Your Cosplay Pics Here

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Your Cosplay Pics Here

Post  Quaetam on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Quick shot that is currently my skype profile pic; more to come in a while.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed May 23, 2012 4:52 am

boom guess what I'm reviving this thread from my cosplays a month ago.

Vriska Serket from Homestuck. This cosplay was madly put together the day of and very much thanks to one girl who had the glasses, wig, horns etc for me to borrow. I think it turned out okay.

Yukari Yakumo from Touhou (with a lovely Reimu Hakurei I met about 30 seconds before this photo was taken).

also here's Spades Slick, Yukari Yakumo and the Once-ler performing Gay Bar.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 am

I don't know why, but the Once-ler just fits with it all.

Also nice cosplays

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Finally started on my cosplay for the con in August. Yes I know I'm leaving it to the last minute as per usual. I'm pretty burnt out so I'm not going to even try to make a complicated costume this year, but I don't fancy rewearing an old one. So my main costume will be Subway Master Nobori/Ingo from Pokemon Black and White!

Spoiler:

I have no idea why I've become so obsessed with the Subway Masters. They've been in like two episodes and are nearly impossible to reach in the main game. But I totally love Nobori and the costume seems fairly simple. I've got all the parts, all I need is to modify the hat and the coat. Will probably need a wig though, I tried hiding my hair under the hat but I have way too much of the bloody stuff.

I have nobody to cosplay his twin Kudari with though, so I'll have to make a plushie of him to take along Sad

Also if I have time I might also go as Elh from Solatorobo:

Spoiler:

A bit more complicated, but Solatorobo needs more love.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 pm

My friends and I are elbow deep in a full group for Bastion.
Spoiler:
My costume (zulf, center left) and zia's (center right) are nearly done, but because our rucks is currently still in class, we have to bust ass to churn his out by July. I'm really excited for SDCC, I wasn't going to rewear Karkat but with the Huss attending and all I kinda have to.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:28 pm

SurgePox wrote:My friends and I are elbow deep in a full group for Bastion.
Spoiler:
My costume (zulf, center left) and zia's (center right) are nearly done, but because our rucks is currently still in class, we have to bust ass to churn his out by July. I'm really excited for SDCC, I wasn't going to rewear Karkat but with the Huss attending and all I kinda have to.
I'm so jelly, I hope those cosplays come out great.

I may not even cosplay this year since I was only able to get a Thursday pass. :/

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm

smashbro wrote:I may not even cosplay this year since I was only able to get a Thursday pass. :/[/color]
You totally should! Just wear an old costume.

Also, the stress of organizing a lot of people into working on costumes (for the Bastion group) and the time crunch to con is starting to set in. I've spent entire days just running around town, sanding, makeuping, sewing, wigging, painting, and researching, and we've still got a long way to go and some stuff I've yet to even figure out how to do. I'm going to have to learn some new stuff to age our Ruck's face, and most of our props haven't even been started yet (except mine, which is long done.) And I have no idea where to buy a mustache.

On the bright side though, updated Homestuck cosplays are done and the new makeup takes like 2 minutes to put on, lasts forever, doesn't feel weird, and was only 10 dollars for enough makeup to last two people all con.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Hey Raya, the submas are in BW2, and you actually battle them without having to go through the battle subway, so that might make you feel better Razz

Aurgh I need a job. I'm planning on being a RED Medic in November, but if I run out of time I might be a Spy (either RED or BLU, I haven't decided). My original plan was RED Sniper but then I had my heart set on Medic, haha. Though in all honesty at this point Sniper would be much easier to pull off :U
I might have to get a Towering Pillar of Hats to be Spy, hahaha.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:16 am

Does anyone here have any experience buying contacts for cosplay online? I'm considering some white ones for some characters from some comic I pretend not to like, but I don't want to wear them once and then feel the buyers regret.

Oh also my bastion group totally happened! dunno if I posted:
Spoiler:

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:04 am

Kid looks good in his costume. Real good. Kid isn't sure how people are gonna feel about it, but the kid can really pull it off.

So, I couldn't guarantee that any part of my outfit will be ready for NYCC next weekend, so I didn't get any tickets, but not that it looks like I have a chance of getting it done if I get lucky, I'm kinda upset about that.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:44 am

Minby_Aran wrote:Kid looks good in his costume. Real good. Kid isn't sure how people are gonna feel about it, but the kid can really pull it off.

So, I couldn't guarantee that any part of my outfit will be ready for NYCC next weekend, so I didn't get any tickets, but not that it looks like I have a chance of getting it done if I get lucky, I'm kinda upset about that.

I'm mad that I won't be going this year and my sister is.

You were making an outfit?

Also, I'm still questing to make/get a decent link costume. It will happen eventually.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:10 am

You WILL get that Link cosplay together. I know you well enough to know you will not stop until it happens, and it will be awesome.

As for mine, you'll see when it happens because, if nothing else, it should be set for Halloween.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:18 am

Due to my lack of artistic skills, I'll probably be buying it online.

My only couple of questions are about the legality of sword materials at cons and the reliability of pre-made costumes.

Also where I can get a link costume that doesn't cost shitloads of money.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 am

I can say with 100% certainty that there will be a bunch of people at your school who are into cosplay and can help you. You just gotta find people, talk to them. Make friends, they'll have friends, and even if that doesn't find you any help, it's solid advice anyway.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:49 pm

td260 wrote:My only couple of questions are about the legality of sword materials at cons and the reliability of pre-made costumes.
Most cons are accepting of weapons or weapon props in some capacity. The policy will vary by con but at the very least usually if you let them peacebond your weapon into it's sheath you should be fine if it's a metal sword. Wood and other types of props are completely fine usually, so long as you aren't swinging them around or pointing them or playing with them outside of photos.
I've only ever bought one premade costume, it was from asia and the quality was alright but it was a pretty simple costume anyways. A link costume, depending on which link, could be a bit pricey to really pricey.

You can't get good and cheap, usually, without doing hard work yourself. It's almost always cheaper to make a costume than to buy one.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:10 pm

SurgePox wrote:Does anyone here have any experience buying contacts for cosplay online? I'm considering some white ones for some characters from some comic I pretend not to like, but I don't want to wear them once and then feel the buyers regret.

It's better to buy them from an opticians. They're guaranteed to be proper safe things then, rather than run the risk of getting something dodgy online. Plus they can talk you through the care and how to properly use them.

Actually Surge, do you wear contacts already? If you don't one thing you need to consider is the fact your eyes aren't used to them. You generally have to build up the time wearing them (2 hours one day, 4 the next etc), but coloured contacts are 1 day only ones. You can rewear them, but run the risk of infection. When I had my coloured ones I wore them about 10 hours straight and could barely see the next day, my eyes were so sore. If you're going to be wearing them for long periods I'd suggest buying a cheap normal set to gets your eyes used to them first.

td260 wrote:Due to my lack of artistic skills, I'll probably be buying it online.

My only couple of questions are about the legality of sword materials at cons and the reliability of pre-made costumes.

Don't buy a costume. It's generally frowned upon to just buy one rather than make one. Plus as Surge said, it can work out even more expensive to buy one since you have to factor in the labour. Shouldn't be too hard though, the easiest thing to do is buy existing clothes and modify them. The trousers/boots/belt you can straight-up buy rather than make. Tunics are pretty easy to make, and there's lots of tutorials online. Same with the hat, and you can easily get prosthetic ears quite cheap.

As for weaponry it varies from con to con. Most won't allow metal, sharp or large objects due to safety problems. On their website they should have prop guildlines explaining what is and isn't allowed.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Raya wrote:
SurgePox wrote:Does anyone here have any experience buying contacts for cosplay online? I'm considering some white ones for some characters from some comic I pretend not to like, but I don't want to wear them once and then feel the buyers regret.

It's better to buy them from an opticians. They're guaranteed to be proper safe things then, rather than run the risk of getting something dodgy online. Plus they can talk you through the care and how to properly use them.

Actually Surge, do you wear contacts already? If you don't one thing you need to consider is the fact your eyes aren't used to them. You generally have to build up the time wearing them (2 hours one day, 4 the next etc), but coloured contacts are 1 day only ones. You can rewear them, but run the risk of infection. When I had my coloured ones I wore them about 10 hours straight and could barely see the next day, my eyes were so sore. If you're going to be wearing them for long periods I'd suggest buying a cheap normal set to gets your eyes used to them first.
I've worn contacts at one point in my life, but switched to glasses for convenience. I know how to put them in and take them out but i would be surprised if after years my eyes would still be adjusted to wearing them right away. This is good advice and I appreciate it.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:46 pm

See, the thing is, I'm awful at artistic crap. I made a costume once and it ended up being a green shirt that I cut a neckline into.

And no matter how frowned upon a bought costume is, someone showing up in a shitty handmade one is probably frowned upon even more because of the lack of quality.

And of the people that I know who would make a costume for themselves, they definitely won't make one for me. >.>

But yeah.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:05 pm

So, I found a VERY good reference for a Lambada, Rice and Halekulani cosplay~

Halekulani
Spoiler:

Lambada and Rice (Rice is the one with red hair)
Spoiler:

I am probably going to be doing Lambadas first.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:24 pm

*in Professor Oak's voice* Are those boys or girls? o_O

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 pm

I am 90% sure they are girls.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Viero wrote:I am 90% sure they are girls.

Which means they're probably guys, right? Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 pm

td260 wrote:See, the thing is, I'm awful at artistic crap. I made a costume once and it ended up being a green shirt that I cut a neckline into.

And no matter how frowned upon a bought costume is, someone showing up in a shitty handmade one is probably frowned upon even more because of the lack of quality.

And of the people that I know who would make a costume for themselves, they definitely won't make one for me. >.>

But yeah.
I never hurts to try! Look for tutorials, work diligently, carefully, and give yourself plenty of time in case things go wrong so you don't have to settle for sloppy! In highschool I made a Link costume for spirit week and while it was something I probably wouldn't wear now, it was really fun to make and a good first step into more complex things.

Oh also, there really isn't anything wrong with wearing a purchased or commissioned costume as long as you don't pass it off as your own work.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm getting stuck in to hand making a costume for the first time. It's pretty exciting, helps that I made a dress a little earlier this year so now I actually have some knowledge of what I'm doing. Getting a decent skirt pattern was good, too. Only thing is now I need to find a good shirt pattern, which will be really hard given what this shirt looks like.

At least no matter what I do, it'll probably look better than the official art.

Spoiler:

Surge, your group looked fantastic!

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:28 pm

What is this, Surge? You advise against me wearing colored contacts for Red, but then you want some yourself?

Aww helll naww!

I kid, though I still want colored contacts for that. My problem is they would have to be prescription, so I'll likely be paying more.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top