The Super Combined Episode 6 Discussion Thread

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Super Combined Episode 6 Discussion Thread

Post  banthesun on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:10 am

That was the best ending for any episode of anything ever. I can't think of a way that could be better. When I first saw the yoshis I loved them, and then to make them turn up again, more than epic!

banthesun
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranakel on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:31 am

Hell, the episode is good in itself, but, the fact that it was a sort of filler makes it all the more splendid. Because even so, we keep having a thick plot, and an overall sense of perfection, as everything makes sense as a reinterpretation of what happens in the original games -for instance, Mario abandonning Yoshi to keep going on-

Now i have even more theories on what is Ganon aiming at, who is the dismemberer, and so on, but am sure there are topics more adapted for it, so I will just praise you for your work here. You deserve it guys.

Ranakel
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  I Roam on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 am

Thank you everyone again for your support.

Cena wrote: There seem to be 2 different parties that vying for power. Two more episodes, folks!

That is inccorect!!! There are THREE episodes left. And more grillz to get into!

I Roam
Mario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bendyrulz on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:41 am

Yay, go karts

Bendyrulz
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:46 am

2) How does Jigglypuff magically go from Red's hand when he tries to hide him to the opening of his backpack?

Jiggs crawled in! He is a living thing after all, not an inanimate plush toy! No, he is fully capable of climbing into bags!

To answer Mentok's last question, I have no idea about Bowser's costume. I just sit back and let Matt work his millermercermagic when it comes to costumes and props.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 am

smashbro wrote:Great job on the ep. Dammit, I knew it was going to come out when I left. Whatever, better late than never.

Like seeing the appearance of Shiek, though it kinda throws off theories to dismemberer suspects... OR DOES IT?
Something I noticed with Jigglypuff and Red. 1) Kyle's hair looks longer (lol, nitpick) 2) How does Jigglypuff magically go from Red's hand when he tries to hide him to the opening of his backpack? and why did he even hide Jigglypuff (though I know I won't get an answer to the second one).
OMG, I think it was The Meta Knight that said something about Waluigi being cutesy, and I totally agree. It was... adorable, my new favorite character now. I guess I really like him cause I can relate to it pretty closely in my real life. "It's a Mario Party." Very Happy
Yoshies were funny. Mario riding the green one at the end was especially funny.
I liked how Lakitut got more face time outside of being a cloud. And throwing the spiney was funny too.

Overall, I though the episode was good, but I didn't really find anything that really screamed epicness like the other ones. Yeah, it advanced the plot and had its moments. Wasn't bad in any way, by any means. Still, great job.

Funny, this one was probably my favourite yet. Epic probably isn't the right word but I found it the most consistently awesome all the way through.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bendyrulz on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:13 am

That was a great episode, it was very funny. Especially when the toad was punching that spiky ball (forgot its name).

Great work guys!

Bendyrulz
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:32 am

yo that guy who plays saki is hawt

Chloe
Malon

View user profile http://www.chloed.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:43 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:I have one complaint, though: The special effects were a bit...lousy this time. Sheik's cloud of smoke looked a bit wrong, for example. I guess you can fix that somehow.

You and me both! That's what happens when it gets down to the wire, and you have 5 minutes to make a smoke effect before you HAVE to export and upload.

It'll be fixed with an updated episode soon!

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:58 am

smashbro wrote:Overall, I though the episode was good, but I didn't really find anything that really screamed epicness like the other ones. Yeah, it advanced the plot and had its moments. Wasn't bad in any way, by any means. Still, great job.

I understand where you're coming from. In the shadow of moments like DDD, Ganondorf's appearance or Mario vs DK, this ep. dedicated to moving the plot was a little less of an adrenaline moment. IMO the good times they used to flesh out characters like Pitt, Pokemon Trainer, Wario, WaLuigi, & Lakitu was definetely worthwhile. We even got a little more of a glimpse into Captain Falcon who might be a hero in the end (Plz Zach? Can the good Captain Show Us His Moves before the end?) & we finally got to see the Brothers acting like Brothers, giving them depth, style & personality (The Brothers are used to playing with fire...) Mario's pledge to go clean after they get back Peach shows that he still has his soul even if he's got nothing else & he cares about his friends.
This & the Ice Climbers are bat sh%*@7 crazy. Thanks Wario Razz

Edit: Its coo about the CGs Matt, gives it that Saturday Morning live action kids' movie kind of feel XD

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:15 am

What,Mario fights for his friends? Very Happy

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 am

zach also rises wrote:I just wanna give a little background on this episode. So stop reading now if you haven't seen eps five and six!

The Escapist informed us that we had an extra episode literally days before we shot the Dedede scenes. This was a problem in that the police were supposed to arrest Luigi and co at the end of five, and there would be no way to fit an extra episode between any two of the later episodes. So I had to figure out a way to get them out (easy - Little Mac for the assist!) and then get them arrested all over again (easy - Rodney King style beatdown!). The hard part was figuring out how to make their search journey interesting enough to follow up Dedede's pad. So it was pretty tough, but I hope it worked out!

So anyway, hopefully that's interesting to someone in the universe.
So... does this mean the events of this episode have no real significance on the overall story? Or do they just provide another angle on information we've already been given?

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Keep up the good work fellas. The episodes are magnificent!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Okay, now I watched the episode again...and I'll point out some really obvious things I think everyone noticed:

-Are the Toad cops beating up a Gordo at the beginning?
-Saki from Sin & Punishment spotted...as a cop. He also has one of the best lines ever.
-Yay for oldschool Mario pipe sounds!
-The Yoshi's portrayed like dogs. Hilarious. While their puppets aren't as great as Kirby, they still did the job well.
-Jurassic Park reference, "clever bitches". Nice.
-Sheik sneaking around like a ninja in this episode. This confuses me a lot, though. She's supposed to be Zelda, but it doesn't seem like her actor is the same as Zelda's. Zelda's actor has very recognisable eyes...but then again, Zelda does change her hair and eye colors in SSBB when she turns into Sheik.
-Lakitu. Just perfect. He's as fun as ever. The Hammer Bro and Shy Guy costumes were nice, too.
-Waluigi was also hilarious. He's portrayed as an asshole in Mario games, but here he's pretty lovable.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jwla on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 pm

I absolutely loved this episode! I liked seeing some of the minor characters--Mario enemies--portrayed in it. Shy/Fly Guys are some of my favorites from the entire series, I am glad I got to see one! Very Happy And Waluigi kept me laughing. Poor guy! Great stuff, as usual.

jwla
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://jwlashline.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wugia on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Was it just me or were rosalina and that cop mario fought pissing themselves laughing?

Wugia
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
-Sheik sneaking around like a ninja in this episode. This confuses me a lot, though. She's supposed to be Zelda, but it doesn't seem like her actor is the same as Zelda's. Zelda's actor has very recognizable eyes...but then again, Zelda does change her hair and eye colors in SSBB when she turns into Sheik.

Check the credits. They're different actresses. As I said before, might be nothing, might be something...

Chloe wrote:yo that guy who plays saki is hawt

This line works every time. Zack used it, so it must work!

"sup Saki how you doin baby boy"

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://twitter.com/pt_Cena

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryssa on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Wugia wrote:Was it just me or were rosalina and that cop mario fought pissing themselves laughing?
I wasn't laughing though it definitely looks like I am for some reason ~_~ THis is why I'm not an actor =p

Maryssa
Rosalina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Whoo, awesome episode. I'm with smashbro in that while I loved it, I don't think it quite held up to some of the earlier episodes. Here's what I've got so far.

The Sheik theory may still hold up, since its unclear if anyone knows that Sheik is Zelda. The timing allows for the possibility that DDD was going to meet with Zelda/Shiek and ended up getting murdered. Personally though, I don't think that's it. I find it odd that Link would be arguing with her over authority, and whether that argument concerned only field operations or the fact that Link controls the police force and therefore all the real power is up for debate. HMMM.

Don't call Mario a plumber.

When Luigi says that he had a run in with Ganon, the camera focuses on Pit, who goes into major shifty eyes mode. HMMMM.

lol at Jiggz. "It's a Mario party!" is the best line ever. I'd say the theory about Yoshi being the dismemberer are now kaput though. AND IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME WARIO GOT BACK ON SCREEN. Everything that guys says is pure gold.

Now that Wario's with the cops, they now know who DDD was meeting with, if they didn't already.

Lakitu seems awfully confident in Bowser's ability to kick ass. His little speech just upped the Bowser threat level from "Find a helmet" to "Put on the damn helmet."

I'm interested in seeing who Lakitu's source for political dirt is. Someone powerful and in the government...probably. HMMM.

It's nice to see Mario's softer side. "Alone? There are two Super Mario Brothers." Epic. I saw tears in Luigi's eyes there.

Sheik was definately aiming for Lakitu. HMMMMM.

Pit on the phone again. Tsk tsk tsk. And MAYBE he called Falcon. Just because he said he did doesn't mean that's who he was talking to. Case in point, Link and company corner Luigi's group inside the pipe, which I doubt they knew about before. (They were able to escape from DDD's place from there) Wario may or may not have known about it, but only Pit would be in a position to know that that'd be there number one escape route option. Or I'm totally over analyzing things and he called Falcon.

I think its safe to say "clever bitches" is a Jurassic Park reference. Yoshis, raptors, they're pretty similar as it is.

So, now we know why Wario was at the police station. Wewt.

And of course, the funniest ending ever.

Epic as always guys, keep it up.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wugia on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Maryssa wrote:
Wugia wrote:Was it just me or were rosalina and that cop mario fought pissing themselves laughing?
I wasn't laughing though it definitely looks like I am for some reason ~_~ THis is why I'm not an actor =p

Yeah you definitely looked like you were. Razz
Even if you weren't, the cop certainly was.

Wugia
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lucasman on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:34 pm

So this may be obvious to everyone, but Toon Link is the only playable character we haven't seen or heard about. I don't think he's going to be some crucial character, but at this point he's bound to do something interesting for the plot.

Another thing I'm still wondering about is how we haven't seen any more of Kirby since the kidnapping. The princess leaving the case file with Kirby is a pretty big dangler that has been put off long enough to slip our minds. The fact that Link wouldn't let Luigi talk to him might mean Kirby came up with something that Link doesn't wanna share, which means Link would be/know who the killer is.

At least we've seen what Wario was doing there now. That scene was really bothering me for just that reason, and I'm glad they didn't explain it away as a random encounter.

lucasman
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spookythings on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:35 pm

great episode, even tho you guys had to throw it together into the storyline it does a great deal of adding to the feel of the show. Mario's fall, there relation to wario. Just so much cool things that made it well worth it. The yoshi's lol and the last 5 seconds of it was just great.

Spookythings
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Say hi to Zach everyone :3 -----------------------v

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:04 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:
So... does this mean the events of this episode have no real significance on the overall story? Or do they just provide another angle on information we've already been given?

Every episode is significant to the overall story.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:13 pm

That thing in his hands... wussat? If those are handcuffs... you're doin it wrong. Suspect

Eiron wrote:Lakitu seems awfully confident in Bowser's ability to kick ass. His little speech just upped the Bowser threat level from "Find a helmet" to "Put on the damn helmet."
This gets total props for a Ron White quote.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top