Team Fortress 2

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post  Weldar on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:47 am

You what class I discovered is surprisingly valuable today. Pyro. Solider, Heavy and Demo are better damage dealers but here's the thing, they kill from afar. Money drops from the corpse, with everyone sitting back and killing your team loses out on a lot of money unless you charge into the middle of the wave which usually isn't the ideal place to be. Pyro however needs to be in the thick of it to do damage and unlike Scouts actually does have decent crowd clearing ability. Plus airblasts are huge, upgrade them and you can just chain push the bomb carrier right back if he's in a smaller crowd. Plus on decoy you can very easily push the carrier off the little bridge before the bomb drop area forcing them to have to take quite the detour to get back up.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:25 am

I am currently considering trying to run a dedicated server off of the craptop... Would that require graphics card capability? Because if not, it might be plausible.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:42 am

td260 wrote:I am currently considering trying to run a dedicated server off of the craptop... Would that require graphics card capability? Because if not, it might be plausible.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Leave it to the big kids, we are running our server from a legit server box we own. We haven't shipped it to a data-center yet so it is running at Cid's house. Still works all the same.

HotShotz [HSZ] Mann vs Machine: 98.227.239.242:27015

Put up by my buddy Ilnor, he will kick someone if he wants to play. (Think of it like a reserve slot, except we don't have the mod. Razz) Oh and he is a bit of a jerk, you think I am a jerk, this guy is a jerk. So don't take it personal.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Hmmm. Gonna stick to trying to queue up for servers. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm just gonna keep searching for mvm maps and finding ones with less than 6 people in them.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Suit yourself, at least I will be able to play whenever I feel like it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:11 pm

As long as I enjoy the group I'm playing with in MvM, I don't mind. Being with 5 friends on the first night, when we eventually got on, was so much fun, I didn't even care that we weren't doing that well.

I can deal with the queues as long as I eventually get a game with my group. Because yeah, I'd rather play in a group of friends where we work well together and have a lot of fun than go find a random server as an individual where I don't really know anyone. /stubborn

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Unless of course we were to put up a second server which would be private. Then I give you all the password.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:07 am

I got invited to play in a party of scouts. It was challenging, but really fun. It was really easy to get overwhelmed and easy for scouts to carry the bomb to the whole, so I busted out my fish and just camped and swung away. It worked well, so I maxed out my trustee fish and played goal keeper.

Edit: Heavy party breaks the game.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:41 am

One of the scouts main duties is to pick up all the credits.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Finally got a few rounds mvm in. Being a career engi, I had a blast (69 kills, 16 assists). Trying out Spy now, and feeling incredibly useless.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:24 pm

I tried Sniper for two rounds, went back to Heavy immediately afterwards. I feel bad changing class at all after I've started, because it's a valuable upgrade or two I've missed, but going to Heavy or Scout, I can deal with it, pretty much. Also last night we were with the biggest noob (Weldar can attest to this) who changed class between every single wave, and was no good at any of them. I mean, at one point he was playing Pyro. Using his Flare Gun. Also we had a Pyro. He'd previously been two other classes...which we already had. Luckily, he decided to stick to being Engineer next time. We had a competent Engineer there, teaching him how to play. He was still basically dead weight but at least he wasn't being that annoying.

But yeah, Viero, I know you go on about how great Sniper is, but I'm not a fan. Jarate and the Bushwacka is a nice combo, but still, without the health boosts Scout gets, if you're going to do that you're better off running Mad Milk/melee (bat or something) and going bezerk on a crowd of robots.

I've now completed rounds as Scout, Soldier, Pyro and Medic for that achievement. Gotta actually do full rounds as Heavy and Engineer, then I'll probably go Demo. Not looking forward to playing Sniper or Spy, though, Sniper because I feel useless against a hoarde, and Spy because, well, it's Spy, I'm not very good at it. Razz

I'm looking forward to trying Mann Up Mode soon!

Edit: "Playing Scout is liking having sex. Not that great with other people, but add some robots and boost yourself and it's fantastic." - on explaining why Scout is so great to Weldar. I don't know. :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Who's up for some TWBB MVM later on?

They just added a ton of servers, so the wait shouldn't be too bad.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Yeah it's not too bad now. I'm game.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Yeah queues were 5 or 10 minutes last night and we found a game pretty quickly without one. I'm totally up for a game.

And yeah Scout was WAY more fun than I was expecting, usually my least favourite class for normal play but so fun here. Pyro is also pretty damn fun, the the damage and you absolutely shred through tanks, probably the best choice for the Medic's Kirtz against the tanks. And while I didn't get to do a full round with him yet Loch and Load Demo seems AMAZING. Up the clip size, ammo and damage and dear god, fire a grenade into a crowd of Scouts, kill like 10 of them at once.

And yeah Sniper and Spy while not terrible definitely seem like the weakest classes overall. I could see myself being Huntsman, Jarate, Bushwacka sniper for fun at some point but Spy, ugh.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:46 am

This is surprisingly heartwarming, and proof that skill isn't needed to play any class (especially Spy) well, all you need is a sweet, sweet hat. And not to use the Gibus.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:22 pm

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm

td260 wrote:

Ahahaha, battle medicing. Razz The only time I've got actual kills as Medic is on the randomizer...like that one time I had the Army of One. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:13 am

Minisentries. Minisentries everywhere

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 am

You mean like this, Roy?

Here is a bonus from last time we were in the Randomizer, btw:
Spoiler:

That is the Army of One, but more to the point, Q apparently likes to hurt himself. Make of that what you will.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:33 am

I got a view from higher up.

Army of clickies!

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:34 am

No, more like this

And while we're posting screenshots.

I used to be a Scout like you, but then I took an arrow to the everything.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 am

So, how did the Huntsmen work for you Weldar?

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:17 pm

I tried Sniping. God, it wasn't that much fun. Throwing Jarate was a big help though. Needless to say, I don't think Sniper's a class I'll be playing much on MvM. I now finally have that achievement for playing a full round as every class though, yaaaay.

I enjoy playing as both Heavy and Medic, also Scout and Engineer. I'll happily play any class in MvM though, except I'm not very keen on Sniper or Spy.

I should, however, totally be up for playing more Spy because of the awesome present Weldar got me for my birthday!

SO SLEAZY <3

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:57 am

Sniper is actually pretty fun and useful if you have enough players. Piss shots are great help in taking down giants.

Spies however, I have yet to find a good purpose for....

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top