(The Thread For The Devoted Gamer)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think my post was unnecessarily long?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
67% 67% 
[ 4 ]
17% 17% 
[ 1 ]
16% 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

(The Thread For The Devoted Gamer)

Post  Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!! on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Since we all love Nintendo's characters enought to be so excited about something as epic as TWBB we all should have some sort of fond gaming memories from a time long ago. The games that we would constantly replay for that sense of wonder and that escape to some place better that only a video game could give a kid. I remember sitting next to the lamp at the darkest time of the night* with my GameBoy training my team for the showdown with The Elite Four (*remember the dark ages before back-lit screens?) or in my living room, trusty SNES control in hand, flying through Super Mario World for the thousandth time. Sometimes I look at these old memories and smile, wishing I could relive those precious pixeled moments. And other times I'm glad just to be here making new ones with all the new advancements in gaming and all the great fan-based media like TWBB or Brawl Taunts that really capture what being a gamer is all about; just kicking back and having fun with friends and the characters you grew up with (crushing all who dare oppose your gaming superiority along the way king )

ANYWAY... Suspect
Sorry about that whole touchy feely rant. lol!
The point i was TRYING to get across was that each of us has moments stashed away in our heads that really hit us and make us feel proud to still be gamers after all those years. Whether it was the fist time you beat the original Super Smash Bros. or the first time you kicked the Elite Four's collective ass.

It's weird just how much a game can impact your life.
I think video games was the reason I learned to read so early in my life.
Without being able to read I had no idea WTF I was supposed to do. confused

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest and see if anyone else out there had some old memories they wanted to talk about.
Or if you had a certain game that will always be close to your heart that you would be stoked to see in TWBB if there was any way you think it might fit in.

PS. Sorry for the long-ass post. Shocked

Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!!
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: (The Thread For The Devoted Gamer)

Post  Sanosukesama on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Phoenix Wright 3: Trials & Tribulations. Showdown in the last case vs Godot. You know what to do, he knows what you need to do, epic pause, then the original theme from PW1 kicks in & Phoenix goes off on Godot. Epic moment. & that was only in 2007, but it still rings with me. After that, I've actually been playing the GBA ports of classic NES games, like Legend of Zelda (NES version), Link to the Past, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, & I just beat Kirby's Dreamland: Nightmare in Dreamland. Razz (Well, you know, during my breaks off course.....definitely not on the clock.....*cough*)

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Sweet lol

Post  Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!! on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:12 pm

I have all kinds of virtual console games on my Wii and PS1 Classics downloaded to my PS3.
I don't even know how many times I've beaten Crash Bandicoot or Spyro.
Very Happy

When I was a kid, Yoshi's Story was my big thing.
I used to beat that game like once a day without fail. tongue

Idk, I just had a moment when I was on the forums and felt like writing this.
I think it would be pretty cool if Zach could find a way to squeeze "It's dangerous to go alone... Take this" in the show.
Like, if Luigi was running down an alley after the Dismemberer after barely missing the murder of whoever and the old man stops him and hands him a Star *Cue Epic Remix of Invincibility Theme during final showdown between Luigi and the Dismemberer on top of a skyscraper with a logo like Final Destination Inc.*

Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:51 pm

Mmm.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Uhhh... Woops.

Post  Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!! on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 pm

I'm beginning to believe I may have posted this thread in the wrong place...

Suspect

Well. I guess I had to have my first Forum Fail eventually. But who knew it would be on the same day as my first thread post?

AWESOME! cheers

Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 am

Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!! wrote:I'm beginning to believe I may have posted this thread in the wrong place...

Suspect

Well. I guess I had to have my first Forum Fail eventually. But who knew it would be on the same day as my first thread post?

AWESOME! cheers

I'm gonna move it the video game section

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!! on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:03 am

JGH27 wrote:
Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!! wrote:I'm beginning to believe I may have posted this thread in the wrong place...

Suspect

AWESOME! cheers

I'm gonna move it the video game section

Thanks silent

Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:04 am

No problem

"Everyone gets one" lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spider-man

Post  Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!! on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:05 am

lol

Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:59 am

JGH27 wrote:No problem

"Everyone gets one" lol

Thanks Spiderman! No problem Peter. Cool

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:53 pm

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:19 pm

^ That made me lawl. Well played sir.

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah. I remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on a PC port that nobody knows about. I never seemed to get past Stage 2 as Sonic (as well as the PC port never played the stage music), but I still loved the game all the same. It's one of those love-hate things that gets on everybody's nerves.

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:07 am

This is probably my first gamign related memory ever, so bear with me if it isn't so detailed.

The year was 1996. The location was probably a Gamestop or whatever the Gamestop equivalent of 1996 was. A five year old surgepox is led in by his father to buy a birthday present. That's when I laid my eyes on it, the most colorful and bright thing in the store: An N64 demo station equipped with Super Mario 64. I HAD to play it. To this day I still remember hopping around on course two. Anyways, the person working there tried to tell us that we should get a playstation, as it had a larger game library and better graphics, but it fell on deaf ears to me. I HAD to have that game.

A quick tantrum later, and I was the proud owner of my first video game console, and the rest is history. Now I moderate the forums of a series about those characters who first got me into gaming, except in this they are fucking and killing each other. Laughing

Let me know if I missed the point of this thread, it was a bit confusing.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:10 am

For a "first <...> memory ever", this is pretty detailed...

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:06 pm

SurgePox wrote:This is probably my first gamign related memory ever, so bear with me if it isn't so detailed.

The year was 1996. The location was probably a Gamestop or whatever the Gamestop equivalent of 1996 was. A five year old surgepox is led in by his father to buy a birthday present. That's when I laid my eyes on it, the most colorful and bright thing in the store: An N64 demo station equipped with Super Mario 64. I HAD to play it. To this day I still remember hopping around on course two. Anyways, the person working there tried to tell us that we should get a playstation, as it had a larger game library and better graphics, but it fell on deaf ears to me. I HAD to have that game.

A quick tantrum later, and I was the proud owner of my first video game console, and the rest is history. Now I moderate the forums of a series about those characters who first got me into gaming, except in this they are fucking and killing each other. Laughing

God,do I feel old now...my first gaming memory was Christmas 1990,when my brother and I got a NES from our parents with Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt.Getting past the first Goomba took us about 4 or 5 lives,I was addicted immediatly.I loved to explore the levels,tried to find all secret blocks...fond memories.

Fuck,I need a new 2D Mario NOW!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:56 pm

You guys want my shit story?

Well, This shit began in 1999 (Or somewhere around then. I was 3.) Where I played my first game. Daytona on my Windows 5 Emulated. I was the shit at that game. I swear to god I was. Then, my uncle gave me a better emulator. Hurrah! The first game I played was pokemon yellow. It was simple, beat the shit out of the opponent.

2002, my dad buys a Playstation. I whore Ape Escape. Honestly, my favourite game.

2003, I get a Game Boy with Pokemon Blue my only game. Also Got PS2

2005, I Finished Final Fantasy X.

2006-7, I buy FFX-2, And Never finish it. Also Gamecube. Also Guitar Hero. Also Melee. Also Pokemon Colluseum.

2008, I got bribed a Wii. Also win first Mario Kart Tournament.

2009, Successfully come 2nd at a Brawl Tournament. Also 1st at Guitar Hero.

A tourneyfag in the making.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Fedaykin wrote:Fuck,I need a new 2D Mario NOW!

THIS

My buddy and I think they should make another one like SMB3. Bring back the KOOPA KIDS and create new worlds and/or levels and new items. Game would be the shit

I'll share my stories later

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:21 pm

^ Dude... New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake? Snake?! Snaaake!!! on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:08 pm

SurgePox wrote:This is probably my first gamign related memory ever, so bear with me if it isn't so detailed.

That's what the whole thread was about, the gaming memories that come to mind when you think of how that love for gaming started.

Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:47 pm

So first memories eh.

Well growing up it'd have to be the NES for sure. It was a rare thing to play (we owned one but my parents kept the games and controllers locked up so we only played it every now and then) so when we did it was usually me and my brother at like 8 or 9pm. We'd play for a few hours and it was ALWAYS a blast. I think what made it more fun for me was that it wasn't a regular occurance.

We'd play Jackel, SMB's 1,2 and 3, Bubble Bobble, TMNT, Tetris, Ice Hockey, LoZ II, and of course DR Mario. We also rented games every weekend. That was when my love for gaming hit, when I was like 3.

Then my brother got a SEGA and it continued to feed my gaming needs. I STILL have both systems and the games. Sonic 2 ruled as did NHL 95, and Sub Terrania which to this day kicks my ass. Also recently bought Mutant League Hockey and Mario is Missing. Both games that had a HUGE impact on me for whatever reason. Since buying MLH I'm undefeated and have yet to score more goals then the other team. Gotta love forfeit due to killing the other team lmao.

Anyways N64 was the last true system I loved and have real memories of besides some PS ones.

I'm ranting and tired tho so I'll leave off here lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:31 am

Herr Wozzeck wrote:Yeah. I remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on a PC port that nobody knows about. I never seemed to get past Stage 2 as Sonic (as well as the PC port never played the stage music), but I still loved the game all the same. It's one of those love-hate things that gets on everybody's nerves.

Are you referring to that one PC port that came on a CD, had to install, and before the game began it asked you to pick S3, S&K, or S3&K? I had that one.

As for first gaming memory, and maybe not THE first, but definitely how it kicked it off. I went to a family reunion when I was really young. When one is young, when your age is in the single digit numbers, your attention span is usually pretty small. I got bored really fast and started exploring, because the house was huge, and let's face it. How many times to do you visit a house that's shaped like an octagon? That's still the only one I know. To the topic though, I eventually wandered into a room where a guy was playing Sonic 3 on a rented Sega Genisis (yes, back when people rented systems). He let me play with him on the two player versus mode and that's how Sonic became my favorite game character. Ever. My next birthday came with a Sega Genisis that had Sonic 2 included in it. Huzzah!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Queeny on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Unfortunately when i was a kid my brothers didn't let me play videogames until i was 9.. Up to that point I watched my brothers play the NES, Playstation, the sega genesis, and the N64. My brothers were getting tired of the N64, It was probably because the N64 was starting to get 'old'. XD
which was in the year 1999.
I already knew the controls, from watching my brothers, and the N64 was still very new for me.
I had all kinds of N64 games to choose from, but randomly picking one, I selected "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time" From switching the on button on, I was sold for the rest of my life.
Mario would have never made such an' impact on me as Zelda did, and I still play OOT to this day.
I Am a devoted nintendo fan, but im only in it for Zelda really.. Haha!
from then on, Link an' Zelda has always had a special place in my heart.

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top