Episode 3 is UP UP AND AWAY

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 3 is UP UP AND AWAY

Post  Eiron on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:28 pm

So, I've watched episode three five times now and have my thoughts in order. Aside from absolutely everything being AMAZING, I really think that the writing that went into this deserves special mention. The script is clever, classy, stylish as hell, fits the characters like a glove, and is delivered perfectly. It kind of goes without saying at this point, but damn, you guys have this down.

Also, you guys are the only people I have EVER seen that make Ganon look good. Not to beat a dead horse, but that is a serious accomplishment. No one else is even in the same ballpark.

Every female lead that's been introduced so far has been amazing. I was a little dissapointed to see Samus as a stripper at first, but her performance was so awesome that it became irrelevant as soon as her dialogue started.

Luigi, Red, and Mario continue to maintain their standards of kick ass-ness. Luigi is just brilliant, and his soliloquies are always a highlight. Red is hilarious. Nuff said. I'd like to see some more of Mario, though, even though the funk he's in was a real mood setter for the episode.
If Mario (since Luigi would know better at this point) burst into Bowser's stronghold, demanding to know where the Princess is, and someone answered "I'm sorry, your princess is in another castle," my head would explode from the insane levels of epic. Just saying.

Last edited by Eiron on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:39 pm

Eiron wrote:If Mario (since Luigi would no better at this point) burst into Bowser's stronghold, demanding to know where the Princess is, and someone answered "I'm sorry, your princess is in another castle," my head would explode from the insane levels of epic. Just saying.

This.
This will happen eventually.

This MUST happen.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAlmightyAwesome on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
Eiron wrote:If Mario (since Luigi would no better at this point) burst into Bowser's stronghold, demanding to know where the Princess is, and someone answered "I'm sorry, your princess is in another castle," my head would explode from the insane levels of epic. Just saying.

This.

This MUST happen.

Grafton? What do you think?
I think the wanting comes in waves...

TheAlmightyAwesome
Luigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAlmightyAwesome on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Eiron wrote:
Luigi, Red, and Mario continue to maintain their standards of kick ass-ness. Luigi is just brilliant, and his soliloquies are always a highlight. Red is hilarious. Nuff said. I'd like to see some more of Mario, though, even though the funk he's in was a real mood setter for the episode.

Dude, you have NO idea how encouraging that is to hear. I can't speak for Paul (Mario) or Kyle (PT), but I really stress out about portraying the character Zach and Matt have created to the best of my ability. So, thanks so much man.

I will also say that Paul wasn't acting in that first scene...he was actually drunk and depressed...women, right? farao

(Why is there a Pharaoh emoticon? A thousand occupations in the history of the world they could have chosen and they chose a Pharaoh...)

TheAlmightyAwesome
Luigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:53 pm

TheAlmightyAwesome wrote:
Spontaneous Combustion wrote:

This.

This MUST happen.

Grafton? What do you think?
I think the wanting comes in waves...

Oh sirs, do not worry. We have... Plans. Wink

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Eiron wrote:If Mario (since Luigi would know better at this point) burst into Bowser's stronghold, demanding to know where the Princess is, and someone answered "I'm sorry, your princess is in another castle," my head would explode from the insane levels of epic. Just saying.

Mario: Where'a My Peech!?
Toad Guard:I'm Sorry, BRO, but your "princess" is in another castle. After bowser turned G- Bhudist, we don't steal princesses anymore. We steal evil minds and then have a 48 hour straight meditation session. Never before has the Feng Shui in this castle been better!

/clashofbeliefs

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miri on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Love the new episode, I'm so envious of such a large group of talented people putting all this together. Smile Keep up the good work!

Miri
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.cosplay.com/member/43538/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Penguin on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Sexy, amazing, jawdrop-inducing, and homosexual all at the same time. Lovin' it.

Who made the Samus helmet/cannon? Matt?

Ninja Penguin
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://youtube.com/ninjapenguinhya/

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:09 pm

TheAlmightyAwesome wrote:

Dude, you have NO idea how encouraging that is to hear. I can't speak for Paul (Mario) or Kyle (PT), but I really stress out about portraying the character Zach and Matt have created to the best of my ability. So, thanks so much man.

I speak only the truth. Everyone involved in this has been phenomenal.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:14 pm

My mom just sent me like five consecutive text messages saying how much she loved it so that's cool.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:57 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:My mom just sent me like five consecutive text messages saying how much she loved it so that's cool.

That, good sir, is quite an accomplishment.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Fobby wrote:Toad Guard:I'm Sorry, BRO,
Someone say BRO?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:53 am

Looks liek I was a little late to the party, buuuuut

BRILLIANT! This was the best episode yet. Total props for whoever played Samus, and the Tingle's Gay club has to have been my favorite location yet. The Marth/Ike gay joke was obligatory, but was interested with how you stepped it up with GW and Barbera making cameos, and Pit and Falcon romance was very lulzworthy.

My favorite character thus far is Falcon, who was better than I ever could have imagined. I would love to be able to show him my moves. farao

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

EPISODE III

Post  jderig on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:57 am

Hmmm, yes, episode 3 is out, and I have to say...IT HAD SERIOUS MOVES!!!

Seriously though, it was an excellent episode, at least on the same level as the past two, if not better. Quite a bit of new characters added, but also some new characterization for the old standbys. I especially enjoyed the portrayal of Luigi slipping more and more into the classic film noir detective, with his "shake the tree, see what falls" line and the addition of an old flame, femme fatale Samus.

Also, it appears that my prediction about Mario severely violating another character's personal space once per episode is right on track, as even pill-popping and shame-induced shave were not enough to stop Mario from getting all up in Luigi's grill about who the culprit was. Bonus points are also awarded because the first thing that Wario asks about upon seeing Luigi is whether his brother is around; you know that you've got a pretty good rep when a mob man who runs a fight club trembles in fear just because he saw your brother and thought that you might be near... Twisted Evil

jderig
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:59 am

Fans of Mario getting up in peoples' grills will have a serious treat in a couple episodes.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jderig on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:14 am

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Fans of Mario getting up in peoples' grills will have a serious treat in a couple episodes.

Very Happy Smile Cool Razz Twisted Evil farao

jderig
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:15 am

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Fans of Mario getting up in peoples' grills will have a serious treat in a couple episodes.
Bowser?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:41 am

Nah i'm gonna have Poochy be a character and get his ass whupped.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:49 am

I watched the episode again and one thing left me wondering...why has Bowser become a buddhist? Is there some joke or reference I don't get?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  I Roam on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:34 am

I will also say that Paul wasn't acting in that first scene...he was actually drunk and depressed...women, right? farao

(Why is there a Pharaoh emoticon? A thousand occupations in the history of the world they could have chosen and they chose a Pharaoh...)[/quote]

Thanks Matt confused You are a true brother.

I Roam
Mario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  I Roam on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 am

You are such a tease! cheers

I Roam
Mario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:55 am

If there is a season 2 of BRAWL, I want it to be called "Super Mario Gets All Up In Your Grill."

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  I Roam on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Gorblax wrote:

If there is a season 2 of BRAWL, I want it to be called "Super Mario Gets All Up In Your Grill."

Hell yes it should Twisted Evil

I Roam
Mario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAlmightyAwesome on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Dude, Mario getting in peoples' grills is an understatement! That sequence is BEYOND a serious treat...it's the kind of Treat Jesus would feed you if Jesus got in peoples' grills... I love Mercer and Grafton so much for coming up with that scene. You hear that Matt and Zach, I announced my love for you online, which is tantamount to announcing it from the highest mountain.

All that to say, Brawl fans, make sure you don't miss that episode. Super Epic. Beyond Epic. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. So awesome. I'm smiling just thinking about seeing it...
geek

TheAlmightyAwesome
Luigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAlmightyAwesome on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:51 pm

I Roam wrote:
Thanks Matt confused You are a true brother.

Hey, I say it like it is bro...All I've got in me is the truth...

Drunkie...

jocolor

TheAlmightyAwesome
Luigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top