GAME DEFEAT RATINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GAME DEFEAT RATINGS

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:35 am

From various sources, there have been many different terms to explain how badly someone beat or was beaten by another player (most of which are usually attributed to RTS games, though these do apply in FPS if the scores radically differ. They have been categorized as such from least severe to most severe, which on a particularly weak mind may cause derangements or numbness:

*Beaten* - The most basic of victories or losses, you either won or you lost by some reasonable margin.
"I've beat him before" "I was beaten by him before"

*Whooped* - A more advanced form of 'Beaten', you either won or lost by a little more than reasonable margin.
"I whooped him good!" "I got whooped bad"

*PWNed! or Owned!* - Used most often by encentric FPS gamers that attribute every kill they make as 'PWNed!' People that concede to have been PWNed were usually caught in a middle of a reload, got assassinated, sniped or put up very little of a fight.
"PWNED!" "I got pwned in that last match"

*Raped* - Not to be confused with the heinous crime of the same name, occurs in FPS where the scores differ greatly or in a RTS where despite what you thought were decent defenses quickly fell to an attack and were shortly thereafter defeated.. badly.
"Hehe, he got raped" "Yeah.. I just got raped"

*Thrashed* - Though it doesn't sound as harsh as Raped, being thrashed in something can damage ones confidence and may lead to involuntary use of the word "Damn it!" by those getting thrashed, often leads to rage-quitting.
"That guy got thrashed something fierce" "I got thrashed something fierce"

*Utterly Thrashed* - A more severe case of thrashing, usually only applied to those that feel they are competent or 'good' at the game, displaying one of two different reactions the person getting thrashed will either be so humbled that they won't say much of anything, try the game a few times and then stop and turn off the console, never to play the game online for a very long time, if at all. The other reaction consists of heated volatile outbursts, control shaking, slamming doors and blaming teamates, the after result is usually (but not always) the same.
"That guy got thrashed something fierce" "I got thrashed something fierce"

*F!@#ed On* - Being F!@#ed On often leads to verbal warfare or pleading and on very, very rare occassions real-life encounters with the individuals (if in same state, if in same country if the defeat is severe enough), this act consists of focusing on usually just one player and whether in the case of FPS you are ALWAYS the one to kill them or kill them in a particularly humilating way or you constantly send squads to attack their base just to annoy them, often inflicting grevious (but not irreparable) damage just for the fun of it.
The aggressor usually won't verbalise his antics with F!@#ed On "I kept getting F!@#ed on by this one guy, he just wouldn't cut it out"

*The Hand of God* - Rumour has it, that someone can be issued a defeat so mind numbingly awful that they are turned off games of any kind, for life. Regardless of their skill, there is a foe that will eventually target YOU and you will find yourself unable to do the most basic of things like order a pizza, drive a car, operate a phone or pet your dog without involuntary shaking and flash memories of the astounding defeat. Almost all gamers are too humble to even 'claim' making such a victory and anyone who does, did not achieve this, more likely just PWNage.
Only victim discovered of having this defeat was rendered catatonic due to it's dibilitating effect

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GAME DEFEAT RATINGS

Post  Smashy B on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:*Raped*
"Hehe, he got raped" "Yeah.. I just got raped"
I rape face.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:58 am

Uhh.... cool, but..... wut?

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:26 am

Posting in a quality thread.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:28 am

Blue Madness wrote:Uhh.... cool, but..... wut?

Probably should've outline the purpose of this topic in the first one but oh well, you could all effectively call this the hall of shame.. or glory, depends how you look at it. While some may say it's similar to multiplayer war stories, they usually pertain to how you "totally PWNed dat foo!"

Here we all get to read about those harsh ass whoopings that have been dealt upon you in say Gears of War 2, Halo, Command & Conquer or you may add your own ratings of defeat and it's definition. cheers

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:29 pm

My matches against smashbro last tourney. Those'll go in the Rape category.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Eiron wrote:My matches against smashbro last tourney. Those'll go in the Rape category.
Awwww, I feel bad, lol. My old matches with Sonix would fall into that category too. But NOT ANYMORE!

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 pm

GAMER VARIATIONS: Using the term guy as a dual gender descrip as girl gamers are still gamers too.

The n00b:
This gamer is the most widely known but seldom tolerated for long by more seasoned gamers, they'll either have terrible accuracy, accidently blow up their teamates, drive in the wrong direction or just have no idea what the aim of the game is or how to even go about achieving that aim. On the plus side however they won't fill your headphones with that rediculous l33t speak.

The Antagonist: This gamer is always on your team, sometimes you find out who on your team fits this label in the first 3 seconds of a match if your unlucky. The antagonist will immediately go about systematically killing you and the rest of your team, usually no explanation is given as it's rare for a gamer of this label to vocalise (which is odd). You then find yourself in the predictament of being hunted by a team member and unable to retaliate least your score drop further. Best thing to hope for is the 'BOOT' option or a short match.

Mr White: This gamer may be doing it intentionally, be unaware or simply not care but this is the guy that will blow loud white noise through his mic for all the team to hear, it may be so loud to the point you can't even get your "Turn off your f!@#ing mic!" outburst across. This is fixed pretty quickly by the mute button that most games come with but it is bloody annoying.

The Nutcase: This gamer has issues, once the game starts sliding out of their favour or they just plain suck (do terribly) they'll start acting out, swearing, insulting and just about anything else one can do in a game to demonstrate how pissed off they are. The one that says "Dude, chill! It's just a game!" tends to get their head bitten off the worst. This gamer goes through controls (due to tantrums) as quick as E3 tickets... well, maybe not AS quick but it's pretty bad.

That Guy: Yes, that guy. The one that can do NO wrong, when victories are made he is the one responsible, when things go bad and the team starts losing he will be the first to put down the others for their 'incredible incompetence' and lack of skill, in short it's always the rest of the teams fault for dying, losing, getting sniped from across the map. But not his fault, because his awesome.

The Retards: These gamers come in pairs... always, and just like the phrase "Even if you win at the special olympics, your still retarded" these two gamers demonstrate that truth so very well. One usually antagonizes the other and sometimes the other does it back, throughout the whole match this will go back and forth with them gloating about every victory over the other. When it finally gets to the end of the match the loser (after much much boasting) will dismissively say something like "Yeah whatever, it's just a game." as if to show they no longer care... but they do. These heated rivalries curiously tend to last quite a while and only get worse over time with each encounter.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Does this work for anything other than online FPSs?

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:57 pm

It all refers predominately to FPS, but it can apply to other games as well Smile
Figured I'd use FPS as a reference because that's what people are most familiar with, even if they don't play those types much.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:00 pm

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:Mr White: This gamer may be doing it intentionally, be unaware or simply not care but this is the guy that will blow loud white noise through his mic for all the team to hear, it may be so loud to the point you can't even get your "Turn off your f!@#ing mic!" outburst across. This is fixed pretty quickly by the mute button that most games come with but it is bloody annoying.
I had one of these today in TF2. My ears felt like they were being raped. I think it was unintentional though, cause it sounded like a problem with a wire or connection and not someone blowing into it.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Needs Less Dick FPS.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top