Concert thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Concert thread

Post  Central Scrutinizer on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:40 am

As I have mentioned before, I am a big music junkie, so it's only natural that I love concerts too. Just post and discuss any concert experiences you have had, which bands you have seen or bands you want to see.

Will post mine later.

Central Scrutinizer
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Concert thread

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:58 am

Coldplay.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:58 am

mc chris,
I fuckin love that nerd.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikpik Love on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:52 pm

A concert thread? Oh boy, count me in! :U

- I've been to three NIN concerts and I'm planning to go to their final one playing this summer at Red Rocks. Trent Reznor is pretty fucking intense live, and the beautiful visuals that always accompany his shows leave me absolutely awe-struck right toward the end. It's going to be sad knowing that NIN's retiring after this run... but I guess all good things must come to an end.

- A pretty epic Tool concert at the Pepsi Center. The lazer show totally blew my mind, lol. drunken

- Death Cab For Cutie is also an excellent band to see live. Red Rocks provided the most magnificent backdrop for their performance. I went with my friends that night, and one of the most memorable experiences I've had was standing there with them on the bleachers and just... watching and listening silently while they performed.

Pikpik Love
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Central Scrutinizer on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Some concerts I have been to the last months (warning: these are norwegian).

Skambankt (translation: beaten to a pulp):

Saw these guys not long ago and frankly, I rank this as one of the best concerts I have been too. Skambankt plays punky hardrock with a slight self deprecating image. There lyrics are fairly silly which serves to paint them as aggresive commies or something. It's just in good fun though. They played a short, but also very intense set where the highlight was when the warm-up band came out completely naked on stage which managed to take everyone off-guard (this includes Skambankt themselves too). Also I managed to meet them after the concert, which defiently was a highpoint as well.

Humcrush:

Weirdest band I have ever seen. A sort of fusion between jazz and electronica which makes it a point that everything should be improvised. The set went from extremely noisy to quiet ambience in the flicker of a switch. And their singer sang in some stuttery language that I am sure was some kind of mix between english and sami. It caught me completely off-guard and it is to this day probably one of my weirdest concert experiences. People was so awestruck that they didn't even dare to clap when a song was done.

Central Scrutinizer
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:34 pm

A Day in the Zone (twice)
First one I don't remember much. Mom asked if I wanted to go with friends, so I did. I think it was Maroon 5 that headlined it, but I don't remember, I mostly just ran around the place with friends since it's in the open and what not.
Second one was better. I didn't care for anyone performing in the beginning, so again, screwed around with friends. They had a bounce house volley ball thing that was hella fun. Main bands were Lifehouse and Dauightry and both were good.

Best concert I went to was with my dad to a Blue Man Group concert. Fuckin Amazing! The only way I can dexcribe it is that it's like a comedy rock show. Very entertaining, music is great (most songs are covers, I think), and their performances are very humouous. I highly suggest going to one of theirs.

Concerts I want to go to:
Anenged Sevenfold; After watching a live concert in Long Beach, CA on their Diamonds in the Ruff album, I hella want to see them.
Globus; JGH27 got me into them. Awesome music.

Vids:

Blue Man Group

(One comedy music skit)

(Band Performance)

Avenged Sevenfold (LBC concert)

First two songs.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:19 pm

I really want to see the band Man Man perform live, my friend all went and they told me it was one of the most amazing things they'd ever seen. The youtube vids of them live are sorta crappy. but I trust my friends, and enjoy Man Man's recorded music, so I have made it a point to make sure I see them next chance I get.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:34 pm

smashbro wrote:
Globus; JGH27 got me into them. Awesome music.

Here is a Globus vid again just for you smashbro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc56moy0poA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxwbXC0icU&feature=related

As far as concerts I've been to, I've only been to 1 and that was Manic Drive recently. They're a Christian rock band that I got hooked on through the girl I like. Their latest album has gone more mainstream but the concert was amazing for what it was. It was in front of 100 people but they've apparently played at the biggest Christian festival thing out in New York. (I'm not Christian or of any religion by the way).

I REALLY want to see Globus in concert. It's be AMAZING. I also plan on seeing Armin Van Buuren and Ferry Corsten at the Guvernment in Toronto soon as they always put on spectacular sets.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:44 pm

I was at a Lordi concert once.
+Stolen Babies,
+Lizzie Borden.
Good times.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard