Favorite Game?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Game?

Post  solarsun on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:34 pm

Since nobody seems to have posted anything yet in this forum I decided to take it upon myself and ask the generic 'favorite game' question.

Favorite game as of now: Zelda Oriana of time OR Oblivion.

Favorite game of all time: Hummm that is a tough one for me to answer. I've been gaming since I was 8-9 from atari to nintendo and beyond. If I had to be stuck on a desert island with only one game to play for the rest of my life it would be Mario 3. I don't know why that pops in my head so quickly but I loved how the game was played, I loved how you could be a raccoon and fly (and go behind blocks to get that flute). This might change depending on what I remember later. Orcania of time is up there though on my list. I have fond memories of playing that game when I was younger.

solarsun
Toad Thug

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Stranger_Things_have_Happened/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Game?

Post  Matthew Mercer on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm personally enjoying the latest FFIV for the DS when out and about. As for console games, I sadly haven't had much time to get caught up, but I've recently enjoyed Castle Crashers and Soul Calibur IV. I am saving all of my play time for when Fallout 3 hits... mmmmm, Fallout....

Favorite game(s) of all time? Hmm... it would be somewhere in the realm of Suikoden I & II, or FFVI. In case you can't tell, I'm an RPG fan.

Oooooo... and Baldur's Gate

Last edited by Matthew Mercer on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Megaman 2, I'm currently working through Megaman 9, and its taking me back to the old days.

Nerdy
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarsun on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:45 pm

A few of my ds games are rpgs!

I also want SCIV >< darn it being so spendy and my work not paying me enough! Razz

solarsun
Toad Thug

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Stranger_Things_have_Happened/

Back to top Go down

Post  pure_awesome on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 pm

I don't understand how everyone's favourite game of all time could NOT be Duck Hunt.

Seriously though, my favourite game of all time is Super Metroid. It's just... it's perfect. I'm really looking forward to Street Fighter IV.

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DMise on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:17 pm

Gonna have to go with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That was the very first game I picked apart and completed 100%, and it was the first to leave such an amazing impression. I picked up on gaming a lot more after that, and tried to catch up on what I've been missing out on for years.

Other games that are high up on my list: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, and Super Metroid, for my solo playing experiences anyways. All time multi-player faves would have to go to Turtles in Time, Kirby Superstar, Smash Melee, and Halo 1 (spent way too much time on these last two).

Nostalgia is setting in =(

DMise
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Ocarina of Time will always hold a special place in my heart- definitely my favorite. Super Mario Bros. 3 is a valid choice, though- certainly, in my mind, the best game of its generation. As for Oblivion, if you're going to go for a roleplaying game, go with Knights of the Old Republic- Oblivion's gotta be the best of this gen, though.

I'm not holding my breath on the FFIV remake. Let me know when they get around to rendering VI. That'll be a hoot. Castle Crashers is a lot of fun, but there are a lot better XBLA games out there- Braid, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Geometry Wars 2, and Rez, to name a few. As for the latest Soulcalibur, I've always been of the opinion that the series peaked at SC2- the mechanics just haven't been the same since. Never played Suikoden, I'm afraid- I must get around to it eventually. FFVI, in my opinion, is the best of the Final Fantasy games. So good on ya.

MUST PLAY MEGA MAN 9. It's on my to do list, I swear. 2, I think, is the best of the series- and it also claims the position of having my favorite soundtrack of any game. Crash Man, Flash Man, Wood Man, and Dr. Wily Stage 1 especially- those tracks are brilliant- but all of them are worth a listen.

Speaking of DS RPGs, what's up with this Sonic RPG by Bioware I keep hearing about? Does anyone have any info on that?

Ah, Duck Hunt. Good times. One of the guys in my dorm has a wall projector that plays Duck Hunt. Lots of fun. Hm, never played Super Metroid, I'm afraid- though the original only gets barely beaten by SMB3 for best NES game, I think.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam I are on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:48 am

I just have to name series. Just like with children, you can't play favorites (atleast you can tell them that)

Half-Life
GTA
TimeSplitters
Red Faction
FF:Tactics
Katamari
Patapon
Anything Valve touches

Sam I are
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyV on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:27 am

Favorite Recent Release: MGS4/Super Mario Galaxy

Favorite Game(s) of all time: Baldurs Gate 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Kingdom Hearts
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI
Super Punch Out

JohnnyV
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:47 am

I've always kinda thought KH was overrated. Not to say it's a bad game- it's a fantastic game- but there are so many better games out there, in gameplay and story. I think it's just a classic example of cameo enamoration. Which is a funny thing to say here, as this is what the whole web series of BRAWL is based on.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyV on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 am

ah, no way...I mean in terms of story you could say that it's lacking when compared to other RPGs..but there are few games out there who have as much fun in its gameplay than KH...one of the few RPGs out there that rely heavily on its gameplay for its greatness

JohnnyV
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobs on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm kind of a Metroid freak *points to avatar*
My favorite games are:
1. Metroid Prime
2. Super Metroid
3. Brawl
4. Ocarina Of Time
5. Goldeneye

I also really like the Pikmin games, the Prince of Persia trilogy, and a bunch of other stuff i don't remember. I'm not the biggest mario fan only because those games lack any kind of interesting plotline, unlike this awesome video series xD

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 pm

My top 5. It's more of an "as of now" but meh.

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)- Awesome multiplayer game. So many characters to play as. I just love getting into some intense matches. Subspace is alright, but multiplayer is all that matters. Surprised it's #1?

2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (NGC)- Really, I'd like to put all or most Zelda games here, but my favorite one of them all is Wind Waker, because the art style is kinda cool. It has some of the best dungeons and boss fights. Sailing is fun, but can take awhile. And The Wind Waker has the best ending of all the Zelda games, IMO.

3. Resident Evil 4 (NGC/PS2/Wii)- The best survival horror game and has a lot of replay value. It has interactive cut scenes, graphics are amazing (for its time), and great voice overs. Aiming works better on the Wii rather that NGC or PS2.

4. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)- A great follow up to FE: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn is a great turn-based strategy with RPG elements (leveling up and such). What makes it my favorite of the Fire Emblems is that it is the longest, with 40+ chapters and has a great story to follow. I just which the graphics and character models were better.

5. Pikmin 2 (NGC)- The sequel to one of the most original RTS games. It's longer and a lot more fun than its predecessor. I just love the mindless killing of weird creatures with an army of soldiers that come from the ground and will obey any command and give their life for you.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SiliconeSoldier on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Current fave: TF2

Fave of all-time: Beyond Good and Evil

SiliconeSoldier
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:28 pm

TF2 is very, very good- arguably the best multiplayer game ever devised. But Beyond Good and Evil? It was great and all, but I think it's been given a little too much indie cred.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonas on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:40 pm

My favourite game of all time would be God of War for the PlayStation 2. Everything about it is great. I can't come up with a simple complaint.

Jonas
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HQ on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:17 pm

Guess my favorite game unwillingly has to be DDR since I've easily spent over $500 on the machine and on rentals. It's also been the most addictive and life consuming one. And this is after I had played other life consumers like SSBM, Diablo & Starcraft.

Others of worthy mentions are:

Tony Hawk series (stopped after THUG2 came out)
Mario Kart series (especially the DS version)
SSB series
DrumMania (I was playing this on the hardest difficulty level before my lifelong dream of getting a real kit)
ParaPara Dancing
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Lunar: The Silver Star Story
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (mostly because of the Chaos)
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Starcraft (Can't wait for the second one!)
Star Ocean: The Second Story (my favorite RPG)

HQ
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlan Phoenix on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:35 pm

HQ wrote:
Star Ocean: The Second Story (my favorite RPG)

I love you.

That and Eternal Darkness are my two favorites.

Harlan Phoenix
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopstix on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Pokemon Blue is the main reason I didn't have friends back in 1998. Seriously, this hooked me for the rest of my life. I still have a "creepy" obsession with Pikachu. 

Chopstix
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlan Phoenix on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:57 pm

Chopstix wrote:Pokemon Blue is the main reason I didn't have friends back in 1998. Seriously, this hooked me for the rest of my life. I still have a "creepy" obsession with Pikachu. 

Blue was the shit for one reason.

Missingno.

Harlan Phoenix
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopstix on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Harlan Phoenix wrote:
Chopstix wrote:Pokemon Blue is the main reason I didn't have friends back in 1998. Seriously, this hooked me for the rest of my life. I still have a "creepy" obsession with Pikachu. 

Blue was the shit for one reason.

Missingno.
I loved how they eveolved into Khangaskan.

Chopstix
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam I are on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:44 pm

I was always behind for a long time in my early gaming career, I only ever had Gold and Crystal

Sam I are
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 am

I know I may alienate both the old school and the new school by saying this, but in my opinion, the series peaked in Gold/Silver.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopstix on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:28 am

Gorblax wrote:I know I may alienate both the old school and the new school by saying this, but in my opinion, the series peaked in Gold/Silver.
It's the truth though. It went really silly when it to Ruby/Saphire. I've heard they are making a DS remake of G/S though.

Chopstix
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:51 am

If they are, I'm most certainly there. Johto forever! I used to play professionally, back in the day, but quit once everyone started EV training in RS.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top