50% 50% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Debate: Modable Games or Corperate Games

Post  Formula1 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:10 pm

I've realized Modding Games has Become more and More popular
Yet, The many of the more Popular Games are Hardly Modable at all (WoW, Halo, SSB, MGS, Pokemon, GTA etc)

For Many people, Modable Games just arent that interesting compared to a game perfected By a Company whom cares about their work

For Others, Modable games Can be very exciting since

Would you rather Have a game that people could Mod or A Game perfected by a Company?
Or Something Inbetween?

Formula1
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Debate: Modable Games or Corperate Games

Post  Gorblax on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:04 am

Both have their pros and cons. I'm terrible at decision making, though, so I appreciate it when the company does it for me.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiages on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Hmm, modable games are cool, but you can't really mod games unless they are PC games. Console and portable games, I would think, are way more annoying to mod, as you'd have to try to work around the hardware. That might explain why some of the most popular games can't be modded. Although, if you search around the internet, some older games have hacks you apply to ROMs, and that's sorta like modding... but ROMs are illegal, soooo...

Anyway, my opinion? Mods are fun and all, but if that's all the game's made of, it'd seem like the company's copping out of making an actual quality game, since they'll depend on the fanbase to make the game better, not themselves. I'd prefer perfected games anyday.

......Wait, did I misunderstand the question?

gaiages
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://dentsinthewall.wordpess.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:35 pm

I'd rather play one perfected by the company. The only thing that could be mod-able would be for like upgrades and stuff, but really, I'd rather not make the game myself.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarsun on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 pm

My favorite game right now is the sims 2. Why you may ask? Because I can mod it up and down and around town and make it my own game. If I don't like how something looks, I go find an override mod. If I want something else easily I get another mod. If I don't like the couches they offer I go download new ones.

I love moddable games. If I can make it my own I love it to death. It's always been the case for me.

solarsun
Toad Thug

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Stranger_Things_have_Happened/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:04 am

Also, I don't think it's an either/or situation. Moddable is merely a genre of gaming, and what you call "corporate" is everything else. You're basically just asking if moddable games are our favorite type of games. That's like asking if you like sports games the best, or RPGs or shooters or fighting games.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Formula1 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Gorblax wrote:Also, I don't think it's an either/or situation. Moddable is merely a genre of gaming, and what you call "corporate" is everything else. You're basically just asking if moddable games are our favorite type of games. That's like asking if you like sports games the best, or RPGs or shooters or fighting games.

Not quite.
Some people Dont Really care if a game can be modded or not
Others do care.

SOme people Believe That Moddable games tend to be worse quality then Corperate Made games (Halo vs Counter Strike)

It can go both ways

Formula1
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:17 am

I think everyone can agree that not all games need to be moddable. Therefore, it's a genre thing rather than an industry thing.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top