Captain Falcon as a Mans man....

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Captain Falcon as a Mans man....

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:26 am

Relmitos wrote:I think we all can agree that everyone can be happy so long as the Captain can show us some moves.

YESZ.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 am

Relmitos wrote:I think we all can agree that everyone can be happy so long as the Captain can show us some moves.

G'YES!!!! & since we're talking about 'presidents' how about.....

BTW, I was thinking, how is everyone (well, the 'critics' at least....) going to be offended by Captain Falcon's sexuality preference, yet, everyone is ok with Waluigi being retarded to the umpteenth degree....? Is that like, homos bad, but retards good....? Hrmmm.....

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  captainjack913 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:49 am

zach also rises wrote:the rest of the world isn't as open minded as the West Coast.

Am I the only one that thought of the smug episode of South Park when I first read that?

captainjack913
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:56 am

Sanosukesama wrote:

G'YES!!!! & since we're talking about 'presidents' how about.....

BTW, I was thinking, how is everyone (well, the 'critics' at least....) going to be offended by Captain Falcon's sexuality preference, yet, everyone is ok with Waluigi being retarded to the umpteenth degree....? Is that like, homos bad, but retards good....? Hrmmm.....
I find your ignorant use of "retards" to be offensive.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:07 am

Sanosukesama wrote:BTW, I was thinking, how is everyone (well, the 'critics' at least....) going to be offended by Captain Falcon's sexuality preference, yet, everyone is ok with Waluigi being retarded to the umpteenth degree....? Is that like, homos bad, but retards good....? Hrmmm.....
Evil or Very Mad

Please, use the term 'disabled persons' to refer to Waluigi when I'm around. I find it ridiculously offensive not just to disabled children in America but to my younger brother as well (who so happens to be a disabled person). So please, please don't ever say something like 'retarded to the umpteenth degree' ever again. Please?

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:17 am

My apologies Wozzeck & Smash, I'll think harder about my choice in words for the future. The point I was trying to make was simply that, just like your posts mention, some people are offended, others find it entertaining, some people accept it for what it is & some people just read too deep into it. What's so wrong with simply watching the show, accepting it as a group of individuals expressing their talents in playwriting & acting, & just move on? There's nothing wrong with criticisms, it can help everyone develop, but when they were writing scenes like Captain Falcon or Waluigi, they weren't out to destroy Falcon's character or stereotype or Waluigi's, it was just for the 'lulz'. I don't know, but again, I apologize to Wozzeck, Smash & the forums if my words were too harsh, that wasn't my intent at all in my posts.

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:00 pm

......you're good at making apologies aren't you?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm

tis alright, Sano. *Hugs.* I love you

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:00 pm

He did it for teh lulz.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:16 pm

It's okay, San. Just... I die a little inside whenever I hear disabled people being referred to as retards.

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tanya on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:55 pm

lanceb wrote:

No ones making fun of gay people here but I always imagined Captain Falcon as being Omnisexual(as stated before) and really don't mind him being gay at all as long as he gets some action time or a chance to prove his manliness by being a hero. In Brawl he really is the most manly character and I as a fan would love to see that. Also, love the show and the portrayal of everyone, keep it up. I will continue watching.

I love how people assume that being manly is somehow heroic. Why does he have to be manly to be heroic? Does this mean that in order for a female lead to be heroic she must be manly? What, pray tell, *is* being manly?

The Tanya
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:31 pm

To answer your question please refer to this song.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lanceb on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:32 pm

The Tanya wrote:

I love how people assume that being manly is somehow heroic. Why does he have to be manly to be heroic? Does this mean that in order for a female lead to be heroic she must be manly? What, pray tell, *is* being manly?

Being Manly is something my father taught me growing up and it involves taking responsibility for your actions and doing the right thing. That may involve saving a person in distress(old school I know) or being a good father to your kids. It involves courage and the will to make decisions even though there may be danger. Being manly is something that differs with people but when a guy abandons his wife and child because he doesn't want to deal with them anymore that's a coward and not a man. So by my definition if Captain Falcon were to be manly and heroic he would save Pit his angel lover and help the rest of the team. Oh and if a female lead is heroic does that make her manly? I guess so but there should be a better word to describe her like womanly or something. They should have a word to describe a courageous and responsible woman because it sets up a sort of title to live by kind of like a knights code.

lanceb
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Falcon is one of the manliest characters in Brawl though. Just not as manly as Jigglypuff.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tanya on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:41 pm

So you're saying that women don't take responsibility for their actions and abandon people?

The Tanya
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:53 pm

Okay, let's not let this get too ugly. Indeed the notion that manliness itself equates to heroics could be deemed a bit sexist, but I don't believe anyone meant to say that women cannot be heroic. The term manliness in this situation has little to do with the male gender, and has more to do with how a person chooses to conduct themselves. If I may cite How to Brawl Like a Man, Manliness in this situation roughly would translate to: the Mixed philosophy following how a person chooses to walk their own path in life both honorably and as passionately as possible. However, "Manly" should suffice in this situation, I apologize if you continue find this offensive.

EDIT: sauce http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwEHUPkJ7lE

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tanya on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Oh I'm not offended by anything, really. I was just pointing out the inconsistencies of the terminology utilized. I have a problem with blanket terms like manliness because any blanket term is basically a slew of bullshit.

Judging from the behavior extrapolated, I'd say Chivalrous would be a much better descriptor for this so called manliness.

The Tanya
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:02 am

The Tanya wrote:Oh I'm not offended by anything, really. I was just pointing out the inconsistencies of the terminology utilized. I have a problem with blanket terms like manliness because any blanket term is basically a slew of bullshit.

Judging from the behavior extrapolated, I'd say Chivalrous would be a much better descriptor for this so called manliness.
Chivalry comes from a decidedly western school of thought, whereas manliness transcends that and encompasses both western and eastern schools of thought on the subject. If you can come up wiht a word that suffices to cover both, I think we could reach a nice conclusion here.

EDIT: I think I recognize the bird/area in your avatar, though that could have been taken at the parakeet encounter at any other zoo or wild life park.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tanya on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:07 am

It's a Lorikeet and I was at the Santa Barbara Zoo. :3 He bit me shortly after finishing the nectar in my cup, adorable little bastard.

Hmmm. The problem is that any term we use will not encompass both Eastern and Western philosophies as words describing ones actions are almost always pretty ethnocentric.

The Tanya
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:19 am

There is one of those near where I live, and I used to go there every time as a little kid. One time, after graciously finishing my nectar cup, the bird peed on my overalls. I was not a happy camper.

I'm glad you appreciate the dilemma of picking a word that isn't "manly," I would hope that you could let it slide, but if is becoming that large of an issue I may have to lock this thread, and I don't wanna do that.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tanya on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:31 am

Oh like I said, it's not an issue really.

Just more of a pet peeve and the fact that I enjoy yanking peoples chains. Don't lock anything on my account.

The Tanya
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lanceb on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:11 am

The Tanya wrote:So you're saying that women don't take responsibility for their actions and abandon people?

Not trying to pick a fight but where did I say that in any context at all?

lanceb
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tanya on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:17 am

I was saying that by saying that those traits are somehow inherently manly you were inferring that they were not inherent in women.

The Tanya
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lanceb on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 am

The Tanya wrote:I was saying that by saying that those traits are somehow inherently manly you were inferring that they were not inherent in women.

So by saying one sex has certain traits that means the other doesn't? Isn't that sexist?

lanceb
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tanya on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:27 am

When you say that something is manly, you're saying it is definitive of maleness, therefore; it is something that defines the difference between males and females.

The Tanya
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top