Advance Wars: For Awesome Dudes Only

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Advance Wars: For Awesome Dudes Only

Post  Relmitos on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 pm

I've played both, and I like both. To answer Zach's question earlier in the topic that got drowned in the AW vs FE debate, I like Andy, Jess, and Sasha. Andy cause he fits everywhere, does everything nicely, and hey! +5 HP to all units, + stat bonuses, + movement speed. Jess is fun cause she just annihilates anything in the way that's on the ground, and yea, penalties for using air and sea units, but usually you don't NEED to use those units, it just helps. As for Sasha, well.....she's fun cause her CO power is "lowers the enemies CO power gauge", hehe.

To add a bit more to the fire, which might not even get a response, my favorite strategy game is probably Shining Force 3. It wins. It has the character depth as seen in FE, and if someone dies, they don't stay dead. You visit a church, pay gold, and hey, said character isn't dead! The weapon triangle is still there, along with the usual "don't send your flyers into a field full of archers" thing. Everyone loves that. In retrospect, Shining Force is a LOT like FE

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Relmitos wrote:To add a bit more to the fire, which might not even get a response, my favorite strategy game is probably Shining Force 3. It wins. It has the character depth as seen in FE, and if someone dies, they don't stay dead. You visit a church, pay gold, and hey, said character isn't dead! The weapon triangle is still there, along with the usual "don't send your flyers into a field full of archers" thing. Everyone loves that. In retrospect, Shining Force is a LOT like FE
Well, I may just have to look into this game.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:55 pm

That might be kinda hard to do.....the game, unfortunately, only got released on the Sega Saturn, and 2 of the 3 parts were only released in Japan. It's got an amazing thing going though, in part 1 you play as the Synbios Batallion, and go through the game as a force of the republic, occasionally running into Prince Medion's group, of the empire. In part 2, you play through the same game, but as Prince Medion's group instead, doing his battles and occasionally running into Sybnios's group, so that you see both sides of the story. Part 3, well....that's the climactic finish. If you can't get the games, which is more the understandable, you can go to a few websites to see the storyline, if you so desire.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:02 pm

oh god, Shining Force 3 was made of so much win.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:30 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top