Publically Available Health Hazards

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Publically Available Health Hazards

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:51 pm

I drink coke like a fish and I'm and 5' 11" and weigh145 lbs. I stopped drinking energy drinks (cause I don't wanna get caught shoplifting), which are even worse (except sugar free).

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:30 pm

smashbro wrote:I drink coke like a fish and I'm and 5' 11" and weigh145 lbs. I stopped drinking energy drinks (cause I don't wanna get caught shoplifting), which are even worse (except sugar free).

I eat like a slob, and never gain a single pound. Its like the greatest thing in the world.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:56 pm

TheHunted wrote:
smashbro wrote:I drink coke like a fish and I'm and 5' 11" and weigh145 lbs. I stopped drinking energy drinks (cause I don't wanna get caught shoplifting), which are even worse (except sugar free).

I eat like a slob, and never gain a single pound. Its like the greatest thing in the world.

The wonders of a high metabolism, not without it's downsides. Sad

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:57 pm

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
TheHunted wrote:

Like what?

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:08 pm

TheHunted wrote:
TheHunted wrote:

Like what?

That it's much harder for those with high metabolism to put on weight/muscle and also in the event of a nuclear holocaust we (those with high metabolisms) will be the first to succumb to radiation poisoning... and we are always hungry.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  osirus1320 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:45 am

I gotta say, enery drinks are my weak point, yesterday I had 3 of them and we started playing guitar hero and I couldn't concentrate... ADD + 3 energy drinks = NOT GOOD!

And in a nuclear holocaust, I'm gonna probably die fast because I am always hungry, and fat... so I can't run for shit Sad

osirus1320
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:02 am

I don't have a high metabolism, actually. I'm just active enough to where it doesn't catch uo with me.... yet.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:53 pm

TheHunted wrote:
TheHunted wrote:

Like what?

That it's much harder for those with high metabolism to put on weight/muscle and also in the event of a nuclear holocaust we (those with high metabolisms) will be the first to succumb to radiation poisoning... and we are always hungry.

I can live with those downsides, I'm happy with not being fat, but not being muscly either. There was a time when I was eating twice as much as me friend and doing half as much exercise as him, yet he was slightly overweight and I was slightly underweight, it's definitely worth it.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:34 pm

I fall into the high metabolism group, and I actually wish I could put on some weight, even if it meant I had to watch what I ate and be a bit more active.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CHIcchai on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:57 am

I have a almost no metabolism, in reverse and have to eat frequently to get energy. And by a result, I gotsa little bit of chub.

Oh well.

CHIcchai
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:59 am

Ok, this whole metabolism thing. When I was a kid, I must've had a high one because I'd eat A LOT and never gain a pound. Eventually it caught up with me and I was pretty fat. As mentioned I did the crash diet idea and dropped 100. The downside to losing said weight, my motabolism is now screwed. I'm stuck between 170-200 and because I now go on stretches where I eat a lot but then go on stretches where I eat nothing I am constantly sick and in pain. It's not even by choice anymore, if I'm not hungry I literally CAN'T eat. Not even forcing myself. I blame it on public image. As in we're a society so based on looks where people will do just about anything to be thin and "healthy". I was honestly feeling much better at 280 then I have in the last 3 years. I did it because I was tired of being rejected because I was a bit overweight (Not that it's only girls that date based on looks and shit). Now, I wish I'd have still lost the weight, but over more time as it sucks being in constant stabbing pains.

Sorry for the long winded rantish type thing. It's 4am, I'm not tired and wanted to contribute lol

Guns are a publically available health hazard in some places as well......

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NekoSenpai on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:18 am

I don't have the problem of metabolism but I'm good to giving advice to people who need them. You seem to be sad about that. I'm a girl, I'm thin but never I will criticize someone because he's overweight or ugly or anything else. And I know that a lot of people are basing on other people's image ...

You know ... a lot of people are telling me "I'm ugly, I feel bad ... I'm fat, people hates me .. I don't have friends because of my image" When I watch those people, the first thing I think is "No, you are beautiful, ok you have a bit too much weight but don't worry, I'll help you, I'll give you advices, I'm your friend and I don't care of your image, I like your inside beauty." I just can't believe people who are judging someone who is different ... they can't imagine that this person can be the kindest person they could met ... every people has his qualities and his defaults and we must accept them like they are. So if you want to talk I'll answer you as soon as I can Smile

The thing is that I'm also rejected but for my way of thinking which is very different to the 90% of the population ... my psy said that I'm a gifted child, I'm very logical, sensitive about the way people are thinking of love for example... or another subject about life. The things that a normal (who the hell is normal anyway ... ?) person must think ... I can't confirm this but I have a big I.Q ... don't know how many but my psy is almost sure that I have an incredible number ... I just need to do the test to confirm this ... but gifted children are usually rejected and can develop a Personnality Disorder (it's not a disease) well he said that I have one and it's normal that I became like that. I'm not suffering of my loneliness at all, I prefer solitary activities, I enjoy playing complicated video games like Chess, or ... Fire Emblem xD (*joke*) in fact, games where you have to use your brain xD, I don't care about having a boyfriend, I'm shocked about sexuality (only if it's real not in a movie^^) and several things that makes me so different ... so I can understand easily people who have this kind of problem. So I repeat, don't hesitate n_n.

(and sorry if I made english mistakes ^^')

NekoSenpai
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://nekohonde.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  osirus1320 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:15 am

NekoSempai wrote:I don't have the problem of metabolism but I'm good to giving advice to people who need them. You seem to be sad about that. I'm a girl, I'm thin but never I will criticize someone because he's overweight or ugly or anything else. And I know that a lot of people are basing on other people's image ...

You know ... a lot of people are telling me "I'm ugly, I feel bad ... I'm fat, people hates me .. I don't have friends because of my image" When I watch those people, the first thing I think is "No, you are beautiful, ok you have a bit too much weight but don't worry, I'll help you, I'll give you advices, I'm your friend and I don't care of your image, I like your inside beauty." I just can't believe people who are judging someone who is different ... they can't imagine that this person can be the kindest person they could met ... every people has his qualities and his defaults and we must accept them like they are. So if you want to talk I'll answer you as soon as I can Smile

The thing is that I'm also rejected but for my way of thinking which is very different to the 90% of the population ... my psy said that I'm a gifted child, I'm very logical, sensitive about the way people are thinking of love for example... or another subject about life. The things that a normal (who the hell is normal anyway ... ?) person must think ... I can't confirm this but I have a big I.Q ... don't know how many but my psy is almost sure that I have an incredible number ... I just need to do the test to confirm this ... but gifted children are usually rejected and can develop a Personnality Disorder (it's not a disease) well he said that I have one and it's normal that I became like that. I'm not suffering of my loneliness at all, I prefer solitary activities, I enjoy playing complicated video games like Chess, or ... Fire Emblem xD (*joke*) in fact, games where you have to use your brain xD, I don't care about having a boyfriend, I'm shocked about sexuality (only if it's real not in a movie^^) and several things that makes me so different ... so I can understand easily people who have this kind of problem. So I repeat, don't hesitate n_n.

why cant there be girls like you anywhere near me? Smile

osirus1320
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:32 pm

NekoSempai wrote:I don't have the problem of metabolism but I'm good to giving advice to people who need them. You seem to be sad about that. I'm a girl, I'm thin but never I will criticize someone because he's overweight or ugly or anything else. And I know that a lot of people are basing on other people's image ...

Thanks Smile

No mistakes I noticed

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:35 pm

No matter the language, your message came through Neko Very Happy There was a bit Lewis Black did on stand up where he talked about how society labeled things that were once good, bad for us. It was pretty hilarious. 'Asidophalus (sp) milk? Milk doesn't need a friend!!! Lactose Intolerant Milk?!? Kiss my d^&*!?!!!'

WARNING! If Boners last for more than 4 hours, call more ladies.

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:39 am

Speaking of social image, those school yard antics where people attempt to establish themselves as the elite of the playground (for lack of better words) and glorify themselves for being the most popular so on so fourth.

That "fame" is only lived until school finishes, once your out of the school departments hair it's up to you to make your mark on the world, school yard history doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the world (though I'm sure that highest marks or terrible truancy, vandilsm would factor somewhat).

So for anyone that's currently studying and on the odd (or frequent) occassion finds themselves being bullied, just take satisfaction in knowing that their lil kingdom will crumble come graduation. Very Happy

In keeping with the thread topic, another publically available health hazard is McDonalds double pounder. All you have to do is ask for it though as it's too potent in fatty-ness that they can't advertise it, but that thing will kill a bear... or probably make it sick. >>

(spent a good portion of his school life being a social chameleon and staying in the middle)

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New to this topic.

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:50 am

Now... I haven't been able to read all the post in this topic, so when I do I will edit this post. tongue

Things that are bad for your health in my opinion, are indulging into something to much.There are varies things out there that are available to the public without being a drug. Whether it was good for you in the beginning is now harmful to you in the end, because you find yourself doing it too often and see your life changing in front of you as time goes by. Now this may not physically be unhealthy, but mentally. But in time your mental health wears and tears down your physical.

Examples of what I am speaking of:
Role Playing too much
Being Online too much
Gaming too much
Exercising too much
Drinking too much, etc.

Let's start with RPG.. something I enjoy and have been doing for ten years now. =) Smile It's great to role play a different race and character opposite of your own physical and mental traits. It's mentally healthy for you and can be scientifically proven. But... only if you don't completely absorb the character that you are role playing. XD Laughing Some role players have the tendency to do just that by slipping too deeply into their character. XD Though, when I think about it... it would be funny to see someone seriously think they are actually a talking paper clip. >.< But anyways, the same thing can be said about people on Myspace. People can get sucked into themselves too much where they tend to be rude to others and think they are the sh*t and when in real life, they are nothing but losers and geeks.. (nothing wrong with geeks though... I am one! XD geek ) They take too much pride in themselves than what they can do for another. They become very egotistic.

Being online ties into the last two examples... Take this forum for another example. I used be apart of a Resident Evil forum called "Albert Wesker V.S. Chris Redfield" and I don't regret being apart of that forum. I met one of my best online friends there. =) But since I was "really" into Resident Evil, I spent all my time on there, except when I had to go to work. I would stay up all night to even find a decent role player in Yahoo chat that could RP the role of Albert Wesker correctly, among other characters. XD But in terms, it always kept me inside my home and I never got out much because of this.. But, I did meet some interesting people online through their love of Resident Evil. *winks to MENTOK the MINDTAKER* But this ties into gaming too much, because all my money went to RE games and figures. XD All because Capcom can't ever have the same, damn, easter egg on every version of every RE game.

As for exercing, it's healthy and good for your mind. ^.^ But when you do that too much you begin to see time is cut in half. Plus, getting injured is more likely to happen. (of course. >.<) And no matter how strong you think you are going to get, it won't stop a bullet from penetrating your body. *lingers in thought* ...Okay, so I don't really have a good thought on exercing. XD But when I do I will return to this. There is a reason to why I brought this up... (I'll figure that out later) besides the fact that if you don't exercise for a while, it turns to fat. =P

Drinking... we all know where that leads to and with any other substant. It's like MENTOK the MINDTAKER was saying about McDoodle's. >.< Consuming unhealthy food too much isn't good, but when you are on the run and you don't have time... Say, on an interstate/freeway.. What is the most frequent sign seen on a road trip? MCDOODLE'S! =D And one knows that they have a dollar menu, so it's easy on your wallet. Plus, the "do" have healthy choices rather than your usual burgar. Like a salad, water, milk, juices and a fruit parfai. Now this may not support MENTOK the MINDTAKER's topic on Mcdoodle's, but then again he wasn't just speaking of Mcdoodle's. He was speaking about a specfic burgar of theirs, and maybe... just maybe it's only in the U.S. that we have different and healthy choices on our menus here in the U.S.?

But with anything we place in our bodies, making choices, we always are taking a risk. We must be mindful and aware of what decisions we make because it'll cost us in the end. How much? That is up to the ones making those choices. So the best thing that anyone can do is to make the best choices for them. We only live once and we become venerable when we are old and grey. Our bodies can't fight off the simple colds we catch, when we were young. Working in a nursing home (as I used to) gives you that realistic propective of aging and even death..and that we don't live forever or as long as we like to.

Last edited by BeatMeAndCandyFallsOut =D on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

Make Believe Is Great! =D
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:34 am

NullTheDummy wrote: it would be funny to see someone seriously think they are actually a talking paper clip.

I noticed you were typing an explanation there.

Wow, that was.....very informative, but yeah, it sounds good. The way stuff is marketed now a days is to make people move on products/services ASAP & then get hooked on it. It could be something good like going to the gym or it can be bad like a McDonald's Big Mac or Royale with Cheese......errr, Quarter Pounder with cheese. As individuals though we have to know our limits when we can sacrifice & do these things or say 'nah, not this time'. & its funny too that you mention video games, because here in California, Governator is thinking about restricting T rated games to minors Razz There's already a law against selling M rated games to anyone under 17 but now its going to be can't sell T games to anyone under 13, & then when this initiative begins, global warming will end, the market will exit the recession, Iraq will embrace democracy, & the youth of our nation.....will still be in high school reading at a 5th grade level. (Disclaimer: I <3 all of you on the forums. No homo.)

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:53 am

Sanosukesama wrote:
NullTheDummy wrote: it would be funny to see someone seriously think they are actually a talking paper clip.

I noticed you were typing an explanation there.

Wow, that was.....very informative, but yeah, it sounds good. The way stuff is marketed now a days is to make people move on products/services ASAP & then get hooked on it. It could be something good like going to the gym or it can be bad like a McDonald's Big Mac or Royale with Cheese......errr, Quarter Pounder with cheese. As individuals though we have to know our limits when we can sacrifice & do these things or say 'nah, not this time'. & its funny too that you mention video games, because here in California, Governator is thinking about restricting T rated games to minors Razz There's already a law against selling M rated games to anyone under 17 but now its going to be can't sell T games to anyone under 13, & then when this initiative begins, global warming will end, the market will exit the recession, Iraq will embrace democracy, & the youth of our nation.....will still be in high school reading at a 5th grade level. (Disclaimer: I <3 all of you on the forums. No homo.)

lol @ paper clip.I have forgotten where that came from! XD But now I remember! =D Yes, the talking paper clip was a hit when I first started to role play. People would come in as that thing. o.o

"it can be bad like a McDonald's Big Mac or Royale with Cheese......errr, Quarter Pounder with cheese."

Ah, a Pulp Fiction reference! =D Mmmmm... Royal with Cheeese. *drools* @.@

Ah..you just jugged my memory to why I had included exercing. People spend too much money on exercing machine, weight gainer, pills, drinks, etc. They may think this is doing them good, but it can become a nasty habit of deep insecurities that are trying to fill with invesiting time and money in the health. But in terms, this void will never be filled.

Now it's good to know what it out there on the market, but sometimes people seem to go overboard with such crazes. I mean...For an example: A guy just exercing to make himself look for the ladies is easily fooling himself if this guy happens to be a complete jerk that won't attract any women of any type. Just because he has a great bod and personality. His overall persona sucks because he is an a*hole. Sure, he may get some women in his life, but not the ones that count. The ones that are out to use him as he maybe doing to them as well..and from what I have seen..Most women that are just attacted to hunky body types are the gold digger types. This goes for women too. Because it is much worse for them.With our fine curves, etc. =P

As for what you have mentioned, yes.. Cooperations seem to have habit of drawing people into things that will be unhealth for them .But what do they care? o.0 They're out to make money and not be concerned with everyone's health. And they only way to prevent on unhealthy choices is to know our limits like you had stated. =)

Pity that Cali is going down the tube when it comes to video games. I mean, what is the point? They are already labled with a age rating on it... o.0 Why change it? It was working before, unless parents have been complaining about it...the irresponsiable ones. XD

Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Naturi on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Central Scrutinizer wrote:I just had an epihany.

In the future they will probably slap health warnings on stuff like chocolate and soda too because they contain SUGAR and it can be UNHEALTHY for you. A politician over here actually had this as one of his primary objectives too.

I just can't wait for scenarios like this to happen then:

Man #1: I heard Robert was arrested last night, what happened?

Man #2: It was something about him making sugar in his basement.

Man #1: SWEET JESUS!! affraid

So remember this kids: In the future, you can only get chocolate on the black market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootleg_(TV_serial)

One of the best TV serials ever

Naturi
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:06 am

I loved that show.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:23 pm

I suppose another publically available health hazard is plastic bags, look at them... floating around in the air, devouring people's groceries, snaring bird and sea creatures or the odd occassion where a (british?) child immitates a videogame [Manhunt] by sneak executing his friend. No stealth bonus for that kid.

EDIT: Ok, I thought about it and decided I should put the guideline work out that virtually anything can be a health hazard in the right (or sometimes wrong) hands so for future posts.. preferabley keep it to the not so obvious but still publically available. bounce

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:38 pm

(watching a plastic bag blow in the wind) Look, it’s dancing with me. It’s like there’s this incredibly benevolent force that wants me to know there’s no reason to be afraid. Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world it makes my heart burst.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:41 pm

smashbro wrote:(watching a plastic bag blow in the wind) Look, it’s dancing with me. It’s like there’s this incredibly benevolent force that wants me to know there’s no reason to be afraid. Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world it makes my heart burst.

I remember one day me and my friend had come home after some dirt rallying and as we got out of the car a huge tumbleweed .. tumbled past, which was very weird considering where I live. We just watched it bounce away for a while till my happy friend proclaimed "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

Oh right, p.a.h... I guess my apartment could be considered a publically available health hazard as I have many a swords, daggers and other impaling implements laying about when they should really be in a cabinet.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:11 am

smashbro wrote:(watching a plastic bag blow in the wind) Look, it’s dancing with me. It’s like there’s this incredibly benevolent force that wants me to know there’s no reason to be afraid. Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world it makes my heart burst.

I remember one day me and my friend had come home after some dirt rallying and as we got out of the car a huge tumbleweed .. tumbled past, which was very weird considering where I live. We just watched it bounce away for a while till my happy friend proclaimed "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

Oh right, p.a.h... I guess my apartment could be considered a publically available health hazard as I have many a swords, daggers and other impaling implements laying about when they should really be in a cabinet.

lol. XD Ah, "American Beauty" reference. Which is a great film and I like the drug dealing kid the most. =D

MENTOK: (we have spoken, so do think this is some way of me picking up communication with you. I am just commenting on your post as a fact) Yes, I know of the fact you have many, many swords to slice and dice with, more so than a butcher. o.o But for the most part, I don't think you have to place them in a cabinet. o.0 (Unless this happens to be a law in Australia) But for the most part, I thought you had them hanging on the walls of your little shack you live in? 0.o *shurgs her shoulders*

Last edited by BeatAway =D on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top