The Super Combined Episode 6 Discussion Thread

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Super Combined Episode 6 Discussion Thread

Post  Serras-Kai on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:20 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:

That thing in his hands... wussat? If those are handcuffs... you're doin it wrong. Suspect
He's Saki. He'll do whatever he damn well pleases.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spirehouse on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:36 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:

That thing in his hands... wussat? If those are handcuffs... you're doin it wrong. Suspect

They're sunglasses.

spirehouse
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile http://spirehouse.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Serras-Kai wrote:
The Meta Knight wrote:

He's Saki. He'll do whatever he damn well pleases.

Stand back everyone, I'm taking his mind!

MENTOK SAYS... give me your clothes, your boots... and whatever it is in your hand Razz

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vani on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Huzzah to episode 6!! I'm so glad I got to live my dream of finally riding a yoshi! Very Happy

Everyone worked so hard, and I'm excited to see the final cut!! Bravo!

Vani
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jderig on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:03 am

Best. Episode. Ever.

Seriously, Waluigi is my favorite bit portrayal now. And Mario gets up in even more people's grills. I just can't believe how awesome this was. Well done.

jderig
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:16 am

I really liked this episode. Not just because it's new and builds upon the story, but I loved how it revisited a lot of characters who I felt deserved more time to explore. Wario we knew would be back from the few production pictures, but I was also really glad to see more of Pit (so far he is one of my favorite characters,) If in fact Shiek and Zelda are one in the same this gives us much more depth into her character as well. Link's frustrated yelling at her shows us that obviously she is the one in control here, Link was just a puppet for her to take power.
Speaking of Link, I would actually like for us to see more of him. I'm sure after Luigi and Samus are taken into police custody we will get that chance. Ness and Lucas and Captain Falcon are also characters that I would love to see make a return appearance. I would hope that Pit's phone call will ensure that The Captain will return.

Now as for the episode itself I feel that this one is really getting into the groove of things. Seeing are team of protagonists, running from the law while also piecing together the mystery is very exciting. Lakitu is clearly a fan favorite, and it's awesome that he got to be in this episode not as a newsman, but as a real player in the unfolding drama. I wasn't to excited about seeing Waluigi as a mentally handicapped comic relief, which can easily become really offensive. I felt, however, that the act did well to parody Waluigi's actual role in the Mario series of only being involved for frivolous side games (Mario Party, Tennis, Kart).

So bravo cast and crew of TWBB, and i can't wait to see where you take this series next episode Smile

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:22 am

SurgePox wrote:I really liked this episode. Not just because it's new and builds upon the story, but I loved how it revisited a lot of characters who I felt deserved more time to explore. Wario we knew would be back from the few production pictures, but I was also really glad to see more of Pit (so far he is one of my favorite characters,) If in fact Shiek and Zelda are one in the same this gives us much more depth into her character as well. Link's frustrated yelling at her shows us that obviously she is the one in control here, Link was just a puppet for her to take power.
Speaking of Link, I would actually like for us to see more of him. I'm sure after Luigi and Samus are taken into police custody we will get that chance. Ness and Lucas and Captain Falcon are also characters that I would love to see make a return appearance. I would hope that Pit's phone call will ensure that The Captain will return.

Now as for the episode itself I feel that this one is really getting into the groove of things. Seeing are team of protagonists, running from the law while also piecing together the mystery is very exciting. Lakitu is clearly a fan favorite, and it's awesome that he got to be in this episode not as a newsman, but as a real player in the unfolding drama. I wasn't to excited about seeing Waluigi as a mentally handicapped comic relief, which can easily become really offensive. I felt, however, that the act did well to parody Waluigi's actual role in the Mario series of only being involved for frivolous side games (Mario Party, Tennis, Kart).

So bravo cast and crew of TWBB, and i can't wait to see where you take this series next episode Smile

You mostly just said everything I wanted to say but was to lazy to say it.

Yes, Bravo Cast and Crew! Smile

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:02 am

hmm now Luigi and co. will probably be transported to jail, or even the asylum, we can has moar Kirby? or Squirtle?

Riding Yoshi was epic, as well as the Mario Party comment from Waluigi.

Only playable characters left to make a appearance are Toon Link and Bowser. Somehow I think Toon Link will end up being the voice in Links head, that'd be funny.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:51 am

I'm hoping really hard that we get to see some Bowser brand flame breath! Twisted Evil
-had the sudden image in his head of Mario (I Roam) spinning Bowser by the tail all around his mansion... den... airship... thing- Laughing

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darkageis on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:40 am

loved it!!! even if it has been said several times before i loved the closing scene, bravo mario no one does insane dino riding quite like that!

i like how waluigi seems to be wario's slow brother adds a bit of soul to wario, maybe explains why he does all the dodgy deals. only way he can afford to protect his brother.

even more samus screen time.......................

awesome.....................

darkageis
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:51 am

I also liked how you guys fixed Samus' gun. That bugged the shit outta me in episode 5.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:55 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:I'm hoping really hard that we get to see some Bowser brand flame breath! Twisted Evil
-had the sudden image in his head of Mario (I Roam) spinning Bowser by the tail all around his mansion... den... airship... thing- Laughing

XD @ imagine Very nice. =D And yes, that would be cool to see, MENTOK. ^.^

Make Believe Is Great! =D
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Everything I wanted to say has been said, except this: Every time I heard Waluigi speak, I was reminded of Ray Romano. Anyone else hear that?

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  darkageis on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:01 pm

AdmiralMemo wrote:Everything I wanted to say has been said, except this: Every time I heard Waluigi speak, I was reminded of Ray Romano. Anyone else hear that?

now you mention it.....

darkageis
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:38 pm

For those who didn't recognize him, Waluigi is played by Jeff Lewis, otherwise known as "Vork" on the webseries "The Guild".

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:58 pm

When will Cast page, and downloads page be updated?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDeth on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Best last minute episode of anything, ever. Bummed I didn't get to see Bowser, and now I'm REALLY bummed 'cause I have a feeling that I wont be seeing him until probably the last episode. Also, the 'buddhist' comment Luigi made way back has been nagging at the back of my mind, despite Lakitu's promises that Bowser is going to throw some major shit at the fan. Is Bower only reglious on the weekends, or what?

Waluigi was win.

About who Pit called... only Pit (well, the writer if you want to be literal) knows who he exactly he called, and his comment when Wario appears was either what was to be expected if he had called "the Captain" or a good cover. ANYWAYS, the thing that I wanted to point out was that we've seen Pit make a phone call before, and it wasn't to the Captain... Either way though, it's clear that Pit and Falcon are in with Ganon, so whatever they know, our Pikmin-guro enthusiast knows, too.

Liked the tender moment Mario had with Luigi. Shame what happened with the Yoshis though...

I'm guessing Marth helps Luigi & co. He does kinda owe it to him...

Awesome job as always everyone. Now to mope for a month as I wait. Sad

JayDeth
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:23 pm

I thought Pit was with D3?

I think Luigi was taken to Ganon as a seperate deal.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDeth on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:38 pm

Eh, I don't know. Pit makes a call when Luigi leaves and he just happens to get picked up by Ganon's doods? But you're right, I'd forgotten Luigi & co had picked up Pit when he was pal-in' around at DeDeDe's place. Now I'm confused. x_x

JayDeth
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:01 pm

JayDeth wrote:Eh, I don't know. Pit makes a call when Luigi leaves and he just happens to get picked up by Ganon's doods? But you're right, I'd forgotten Luigi & co had picked up Pit when he was pal-in' around at DeDeDe's place. Now I'm confused. x_x

Just as Zach was hoping for I'm sure lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:23 pm

JayDeth wrote:
I remember posting this once. It may have been in the dismemberer thread but I'm not too sure other than that I think I used that as justification for Yoshi going insane and possibly being the dismemberer. I guess I was right on one part... he/they seem insane.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:38 pm

JayDeth wrote:Eh, I don't know. Pit makes a call when Luigi leaves and he just happens to get picked up by Ganon's doods? But you're right, I'd forgotten Luigi & co had picked up Pit when he was pal-in' around at DeDeDe's place. Now I'm confused. x_x

Pit could easily be playing both sides of the field.

In more ways then one ;D

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:43 pm

SurgePox wrote:

In more ways then one ;D

In such a depraved world it's a wonder why Samus hasn't flown away in her spaceship and why Pit hasn't flown back up to his little paradise in the clouds..... I guess those are the questions you don't ask in shows as it's detrimental to explaining why the characters are even there D8

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MOTION!)

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:46 pm

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
SurgePox wrote:

In more ways then one ;D

In such a depraved world it's a wonder why Samus hasn't flown away in her spaceship and why Pit hasn't flown back up to his little paradise in the clouds..... I guess those are the questions you don't ask in shows as it's detrimental to explaining why the characters are even there D8

Samus' ship is in need of repairs and she has no money for it. Which is why she is striping, and Pit love Captain Falcon way to much to leave.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Good point.. though Samus could just take what she needed, being a bounty hunter and all.
-disappears in a cloud of mind dust-

-also known as going back in his box-

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top