Episode 3 is UP UP AND AWAY

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 3 is UP UP AND AWAY

Post  Aktrez on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Hey lovers,

Samus Aran here. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for all of your support. SO psyched that you are enjoying this episode. It's been a bitch trying to keep it a secret but now that it's out - BOOYA!

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Keep watching, sugar!

xoxo,
- Samus

Aktrez
Samus

View user profile http://www.aktrez.tv

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand_Marquis on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Well your debut was awesome! This was the most massive episode yet, I can't believe how many people/characters you guys managed to get for this. The way all the actors have interpreted their characters has been great, actually. But in this one in particular, everyone really seemed to shine.

And by the way, to whoever came up with this: giving Ganondorf a Tony Montana accent was a stroke of friggin genius. I can't wait to see that scene play out in the next episode!

Grand_Marquis
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Gorblax wrote:Question: What was that poster that was up in Marioo's apartment.

This:

a bit different, but pretty much the same thing. But yes, as with the general consensus.....loved this episode! hehe, I laugh a bit every time I see Gdub, he amuses me. I also thought Samus's outfit was really well done, with the patterns all down and sleek and shiny like it is in the game. And, well.....SHOW YA MOVES!!!! I would've been disturbed if Captain Falcon was in there and he didn't say that, I won't lie. Also, I loved that Mute City remix that's at Captain Falcon's club.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:20 pm

My favorite episode yet. Great job.
Lol'd at Ike/Marth at the club.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarWolf on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Amazing episode. Falcon was perfect, and what better role to suit tingle than a gay nightclub owner. The little mac cameo was great also. Keep up the good work

StarWolf
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Aight, so it turns out I don't have plans till later so I got to watch it sooner than I thought.

HOLY FUCK I laughed so hard at the whole Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Captain Falcon being with Pit is a surprise and Ike and Marthe hittin on Red was funny. ZSS was really not a surprise being a stripper. Red had Charizard and not Ivysaur. I loved his last line, "Come on, Charizard, let's go get you some kittens!"

The costume for Ganon is well done. Great job on that. Way better than IGN's (cause theirs was green)

Edit: After reading the whole thread (cause I didn't want to spoil anything before) I missed Barbra. D:
Edit2: Actually, I think I know who she is.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:34 pm

The wait for this episode is totally worth it. If I may please give my opinion on this series for just a second.

Episode 3 has proven to me that unlike other series which start off with a good premise and then muddle up in later episodes, your episodes have actually outdone each previous one, while not making the previous any less enjoyable.

Please release a DVD when this series is finished.

Maniac
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SavageD49 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 pm

This episode was just made of awesome.

I loled so hard with Tingles club, Marth and Ike total yaoi for each other classic. Lets get you some kittens charizard and of course show me your moves.

I must admit seing Samus portrayed as a stripper is abit demeaning to her character, but the actress playing her just plays the role so well especially compared to the other female actresses we've seen so far who just take their acting abit to seriously, not to mention my jaw dropped when i saw her...yes Im now her fanboy Embarassed .

Anywho this episode was made of win especially with Ganondorf at the end, all i can say is Kudos man Kudos

SavageD49
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aktrez on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:20 pm

SavageD49 wrote:This episode was just made of awesome.

I loled so hard with Tingles club, Marth and Ike total yaoi for each other classic. Lets get you some kittens charizard and of course show me your moves.

I must admit seing Samus portrayed as a stripper is abit demeaning to her character, but the actress playing her just plays the role so well especially compared to the other female actresses we've seen so far who just take their acting abit to seriously, not to mention my jaw dropped when i saw her...yes Im now her fanboy Embarassed .

Anywho this episode was made of win especially with Ganondorf at the end, all i can say is Kudos man Kudos

Aww, thank you for the compliment. I will say, however, that I believe Kat and Jo did FANTASTIC jobs at their roles too. You have to remember that they are playing very specific characters here.

Anyhow, about Samus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kb6QAnzYQ8 Take note at 0:07. This is where the Samus idea comes from. So, while it may feel off to have our beloved Samus as a stripper .... Nintendo seemed to be going in that direction anyway. Wink

Aktrez
Samus

View user profile http://www.aktrez.tv

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:23 pm

The defining example is at 1:00 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itl9SHK7g5Y Nintendo made these decisions FOR us.

And the uniting theme of this series is world of Nintendo's descent down the morality scale. Of course Samus isn't getting off any easier than anyone else, and yet she seems to be more in control over her situation than anyone else.

Last edited by JohnnyMcBadass on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SavageD49 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Aktrez wrote:
SavageD49 wrote:This episode was just made of awesome.

Aww, thank you for the compliment. I will say, however, that I believe Kat and Jo did FANTASTIC jobs at their roles too. You have to remember that they are playing very specific characters here.

Anyhow, about Samus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kb6QAnzYQ8 Take note at 0:07. This is where the Samus idea comes from. So, while it may feel off to have our beloved Samus as a stripper .... Nintendo seemed to be going in that direction anyway. Wink

Your quite welcome.

LoL Nintendo wants Samus to be a stripper eh, but to be honest within the whole There will be brawl it makes sense as for her taking on that role.

SavageD49
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:36 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Samus isn't getting off any easier than anyone else

fuck yeah I said it

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:52 pm

Aktrez, you are now responsible of at least 1% of all fanboys squealing right now.

Feel proud. =P

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Fobby wrote:squealing
and drooling

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Not to fan boy over a part of my own project, but I am totally in love with the Samus Strip Theme. Stephen Millis, the composer of that piece, did that remix in one evening, and of my favorite Super Metroid song of all time (Brinstar Overgrown). I've been listening to it every day.

We will be getting the new Downloads/Music up this coming week, so look for it if you are interested!

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:25 pm

Oh, I also want to say that Ganon's clothes were awesome. Yeah...that stood out in my head.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:37 pm

Quick question about Ganondorf. I thought his full real name was Ganondorf Dragmire, yet everyone seems to just call him Ganondorf and his last name is dropped. I think the full name is much cooler to say than half of it. Is this because in SSB he's simply credited as Ganondorf?

Last edited by Maniac on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Maniac
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 pm

The surname Dragmire only appeared in one game (can't remember which), and is generally not recognized as canon.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:16 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:
JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Samus isn't getting off any easier than anyone else

fuck yeah I said it
LOL

But Captain Falcon... man of all that is manly and masculine.... gay? I question this. Shocked Also I was a little confused with G/W suddenly appearing again as the bar-keep. Unless G/W is used to fill random menial job slots... *shrug* Making Bowser a buddhist was sheer genius.

Also (SUPER SPOILERS)
Spoiler:
Looks like my theory about either Sheik or Snake kidnapping Peach may be right... it's obviously not Bowser, and Mario declares quite blatantly that he didn't even see who did it. It just happened. So either Sheik went ninja on his ass, or Snake used his camo tech.

All in all I have to give this episode a middle-of-the-road grade. Lots of references to the classic games, good movement of the plot, I guess... but it really seemed like this episode could have done more in terms of plot progression. Ep 1 and 2 had several things going on or introduced to keep the audience interested, this was more one-track (for better or worse).

It's just my personal feelings after my initial watching. The first two were gold bars, this one was more of a nugget.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:37 am

I need to post here more...

Anyway! This one was awesome! I'm so sad that I had to wait until now to see it. But I am glad I didn't watch it when I originally planned with my friends. One of them is a huge Samus fanboy (actually, any female VG character fanboy) and he may have literally passed out from what happened.

With Mario talking about Bowser and Luigi trying to see him, I felt certain we'd finally get a look and what you've done with him. But the other big villain's appearance made it worth the wait to whenever Bowser shows up.

Kudos to:
- Samus's costume
- Ganon's nose; very OoT reminiscent
- Tingle's gay bar; face it, it had to be done
- Patrons at Tingle's place; Marth, Roy, and Pit were obvious choices. C. Falcon makes sense but surprising
- Gdub doing what the G&W had you do; same character model doing various odd jobs
- Megavitamins being the only pills in the Mushroom Kingdom

The second Friday in April is already marked on my calendar.

Banjo
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:29 am

I absolutely loved this, easily my favourite episode yet. Amazing work all around.

Samus was great, it feels to me like you portrayed her perfectly. Yes it is kind of degrading to have her a stripper but Nintendo has slightly degraded her recently anyway, do you really think Nintendo had anything in mind other than fanservice when they designed ZSS's model for Brawl, hell her whole inclusion was pretty much fanservice. Yet despite that she still came off as quite tough and in control. In my opinion it's probably your most realistic portrayal of any character. It was nice to see a few assist trophies and seeing Mr Game and Watch again. DK, Diddy and Pit were good and Captain Falcon was awesome, but why are you all so surprised about him being gay, isn't it obvious, just look at his (totally awesome) white and pink costume. Oh yeah and Ganondorf he is just pure win.

And all the little references were awesome, I laughed all the way through because of them. Megavitamins, Little Mac, TIngle's Rosy Rupeeland and how has no-one mentioned Jet Hammer Motel and Not-so-Shy Girls yet? They were all great.

Excellent work guys, I await the next episode even more eagerly than ever. (Damn cliffhangers)

Edit: I now see Jet Hammer and not so shy girls were posted in the easter egg thread but still, they were awesome.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:01 am

Maniac wrote:Quick question about Ganondorf. I thought his full real name was Ganondorf Dragmire, yet everyone seems to just call him Ganondorf and his last name is dropped. I think the full name is much cooler to say than half of it. Is this because in SSB he's simply credited as Ganondorf?
Eiron wrote:The surname Dragmire only appeared in one game (can't remember which), and is generally not recognized as canon.
Nintendo of America thought it would be cool to give Ganny a surname, and added the "Dragmire" in the Western version of the manual of A Link to the Past. This surname doesn't appear in the original manual or any version of the actual game, and was never used again. Therefore, it should not be taken into consideration.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:25 am

Three further things, now that I think of them...

We see hair on the floor mixed with the Megavitamins when Mario is drinking himself into oblivion. I recall the line from Peach which would have precipitated this ... but... and damn I may regret asking this... but what the Hell did he shave?! Pretty sure I wasn't the only one who thought Peach meant the mustache... but... yeah...

Matt as Ganon... only good things can come from this.

Finally, Meta Knight cameo (and colored blue). Well done, sirs. I'm a huge Meta Knight fan. Cool

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:13 pm

"Dragmire," like the "plumbers" business, is an entirely American construct. Dragmire does sound pretty cool though.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 pm

I think that if Nintendo was to include Dragmire again, it would feel like they're trying to hard, or not in the right spot.

...That was poorly worded.

However, any reference to it would be cool...

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top