 pm

Now that the forum battle is over, we can air out our dirty laundry again.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:03 am

Oh, fun.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard