Publically Available Health Hazards

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Publically Available Health Hazards

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:58 am

Since this is the random thread for whatever.. I decided to post something on it as a spur of the moment.

Today when I was down the street getting some money from the trusty bank. *cough* I bought a can of 710ml "Rockstar" Energy drink, upon consuming the whole thing I read the label (which has writing all over the damn thing both promoting how good it is and also cautioning those that drink it).

Ironically... despite it being a 710ml can, there is a distinct warning encircled with gold stating:
"Caution: Do not consume more than 500ml a day"

Well... I guess I should've just measured up approximately how much 500ml was inside and drink only that amount just to be safe. Course I would've robbed myself of 'x' amount of dollars by saving the rest till tomorrow by which time it'd have gone flat and tasted horrible. o_o

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Publically Available Health Hazards

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 am

During the first semester of school this year, my friend and I would steal about 1-2 Rockstars a day at a Save Mart and/or Longs. It fucked with my sleepin pattern (ironic since I'm posting at midnight). But I'd come home and crash at 5 and wake up at 8 and miss inner sometimes. It was bad, but they taste so good, until after awhile they just became meh, so I started getting Venom. I seriously probably took about $250 in energy drinks then. Wasn't so bad since I got accustomed to the sugar free ones. But yeah, got into a bad habit with them, and now I drink probably 1-2 a month. Caffeine is good, but overdosing bad.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:17 am

Ciggirettes (or however you spell em)

I'm not sure if America has a similar system but over ere packets have such wonderful pictures and messages of what smoking does to people like:

"Smoking kills", "Smoking can damage your baby", "Smoking causes lung cancer", "Smoking causes blindness", "Smoking causes gangreen" so on so forth.

I don't smoke myself (Tried it once, never looked back. Blah!) but I'd have thought that a message like "Smoking kills" would have been a big enough incentive to quit... if not that then the money you'd save by not buying more of them. Neutral

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:41 am

Smoking Pays your taxes. I like smokers.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Central Scrutinizer on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:30 am

I just had an epihany.

In the future they will probably slap health warnings on stuff like chocolate and soda too because they contain SUGAR and it can be UNHEALTHY for you. A politician over here actually had this as one of his primary objectives too.

I just can't wait for scenarios like this to happen then:

Man #1: I heard Robert was arrested last night, what happened?

Man #2: It was something about him making sugar in his basement.

Man #1: SWEET JESUS!! affraid

So remember this kids: In the future, you can only get chocolate on the black market.

Central Scrutinizer
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:08 pm

I tend to avoid caffene, I hate the way it makes me feel and the side effects are less than pleasant. During a certain convention last year I drank an entire energy drink (a first for me) and at first I felt fantastic, but I crashed a mere 4 hours later and went home early.

shit sucked.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Guess what I had today. No really, guess.

Hint: Had a few extra minutes this morning and I went back to my roots.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:22 pm

pot.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:34 pm

SurgePox wrote:pot.
no... oh, yeah it's 4-20... eh, fuck it.

Rockstar.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Central Scrutinizer on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Tobacco is my favorite vegtable.

Central Scrutinizer
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:44 pm

smashbro wrote:
SurgePox wrote:pot.
no... oh, yeah it's 4-20... eh, fuck it.

Rockstar.
oh, Embarassed
that was to be my second guess.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:46 pm

I figure this is a fitting place to post this.

I have to write an activism speech for my Language Arts class. Given like a month to work on it but I'va hardly done shit. Rough draft due tomorrow.

My topic... Anti-Caffeine.
My stance: Anti-Anti-Caffeine, so I'm technically Pro-Caffeine.

This'll be great.

Edit: Oh, forgot to include this in my previous post. I looked at the Rockstar can I got earlier. I didn't see any warning label about the amount of consumption. The only warning was "not recommended for children, women who are pregnant or those sensitive to caffeine."

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Hmmm... there seems to be something Rockstar doesn't want people to know, perhaps it's an elaborate test on different parts of the world to see if people adhere to the warnings... reason that they don't have the same labels on cans in AUS and USA is that there is already so much damn writing on them that there's no room for both. Surprised

-will now continue to forever hear beeping while talking over the phone- Suspect

smashbro wrote: I didn't see any warning label about the amount of consumption. The only warning was "not recommended for children, women who are pregnant or those sensitive to caffeine."

The caution label I spoke of earlier was in a gold box on the side (heh.. side.. cylinder object... haha.. ha). Or for some odd reason maybe it's only on the 710ml cans. scratch

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Sgt.Budsky wrote:
smashbro wrote: I didn't see any warning label about the amount of consumption. The only warning was "not recommended for children, women who are pregnant or those sensitive to caffeine."

The caution label I spoke of earlier was in a gold box on the side (heh.. side.. cylinder object... haha.. ha). Or for some odd reason maybe it's only on the 710ml cans. scratch
Remember, I'm in America, we're stupid in that we don't follow the metric system. Is the 710ml on the 24 ounce /slash/ triple serving /slash/ the one with the twist-off top?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm gonna go on a limb and say yes, the can I purchased did have a twist-off top but we don't use ounces over ere. bounce

smashbro wrote:
Sgt.Budsky wrote:

Remember, I'm in America, we're stupid in that we don't follow the metric system. Is the 710ml on the 24 ounce /slash/ triple serving /slash/ the one with the twist-off top?

EDIT: On a semi seperate note, depending on which store you go to you (us aussies) can readily purchase Machette's. Good for trekking through bushland and making sequels to Wolf Creek. Twisted Evil

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:23 pm

smashbro wrote:I figure this is a fitting place to post this.

I have to write an activism speech for my Language Arts class. Given like a month to work on it but I'va hardly done shit. Rough draft due tomorrow.

This'll be great.

Edit: Oh, forgot to include this in my previous post. I looked at the Rockstar can I got earlier. I didn't see any warning label about the amount of consumption. The only warning was "not recommended for children, women who are pregnant or those sensitive to caffeine."
I love activism speeches. One little thing that I think would be boss if if you actually had a drink with you during the speech. (depends I guess on whether or not you are allowed to have drinks in class.)

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:42 pm

SurgePox wrote:
smashbro wrote:I figure this is a fitting place to post this.

This'll be great.

I love activism speeches. One little thing that I think would be boss if if you actually had a drink with you during the speech. (depends I guess on whether or not you are allowed to have drinks in class.)
We are. And coincidentally, this class is first in the morning and the teacher holds the door open and greets us, so every morning last semester I'd walk into class with a smile on my face and a Rockstar in my hand. But it's just a rough draft that's due tomorrow, so I'm half-assing it right now (which is better than most in the class. I really should have taken Honors English). But I will consider bringing in one on my speech day for lols.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Another publically available health hazard is:

MOUTH WASH

According to scientists, there's a link between mouth wash and cancer. That is to say that mouth wash supposedly aggrevates or causes cancer. How steep a price will YOU pay for dental hygiene? affraid

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Sgt.Budsky wrote:Another publically available health hazard is:

MOUTH WASH

According to scientists, there's a link between mouth wash and cancer. That is to say that mouth wash supposedly aggrevates or causes cancer. How steep a price will YOU pay for dental hygiene? affraid
I thought mouth wash was suppose to kill the bacteria that can cause diseases of the mouth.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:36 am

smashbro wrote:
Sgt.Budsky wrote:Another publically available health hazard is:

MOUTH WASH

I thought mouth wash was suppose to kill the bacteria that can cause diseases of the mouth.

Which is what makes it so strange, but... scientists say it causes cancer. Suspect

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:52 am

bacteria? cancer. bacteria? cancer

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Alcohol causes a lot of problems, namely throat/mouth cancer.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Ok, so I go to USF, yah? Petty cool, except I'm 6'4" and the entire school is designed for people half my height. The chandelier things in the food court come down to my freaking ear, I have to scrunch myself up to sit at any of the seats, all the desks are too small, I have to lay diagnally in my bed to fit, and even then I have to keep my legs bent, and the dividers between bathroom stalls aren't tall enough to block my view. This place hates tall people man.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:57 pm

you mean REALLY tall people? I consider myself a tall guy, 5'11" here, but then I go outside and see people taller then me and go "I must be average" hehe, but yea I could definitely see that sucking

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun May 31, 2009 1:44 am

One thing of note that I saw while in the US is when I went to restaurents (eg: Ihop, Ginghams, Wafflehouse etc) was in the corner of the menu in a small red box was writing which read something similar to:

"Warning: Some foods though due care is taken may cause serious illness or death"

Obviously there was more to the label but I don't recall seeing anything like that on aussie menu's so I was pretty damn weary of what I ate after that point. Suspect

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top