Herr Wozzeck's Unofficial TWBB Rescoring Project

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Herr Wozzeck's Unofficial TWBB Rescoring Project

Post  Entlassen on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Herr Wozzeck wrote:That said, I'm not too familiar with Pikmin music as I rarely ever play on the Pikmin stage in Brawl. I've got quite an ear, though, so if I hear the same theme over and over again I might be able to transcribe it.

Pikmin 2 had a rather nice soundtrack, actually. There's a lot of themes to work with. Dunno how many people would catch them, since a lot of the music in that game only really occurred in one specific area.

Anyway, if you were to do a recomposition, I'd recommend doing one of the Wistful Wild theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RsNJwSwyI8

It has somewhat of a bleak sound to it, which strikes me as very fitting. (Also, note that the reason for all the variations of that theme in that video is because of the way the music will change depending on situation (ei: time of day, whether or not you're in battle, etc.))

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:22 am

Entlassen wrote:
Herr Wozzeck wrote:That said, I'm not too familiar with Pikmin music as I rarely ever play on the Pikmin stage in Brawl. I've got quite an ear, though, so if I hear the same theme over and over again I might be able to transcribe it.

Pikmin 2 had a rather nice soundtrack, actually. There's a lot of themes to work with. Dunno how many people would catch them, since a lot of the music in that game only really occurred in one specific area.
That's always good to know. Now I need to write down themes for my improvisation again... And also, I need to hope that Olimar will appear again so I can actually write the themes in...

Anyway, if you were to do a recomposition, I'd recommend doing one of the Wistful Wild theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RsNJwSwyI8

It has somewhat of a bleak sound to it, which strikes me as very fitting. (Also, note that the reason for all the variations of that theme in that video is because of the way the music will change depending on situation (ei: time of day, whether or not you're in battle, etc.))
Hm... This might actually come in handy during the invention on a rhythm... I'll keep this theme in mind! Thanks! Very Happy

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Okay, so, things are coming along rather nicely. I'm getting the Fantasias done and whatnot, and everything's going fine.

But, the real reason I'm here today, is very important. For today, we have gotten our first audio recording of a through-composed piece.

Behold, the alley scene from Episode 4!

So here we have something from my school's orchestral reading sessions that were earlier today, courtesy of my school.

Unfortunately, it's not an optimal performance, as there are lots of hiccups throughout and the device even recorded a cough somewhere towards the end. But it's still a good, presentable recording given the circumstances:

• The orchestra only had time to rehearse the piece for 45 minutes before we ran through it once, which is not a whole lot of rehearsal time for something that's over seven minutes long.
  • Some of the brass players took their parts down an octave due to stamina reasons (it's only really a problem with the trumpet players, though).
  • There was a massive woodwind hiccup where the guy who was supposed to play the piccolo part as assigned by the school didn't actually own a piccolo, so he and the other flute player for readings had to switch parts and the two of them were essentially sightreading the entire thing (and bless their souls, they did an excellent job of sightreading, which is typically not something that student performers are great at).
  • I didn't exactly have a good place to put the recording device, so I ended up putting it behind the conductor's podium. My school's audio-visual department did actually record the readings, so if that turns out to have better balance (and if they clean up the recording) then I'll change the 'official' file to that. But even then, though, my own recording didn't suffer from too many balance issues.

So it's honestly not the best circumstances for a recording, but given all this I think these players did a great job with the music. All that said, I hope you guys enjoy listening to it. (And since it isn't an improvisation, you don't need to synch this file up with the video, as the piece can stand on its own.)

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Okay, triple post in more ways than one. It's been the end of a semester, the end of the series, and the new year came along and happened.

And only now do I have material to post.

Ladies and gentlemen, five fantasias:

Fantasia 1
Fantasia 3
Fantasia 4
Fantasia 5
Fantasia 7

I've had Fantasia's 3, 4, 5, and 7 written up for quite a while; given how busy I was, I wasn't really able to present any files until now.

And the streak won't end here. Stay tuned for some inventions that will be posted soon!

And now that the final episode is out, well, I can say that the base planning for the rescoring is now done and dusted! Now all that's left to be done is to write all the music. It's a process that will take a damn while, but it will be very worth it in the end.

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top