Travelling to the US

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Travelling to the US

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:37 am

Hey all

Well it's that time finally, I'll be travelling to the US tomorrow and will be going on a journey in a virtually random direction once I get there (ie: touring). If I get time I'll post the experiences each day here for any who are interested, might even stop by LA and see Matt and Zach at some point. (Though I haven't heard from either of them in some time so prospects look hazy Sad )

Who know's, might even bump into some other people on this forum while I'm checking out America. alien

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travelling to the US

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:06 am

Great.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:16 am

Have fun.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:17 am

Hope you have some fun.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:29 am

I doubt you will run into any of us, we're all inside on the computer all day.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:25 pm

And Matt disabled the Google Map thing. So yeah...

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Have fun and safe travels. Hopefully your US visit goes better then mine had a month ago lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Enjoy your trip, good sir. Looking forward to your updates to hear about how your doing, what your seeing, and what fun your having.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Haha, awesome. Have fun!

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:23 pm

Are you headed anywhere in particular?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 am

Well it's Wednesday here now... I think. I'm sooooo darn tired, had the longest Monday of my life and spending 22+ hours on a plane from Sydney to Los Angeles wasn't exactly thrilling. I'm suffering terrible jetlag and haven't managed to sleep a wink since I landed.

Everything is pretty damn noisy over here, makes me appreciate the bushlands even more. I was actually able to relax more on the hotels front lawn then I was on it's bed... which sounds strange. Security seemed to be tight in some places and lax in others, I'd unwittingly managed to slip through certain checkpoints without realizing it though this fact eventually caught up with me, conversation with Airport security went a lil something like this:

A.S: "Why isn't your boarding pass stamped?"
Me: "Uhh... I don't know... why isn't it stamped?" (Genuine question)
A.S: "Did you cut the line?"
Me: "Nah mate, I lined up just like everyone else."
A.S: "Well your gonna need to line up again and make sure you get it stamped this time."

Unfortunately for me, my jacket, watch, everything of value I could carry on me (including my shoes!) were on the otherside of the checkpoint... which I couldn't get to until I'd properly past security. So I was lining up.. again, in my socks. Mad

Suffice it to say that while my luggage was put on the next flight (as it should), I however was unable to get to the plane before it took off without me. So I got acquainted at the local airport bar at LAX since my next bloody flight wasn't gonna be for another 3 1/2 hours. Drinks are pricey over here and that's not even including the exchange rate factor. Surprised

Had a clash of accents with someone I could only assume was mexican working at an Airport Information booth when I was trying to locate a gate E-3 too:
A.I: What gate are you looking for? (Thick mexican accent?)
Me: Gate E-3 (Thick aussie accent)
A.I: A-3?
Me: No, no, E-3.
A.I: A-3?
Me: No, E-3.
A.I: A-E?
Me: ("Oh for gods sake!") Nah! Eeee-3!
A.I: Ohhhh, E-3!

I really can't think of what else to type at the moment, it's been an experience thus far but I'm very... ermm... out of it due to lack of sleep. For those wanting to know I'm currently in St Louis, Missouri. It seems people in this area are very excited to see an aussie in their midst. bounce For someone who hasn't slept for over 3 days I typed a lot more then I thought I would. Suspect

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:48 am

Marge: Coffee
Bartender: Beer?
M:Coooffeee
B: Beeeer?
M: C-O
B: B-E

lol, sorry but that Mexican story reminded me of that Simpsons episode. Glad to hear you made it alright even if you haven't gotten sleep and went through a bunch of crap.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:58 am

I had actually talked to Matt (and attempted to talk to Zach) about maybe doing a very small cameo in the next episode of 'TWBB' while I was in LA, unfortunately the proposed shooting schedule and my flight itinerary didn't sync up... that and neither of them have replied to my last messages. *shakes fist*

Still plenty of time though, and a lingering hope that one (or both) of them will see this and decide to reply. Suspect

By the way, thus far I'm not much of a fan of your cooked chicken. Something about it seemed...... off, or missing. Though I've been told it was just this particular restaurant called "Ginghams" where I ate that just doesn't do a good chicken. Looking forward to being proven wrong, I'm starving!

EDIT: I was eventually reunited with my luggage.

Last edited by Sgt.Budsky on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention..)

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Quite an adventure you seem to be having. O __O

I've never heard of this "Ginghams," but I'm sorry to hear its chicken isn't up to snuff. And that you got seperated from your luggage and are sleep deprived.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Lol. Your stories are making me excited for when I get to go to Spain.
Post pictures! (even though I've probably seen some of the places)

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Well I've finally got a moments peace and have had sufficient sleep to co-ordinate my limbs effectively that I can upload some photo's and make a new post. I had just (tried... dear lord, filling! ) ate a large club sandwich at a quaint little restaurant called "Hooters" to which I'm fairly sure we don't have... suffice to say I had a great time! Laughing

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Central Scrutinizer on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:00 pm

No aussie without his hattie.

Central Scrutinizer
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:35 pm

I've seen a Hooters in Sydney somewhere.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:50 am

Like I said... Just wonderful that they took you to one of the "most" important places of culture in the U.S. *shakes her head* (Then maybe a strip club afterwards? o.0 XD) Though, I do hear that their wings are good there. XD

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:Well I've finally got a moments peace and have had sufficient sleep to co-ordinate my limbs effectively that I can upload some photo's and make a new post. I had just (tried... dear lord, filling! ) ate a large club sandwich at a quaint little restaurant called "Hooters" to which I'm fairly sure we don't have... suffice to say I had a great time! Laughing

Make Believe Is Great! =D
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:37 am

Dude, Hooters is a family restaurant, fun for all ages XD & yeah, the wings are totally bitchin', everyone should try them at least once. There's another restaurant, I think its around Las Vegas called 'Dicks' & its not just a clever name. Apparently the waiters & attendants there act like real dicks to you the whole visit. They don't like make it personal, but they come to your table & say 'Yeah, what do you want? Seriously? Yeah whatever.' Stuff like that & apparently you can mess with the waiters there, and its just a fun, sarcastic filled event for everyone. Wink

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am

Sanosukesama wrote:Dude, Hooters is a family restaurant, fun for all ages XD & yeah, the wings are totally bitchin', everyone should try them at least once. There's another restaurant, I think its around Las Vegas called 'Dicks' & its not just a clever name. Apparently the waiters & attendants there act like real dicks to you the whole visit. They don't like make it personal, but they come to your table & say 'Yeah, what do you want? Seriously? Yeah whatever.' Stuff like that & apparently you can mess with the waiters there, and its just a fun, sarcastic filled event for everyone. Wink

Sounds like a place we have up here called Crabby Joes, although while the menu's were like that I think our waiter was just a B*tch.

Also, food at Hooters absolutely sucks. Not a hard concept to mess up, food + girls should equal good not me never wanting to go again lol.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

XD

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:41 am

JGH27 wrote:
Sanosukesama wrote:Dude, Hooters is a family restaurant, fun for all ages XD & yeah, the wings are totally bitchin', everyone should try them at least once. There's another restaurant, I think its around Las Vegas called 'Dicks' & its not just a clever name. Apparently the waiters & attendants there act like real dicks to you the whole visit. They don't like make it personal, but they come to your table & say 'Yeah, what do you want? Seriously? Yeah whatever.' Stuff like that & apparently you can mess with the waiters there, and its just a fun, sarcastic filled event for everyone. Wink

Sounds like a place we have up here called Crabby Joes, although while the menu's were like that I think our waiter was just a B*tch.

Also, food at Hooters absolutely sucks. Not a hard concept to mess up, food + girls should equal good not me never wanting to go again lol.

Ah, a great distaction... pretty girls, to hide what they are really lacking in the restaurant, huh? XD lol... Wooow... And like you'd said, it's not hard to figure out, but not for single and desperate males with their tongues hanging out and more. XD So to them it would be a "wonderful" place. ~.6 Almost like a strip joint, but these girls work their wallets without giving them a lap dance and crappy food, according to you. XD

Make Believe Is Great! =D
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:19 am

Don't know what you're talking about, clearly I went to Hooter's for the wings.....& they had good customer service. But seriously, just for the wings *clears throat*

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:26 am

Sanosukesama wrote:Don't know what you're talking about, clearly I went to Hooter's for the wings.....& they had good customer service. But seriously, just for the wings *clears throat*

I'm not a big fan of wings to be honest, but I remember getting an uncooked burger twice and they'd messed up grilled cheese once. How in the F**k do you mess that up? lol

Maybe it's just by where I live.

Null: Not all of them are single, my boss took me a few times. And according to me, yes. Then again everything I say is right so......
kidding

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:34 am

Really? Botched a grilled cheese sandwich? Razz That & the wings thing, makes sense why you & Hooters don't get along, sorry about all that bro....& yes, everything JGH says is correct, don't doubt him or we'll all be sorry (let's just say it involves a Falcon Pawnch & the Apocalypse....)

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top