Post  Sonix! on Tue May 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Farina is definitely worth it, though. She always maxes STR for me. <3

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brawl: whats next?

Post  Smashy B on Tue May 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Sonix! wrote:Farina is definitely worth it, though. She always maxes STR for me. <3
Endgame, she is definitely worth it. But for the Four Fanged Offense chapter, Fiora (or Heath even) is needed if you want to rescue Wallace (as a pre-promote) before he gets killed. Now, the only reason you would want this would be for collecting supports with characters that you have to endgame to get them.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Tue May 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Pidgey for smash Bros.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Wed May 13, 2009 12:23 am

Shiny Pidgey.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed May 13, 2009 4:57 am

Soren (Fire emblem PoR & RD)

recogniseable; to anyone who played console versions of FE
Popular; probably more requested then Ice Climbers.
Stage; That crazy tower of Ashera?

Up-B Tornado (lifts himself and damages surrounding enemies)
B; Wind (short range damage)
B charge; Elwind (Wind, but with added damage and range)
Side B; Blizzard (think Pikachu's thunder, not hitting himself but a area a small distance away)
Down B; Barrier staff (think reflector)

FS Rexcalibur (Elwind gone crazy over entire stage)

yeah, something like that should be possible.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Wed May 13, 2009 5:49 am

Blue Madness wrote:Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario
1. Is it a Nintendo character?
Yes.

2. Is it popularly recognised by the Mass audience of this particular game?
Yes.

3. Is it appropriate for the game environment?
Totally yes.

4. What stage(s) shall accompany this character?
None, the appropriate one is already in the game (Delfino Island).

5. Will it makes them the moneys.
Probably.

Well, Considering we have Diddy Kong, having Bowser Jr. Would be expected for the masses. The only problem I could see would be what games Bowser Jr. is in. I guess Mario Galaxy would count but still. Bowser Jr. hasn't exactly received as much love as other characters.

Other than the obvious, The one series that break all of my rules (Apply well, but don't make the cut) would be Pokemon. Seriously here, there are almost 500 of these Fuckers, what's the chance that yours would be in Brawl? We got 6 of them in brawl. And why did they get into Brawl? Because they are Nintendo's special children, the ones that were given the extra treatment. Harsh reality, but it's what we have.

In depth guide to why they were in Brawl:

Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard

- Classic icons.
- The original 3 Pokemon. In the game, you got to choose 1. In Brawl you get to play all 3.
- Aimed at the Hardcore gamer, other gamers aged 6-12 of cuteness factor.

Jigglypuff
- Comic relief character in Japanese Anime.
- Was in previous game.
- Girl's gamers choice.
- Cuteness factor.

Lucario
- Had a prior role in video game "Pokemon Diamond/Pokemon Pearl" As Gym Leader Maylene's star Pokemon.
- Also was Cynthia, "Final Boss's" Pokemon choice.
- Starred in Pokemon Movie.

Pikachu
- Star Pokemon of Pokemon Series
- Cult icon
- Starred in Several Movies
- Merchandise hero
- Was in Previous game.

And that was me, Fobby, looking at the business side of Brawl.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed May 13, 2009 11:17 am

I don't think comparing a given characters popularity to that of Ice Climbers or Pit is that fair, since these characters weren't added because people wanted them, they were added because the creators liked them. I've had trouble in the past getting people to understand that this is the creators game, not ours, so it isn't like they owe it to us to put in any particular character. We are simply bystanders, we do little to influence this game, so we should try not to get it in our heads that they have to put in X character because if not they will go bankrupt or some bollux.

This wasn't aimed at anyone here, but I needed to say that.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed May 13, 2009 4:49 pm

^That is a good point.

Avalanche91 wrote:Soren (Fire emblem PoR & RD)
Since Soren can use all types of anima magic when he becomes a Sage, the side be could be substituted for a thunder or fire attack. But then again, Soren starts as a wind mage so it would make more sense to lock the main attacks to wind... Unless the side B alternated or randomized between a wind, fire, and thunder attack. That would be cool.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Wed May 13, 2009 5:09 pm

Captain Pidgey for Brawl.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed May 13, 2009 10:58 pm

smashbro wrote:

Lady Lyndis
- Hails from Fire Emblem. So Yes.
- One of the three main lords of FE7 and currently an assist trophy in Brawl
- Yes.
- Maybe a more specific stage or another generic Fire Emblem stage.
- Popular among Fire Emblem fans, and again, female representation.

Lyndis was the whole reason why I got into FE 5 years ago. A college mate of mine lent me the GBA one, and I was hooked. Lyndis was fast, strong, and became like a shadow tank. Then when she promoted, I took her to fight one of the Wyvern Riders of Bern, first strike in her new form, she split into 4 shadows > Critical strike. That animation blew my mind & cemented me as an FE fan Shocked

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Wed May 13, 2009 11:01 pm

I think the main thing that would make me want Lyn in the game is her fighting style.
Of all the swordsmen in the game, not a singe one has a katana, and only one reallyrelies on speed- meaning she would play like nothing else in the game.
On top of that, she atually has a personality and is likable, unlike the hollow speech-empediment characters that mostly make up the Nintendo cast.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed May 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Serras-Kai wrote:I think the main thing that would make me want Lyn in the game is her fighting style.
Of all the swordsmen in the game, not a singe one has a katana, and only one reallyrelies on speed- meaning she would play like nothing else in the game.
On top of that, she atually has a personality and is likable, unlike the hollow speech-empediment characters that mostly make up the Nintendo cast.
Sword Masters technically wield katanas. Wait, what does a Wo Dao count as?

Thing with Fire Emblem characters, I dunno if more could be added, except for maybe Lyn. I say this cause of Fobby's post on the Pokemon. So...

Marth
- The main character of the first Fire Enblem
- The first Lord
- Popular in Japan

Ike
- Main character of the first Fire Emblem to be in 3D
- Not a Lord; started as a simple Mercenary
- A fuckin tank! One of the strongest units ever.
- His prominent role in Path of Radiance and the fact that there were cut scenes (as cheesy as most were) probably made him more popular.
- Popular outside of Japan as well as Japan

Roy (in Melee)
- Main character of FE6
- FE6 was dated to launch soon after Melee, so his feature in Melee was a means of promoting the game
Reason why he was dropped: FE6 wasn't that popular in Japan, and was a clone, so that could be why he ain't in Brawl. Also, he is a weak unit in Fire Emblem.

Cause of that, it cold be hard for more FE characters to make it in, except for the most prominent being Lyn, and maybe Micaiah, Sothe, and Soren. Unlikely, but I'm still havin fun speculating.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron on Thu May 14, 2009 2:33 am

First of all, the dog from Duck Hunt would be hilarious.

Second, they should add Paperboy and the Chef from BurgerTime. For reals.

Third, if they are going to add more non-Nintendo characters, they should add Sephiroth and Cloud from FFIIV, and the Chocobo. Possibly characters from FFII, Cecil or Kain. These games changed/ruined lives when they came out.

And for sure Mega Man. It still blows my mind that he isn't in these games.

Longshots could be the Battletoads, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bart Simpson, Birdo, Simon Belmont, Dracula, the Grim Reaper (that guy is everywhere), Pac-Man, and Bionic Commando.

Thoughts?

Aaron
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 14, 2009 2:48 am

Sephiroth and Cloud? Please no.
I think it needs to be something that's a little more iconic to the FF franchise. A Black Mage, please.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhiel on Thu May 14, 2009 4:11 am

Last time I checked, FF2 was for the NES and did not have Cecil or Kain in em. Though I'm a fan of FF7 I do NOT want to see either of em in a smash game, if you really want to play as Sephy play Ehrgeiz or whatever it was called.

The most iconic to the franchise, would probably be a black mage, indeed xD But I'd find it hard to make that work without it seeming like a zelda clone minus the transformation. Maybe an onion knight with 3 different transformations? xD Either way, the likeliness of a FF something appearing in a smash game is about 0 divided by 0. Though Megaman could be prety cool, I do wonder why he hasn't been added already. (And I still want Dark Samus, just cause she looks similiar to samus doesn't mean she'd be a clone, she's got plenty of unique attacks.)

Edit: Oh, I completely forgot. Know what would be awesome in smash? Count Bleck!

Zhiel
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://bleachedsouls.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron on Thu May 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Sorry about the convoluted sentence about Final Fantasy up there. It was pretty late. What it was supposed to say was that if they added a non Nintendo character, then Cloud or Sephiroth from FFIV would be cool, at least Sephiroth. I just like him cuz he's the first video game character I ever truly saw as evil, purely evil in a real and non-fantastical or cartoonish way. When he murders Aeris, it was shattering, and has been described as the most shocking moment in video game history. Next to the iconic victory screen of Ice Climbers, I suppose...

After that, I THEN thought of Cecil and Kain from the Super NES cartridge FFII, which was FFIV elsewhere. I was less interested in these two, but they popped in my head, so I thought I'd thrown them in.

However, the most important thing is....Paperboy. Paperboy must be added....

Aaron
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Aaron wrote:When he murders Aeris, it was shattering, and has been described as the most shocking moment in video game history. Next to the iconic victory screen of Ice Climbers, I suppose...

...wait, what happens in the victory screen of Ice Climbers? I need to know.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu May 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Zhiel wrote:Last time I checked, FF2 was for the NES and did not have Cecil or Kain in em.

that actually depends on how you look at, in japan FF2 was for the NES, true, but before everyone in America realized that, "FF2", which was actually FF4, was on the SNES and had Cecil and Kane in it, I love FF4. Kinda like how FF3 was actually FF6.

Character I think should be in the next smash, huh....that's a hard one. There's so many good characters out there and all the ones I think of have ties to third party companies or just aren't on any of Nintendo's systems at all. Though, uh, Presea from Tales of Symphonia would be awesome. Little kid that's actually been alive for a really long time and wields one really mean axe. Where can you go wrong with that combo, really? Come on, she has special attacks called things like Endless Infliction, Eternal Devastation and Infinite Destruction. She's absolutely brutal and was my favorite character to play as.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron on Thu May 14, 2009 2:25 pm

1) I have no idea what the victory screen from Ice Climbers is, actually. If someone finds a screen shot, please post it somewhere. I imagine it being a firework display over a mountain with you standing on top, and below it saying "You has climbed mountain! Victory!" orrrrrr "All our mountains are belong to you"

2) Back to the topic, how about Ryu Hayabusa (might be misspelled...) from Ninja Gaiden?

Aaron
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu May 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Sephiroth and Cloud? Please no.
Please no! These two are SO overrated I can't stand even reading their names anymore! x_x
Aaron wrote:how about Ryu Hayabusa (might be misspelled...) from Ninja Gaiden?
Please no!

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu May 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Cloud and Sephiroth:
Unlikely at best. These two characters have never been on a Nintendo console. In other words, it'd be like promoting someone else's product, not good from a buisness standpoint.

Ryu Hayabusa:
Okay, he was on the DS and his older games were all NES releases, but really, let's face it; the mainstream gamer knows him from the newer Ninja Gaiden games, so he probably won't get in for the same reason as Sephy and Cloud.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 14, 2009 3:26 pm

SSB needs Pacman. Just saying.
Pacman is probably the most iconic video game character there is. At least after Mario.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu May 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Stupid question,but what about Waluigi?Do you think he'll be an assist trophy forever?.Not that I'm very fond of him,but a battle between the Mario Bros. and Team Wario could be interesting.But then again,the only game he had an important role in, was Dance-Dance-Revolution.

Let's not forget,there already has been a Nintendo/FF crossover game: Mario Hoops 3 on 3.But FF just got its own Beat'em Up with Dissida. Also,I'd think we would get a yet unfamiliar character for the next SSB,possibly Lightning from FFXIII.

Hopefully they don't go the way of Soul Calibur: getting Star Wars characters in it.I love Star Wars,but please stay out of this one.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron on Thu May 14, 2009 3:48 pm

In regards to Ryu, the same argument can be made for Solid Snake. His first few games were Nintendo releases, but the current mainstream gamer knows him mostly from the Metal Gear Solid series.

And yeah, Pac-Man would be awesome.

As to Final Fantasy characters, some people mentioned the Black Mage, and I think that would be pretty awesome. I'm actually indifferent to Cloud, honestly, but I have such vivid memories of Sephiroth that it's hard for me to see him as overrated. However, the fact that they have never in any way been on a Nintendo console is an exceptionally valid point.

Aaron
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu May 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Snake's an exception. I'm sure everyone knows the story.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top