will there be brawl goodies?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: will there be brawl goodies?

Post  JGH27 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:06 am

Just for you Mentok and Sanosuke

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:I think I'm starting a trend with Phil Ken Sebben Laughing
To answer your question Sano, the boomerang was primarily used as a hunting tool by the aboriginies to do away with feral cats. One blow to the side of the head with this baby and that cat is as good as dead, fortunately to the common eye it looks like a peice of curved wood...

which is how I got it through US Customs without them so much as batting an eyelash Razz The boomerang is easy enough to throw but the hard part is catching it, sometimes that can prove quite painful and if your real unlucky near-fatal.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks JGH, now I wanna meet a aboriginal person sometime Razz Awesome video, & now I know all about that problem I've been having with my boomerang!

Edited for spelling, thanks Mentok Razz Beeoooooooooowuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllffffff!!!!!

Last edited by JGH27 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Now it's been fixed lol (JGH was here))

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:Thanks JGH, now I wanna meet a aboriginies aboriginal person sometime

-raises his hand slightly- ;>>

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sleepiestsheep on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:35 pm

I just learned about this series last night and I LOVE it!

I'm no lawyer or anything, but I'm pretty sure at the very least they could sell DVDs of the series when it is complete (that would be great), due to the same "Fair Use" laws that allow this series to be on the internet in the first place, I think.. I mean, Brian Clevinger makes a profit off 8-bit theater merchandise, right? And a lot of the base content is explicitly sprites taken from the Final Fantasy games, but they are used in a very obvious parody, so it falls under Fair Use.

sleepiestsheep
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaeley on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 pm

sleepiestsheep wrote:I just learned about this series last night and I LOVE it!

I'm no lawyer or anything, but I'm pretty sure at the very least they could sell DVDs of the series when it is complete (that would be great), due to the same "Fair Use" laws that allow this series to be on the internet in the first place.

It's better to just stay under the radar. One of the primary stipulations for sec 107 of Fair Use is that it be for nonprofit purposes -- Nintendo will probably be a hell of a lot more forgiving stumbling upon a nonprofit tribute than something actually pulling in money. Better to have something yanked out of reach than to chance being sued.

Chaeley
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  I Roam on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:58 am

SurgePox wrote:The worst they can say is no then go apeshit and crack down on our series. It's an almost definite no, given their past decisions on similar requests. Our best bet is to try and fly under their radar as long as possible.

Bring them on! They don't have even the slightest idea what we are capable of!

I Roam
Mario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  I Roam on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:02 am

Sanosukesama wrote:What's an Australia?

Cool

A land with beautiful women who seem to want to prove themselves to American men. It all began when I... Wait... This should be on the Hustler forum. Laters!

I Roam
Mario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:19 am

^ Giggidy.

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 pm

I Roam wrote:
Sanosukesama wrote:What's an Australia?

Cool

A land with beautiful women who seem to want to prove themselves to American men. It all began when I... Wait... This should be on the Hustler forum. Laters!

-jaw drop with metal clang noise- affraid

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  murixbob on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Wait a tick aren't they being paid for the web-series now by The Escapist?

However selling DVDs / Blu-Ray would still be fair use because this is derivative work and is in and of itself its own idea.
Sure it was inspired by Nintendo characters, however it is not copy + paste. Think about it, Weird Al has been doing it for ages with music.

murixbob
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:55 pm

murixbob wrote:Wait a tick aren't they being paid for the web-series now by The Escapist?

However selling DVDs / Blu-Ray would still be fair use because this is derivative work and is in and of itself its own idea.
Sure it was inspired by Nintendo characters, however it is not copy + paste. Think about it, Weird Al has been doing it for ages with music.

He (Weird Al) might be paying royalities, say a percentage of what he makes goes to whoever it is that he is.. what's the tactful word.. imitating? /Theory

Making a DVD and selling it would be using Nintendo's ideas to generate money for something seperate from any of their money tins, though Matt and Zach could distribute such DVD's for free (at no charge for the item itself, maybe for P&H). Nintendo would almost definately not like that though.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  murixbob on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:00 pm

There is always the "alternate" possibility of distributing it through a torrent.

All I know is I definitely want to get the series on DVD or in some format that doesn't require me to watch it online.

murixbob
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KurOcha on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:50 am

murixbob wrote:
All I know is I definitely want to get the series on DVD or in some format that doesn't require me to watch it online.

Ditto.
I'd love to be able to have this series on DVD someday, it's a shame that it doesn't really seem possible after reading this thread. Sad

KurOcha
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sick of sickness on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 pm

sick of sickness
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:05 pm

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
murixbob wrote:Wait a tick aren't they being paid for the web-series now by The Escapist?

He (Weird Al) might be paying royalities, say a percentage of what he makes goes to whoever it is that he is.. what's the tactful word.. imitating? /Theory

Making a DVD and selling it would be using Nintendo's ideas to generate money for something seperate from any of their money tins, though Matt and Zach could distribute such DVD's for free (at no charge for the item itself, maybe for P&H). Nintendo would almost definately not like that though.

I know he asks for permission before hand (or used to at least)

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top