Episode 3 is UP UP AND AWAY

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 3 is UP UP AND AWAY

Post  Leither on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:13 pm

"Shake(-a) the tree. See what falls." I mean, I know it's an old line, but I can't help thinking about Animal Crossing.
This was seriously hilarious. I can't remember the last time I looked something up online and actually Laughed Out Loud, but Captain Falcon's "Show me your moves" had the most perfect timing that I busted out so loud that my sister came hunting me.
ZSS as a stripper so totally fits the bill for the show's motif, I can't with good conscience say it is is bad taste or demeaning.
Very well done guys, and keep up the good work.

Leither
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Stripper is just her occupation, her larger role in the series appears to be as a femme fatale.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:51 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Mario getting up in peoples' grills
This should be a spin-off series.

Either that, or "Mornings with Lakitu" (ala The Late Show, or even Jerry Springer).

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallin on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Incredible, folks. The show is really getting a solid atmosphere and stride to it, and I have great anticipation for future episodes. Luigi is an incredible voice for the Kingdom, Mario continues to evoke sympathy for a fallen hero, Samus has stolen my heart (Uh, yeah, heart, right? Embarassed ), and every single character manages to create new squeals. I'd list a little blurb to each of you, but I am a notorious slacker, so my apologies.

All in all, nothing new to contribute as it's all been said, but I look forward to the coming episodes. Just consider this my signature on the List of People Who Really Like This And Look Forward To Its Continuance.

Kallin
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:49 pm

After reading this thread, I really don't see what the fuss was over making Samus a stripper. Luigi sells drugs and Peach is a total slut. Kirby is ba tshit insane. Under his boyish demeanor, Pokemon Trainer is really just a cock fighter.

I imagine this is predictable by now. What were you guys expecting?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:54 pm

I didn't think Pokemon Trainer would get as big a role as he has, actually. (Which is awesome!) But yeah, everything really does kinda make sense with the characters so far. I'm still interested in what they do with Fox, Falco, and Wolf.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Probably something minor, seeing how hard it would be to pull off their costumes.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:01 pm

SurgePox wrote:After reading this thread, I really don't see what the fuss was over making Samus a stripper. Luigi sells drugs and Peach is a total slut. Kirby is ba tshit insane. Under his boyish demeanor, Pokemon Trainer is really just a cock fighter.

I imagine this is predictable by now. What were you guys expecting?

Because if it weren't for ZSS in Brawlit would not fit at all. As it is though, it works perfectly.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:04 pm

I've been really surprised with the division regarding Samus, too. I respect everyone's opinions (differing opinions are often very helpful for me!), but I honestly puzzle at this one. If there's one character that fits the ironic, gritty model of our world while commenting on their role in the current Nintendo universe, it's Becky's Samus.

I can't wait to see the reactions to a couple characters in the next episode! Definitely not what people are expecting, I promise.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:14 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:I've been really surprised with the division regarding Samus, too. I respect everyone's opinions (differing opinions are often very helpful for me!), but I honestly puzzle at this one. If there's one character that fits the ironic, gritty model of our world while commenting on their role in the current Nintendo universe, it's Becky's Samus.

I can't wait to see the reactions to a couple characters in the next episode! Definitely not what people are expecting, I promise.
I'm twisting with excitement.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:16 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:I can't wait to see the reactions to a couple characters in the next episode! Definitely not what people are expecting, I promise.
I like it when things are not what I expect...

I'm getting antsy! bounce

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:18 pm

I can't wait for the next episode now. By the way, Captain Falcon could not have been casted better. In fact, everyone has been casted perfectly so far. It's beyond impressive and I can't wait to see the new characters.

You guys deserve a standing ovation and we're only 3 episodes in.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Yea I think is it going good so far, the characters have been portayed very well. I like it, can't wait for the next episode.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:45 pm

It seems so strange to me that we got episode three after such a short wait, when it was such a loooooooong time between the premier of episode one and the release of episode two.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:54 pm

I just don't want it to end to quickly.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Captain Falcon BETTER be showing up in future episodes. Even though he was pretty much the funniest part of the episode, his acting was also superb. It was very heartfelt, and I can't wait for more.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Rant

Post  jderig on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:16 am

I have to agree that the portrayal of Samus is dead on the money for the tone of this series. Every "good" character has to have dark flaws forr this to be a true noir series, and since Nintendo hasn't exactly told us the deep dark secrets of its characters, then the creators have to go with what might be logical flaws. Indeed, the only characters that we will probably see in their original forms are the bad guys, as they already have the flaw of being evil to keep them balanced.

I have heard some mutterings that the females in Brawl all have been given stereotypical female flaws/traits. Peach is a slut, Zelda is a power hungry bitch, and Samus is a stripper. Oh gee, that is so anti-feminism, this show is so bad Shocked !! Of course, if one would stop to consider the situation, you would find that everybody is a sterotype. Mario is the standard down on his luck deadbeat with anger issues. Luigi is a drug pusher that is sleeping with his brother's girlfriend. Link is a power hungry bastard. Red is just completly clueless and innocnet (by the way, if they will be killing off actual Brawl characters, then I'm putting money on Red dying in a heartfelt scene while he asks "Why?"). Pit is the classic effimenate gay. Falcon is the classic macho gay. Everybody is a dark parody of their Nintendo forms; there are no double standards.

jderig
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:24 am

Pit is every effeminate gay person I've ever met. which is interesting considering he only has five lines.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:30 am

Red die?! WRRRRRRYYYYYYYY?!?!

Honestly, he's probably my of the characters. Wait....... will there be more Squirtle? Very Happy

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:41 am

Eiron wrote:Captain Falcon BETTER be showing up in future episodes. Even though he was pretty much the funniest part of the episode, his acting was also superb. It was very heartfelt, and I can't wait for more.
Despite my initial slight aversion to the portrayl, I have to wholeheartedly agree with the above. Whoever played the Captain did an absolutely flawless job. No complaints on how fucking awesome he is at being Captain Falcon. In the one scene he had there was a great deal of depth to his character, both in backstory and just from portrayl. WANT MOAR PLEEZ!!1

SurgePox wrote:Pit is every effeminate gay person I've ever met. which is interesting considering he only has five lines.
lmao, oh god it's so true...

Spoiler:
I'm really pulling for their to be an epic showdown with all the character we love against all the character we love to hate at the end of this series... perhaps Cpt Falcon decides to go against his boss and teams up with Luigi to deliver some serious beat down. I can also see Samus working as a double/triple agent... she's a bounty hunter at her core so loyalty is only something that should benefit her.

I guess what I'm searching for here is for at least a few characters to regain their hero status at the end of this. Like Captain Falcon becoming a hero (like the ones he laments over) or even taking over Link's job as Military commander, and of course Mario/Luigi becoming Super again.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jderig on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:43 am

smashbro wrote:Red die?! WRRRRRRYYYYYYYY?!?!

Honestly, he's probably my of the characters. Wait....... will there be more Squirtle? Very Happy

Yes, Red dying would make me sad, as I feel he is one of the better characters that has been "created" for the series, but I'm just saying that it's always the innocent who lose the most. Either he'll die, or he'll become extremly jaded and lose all innocence, perhaps even kill a few folks in the name of saving the Kingdom (a "death" of his soul).

jderig
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:09 am

Well......we ALL know that at some point someone's gonna die. I bet that whoever we think is the most awesome character of the series, is gonna bite it by the end of the series as a cruel joke from the creators. We all know that matt and badass are hardcore and all, but uh....we'll see how it goes.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:56 am

jderig wrote:Indeed, the only characters that we will probably see in their original forms are the bad guys, as they already have the flaw of being evil to keep them balanced.

Wouldn't seeing the bad guys straight up normal be boring? I mean, Ganon's got a "new New York" accent and Bowser's a Buddhist. Don't worry, I'm gonna keep you all guessing the whole way through.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:26 am

SurgePox wrote:Pit is every effeminate gay person I've ever met. which is interesting considering he only has five lines.

Speaking of Pit...

I want to see that bitchslap of CF in tune to falcon punch. Seriously, make it happen.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:28 am

Fobby wrote:I want to see falcon punch. Seriously, make it happen.
Also this.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top