I CHALLENGE YOU TO MORTAL KOMBAT!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I CHALLENGE YOU TO MORTAL KOMBAT!

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:03 am

Alrighty, this is purely an "off the cuff" game idea. But I'll test the waters and see how it goes, think of it as a radically altered version of "Rock, Paper, Scissors", "The Ban Game" and "Videogame Trivia" rolled all into one. Rules are simple, I'll start by posting a Character, whoever posts next posts the name of another character that has beaten the above character in combat or in some other fashion (Mario Party isn't always combat orientated.. right?).

This continues until either the idea just falls through, a stalemate is reached or possibly a dozen other reasons, the character doesn't have to be from the same "universe" as the one above. Such as Spiderman beating up Ryu (Marvel vs Capcom), nor does the character have to of defeated them in a canon sense, though odds are there may be a stalemate or two.

When this happens the person that last posted gets 1 point, then they post a new character and the game continues until another stalemate is reached. First one to say...... 5 points wins the game and gets a prize?

RULES SIMPLY: Must state where the character you posted got into conflict with the above character, pictures aren't neccersary though may help if the character is very old or not well known.

You cannot use a character from the same game, tv show, movie as the above.
Eg: Poster A: Squirtle - Pokemon Blue (Gameboy)/ Poster B: Pikachu - Pokemon Blue (Gameboy)X
Poster A: Squirtle - Pokemon Blue (Gameboy)/ Poster B: Pikachu - Pokemon Cartoon Series (TV)!

24 hours must have elapsed before a stalemate can be declared.. for simplicities sake.

First Combatant: Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic The Hedgehog videogame)

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO MORTAL KOMBAT!

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:07 am

Second Combatant: Me

Squirtle from TWBB

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 am

Third combatant, Pikachu (pokemon blue)

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Koopa on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:12 am

Fourth Combatant, Charizard (Pokemon cartoon)

Did I do it right?

Larry Koopa
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:16 am

Fifth Combatant, Mew-Two (Pokemon Movie) Pwned Charizard soon as he came out of his pokeball, at least in the movie.

Yesh that's the way Larry! This hasn't exactly gone the way I planned it would, not much in the ways of description but I think people will get the idea soon enough. Smile For the sake of getting the ball rolling, will let Smashbro's post slide since Squirtle has (thus far) never met Sonic, specially on 'TWBB' let alone fought him. Razz

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:21 am

*Uses Squirtle punches and tail whips to keep MewTwo at bay. Followed by a few head butts and then aerial backflips. Charges water gun, then targets Sonic and smacks with a full-shell tackle. Follows with aerial kicks off the stage. Returns with waterfall, nullifying an attack by Pikachu. Uses water gun to push Sonic farther away, rendering him unable to grab the ledge.*

What do you mean by let this slide?

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:37 am

Just to itirate for future posts, the character a poster.. posts, MUST have met the above character in some form or capacity to be an eligible contender.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:43 am

Ok, I get now. And I understand what you meant by the slide before. Though you meant Sonic from a sonic game, Squirtle could still slide cause they "met" in Brawl. But the DND on is wtf.

Question, do we even make descriptions of pwnage or bring back mentioned characters (like I did) or what?

Edit: Modded Null's DND post.

Last edited by smashbro on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:44 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:

Just to itirate for future posts, the character a poster.. posts, MUST have met the above character in some form or capacity to be an eligible contender.

Hmmm... So, basically the same kind of stats? Such as not being an overpowered character? They kind of have to level out? o.0

Make Believe Is Great! =D
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:47 am

smashbro wrote:Ok, I get now. And I understand what you meant by the slide before. Though you meant Sonic from a sonic game, Squirtle could still slide cause they "met" in Brawl. But the DND on is wtf.

Question, do we even make descriptions of pwnage or bring back mentioned characters (like I did) or what?

Aye, so long as they have met in some shape or form it's fair game. So Sonic from STH.videogame being bested by Squirtle from SSBB works! Then it goes on from there Smile Descriptions can be made if desired, the DnD is indeed a wtf contender as none of the combatants listed thus far have met it.

TIPS: Look for someone to use a character where you can then post a character of your own that has beat them in a canon fashion.

You also cannot use the same character twice, even if referencing from a different game or origin.

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:53 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
smashbro wrote:Ok, I get now. And I understand what you meant by the slide before. Though you meant Sonic from a sonic game, Squirtle could still slide cause they "met" in Brawl. But the DND on is wtf.

Aye, so long as they have met in some shape or form it's fair game. So Sonic from STH.videogame being bested by Squirtle from SSBB works! Then it goes on from there Smile Descriptions can be made if desired, the DnD is indeed a wtf contender as none of the combatants listed thus far have met it.

Oh, okay. Embarassed I thought you met "any" type of character from T.V movies, books, etc. But now I see. But hey... it would be kind of funny to have a Tarrasque walk in and just pick up anyone or anything like food on a fast food menu. >.< Eat and run. Razz

And so people know what you are talking about... I am reposting my original post as an example only.

BeatAway =D wrote:This is a very interesting concept. So to get things going, I am game. =)

The Tarrasque grabs a hold of all around.Eats you, eats everything. Then goes back to sleep between two to four months, to up to sixteen years. XD

For those who aren't familar with the Tarrasque, it's a creature of Dungeons and Dragons. Here's a link to anyone that is interested in looking it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrasque_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)

Last edited by BeatAway =D on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:54 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:Fifth Combatant, Mew-Two (Pokemon Movie) Pwned Charizard soon as he came out of his pokeball, at least in the movie.
To get back into synch. clown

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:02 am

I choose Todd snap (pokemon snap) to blind mewtwo with flashy photography.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:04 am

I choose Ditto, because he can trick you into snapping ones you already have.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:06 am

Fobby wrote:I choose Ditto, because he can trick you into snapping ones you already have.

What game are you referencing Ditto from Fobby? Because pokemon blue's already been taken and you can't use Pokemon Snap because that was just taken too. Laughing

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Koopa on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 am

SurgePox wrote:I choose Todd snap (pokemon snap) to blind mewtwo with flashy photography.

Sly dog. tongue

Larry Koopa
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:12 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:What game are you referencing Ditto from Fobby? Because pokemon blue's already been taken and you can't use Pokemon Snap because that was just taken too. Laughing

This doesn't matter, Nintendo's milking out the cash anyway.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:18 am

Tentacruel (Pokemon Stadium) Because water beats dirt covered ditto's.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Make Believe Is Great! =D on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:20 am

*watches in the shadows for a chance to make a move, but for the most part is enjoying reading what the others have come up with* ^.^

Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Koopa on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Outlasts Tentacruel with Kirby by power of starman! Invincibility! - Super Smash Bros

Larry Koopa
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:41 am

smashbro wrote:Returns with waterfall, nullifying an attack by Pikachu. Uses water gun to push Sonic farther away, rendering him unable to grab the ledge.*

B& for edgehog.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top