Most overrated games

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Most overrated games

Post  Sanosukesama on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:14 pm

The entire sports game genre is overrated in my opinion. I understand that a lot of players are deep down inside atheletes spiritually, & I respect that, but at the same time I worry about their intellect. Now that we live in the age of patches & updates, EA & others (such as Konami's Winning Eleven soccer series) should just release one base version, & patch/update new features, roster changes, & other such items. Madden series has already been able to update in real time (through a connection to the Weather Channel) weather in actual stadiums provided you're connected to PSN/XBox Live. They also had in NBA Live 09 an access code that updated actual rosters in real time so if players were injured or not playing, they would follow suit in-game. So why year after year is it necessary to shell out another $60 for menial changes? Bottom line, these like all series will have their rabbid fanbases but seriously, they will catch on if these franchises continue without massive groundbreaking changes & the answer to mediocrity is right at their fingertips....

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Oh, wow.

I'll agree on Assassin's Creed, it was a really good game, but the hype it received was INCREDIBLE. I think it was just ground-breaking at the time.

I didn't play much into Final Fantasy VII. It was my favorite FF game so far, but you're right, the hype is unnecessary. Advent Children and all the other spin-offs were just silly.

Golden Sun was just another RPG, but with flashy visuals. For the GBA, flashy visuals were pretty damn amazing.

Apart from that...what the heck? I love Halo to death, it took quite a while for it to get boring, and after a few weeks I'll stop being bored. The multiplayer is great, the only downside is the retards you'll find online sometimes.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lanceb on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:47 pm

OmicronAustin wrote:
The multiplayer is great, the only downside is the retards you'll find online sometimes.

That is the main reason I don't like Halo. It's a fun shooter which you can get together with your buddies to play once in a while but god does it attract immature 12 year-old's. It's definitely one of the worst in the aspect. The thing is I see why Halo is fun but Unreal tournament 3 does the same but a lot faster with a ton of more stuff.

lanceb
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaeley on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:50 am

lanceb wrote: That is the main reason I don't like Halo. It's a fun shooter which you can get together with your buddies to play once in a while but god does it attract immature 12 year-old's.

That was the thing -- it's a fun game to play now and then, but when it's the only thing on three televisions for six hours over at all of your friends' houses it gets to be a problem. I think I tried using the headphones for online interaction exactly once before my ears blistered and fell off my head.

Chaeley
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am

Eiron wrote:Halo. Definitely.

Topic was pretty much over right here.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:The entire sports game genre is overrated in my opinion. I understand that a lot of players are deep down inside atheletes spiritually, & I respect that, but at the same time I worry about their intellect. Now that we live in the age of patches & updates, EA & others (such as Konami's Winning Eleven soccer series) should just release one base version, & patch/update new features, roster changes, & other such items. Madden series has already been able to update in real time (through a connection to the Weather Channel) weather in actual stadiums provided you're connected to PSN/XBox Live. They also had in NBA Live 09 an access code that updated actual rosters in real time so if players were injured or not playing, they would follow suit in-game. So why year after year is it necessary to shell out another $60 for menial changes? Bottom line, these like all series will have their rabbid fanbases but seriously, they will catch on if these franchises continue without massive groundbreaking changes & the answer to mediocrity is right at their fingertips....

Well in the case of the NHL series, they seem to be changing things every year now with control styles and everything. Plus I don't mind paying the money once a year because I am a hockey fan.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Funny thing, NHL series from EA is consistently winning best of sports games awards & last year when 09 came out, the stores couldn't keep it in stock; they told us 'Keep them in the new release section, these things are like hotcakes!!!!' Razz Dunno what those hockey guys are doing, but man.....they're doing something off the wall to keep the boys coming to the yard! Maybe its 2010's 1st person POV during the fights Razz

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Halo and Final Fantasy, though they're not bad games by any means, imo.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 pm

JonnyJinx wrote:Halo and Final Fantasy, though they're not bad games by any means, imo.
Maybe not bad (I personally like neither) but overrated for sure.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:47 pm

JonnyJinx wrote:Halo and Final Fantasy, though they're not bad games by any means, imo.
I love Final Fantasy, but I agree it's over rated.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Queeny on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:04 pm

Yeah.. Halo and Gears of war is way overrated..
What about Left 4 dead? hated the fact that if you were a monster, the cpu's would be able to shoot you down and kill you with one shot from a mile away.

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:Funny thing, NHL series from EA is consistently winning best of sports games awards & last year when 09 came out, the stores couldn't keep it in stock; they told us 'Keep them in the new release section, these things are like hotcakes!!!!' Razz Dunno what those hockey guys are doing, but man.....they're doing something off the wall to keep the boys coming to the yard! Maybe its 2010's 1st person POV during the fights Razz

Sounds about right, as for 2010 it's basically a whole new game (just like 09 was) and so I may rebuy a 360 just for this game. No jokes.

As for POV fights, he fighting has never been great and I dread this lol.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Queeny wrote:What about Left 4 dead? hated the fact that if you were a monster, the cpu's would be able to shoot you down and kill you with one shot from a mile away.
I wouldn't call that as being overrated. Unbalanced, maybe.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:35 pm

smashbro wrote:
Queeny wrote:What about Left 4 dead? hated the fact that if you were a monster, the cpu's would be able to shoot you down and kill you with one shot from a mile away.
I wouldn't call that as being overrated. Unbalanced, maybe.
Yeah it was rather unbalanced but I think it deserves all the hype it got.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:41 pm

super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and every 3-D title with Mario in it's name.

Halo 2, Halo 3, Gear of War, Gears of War 2, God of War I, II, III

Final fantasy, Soul calibur IV and Oblivion

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:44 pm

DRTJR wrote:super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and every 3-D title with Mario in it's name.

Halo 2, Halo 3, Gear of War, Gears of War 2, God of War I, II, III

Final fantasy, Soul calibur IV and Oblivion
That game was overhyped not over rated. Because once people got it they realized how bad it was.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:51 pm

DRTJR wrote:super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and every 3-D title with Mario in it's name.
Are you NUTS??? SUNSHINE, overrated???? If anything, it's UNDERrated.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Blue Madness wrote:
Are you NUTS??? SUNSHINE, overrated???? If anything, it's UNDERrated.
honestly i have yet to like a 3-D Mario(excluding Super Paper Mario)

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Well, whether you like them or not has nothing to do with being overrated.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:01 pm

Blue Madness wrote:Well, whether you like them or not has nothing to do with being overrated.
Over rated is a term used by people when the minority think less of a game then the Majority so my stance on Mario makes it Over rated in my Humble opinion

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:04 pm

No, overrated is when people say something is better than it actually is, or give it more praise than it deserves. You not liking a game others do doesn't make it overrated.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Blue Madness wrote:No, overrated is when people say something is better than it actually is, or give it more praise than it deserves. You not liking a game others do doesn't make it overrated.
i don't think there as good as people say they are and thus Over rated there are People who would disagree with Every game we Stated as Over rated

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:17 pm

As I said, something being overrated is not defined by whether you like it or not, or else every game in existance could be classified as overrated. Also, I go back to my point that Sunshine isn't overrated pretty much because I don't see it getting ANY PRAISE AT ALL. Thus, underrated.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Blue Madness wrote:As I said, something being overrated is not defined by whether you like it or not, or else every game in existence could be classified as overrated. Also, I go back to my point that Sunshine isn't overrated pretty much because I don't see it getting ANY PRAISE AT ALL. Thus, underrated.
there are Games that deserve the Shit the hits there fans like Halo Wars, Fable 2, Legend of Zelda II adventure of Link Every CD-i game EVER. an Over rated Game is a game that does not deserve the hype it gets

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:31 pm

And that's what I've been saying all this time.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:27 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top