Translation and Subs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Translation and Subs

Post  Gaminger on Tue May 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Hello TWBB Staff.

I'm not into the legal aspects of the production but i was watching episode 4 and 5 (for the second time now) and i was wondering how i could show this to my portuguese and german friends. Yep, you heard well, i'm portuguese myself and i also have german friends. All of them Nintendo Fans and i was wondering if i could help you out translating the episodes.

It does't seem to be that much dialog. What i am offering you, is that you give me... let's say a .txt file with the scripts of each aired episode (and maybe the lakitu specials) and i'll put a translated portuguese and german version together. Since i'm not into the technical stuff i don't know how to put subs on the videos and i guess you wouldn't want to send me them either. Anyway i'm offering this for free, i don't expect anything in return (well, i do, i sometimes don't get what the characters say because i'm not used to listen to english xD, but they speak loud enough, there is no problem with the speech, and having the script would help me out understand a few minor words... and maybe i'll get to get in contact with Becky (Samus) ^^).

In any case, this thread might be usefull for anyone intrested in helping out translating the script if you accept this offer.

Also, keep up the good work, it is awesome. I'd like to send some special congratulations to Matthew Mercer, who made an awesome performance as Ganondorf, as i said on the episode 5 discussion thread, it made me remember the Ganondorf from Wind Waker, it was well written and just great acting all together. Many thanks to the rest of the cool cast too Smile.

Gaminger
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Translation and Subs

Post  Cena on Wed May 27, 2009 5:05 pm

I find this to be an excellent idea. There should be either dubs or sub versions of episodes. I think it'd cut into production costs to hire a dub cast, so that's kinda out of the picture. Your idea of creating text files kinda works, though. Good idea.

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://twitter.com/pt_Cena

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed May 27, 2009 5:10 pm

I think Blue suggested the idea for subtitles a while back, but that, unfortunately, got shot down.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed May 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Yes, I did. Razz
Yes, it did. No

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed May 27, 2009 5:36 pm

Blue Madness wrote:Yes, I did. Razz
Yes, it did. No
A tear shed for downed hopes. Sad

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Wed May 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Gaminger wrote:Hello TWBB Staff.

I'm not into the legal aspects of the production but i was watching episode 4 and 5 (for the second time now) and i was wondering how i could show this to my portuguese and german friends. Yep, you heard well, i'm portuguese myself and i also have german friends. All of them Nintendo Fans and i was wondering if i could help you out translating the episodes.

It does't seem to be that much dialog. What i am offering you, is that you give me... let's say a .txt file with the scripts of each aired episode (and maybe the lakitu specials) and i'll put a translated portuguese and german version together. Since i'm not into the technical stuff i don't know how to put subs on the videos and i guess you wouldn't want to send me them either. Anyway i'm offering this for free, i don't expect anything in return (well, i do, i sometimes don't get what the characters say because i'm not used to listen to english xD, but they speak loud enough, there is no problem with the speech, and having the script would help me out understand a few minor words... and maybe i'll get to get in contact with Becky (Samus) ^^).

In any case, this thread might be usefull for anyone intrested in helping out translating the script if you accept this offer.

Also, keep up the good work, it is awesome. I'd like to send some special congratulations to Matthew Mercer, who made an awesome performance as Ganondorf, as i said on the episode 5 discussion thread, it made me remember the Ganondorf from Wind Waker, it was well written and just great acting all together. Many thanks to the rest of the cool cast too Smile.

Believe me, I would be all about this, if it was within my power to make that decision. Unfortunately, the Escapist contract gives them exclusive hosting rights to the episodes for 1 year after they debut, so you would have to take it up with them for approval. I can see what I can do about providing scripts, but we shall see what that bears.

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brawler The Hedgehog on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Well, I can wait a year and then I would like to handle the Spanish translation. A friend mine send a mail for that i guess.

Brawler The Hedgehog
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top