Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 am

Another hope for future easter eggs- some sort of reference to the horror of Nintendo's E3 conference. "Hey, what happened to your wrist?" "I had a little snowboarding accident. Have I ever told you how awesome snowboarding is? It's pretty much the best thing ever- and my kids love it too! All we ever talk about, all we ever do, is snowboarding, snowboarding, snowboarding..."

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  zach also rises on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Young/Toon Link will be accounted for. In fact, that's one of my favorite scenes (in my brain anyway).

Young Link wasn't included with the killed off characters in episode one because he's IN Brawl, they just updated his look and gave him the worst name ever. Why didn't they just call him Young Link? Nintendo, what the hell.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Ooh, you heard it here first, folks!

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Smashy B on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:03 pm

I am assuming this will be in the next episode, no?
Well, can't wait.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:23 pm

Nah, can't be in the next episode. According to the front page, 2's filming is already finished. Zach said it's one of the funniest scenes "in his head", so I assume we'll have to wait a bit longer.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Breakdown of Easter Eggs/References

Post  DEgan on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 am

Hey guys, we actually broke down all the video game references we noticed... i think we got them all covered-but if there are some you noticed that we didn't, well add it to the list! We're probably going to keep breaking these down episode by episode... cause isn't that what fandom is all about?

http://www.geekanerdblog.com/2008/10/there-will-be-brawl-in-jokes-analysis.html

DEgan
Riff Raff

Posts : 3
Join date : 2008-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Aaand it just occurred to me...

Post  DEgan on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:26 am

Of course they killed off MewTwo, Pichu and Roy because they aren't in brawl... But the references to Mario's failed medical practice aren't just a ref to the game... its because he's Also not featured in Brawl... that's how they "killed off" Dr. Mario! Pretty Sneaky Sis!

DEgan
Riff Raff

Posts : 3
Join date : 2008-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:27 am

Nice article, but with a few inaccuracies- for example, the potion Luigi is drinking is the Warp Potion from Super Mario Bros. 2, "Hylian" refers to anyone and anything from Hyrule, not just Lake Hylia, "pigs" is really just a derogatory name for cops, "referee," I think, is a reference to Punch Out, not Strikers, and I think I may have missed a few. Good effort, though.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the corrections...

Post  DEgan on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:30 am

yeah, i think "pigs" are just cops too-and thanks for the punch out catch... there have been so many mario games, he's been virtually everything you can think of. Also, i never realized that the people of hyrule were called Hylians, thanks for that too. However, i do think the potion he's drinking is just a plain health potion... it wouldn't make any sense in the context of the scene if that was a warp potion-plus they never drank the warp potions, they would just create a door when you dropped them. So i'm sticking with the health potions.

DEgan
Riff Raff

Posts : 3
Join date : 2008-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:21 pm

The Warp Potion, I believe, is a reference to the Phanto who was chasing him through the door before. Plus, the beaker they use is exactly like the warp potion beaker.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  rockstarnick on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:14 pm

I think this picking apart every little thing post is proof we need episode 2.

rockstarnick
Toad Thug

Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-09-30
Age : 30
Location : Rochester, NY

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/nickypap55

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  gaiages on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:59 pm

rockstarnick wrote:I think this picking apart every little thing post is proof we need episode 2.

Well, also, it's just fun to see all the little nods the creators put in. It shows the effort and love they put into their product, at least in my opinion.

gaiages
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 111
Join date : 2008-09-28
Location : Florida

View user profile http://dentsinthewall.wordpess.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:13 pm

rockstarnick wrote:I think this picking apart every little thing post is proof we need episode 2.

That and we have way too much free time.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  solarsun on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:28 pm

I believe the potion was the door potion from Super Mario 2 *is playing that now actually*

solarsun
Toad Thug

Posts : 38
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 33
Location : Somewhere between life and death

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Stranger_Things_have_Happened/

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Sypher (AP) on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:49 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Young/Toon Link will be accounted for. In fact, that's one of my favorite scenes (in my brain anyway).

Young Link wasn't included with the killed off characters in episode one because he's IN Brawl, they just updated his look and gave him the worst name ever. Why didn't they just call him Young Link? Nintendo, what the hell.

I think they did that because the character, "Toon Link," is different from the normal Young Link. In Super Smash Bros Melee, (Even though they're the same person.) Adult Link represented Ocarina of Time, while Young Link represented Majora's Mask. (My favorite Zelda game by the way.)

So in Brawl, they pretty much changed the two representatives from the N64 era, to the gamecube era. Which would be of course, Toon Link, and Link from Twilight Princess. So I guess they had to make some sort of distinction between the two by name.

I remember when people were calling him Wind Waker Link, Though. Hoping that the word "Toon," wouldn't be put into the U.S. version.

Sypher (AP)
Toad Thug

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  rockstarnick on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 pm

Sypher (AP) wrote:
JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Young/Toon Link will be accounted for. In fact, that's one of my favorite scenes (in my brain anyway).

Young Link wasn't included with the killed off characters in episode one because he's IN Brawl, they just updated his look and gave him the worst name ever. Why didn't they just call him Young Link? Nintendo, what the hell.

I think they did that because the character, "Toon Link," is different from the normal Young Link. In Super Smash Bros Melee, (Even though they're the same person.) Adult Link represented Ocarina of Time, while Young Link represented Majora's Mask. (My favorite Zelda game by the way.)

So in Brawl, they pretty much changed the two representatives from the N64 era, to the gamecube era. Which would be of course, Toon Link, and Link from Twilight Princess. So I guess they had to make some sort of distinction between the two by name.

I remember when people were calling him Wind Waker Link, Though. Hoping that the word "Toon," wouldn't be put into the U.S. version.

Ya know, Id let that go and let them go with it in their idea. PUT OUT EPISODE 2 ALREADY!!!!

Haha Im not that antsy, but it would be nice for round 2.

rockstarnick
Toad Thug

Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-09-30
Age : 30
Location : Rochester, NY

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/nickypap55

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Sypher (AP) on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:23 pm

rockstarnick wrote:
Sypher (AP) wrote:
JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Young/Toon Link will be accounted for. In fact, that's one of my favorite scenes (in my brain anyway).

Young Link wasn't included with the killed off characters in episode one because he's IN Brawl, they just updated his look and gave him the worst name ever. Why didn't they just call him Young Link? Nintendo, what the hell.

I think they did that because the character, "Toon Link," is different from the normal Young Link. In Super Smash Bros Melee, (Even though they're the same person.) Adult Link represented Ocarina of Time, while Young Link represented Majora's Mask. (My favorite Zelda game by the way.)

So in Brawl, they pretty much changed the two representatives from the N64 era, to the gamecube era. Which would be of course, Toon Link, and Link from Twilight Princess. So I guess they had to make some sort of distinction between the two by name.

I remember when people were calling him Wind Waker Link, Though. Hoping that the word "Toon," wouldn't be put into the U.S. version.

Ya know, Id let that go and let them go with it in their idea. PUT OUT EPISODE 2 ALREADY!!!!

Haha Im not that antsy, but it would be nice for round 2.

I'm not trying to make them change their original ideas. I'm just giving my opinion on why they called him Toon Link in Brawl.

Personally, I don't see any reason to change anything going from what I said. Because in a sense, Toon Link and Young Link can be considered the same in the Smash Bros world. They just changed their appearance to match the newest additions.

Sypher (AP)
Toad Thug

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:24 am

Sypher (AP) wrote:...Majora's Mask. (My favorite Zelda game by the way.)

Majora's Mask? Really?

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Sypher (AP) on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:31 pm

Gorblax wrote:
Sypher (AP) wrote:...Majora's Mask. (My favorite Zelda game by the way.)

Majora's Mask? Really?

Yes, haha.

Even though most people seem to dislike the game, I really enjoyed it for what it was. Most of the time you'll likely to see someone go, "Ocarina of Time was the greatest Zelda ever!" But I'll be there to disagree.

Though since this isn't a Zelda based thread, I don't want to get into that.

Sypher (AP)
Toad Thug

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Though maybe a Majora reference would be cool in the series. Like, maybe in Ganondorf's office the mask could be hanging on the wall behind him.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Sypher (AP) on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:41 pm

Gorblax wrote:Though maybe a Majora reference would be cool in the series. Like, maybe in Ganondorf's office the mask could be hanging on the wall behind him.

I'd definitely crack a smile if they made a reference to Majora, or any of the elements/characters from that game.

Sypher (AP)
Toad Thug

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Crimsonneko on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:07 am

Joined the forum just to post this suggestion....I'm really tired, so sorry if it's not as awesome as I think it is atm. Anyway, if they did a Majora reference, it should totally be a small scandal with Link that he used to be a masked vigilante before becoming a cop, or something along those lines. That would be perfect.

Crimsonneko
Riff Raff

Posts : 1
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:01 pm

"Bowser and Dedede have gone into an open gang war! Officer Link, what are you going to do about all this?"

"Me? What do I look like, the goddamned Fierce Deity? We're gonna need some help on this one."

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Weldar on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:59 am

Sypher (AP) wrote:
Gorblax wrote:
Sypher (AP) wrote:...Majora's Mask. (My favorite Zelda game by the way.)

Majora's Mask? Really?

Yes, haha.

Even though most people seem to dislike the game, I really enjoyed it for what it was. Most of the time you'll likely to see someone go, "Ocarina of Time was the greatest Zelda ever!" But I'll be there to disagree.

Though since this isn't a Zelda based thread, I don't want to get into that.

I agree, Majora's Mask is also my favourite Zelda. Although I tend to find it isn't really that people don't like it. In my experience it usually sits somewhere in the middle of people's lists, they don't love it and they don't hate and, and thus people forget it. But when you remind them of it they're all like, Oh yeah that one, it was pretty cool.

But yeah, back on topic. I don't really have much to add, although perhaps if more murders are required the forbidden 7 would be good candidates for victims.

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 23
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Gorblax on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:27 am

No Zelda fan "hates" Majora's Mask, true enough. It really does sit on the middle of the list, when I think about it. For me, the list from best to worst is:

Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
A Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Phantom Hourglass
Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easter Eggs *Spoilers warning!*

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:41 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum