Post  SurgePox on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:25 pm

i doubt that job pays well.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Weldar on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:29 pm

Gorblax wrote:Kirby's portrayal is a parody of the whole "eating people" thing. As far from "canon" as it is, it makes sense. Meta Knight doesn't.

That's what a mean. Kirby's portrayal is exactly what he does, simply in a more realistic manner. But from what we know so far the body dismemberer doesn't really seem to fit in with any of the characters. Meta Knight was just a random stab in the dark, I don't really think it's him. I was simply making a guess for the sake of it.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:54 am

GAME. AND. WATCH. Why will nobody take me seriously? He doesn't HAVE a character, so it's simple to fill the void with a killer.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:21 am

Weeeeeell....Brawl does state that he can't differentiate good from evil. Or at least Sakurai said so on the DOJO. And the inability to understand the difference between right and wrong is the definition of "legally insane" in criminal trials, so the idea isn't without merit...

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand_Marquis on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Hmm, well it seems the theories should be broken up into categories.

There's the likely very large "appropriate moves theory" which states that the killer must have a move in Brawl that relates to chomping or eating other characters, a la Kirby. But this theory, it should be kept in mind, hinges on Kirby NOT being a red herring. If Kirby is a red herring, then this theory falls apart fairly quickly. Also, for characters like Yoshi, who have been with the series for a while, it doesn't make sense that their habits would only now start becoming a problem. This theory, i think, is broad enough to include game and watch, since 'moves' could be interpreted as physiology.

There's the "alien platforms theory" which of course stems from Brawl containing characters from atypical games. IE: snake or sonic the hedgehog. The thinking here is that because these characters are not nintendo-specific, they can't be trusted. There are lots of interesting and cool ways this could potentially be handled, but at the same time, there are also plenty of holes in this theory sitting right out in the open, let alone the deeper, more fundamental ones. This is a theory that's ripe for speculation, but ultimately will get you nowhere.

And finally there's the "metapolitics theory" which is derived from the fact that all the characters who have been killed so far are characters that were cut from Brawl. Hence, the killer's identity might be learned, not by looking inside the game, using game logic, but instead by looking at the outside politics involved in the game's creation. By looking at the real-world motivations for which characters were included in Brawl (esp. if there had been some big controversy or something...was there?), we'll be able to better guess at which characters benefited the most from those other characters' removal.

Grand_Marquis
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Grand_Marquis wrote:Hmm, well it seems the theories should be broken up into categories.

There's the likely very large "appropriate moves theory" which states that the killer must have a move in Brawl that relates to chomping or eating other characters, a la Kirby. But this theory, it should be kept in mind, hinges on Kirby NOT being a red herring. If Kirby is a red herring, then this theory falls apart fairly quickly. Also, for characters like Yoshi, who have been with the series for a while, it doesn't make sense that their habits would only now start becoming a problem. This theory, i think, is broad enough to include game and watch, since 'moves' could be interpreted as physiology.

There's the "alien platforms theory" which of course stems from Brawl containing characters from atypical games. IE: snake or sonic the hedgehog. The thinking here is that because these characters are not nintendo-specific, they can't be trusted. There are lots of interesting and cool ways this could potentially be handled, but at the same time, there are also plenty of holes in this theory sitting right out in the open, let alone the deeper, more fundamental ones. This is a theory that's ripe for speculation, but ultimately will get you nowhere.

And finally there's the "metapolitics theory" which is derived from the fact that all the characters who have been killed so far are characters that were cut from Brawl. Hence, the killer's identity might be learned, not by looking inside the game, using game logic, but instead by looking at the outside politics involved in the game's creation. By looking at the real-world motivations for which characters were included in Brawl (esp. if there had been some big controversy or something...was there?), we'll be able to better guess at which characters benefited the most from those other characters' removal.
1st Bold: You sure it's not "appropriate motives theory"? I dunno, motives just sounds like ti would fit better.
2nd Bold: If this is true, then it would be Ike or Lucario since they took the place of dead Roy and Mewtwo (and possible Pichu).

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Gorblax wrote:GAME. AND. WATCH. Why will nobody take me seriously? He doesn't HAVE a character, so it's simple to fill the void with a killer.

I believe this idea has a lot of merit.

But the way I'm thinking about it the creators would most likely want the killer to be some sort of dramatic twist, or at least more riveting than "it was that guy."

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:39 am

Grand_Marquis wrote:. By looking at the real-world motivations for which characters were included in Brawl (esp. if there had been some big controversy or something...was there?)

I believe people were angry that the only new female character was another version of an existing character, (Zero Suit Samus) and that she fell under the category of "sex sells." There was also riots in major cities over the exclusion of Ridley and Geno.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand_Marquis on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:47 pm

smashbro wrote:You sure it's not "appropriate motives theory"?
Nope, definitely "Moves". I'm talking about how Kirby's main skill is eating people, it's one of his moves, so it makes sense that he's a hannibal parody. If this is an indication of why the killer kills people, and not a red herring (which it probably is), then the killer must be one of the game characters that has an eating skill/move. IE: Yoshi, Wario, I don't know who else cuz I don't actually play brawl that much, etc.

My initial thought was Yoshi but in retrospect, that doesn't make any sense, because he's pretty much always been in smash bros, hasn't he? So it would be weird if he only just now started getting noticed as a cannibal..

Personally, the whole Samus argument seems pretty strong right now. Mirrors "Silence of the Lambs", was involved in controversy...hm, yeah, it's got potential.

Grand_Marquis
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:51 pm

Grand_Marquis wrote:My initial thought was Yoshi but in retrospect, that doesn't make any sense, because he's pretty much always been in smash bros, hasn't he? So it would be weird if he only just now started getting noticed as a cannibal..
The dismemberer isn't a cannibal, that's why they found the internal organs of the victims.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:53 pm

What do you think of the possibility that the body dismemberer isn't a person? Like maybe its something else entirely. like some kind of force or strange event.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:19 pm

SurgePox wrote:What do you think of the possibility that the body dismemberer isn't a person? Like maybe its something else entirely. like some kind of force or strange event.
Maybe it's the black cloud of WHAT from Lost.
I'm actually starting to think that it could be Ike or Lucario if G&W isn't and the dismemberer IS a character, because of the 3rd theory.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:25 pm

My new number one theory is that the dismemberer is not a person or a cast member.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:32 pm

^Plants are consciously releasing neural toxins causing people to disembowl themselves.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Eiron wrote:^Plants are consciously releasing neural toxins causing people to disembowl themselves.
lol happening. the only scary part of that movie was that creepy old lady coming out of nowhere towards the end

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:37 pm

^lol, yeah I didn't actually watch it. I just wikied it and burst out laughing at the plot premise.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:38 pm

^Yeah it was sorta dumb.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm still gonna watch the Avarar: Last Airbender movie he's directing. (Why him, I'll never know.)

Yeah. I'm a huge geek for that show.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Eiron wrote:I'm still gonna watch the Avarar: Last Airbender movie he's directing. (Why him, I'll never know.)

Yeah. I'm a huge geek for that show.
I've seen maybe one episode of that show, but i can sorta see the appeal; it's a good show.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 pm

It is. I tcould get kinda kiddish, but then it would slap you in the face with something really heavy.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:47 pm

^Is the movie a TV movie or an In theatres movie?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:48 pm

IN THEATERS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:49 pm

Then i will probably see it with my friends.
Unless a bunch of other, cooler movies come out at the same time.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Yeah, I definatley am gonna see it though.

My friend just said it would be funny if Masahiro Sakurai was the killer. I was like @_@. He's gotta point there...

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

XDD
That would be really funny, but not really that great of an ending, imho

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down