MAJOR JEOPARDY

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAJOR JEOPARDY

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:31 pm

So my last few topics have been pretty rocky, but fortunately this one is much simpler. I'll put out hypothetical situations and people can just type what they'd do in that situation. These situations will often be life/death decisions, simple.

SITUATION 1: 28 Days Later Scenario

You are walking the street by yourself, you have a single handgun and crowbar as your weapons. You hear that trademark chilling scream from nearby infected behind you, you can't see them yet but know in a few minutes you will, and they'll see you as well. You decide to:

*Go back to a car you past a short distance away to hide inside of which is also in the direction of where the infected are coming from, not knowing whether or not the doors are unlocked.

*Run straight ahead for a apartment building that is more than double the distance, the door is clearly open but there could also be infected in that building as well.

*Dart into an alleyway to your right and hide behind a dumpster, otherwise being completely exposed and hoping to high heaven the infected run past.

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAJOR JEOPARDY

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:07 pm

Of the solutions posted, dumpster dive. I'm pretty good at hide and seek, and the other options had too many variables. Can we come up with our own solutions?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Kinda reminds me of RubyQuest and another "Quest" thing...

very nice, i liek.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:23 pm

SurgePox wrote:Of the solutions posted, dumpster dive. I'm pretty good at hide and seek, and the other options had too many variables. Can we come up with our own solutions?

Ideally pick one of the ones already proposed then include your own decision after it. True enough the two other choices had many variables but the dumpster dive was there to entice people as well, the only two things to consider with that one is they either see me, or they don't... but if they do.

Cheers Smash Smile

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:25 pm

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
SurgePox wrote:Of the solutions posted, dumpster dive. I'm pretty good at hide and seek, and the other options had too many variables. Can we come up with our own solutions?

Ideally pick one of the ones already proposed then include your own decision after it. True enough the two other choices had many variables but the dumpster dive was there to entice people as well, the only two things to consider with that one is they either see me, or they don't... but if they do.

Cheers Smash Smile
I am a good hider, so the don't see me.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:38 pm

I'd book it to the building. From there if there were infected inside and I was screwed I'd yell "Die You Zombie Bastards!" going down in a blaze of firing glory

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Koopa on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 am

I would probably try the car and if it was locked I'd run as fast as I could to the dumpster, I just hope the car in the choice you gave doesn't have a soft top. confused

Larry Koopa
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 am

I'd go with the car option as well. If the doors are locked, so what? I have a handgun and a crowbar, and glass is very breakable. break the glass with the crowbar because the handgun makes to much noise, then unlock the door, let myself in and hide.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:08 am

Relmitos wrote:I'd go with the car option as well. If the doors are locked, so what? I have a handgun and a crowbar, and glass is very breakable. break the glass with the crowbar because the handgun makes to much noise, then unlock the door, let myself in and hide.

There is the off-chance that the car window you just broke had an active car alarm. lol Surprised

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : enthesis is awesome.)

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:13 am

What is the point of this game? I think a text based adventure would be grand, don't you agree?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:18 am

SurgePox wrote:What is the point of this game? I think a text based adventure would be grand, don't you agree?

lol, refer to the first post Surge. It's not so much a game as it is collecting people's opinions.. also providing insight on what people would do when under serious duress. But you have an interesting idea there. Smile

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:22 am

SurgePox wrote:What is the point of this game? I think a text based adventure would be grand, don't you agree?

lol, refer to the first post Surge. It's not so much a game as it is collecting people's opinions.. also providing insight on what people would do when under serious duress. But you have an interesting idea there. Smile
Simply wondering if there was a grand point to all of this.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:26 am

SurgePox wrote:

Off-Topic Forum: For wasting time and space... in the very best way. HUZZAH! Laughing

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:There is the off-chance that the car window you just broke had an active car alarm. lol Surprised

I'll just have to take that chance; sides, it IS a crowbar, maybe I could pry the door open instead

Edit: and lol, I think a text based adventure would be kinda cool. Anyone ever read those Goosebumps: Choose your own adventure books? They were pretty cool actually. Choose one path? You proceed through the book and everything is just dandy. Choose the other path? You might proceed through the book via another path, or you die a grisly death and go back to the original choice.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 am

SurgePox wrote:

Off-Topic Forum: For wasting time and space... in the very best way. HUZZAH! Laughing

Hey COME ON! Who went and did that neg? I was just quoting what it said on the homepage........ Suuuuuuuuuuuuurge! Mad

@ Relm: I used to read all those books as a kid, watched the tv shows too which... weren't all that bad.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:11 am

Yeah, I thought this was a text-based adventure too. Like Whisk/RubyQuest. If it's just an opinion thing, I honestly don't see a point to this thread.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 am

id have to agree. i think id participate in a text based adventure.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 am

I'd go to where Surge is hiding and fire off two or three shots from whatever weapon I have on me.
Then, I'd haul ass to that apartment building, get to the roof. I wouldn't be caught dead (lol) in a situation like this without a gun and a sword, so I'd hold until there was nothing left of me.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 am

Given the growing consensus... maybe that should be the direction this topic goes in. Embarassed -scratches head-
Well........ starting from the street already described.... anyone that wants to "play" can make their introductions there and.. I guess I'll throw scenario's at them when appropriate? And post a response regarding to each person on the choices they make? Unless someone has objections to this idea? I guess none rabbit

-Pic moved to first page-
SurgePox: I love you I love you I love you I love you
JGH27: I love you I love you I love you pale
Larry Koopa: I love you I love you I love you pale
Relmitos: I love you I love you I love you pale
Serras-Kai: I love you I love you I love you pale
Orland: I love you I love you I love you pale
Blue Madness: I love you I love you I love you pale
Smashbro: I love you I love you I love you I love you
Weldar: I love you I love you pale pale
Matthew Mercer: Question
zach also rises: Question
Fobby: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Complimence of Paint. Blargh.. so long story short, depending on the choices you make you may keep your current health or lose it, last one standing wins, anyone that dies can re-enter any time Very Happy Also, the outcome of choices made can be changed depending on how many people pick the same choice, example being that if all 400+ members posted that they were dumbster diving, it wouldn't be very inconspicious at all.

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 11 times in total

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Koopa on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:06 am

Haha! Sweet! I have health hearts! I love you I love you I love you I love you

Larry Koopa
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:37 am

STAGE 1:

In order of choices made/posted:
SurgePox attempts to conceal himself within the dumpster.
JGH27 piss bolts for the open apartment building.
Larry Koopa tries to the car, unfortunately it is locked. He then decides to dumpster dive, landing atop of Surge.
Relmitos also tries the car which is still locked, determined he uses his crowbar to force his way inside the car as the Infected rush towards him.

Serras-Kai rushes to Surges location, firing off three shots towards the infected before also piss bolting towards the apartment building, running past JGH27 and running towards the rooftop.

OUTCOME:

SurgePox successfully concealed himself within the dumpster.
JGH27 made it to the building, aside from dozens of bodies on the floor he appears to be the only living person on the ground floor.
Larry Koopa lands atop of SurgePox but is otherwise fine and also concealed.
Relmitos gets inside of the car and pulls the door closed as seven infected beat on and scream at the car, in danger but fine.

Serras-Kai attracts the attention of four infected, chasing single mindedly towards him as he enters the building, racing past JGH27 and getting as far as upstairs before he is tackled to the ground by an Infected. -1 I love you

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 am

SITUATION 2:

From your current position you decide to:

*Stay hidden until the Infected have ran away.

*Assist Relmitos by taking on the three Infected beating on the car.

*Assist Serras-Kai who has been tackled to the ground by an Infected.

Note: You are free to make your own choices though keep them brief, not a paragraph long post of how you sam fishered your way up the drainage pipe and lockpicked your way through a locked 3rd story window.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:42 am

I'm hopping in now.

I come out of a back ally and see the car with relmitos in it being attacked.

I choose to help relmitos fend off the infected by beating them in the face with a crowbar

Last edited by Orland on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:42 am

I'm gonna have to stay where I am, unfortunately. There's 3 zombie things ruthlessly attacking the car, any attempt to get out of the car is gonna get me eaten alive. I'm gonna try to pick at the ignition to try to get it to start.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:28 am

Aww, cool, I wanna join! So, I have to go through Situation 1, or I can be introduced in Situation 2?

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top