Thoughts on the First Episode

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thoughts on the First Episode

Post  pure_awesome on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 pm

Matt, I noticed on the cast page there are two more squares with question marks. I'm wondering a few things.

1. Does this mean that there are two more (non-puppet) characters that will make an appearance that are yet to be introduced? That would make for some interesting discussion.

2. Does this mean the roles aren't yet filled? If so, I'm sure in a week or so you'll have throngs of people rushing to apply.

3. Shouldn't you be there? Voice of Kirby?

Have you considered making the Mp3's available via purchase? They are great songs, and you guys do need money.

And I guess since everyone else is saying their own, I'll say mine: I desperately, desperately want Captain Falcon to make an appearance. He'll show his moves all over the damn place.

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RVSValve on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:42 pm

I really don't know what to say. I could sit here and ramble on about how incredible every little aspect is, but that would take too long. Simply put, I'm very impressed with what you've done.

One of my favorite parts was the introduction of Kirby. It was very Hannibal-esque. I half expected him to say, "Hello, Clarice."

I agree with dpalay about adding an RSS feed. It has become an invaluable tool for myself, and I'm sure for many others.

*edit* What was/is the budget for this endeavor?

RVSValve
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iseven on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:45 pm

so far so good. its getting interesting. doesn't really hook me completely like other web series, but i'll stay along for the ride =) anyway you can setup a newsletter type dealy to let me and other potential fans know when ep2 is out?

thanks.

keep up the great work =)

iseven
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iseven on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Nerdy wrote:Is there (or will there be) a Myspace page or anything like that to help promote your show?

MySpace is the dirt whole of the internets. Please don't go that route, just use something more sane, like Facebook.

iseven
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.coco on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 pm

"sonic boom" ring tone = most amazing thing ever!!

mr.coco
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:49 pm

iseven wrote:
Nerdy wrote:Is there (or will there be) a Myspace page or anything like that to help promote your show?

MySpace is the dirt whole of the internets. Please don't go that route, just use something more sane, like Facebook.

Lot of people in that dirt...thats all I'm saying.

Nerdy
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iseven on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Matthew Mercer wrote:
dpalay wrote:Is there a planned release schedule?)

We're trying for one episode a month, depending on funding and free-time, of course. Also, we will definitely be adding a page in the near future that will contain downloads for original music created for this project. Until then, the theme of Episode 1, "Mushroom Kingdom Nocture", is available for a short time via the Megaupload I posted on page 1.

For a schedule of one ep a month, I would say nay on it. Take your time, do it right the first time. Dont' rush it. Look at PurePwnage.com. They never have a schedule, they just release thier episodes when they feel its perfect. Look at them now, they have a HUGE fan base and tour all across canada and the US. Yes, the pressure of keeping fans unsatiable appetite off your back, but follow PurePwnage's and Blizzard Entertainment's way. Don't release it until it's ready and people will respect you for it when they see the results.

=) just my honest opinion.

iseven
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iseven on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Nerdy wrote:
iseven wrote:

/sigh

tis true. oh well. my dream of a MySpace-less intarweb shall nevar come true.. Sad

iseven
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:55 pm

iseven wrote:
Nerdy wrote:
iseven wrote:

/sigh

tis true. oh well. my dream of a MySpace-less intarweb shall nevar come true.. Sad

Cheer up, we both want the same thing...however as long as there are children and child predators, there will always be a MySpace.

Nerdy
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:55 pm

pure_awesome wrote:Matt, I noticed on the cast page there are two more squares with question marks. I'm wondering a few things.

1. Does this mean that there are two more (non-puppet) characters that will make an appearance that are yet to be introduced? That would make for some interesting discussion.

2. Does this mean the roles aren't yet filled? If so, I'm sure in a week or so you'll have throngs of people rushing to apply.

3. Shouldn't you be there? Voice of Kirby?

Have you considered making the Mp3's available via purchase? They are great songs, and you guys do need money.

And I guess since everyone else is saying their own, I'll say mine: I desperately, desperately want Captain Falcon to make an appearance. He'll show his moves all over the damn place.

Many, many more characters will be making appearances, from tiny cameos, to fully-involved personalities. The ???s were partially a reference to the SSBB website for unannounced characters, and to show where we will be unveiling future main characters as they appear in the series. As for me, well... I'll be up there in the future as another, more visual part. Wink

We might consider the music-for-money plan, but with internet piracy as rampant as it is, and this project being so low key, I think we'd just as soon put them up for free, but refer you to the donations page if you feel up to helping the project along.

iseven wrote:For a schedule of one ep a month, I would say nay on it. Take your time, do it right the first time. Dont' rush it. Look at PurePwnage.com. They never have a schedule, they just release thier episodes when they feel its perfect. Look at them now, they have a HUGE fan base and tour all across canada and the US. Yes, the pressure of keeping fans unsatiable appetite off your back, but follow PurePwnage's and Blizzard Entertainment's way. Don't release it until it's ready and people will respect you for it when they see the results.

=) just my honest opinion.

And we share that opinion! We aren't adhering to a strict schedule or anything, but I like to put at least some semblance of a deadline to push things along. People are lazy, hehe. So no specific dates, and they will come out when they are ready, but once a month (or 6 weeks) would be my goal.

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59 pm

otherhand wrote:I'm looking forward to what, if anything, you do with Ness and/or Lucas, since I'm a huge Earthbound/Mother fan.

Oh man, you are REALLY going to hate us.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pakpak:3 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:04 pm

wowwww my friend just showed me this
and i had to join in on the forum :3
nice job!!! srsly.. on the makeup, props, effects...
are you guys doing this for any profit or anything?

also,
HOLY SHIT KIRBY WHAT THE SHIT

pakpak:3
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iseven on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:08 pm

pakpak:3 wrote:
also,
HOLY SHIT KIRBY WHAT THE SHIT

heh. it makes sense. He likes to eat anything.

iseven
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prime 2.0 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 pm

I loved nearly every second of it. Wario especially; his acting, and the overall portrayal of his character was awesome.

The only thing I didn't like was when luigi took out his key to the apartment, and the mask came out to chase him. That was a bit over the top, and it seems out of place for the mushroom kingdom, given that that sort of thing only happened in Subcon. However, I figure you can keep the gag by instead, rather than having the mask appear and chase after luigi, the mask was his keychain. Sounds kind of dumb, but the way it is now looks dumb. Not like you're going to go out of your way to change it at this point.

Well those are my thoughts. Can't wait for the next one; maybe you could make a preview?

Prime 2.0
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pure_awesome on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:15 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:Oh man, you are REALLY going to hate us.

Your username is JohnnyMcBadass. I'm pretty sure it goes against the laws of physics to hate you, or something.

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 pm

pure_awesome wrote:

Your username is JohnnyMcBadass. I'm pretty sure it goes against the laws of physics to hate you, or something.

You have Calvin and Hobbes for your avatar. I love you like a brother.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Well, color me impressed. I've always been kicking around ideas like this- glad to see some likeminded individuals getting off their lazy asses and shelling out the time and money to make it work. Love how you dealt with the disappearance of Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo. Gone, but not forgotten. =(

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pure_awesome on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:41 pm

JohnnyMcBadass wrote:
pure_awesome wrote:

You have Calvin and Hobbes for your avatar. I love you like a brother.

Touche, sir. Boy, it's a good thing we aren't one account. If a username like JohnnyMcBadass and a Calvin and Hobbes avatar ever got together... well I don't know what would happen. But it would sure as hell disprove the existence of all other gods, that much is certain.

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:47 pm

I must agree with everyone else when I say a Captain Falcon appearance is absolutely mandatory. HIS MOVES MUST BE SHOWN!

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dpalay on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:45 am

On the topic of a budget,
Is there anywhere we can go to donate to the budget?
Are you planning on making DVD sales a-la Press Start Movie? Would said DVDs be available for pre-order?

dpalay
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:36 am

dpalay wrote:On the topic of a budget,
Is there anywhere we can go to donate to the budget?
Are you planning on making DVD sales a-la Press Start Movie? Would said DVDs be available for pre-order?

Ah! If you wish to donate to the budget of the film, you can follow the 1-Up page at http://therewillbebrawl.com/1up.asp .

DVD sales probably won't be possible, as the project is only functional as a non-profit parody (as most, if not all, of the content is SUPER licensed by Nintendo and other parties), though we are definitely considering making free DVDs for contest winners/biggest donations, etc.

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tree_ on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:05 am

Looking great, it has the making of being one of the best web series out. Keep up the good work guys.

Tree_
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blakeownsu on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 am

Just wanted to let you guys know I thought the first epi was great. just the right amount of dark humor. I love the gritty look to every thing. great work i look forward to the next one

blakeownsu
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Best webthing Evaarr!!!

Post  Sam I are on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:20 am

Anyway, this is probably the best thing I have seen in the way of visually produced game fiction with comedic overtones since RvB. Quite a wonderful acheivement for one episode. I was very skeptical at first, but was immediately floored. The story was strangley engrossing, the makeup was jaw-dropping, and the characters were, well, believable. A strange thing to say about an idea based in Nintendo fiction....perhaps.

As far as money problems go, I would consider talking to Nintendo about TWBB swag. It worked for RoosterTeeth.

(Donation as soon as I get the monies)

Sam I are
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just wow

Post  Spoofthemonkey on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:22 am

Kudos to you guys for such amazing execution and creativity. This subject matter is often plagued by silliness, horrible acting, and tons of other problems. From the opening scene, to the final shot of Kirby's face, I was thoroughly entertained and amazed at the general craftmanship. You guys are deserving of any and all praise you will get. Can't wait for the next one!

Spoofthemonkey
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top