The Super Combined Episode 6 Discussion Thread

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Super Combined Episode 6 Discussion Thread

Post  SavageD49 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:56 pm

HAHA Mario riding Yoshi was just classic right there at the end.

Although I am curiously wondering are Sheik and Zelda the same person in this show, strange how Link was talking to her and all cause he clearly doesn't seem to know that they are one in the same asking If Zelda gave her that authority.

SavageD49
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:03 pm

The Captain must show us his moves before the series is complete.

HAHA Mario riding Yoshi was just classic right there at the end.
This. Totally made me laugh out loud. And yes, that deserved spelling out LOL because it was just that awesome.

Although I am curiously wondering are Sheik and Zelda the same person in this show, strange how Link was talking to her and all.
Well, technically, Link doesn't know... if Zach/Matt keep that continuity from the video games well, that'd be all sorts of interesting right there.

Waluigi was just... wow... was he retarded (meant in the mental handicap way)? For fan service, excessive reference dropping, and over all cuteness (a word I rarely use) Waluigi is the MVP of this episode. This also retroactively makes Mario comment in Ep1 to be more assholeish than ever.

Suspect So Lakitu... I see what you did there Twisted Evil

Fuck, this means that both my theories about Yoshi and Sheik are dead in the water. Sad God Dammit Neutral

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 pm

in Legend of zelda Ocarina of time link finds out at the end of the game

lets just say their is a reson he didn't get the triforce of wisdom

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SavageD49 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 pm

By the way did everyone else notice in the episode there is a weird cute after luigi says no more blood shed and then something about saving marths partner. Also why did luigi glow?

SavageD49
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:

Fuck, this means that both my theories about Yoshi and Sheik are dead in the water. Sad God Dammit Neutral
well all sheik did this episode is let our heros get away the first time at Dedede's bar and hit luigi with a ninja nidle with a calming agent on the tip no lines

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:24 pm

This whole ep. was win. There was not a single moment where I wasn't like, NOT paying attention wide eyed. And to boot...

- Maryssa, you got more screen time, w00t w00t~ Razz

- Shiek. Fuck. Yes. Shiek. Dare I say Shiek 'ninja'd' the episode? Thank you for that, seriously didn't think she was going to play so much of a pivotal role like she did, but it worked. & yah, Link + Zelda/Shiek, he knows who she is. & yah, it is the same actress as Zelda, the eyes have it :X Where's mah smokey bomb?!

- Paul. You are now on the same level as David Caruso for my lifetime role model. I'm beginning to think you can get in anyone's grill & be a total bad@$$. All that, & you got to punk Yoshis. Savage XD. Not to say Matt-Luigi ain't a sav, but man, Luigi's gonna have to get some payback on some corrupt 5-0 next episode....

- Great cameo & performances from Kyle, Stephen as Hammer Bro. & Waluigi (sorry, don't know the actors name :/); saw Jigglypuff, got to play in a Mario Party & Karts XD & thanks for you guys pointing out that was Saki, was like, 'Who the f*@^ is that, he looks so familiar....'

- Becky, you are one bad (Shut yo mouth!) If anyone should be hit up for a live action Metroid movie, couldn't think of anyone else but you to fill in for Samus' Power Suit. Got the style & the sass, can't wait to see what else the story has in line for you (& everyone else for that matter)

- Storywise, guess we can all say that the Hyrulians were behind it after all....& does anyone think Gannon is still helping them out? IMO sure doesn't seem like it, but if Link & Zelda/Shiek take all the glory & power, what's left for Gannon to do? Also, it looks like the Po-Po are out to arrest/contain Gannon too....Gotta give the Don Gannon props tho, ninja-ing his way through the Mushroom Kingdom still making powerplays like he is. Now its time to see how The Koopas will take this.....
Can't give you all enough praise for your hard work guys ^^ Everyone gets a round on the house!

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:27 pm

DRTJR wrote:
The Meta Knight wrote:

well all sheik did this episode is let our heros get away the first time at Dedede's bar and hit luigi with a ninja nidle with a calming agent on the tip no lines
Yeah but my theories were more about the how and the why, than the who. (a great band, btw)

@Savage -- deku nut. Smile

Also, can I just say that having Lakitu fail epicly at attacking the Mario Bros, but win at hurting Pit, was absolutely hysterical.

Furthermore.... fuck, really thought I had my theories holding up. Well, part of the Yoshi one was true. Mario did abandon Yoshi (to Wario).

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Did anyone else notice that they listed a completely different actress as Shiek than the one playing Zelda? Might be something, might be nothing...

Also, Saki's line regarding Mario was so gawdam epic. And GIVE ISAAC MOAR SCREEN TIME MAYBE A LINE KTHX

Overall, awesome episode. There seem to be 2 different parties that vying for power. Two more episodes, folks!

((Also, I'm sad! Maryssa got limited screentime! ><))

Maryssa wrote:
zach also rises wrote:I would stick this thread in the butt
Well now that's just inappropriate.

I see what you did there. ;3

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://twitter.com/pt_Cena

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:49 pm

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:I never knew Bowser to be the subtle type, he was usually all for the grande display and collateral damage entrance/exit's.. having said that he certainly seems to have changed from his pre-TWBB counterpart.. which is interesting considering he hasn't been shown yet IMO. Smile

EDIT: Also loved the severed yoshi head at the end Twisted Evil
Also... who's Saki? Question Please excuse my lack of knowing.

I think you misunderstood something (probably mistook 'skulking in the shadows' to mean Bowser instead of Ganon). Because in no way was Bowser referenced as subtle.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:16 am

zach also rises wrote:
MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:I never knew Bowser to be the subtle type, he was usually all for the grande display and collateral damage entrance/exit's.. having said that he certainly seems to have changed from his pre-TWBB counterpart.. which is interesting considering he hasn't been shown yet IMO. Smile

I think you misunderstood something (probably mistook 'skulking in the shadows' to mean Bowser instead of Ganon). Because in no way was Bowser referenced as subtle.

It seems you were very careful not to convey that in any episodes Zach Smile Without me seeing the whole picture I was just commenting that there seems to be a lot of unknown elements that point to Bowser and that it was odd that his appearance has yet to be made. Bowser wasn't typically known for being reclusive, I thought he'd be making the most noise out of all the don's once things started falling apart. Again, this is all just in my opinion. Great work still! What a Face

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:31 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
zach also rises wrote:

It seems you were very careful not to convey that in any episodes Zach Smile Without me seeing the whole picture I was just commenting that there seems to be a lot of unknown elements that point to Bowser and that it was odd that his appearance has yet to be made. Bowser wasn't typically known for being reclusive, I thought he'd be making the most noise out of all the don's once things started falling apart. Again, this is all just in my opinion. Great work still! What a Face

God... I wish I wasn't so screwy right now. XD I have yet to see this episode and I am unable to with the condition I am in. XD(I think I am missing a lot here. >.<)

Make Believe Is Great! =D
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:50 am

I just wanna give a little background on this episode. So stop reading now if you haven't seen eps five and six!

The Escapist informed us that we had an extra episode literally days before we shot the Dedede scenes. This was a problem in that the police were supposed to arrest Luigi and co at the end of five, and there would be no way to fit an extra episode between any two of the later episodes. So I had to figure out a way to get them out (easy - Little Mac for the assist!) and then get them arrested all over again (easy - Rodney King style beatdown!). The hard part was figuring out how to make their search journey interesting enough to follow up Dedede's pad. So it was pretty tough, but I hope it worked out!

So anyway, hopefully that's interesting to someone in the universe.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:53 am

zach also rises wrote:I just wanna give a little background on this episode. So stop reading now if you haven't seen eps five and six!

The Escapist informed us that we had an extra episode literally days before we shot the Dedede scenes. This was a problem in that the police were supposed to arrest Luigi and co at the end of five, and there would be no way to fit an extra episode between any two of the later episodes. So I had to figure out a way to get them out (easy - Little Mac for the assist!) and then get them arrested all over again (easy - Rodney King style beatdown!). The hard part was figuring out how to make their search journey interesting enough to follow up Dedede's pad. So it was pretty tough, but I hope it worked out!

If I count as a someone then it is interesting to someone in the universe. Thanks for the info

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spirehouse on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:54 am

Jawesome, way to think on your feet!

spirehouse
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile http://spirehouse.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:57 am

zach also rises wrote:I just wanna give a little background on this episode. So stop reading now if you haven't seen eps five and six!

so wait, does that mean the Lakitu segment was added as well or was that always in? If you can answer of course

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 am

zach also rises wrote:

Sorry, what are you saying I was very careful not to convey? I don't wanna give away anything but I do like to answer questions.

The reasons for Bowser's lack of appearance will be made clear, do not worry.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:13 am

zach also rises wrote:
zach also rises wrote:

Sorry, what are you saying I was very careful not to convey? I don't wanna give away anything but I do like to answer questions.

The reasons for Bowser's lack of appearance will be made clear, do not worry.

What I meant was your last post seemed very firm "Because in no way was Bowser referenced as subtle". Seemed like you had actively taken steps in the script to avoid that distinction being made, though this might all be a miniscule point. Embarassed

I guess one question I could ask (since you like them Very Happy) is what made you decide to save Bowser till last to make an appearance? -isn't prying for details on anything past episode 6-

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:36 am

Cuz you gotta save the biggest and baddest for last!

Also I would be lying if I didn't say that costuming concerns were not considered. That fucker's gonna be tough.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 am

zach also rises wrote:Cuz you gotta save the biggest and baddest for last!

Also I would be lying if I didn't say that costuming concerns were not considered. That fucker's gonna be tough.
I would have to agree on that with how you go about piecing the attire together. XD

Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:41 am

Aye! Bowser IS the Koopa King!

One more question please, can you confirm whether or not Bowser will be puppeteered or be done by one person in an awesome Bowser costume? Shocked

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say please, but then remembered hence the edit)

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:45 am

Aye! Bowser IS the Koopa King!

One more question please, can you confirm whether or not Bowser will be puppeteered or be done by one person in an awesome Bowser costume? Shocked

XD Ah, even though this isn't my question... I would like to add a thought to it. Which is, "Or the costume being in two pieces like a horse head and the ass?" XD I think that would be funny.. But it would have to co-exsist with the concept of the script and ideas you guys have. XD

Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:53 am

Dude.....I may be a little tipsy right now, but how would someone go about auditioning for the role? Razz This has piqued my interest & the costume is all good, big, heavy, hot, its all good, I'll even work pro-bono XD

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:01 am

I don't know if anyone else caught the Jurassic Park reference but Clever Bitches was a homage to the line Clever Girl in Jurassic park.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:17 am

Great job on the ep. Dammit, I knew it was going to come out when I left. Whatever, better late than never.

Like seeing the appearance of Shiek, though it kinda throws off theories to dismemberer suspects... OR DOES IT?
Something I noticed with Jigglypuff and Red. 1) Kyle's hair looks longer (lol, nitpick) 2) How does Jigglypuff magically go from Red's hand when he tries to hide him to the opening of his backpack? and why did he even hide Jigglypuff (though I know I won't get an answer to the second one).
OMG, I think it was The Meta Knight that said something about Waluigi being cutesy, and I totally agree. It was... adorable, my new favorite character now. I guess I really like him cause I can relate to it pretty closely in my real life. "It's a Mario Party." Very Happy
Yoshies were funny. Mario riding the green one at the end was especially funny.
I liked how Lakitut got more face time outside of being a cloud. And throwing the spiney was funny too.

Overall, I though the episode was good, but I didn't really find anything that really screamed epicness like the other ones. Yeah, it advanced the plot and had its moments. Wasn't bad in any way, by any means. Still, great job.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:30 am

Yeah, this wasn't just as awesome as the perfect epicness of episode 5, but it was much funnier. The final scene made me laugh out really loud this time, when they usually are just dramatic cliffhangers.
The scene where they confront Lakitu was just awesome.

I have one complaint, though: The special effects were a bit...lousy this time. Sheik's cloud of smoke looked a bit wrong, for example. I guess you can fix that somehow.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top