Metroid: Discussion.

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Metroid: Discussion.

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Only in this late hour do I see the folly of my ways.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 pm

SurgePox wrote:maybe finish that miniboss battle Very Happy
Hahaha, I think it's kinda late for this right now, but I'll try tomorrow morning.
Eiron wrote:I'm rather against the idea of creating a Metroid thread just because someone wants to argue about how bad the recent games are. However, if you guys are hell bent over this, let a mod make a new thread.
Still not his fault. ù_ú"
You know whose fault this is...

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:42 pm

It's Matts fault, isn't it?
I fucking knew it.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 pm

I know right? Stealing Lakitu's cloud has unearthed an evil streak in him.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Curses! Foiled yet again by just now finding a topic I would have loved to join when it was in it's prime.
(Heh. I said "Prime" in a Metroid thread.)

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:44 pm

The state this thread was in a short while ago should in no way be considered "Prime."

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:45 pm

SurgePox wrote:It's Matts fault, isn't it?
I fucking knew it.
Poor Matt XD
I laughed hard at this one. Surge, you just saved my night. XP
SurgePox wrote:The state this thread was in a short while ago should in no way be considered "Prime."
This.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:48 pm

SurgePox wrote:The state this thread was in a short while ago should in no way be considered "Prime."
Point taken.
But I do love debates.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:51 pm

crap, I thought you said Zach, not Matt. Forget the cloud comment.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Why would something pointless piss you off? I think this thread is fun (and funny)!

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 pm

For being pointless. Now, can this bullshit end so that we can actually talk about Metroid in a healthy and truly funny way, like this forum used to be, or are we going to see some more stupid useless rant about how Metroid Prime sucks? Come on, seriously, this is all so immature and ridiculous.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Last time I said something to poochy he really got very angry, so I've stayed out of this one.

EDIT: dang, ninja'd

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Lets put this forum back where it needs to be:
Metroid is awesome. Who agrees?

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 pm

I think everyone except me here. I never played it so i guess i abstain.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 pm

You totally should look for it, Surge. If there is Super Metroid on the Virtual Console and you can afford it, you should try it, it's awesome (or you can download a rom if you're not against it). Also, if you know someone who has any of the Prime games, I suggest at least take a look.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Blue Madness wrote:Come on, seriously, this is all so immature and ridiculous.

Dude, it's immature and ridiculous to get worked up over a thread on the internet about a video game. If this is thread is a problem for you, don't click on it?

Backing up Super Metroid. That was as good as the series will ever be. If you're gonna play one, that's your guy.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:57 pm

zach also rises wrote:
Blue Madness wrote:Come on, seriously, this is all so immature and ridiculous.

Dude, it's immature and ridiculous to get worked up over a thread on the internet about a video game. If this is thread is a problem for you, don't click on it?

Backing up Super Metroid. That was as good as the series will ever be. If you're gonna play one, that's your guy.
*CoughCorruptionCough* Aiming on Wii is more precise than dual analog controls anyway.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 pm

zach also rises wrote:Backing up Super Metroid. That was as good as the series will ever be. If you're gonna play one, that's your guy.
I am agreeing in full. The other games weren't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but they just never 'clicked' the way Super Metroid did.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Maybe its becasue I missed out on the nostalgia boat, but I really do think that Prime outdid Super Metroid.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Eiron wrote:Maybe its becasue I missed out on the nostalgia boat, but I really do think that Prime outdid Super Metroid.
Metroid Prime was the second-best for me of the Metroids, but Super Metroid was one of the three games I have had since I can remember, so nothing can outdo it.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:14 am

Eiron wrote:Maybe its becasue I missed out on the nostalgia boat, but I really do think that Prime outdid Super Metroid.
Permission to come aboard, Captain?

I think the same thing. I have Super Metroid for the VC. But eh, it's good, but I don't see the great or superior factor in it. It's not one I'll likely replay.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:53 am

Okay, I'm not getting into the Prime sucks har har har debate again. Not because I agree with anything he said, but because that argument is something I've had to stand for way too long on another forum.
Just one word about it: I grew up with Metroid, Mario, Sonic and Zelda. My age means nothing.

zach also rises wrote:
Then you haven't played ANY console first person games you crazy mofo, because the one stick debacle made it the clunkiest I'd ever played.

Important note: I'm not even an FPS fan, so I guarantee this is no form of headshotkillah snobbery. But if I have to hold down a trigger button to aim my gun, something is dumb.

Yes I have, but most console first person do it wrong. When I move the right analog stick a little bit, I don't want my character to turn completely around.

Although the Prime 1 & 2 controls were pretty much killed when MP3 came out. I'm thinking of selling my old MP1 and MP2 and buying the "New Play Control" versions when they come out.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:37 am

At least wait form them to actually come out, no?

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poochy on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 am

Holy shit, people. Too many people to respond too, too many of which need to take Zach's advice and friggin chillax.

About Super Metroid

Super Metroid was made by Gunpei Yokoi. Metroid Prime wasn't. Super Metroid has more secrets, and a better story (what little story there is to Metroid Prime is revealed through computer terminals and chozo tablets that you do not need to even read). They put some energy tanks/missile tanks in hard to reach places, but I can think of few legitimately hidden items in Metroid Prime. If you do not think this is a big deal, then fuck you. If you think Metroid Prime is somehow a better game than Super Metroid, then fuck you. That's all I have to say about the ridiculous notion that Metroid Prime---a GREAT GAME, BTW---is in any way "better" than Super Metroid.

About holding a trigger button to aim and shoot

Yes! That is annoying. But even more annoying is that you have to hold the damn button down ANY TIME YOU WANT TO READ SOMETHING. The moment you let go, the message disappears. RETARDED.

About Retro Studios

Someone at Retro Studios worked at Square Enix? Where, the QA department of the American branch? You may be right about the original studio head being a dick, but that doesn't change the fact that outside of Metroid they have yet to prove themselves in any way. I dare them to make a title that isn't for all intents and purposes supposed to be some sort of Halo killer.

About Samus crying

Saria. I could almost swear that Saria cried in Ocarina of Time. I'm pretty sure Link and a few other characters might have had tears in their eyes at some point in Twilight Princess. But so what if Samus didn't cry? All I really meant to say was that she showed very little emotion, which is typical of big buck American game studios in their games---here in America and in Europe we have the best texture artists in the world, and we're great at creating vast worlds for the player to explore. But look at the shittily animated characters in the Fable and the Fallout series and compare them to the characters of Twilight Princess or any of the Konami-made Silent Hill games and in those games you'll find expressive, believable characters. So much for there being a counterpart to every good game in every good genre that Japan is into (what about platformers? Where's the all-American Mario killer? Crash Bandicoot and Earthworm Jim was the best we ever came up with, and those franchises are as dead as a doornail). At least in the 8-bit games Samus smiled and waved to the player at the end, showed signs of a soul. She didn't stare blankly into the distance. I never bothered beating Prime 2, so I can't comment on that games ending but I have heard that they gave her more of an anime-styled appearance, so I'm thankful for that.

About the manga

Here is the Metroid manga: http://www.mechadrake.com/metroidmanga.html

It was released in conjunction with Metroid Zero Mission and is by the same artist who drew the in-game cut scene illustration for that game as well as Fusion. It was put online by Nintendo on Nintendo's Japanese web site, and is in every way any official account of the character's backstory as even some of the bonus unlockable pictures in Zero Mission seem to be taken straight from the manga. Whenever Nintendo is directly involved with a manga in any way, you can bet that at least some of it will end up being canon. Old Bird, for instance, was a character in the old Super Metroid NP adaption and returns as a father figure to Samus in this manga. I can not stress how much of a must-read this manga is for all true Metroid fans. NOA came close to giving it an official release in America but ran into legal problems with the distributor of the printed version of the manga in Japan or something.

Everything else

I'm sorry for mentioning your age, blah, blah, blah (wait, I already preemptively apologized if you had in fact grew up playing the oldschool games. How about you, you know, read next time).

I'm sorry I dissed Retro Studios for trying to turn the Metroid series into a soulless shell of it's former self, guys. Metroid Prime was a great game; I just happen to think it would have been better as something other than Metroid.

Poochy
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:05 am

...why do you have to always sound like you're really angry? I first saw that apology as a sincere one, but then you aimed at me again.
You might want to chill out there.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top