Metroid: Discussion.

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

Metroid: Discussion. - Page 15 Empty Re: Metroid: Discussion.

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:15 pm

What do they think about that on the Database? Is everything on fire? (I'm joking, but I can bet some of them don't like.)
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:16 pm

I didn't post it if I did, all hell would break loose Razz

Aaron Jackson wrote: *back from watching the trailer* Ok....uhm..I've not played any Metroid games but I at least know her personality and...I'm kindapissedthey're trying to make Samus come off as some DEEP and BROODING teenage whiney girl when all this time she's been silent, and strong and pretty much what a female protagonist DONE RIGHT should be

LOL nuf' said anyone?

1. You haven't played the games.
2. Why do you care?
3. Samus' parents were killed on K-2L by the space pirates. She was then raised by the Chozo and genetically enhanced. The Chozo race becomes extinct. Later on planet Zebes explodes in Super Metroid. Yea, a bunch of rainbows there! I suppose you forget she is human, and this isn't Halo. In Halo people barely give a shit about Master Chief, hes just the guy in Green Armor that is a "badass". Then again I never read the books but I am willing to bet they go into a lot more detail.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Outlaw wrote:

Aaron Jackson wrote: I've not played any Metroid games but I at least know her personality

Instant facepalm, no discussion needed.
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:28 pm

I just sent you a PM and there you are... Ok!

Aaron Jackson wrote: It's still a step backwards for the heroine's portrayal, but that's just what I think. Why go all this time portraying the heroine one way when suddenly you want to make her "deep"? The fans already appreciate her as is; why fix what isn't broken?

Imagine if Mario started quoting to us his perception on having to rescue the same fucking girl all these years

Anyone want to take care of this one for me? I grow tired of combating. Cool

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Well, first of, using profanity is already loosing point in my case.

Second, I mean, we all thought Samus was a man before we finished the first Metroid, but continue to whine like this and soon Nintendo will make her grow testicles and a dick, for god's sake!
She isn't either a machine or a cold blooded man, she's a human woman!
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Ook thank you, BY2K!

Rofl, I love this thread.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 pm

There's a difference between the moods of Mario and Metroid. I don't get ehy he make sthe comparison between the too. Here's the thing, Metroid stresses a sci-fi setting and a mood of isolation on an alien land (as least that'
s what we've seen in past games). Mario is a platformer based on a high trip where plants, spiked-shelled turtles, and weird creatures are trying to kill him, so he eats more mushrooms to win and save the princess. Point being is, the Metroid setting warrants a moodier atmosphere. Why not have Samus tell us what happened or how she feels? Can always rely on pre-game text or for the gamer to infer everything.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal
Metroid: Discussion. - Page 15 Squirtleanimated
Smashy B
Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Wait, are you going to write this on another forum or something, Outlaw?
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:39 pm

He has a point there. These are new times. As long as it isnt a ball of suck, I dont care if she talks the entire time.

Oh what I would give to have Link tell me what HE thinks about this whole Hero of time shit.
SnakeInABox
SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Nah, Infinity's End doesn't like of raging people. Other IE is in on it. Like the Sean Malstrom thing but other than that he would say cut the bullshit. So I don't post a lot of this stuff on the MDb.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm

But what enrages me most is the fact that only because she shows some glimpse on emotions (something we haven't seen ANY up until Fusion) he calls her "Emo".

*random Quebec-style profanity*
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Someone from the MDb emailed Sean Malstrom about Sakamoto, told him to rename his blog to "Sakamoto Sucks" and he told Sean to shut the fuck up.

I was happy, but then again Sean says we worship Sakamoto. Wrong, and he has been saying this since the whole thing began. *sigh*.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:51 pm

I have read the halo novels and Master chief IS as shallow as he is in the games and in never a very large character in the novels.

the novels are actually 7, 7.5 out of ten.

Outlaw is right it is very easy to forget Samus is human, she's not an ice queen she's probability been though more than any other Nintendo character and is emotionally scared and thus has emotionally lost a portion of her humanity. She'd be a fascinating case study.

DRTJR's prediction for the plot of Metriod the other M
The troopers in the trailer get killed off before it's over
DRTJR
DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 pm

DRTJR wrote:
DRTJR's prediction for the plot of Metriod the other M
The troopers in the trailer get killed off before it's over

Well Adam is killed, that's a given.
Anthony too, probably.
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks for clarifying the books for me DRTJR.

Lets discuss, the unwillingness to change shall we?

For years Metroid was 2-D. Metroid 1, Metroid 2, and Super Metroid were all 2-D. Then the Metroid drought... 8 years without Metroid. Metroid Prime was announced, I wasn't around online back then but I hear a lot of people thought it was a bad idea and everything. There. A change from 2-D to 3-D got everyone uneasy. But afterwards they liked it. So from there we balanced with 2-D and 3-D for a while. Now we have new elements of Voice Acting and Cut Scenes. It would see a whole conversion from 2-D to 3-D would be more serious than adding more story right? Well everyone got used to Metroid Prime, and now we are going through those days where everyone has their doubts and they are putting down everything just like back when Metroid Prime was going to release. Whats similar from then and now? Change. Something is changing to cause people to argue and rage and complain. You can't compare Metroid to Mario now, Mario is just mostly about saving the princess. There is no timeline or story really to Mario. Time will pass, and people will learn to like it, if it is good that is.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 pm

I would laugh if Other M would actually have the same kind of praise the first Prime got.

It was glorious. Like Screwattack.com said "It rocked our faces RIGHT OFF".
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Well lets not jinx ourselves. This new look will hopefully help sell Metroid in Japan. Metroid never did good in Japan.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 am

Sean Malstrom is a big douchebag.

My friend wrote a funny article to completely deconstruct everything he has ever said. I think it needs to be seen.

Last edited by Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Spontaneous Combustion
Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:04 am

It's on ScrewAttack. Consider it seen.

And commented.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 pm

I am glad he did that, good to see some people have a brain.

I am registering right now...

Commenting...

Done....

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Welcome to ScrewAttack.com. Very Happy

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Well, there was definitely some screwing going on. I'm going to PM him and thank him for such a great article.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Fact Sheet:

Format: Wii
Launch Date: 06/27/10
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Players: 1
Developer: Nintendo and Team Ninja

Game Information

Metroid Franchise's Heroine Gets Personal
For decades, Samus Aran has been known as one of the first female protagonists in video games, and one of the most enigmatic. Having traded her haunted past for the solitary life of a bounty hunter, Samus™️ finally tells her own tale in this revealing, personal story of her failings, her flaws and ultimately her motivation. Metroid: Other M is an unprecedented collaboration that blends the slick, action-packed production of the world-renowned Team Ninja development team with the game design talents of the creators of the original Metroid. Metroid: Other M is a dramatic new direction for a legendary franchise and a bold new blend between cinematics, storytelling and the best in interactive entertainment.

FEATURES:

* Metroid: Other M takes the best elements of 1st-person and 3rd-person gaming to create a seamless blend between gameplay, story-telling and dynamic cinematography, that feels like a movie the player can control. Players hold the Wii Remote™️ controller sideways while navigating and battling in 3rd-person. However, at any moment, players can switch immediately to Wii Remote pointer controls to examine and explore the environments in 1st-person perspective.
* Metroid fans know more about Samus' suits and weapons than they do about what drives her. That's about to change. The story begins immediately following the events of Super Metroid, when a baby Metroid gave its life to protect Samus. With voice acting and a rich story, players learn the engaging backstory of Samus as she weaves through an action-packed adventure aboard the Bottle Ship, a decommissioned space facility. As she hurtles into this new adventure, Samus will encounter her first mentor and Commanding Officer of the Galactic Federation, Adam Malkovich.
* The development of Metroid: Other M is an exciting collaboration between Nintendo's Yoshio Sakamoto and Team Ninja. Sakamoto was the director of Super Metroid in 1994. Team Ninja is the renowned action developer of Ninja Gaiden. Metroid: Other M pairs Sakamoto's expert level design and exploratory focus of the classic Metroid series with Team Ninja's signature stylish, no-holds-barred action.
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Personally I want to see Anthony Higgs take out that giant gun from his back and kick ass.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Ok I don't know if you guys give a shit about G4, I only watch it every now and then but in an episode of "Feedback" released today. For those of you who don't know what "Feedback" is, it is basically kinda like a podcast sort of. It has Adam Sessler and a couple of other people.

The link to it is: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702961/Feedback----Fall-of-Duty-And-The-Day-The-PlayStation-Stood-Still.html

Other M is only talked about at the last 10 minutes.

Basically most of them are on the fence of the game except for... Andrew Pfister. When the subject came up he said, "25 years, killed in 30 seconds." Referring to the new trailer released yesterday. They kind of said it was melodrama, they also went on the subject of voice acting and such.

Here is a line from Andrew Pfister on that page. Andrew Pfister - I hate it. But I have yet to determine if the hatred is rational or irrational.
The woman on the show said she was at the Summit Conference, she played the demo.
Adam basically says the feeling of being "alone" is gone. I agree, it is probably gone.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next