Fuck Yeah MAGFest

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fuck Yeah MAGFest

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:32 pm

BustaJonesGavin wrote:OOOOOOH God I'm so excited for this. Can't wait to meet all you fans. Less than a month awaaaay!

WOOOOO

I thought it was just Zach and Matt going

So who all is going then O.o

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BustaJonesGavin on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 am

The Meta Knight wrote:Additionally, any idea what day the panel will fall on for TWBB?

I'm pretty sure the panel will be on Saturday the 2nd.

And so far it's just Matt, Zach, and myself. We are trying to get other cast members to come but money is tight for all of us right now. Oh well, we'll just make fun of them since they won't be there. Very Happy

BustaJonesGavin
Marth

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hki6m0bifg

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:13 pm

you guys wouldn't be interested in some of the smaller conventions like OMGcon in the midwest would you?

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 pm

So.... who wants to see The Meta Knight at MagFest?

I know I do... I was planning to go with a friend of mine but we kinda lost our third person and can't afford the weekend (nor is a day-trip even plausible). We'd need the equivalent of a third person paying for the room (about $55). Anyone feel like givin' us money? Crying or Very sad

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Someone help this guy out

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 pm

i would if i lived closer...and had money =( i wanna go so bad. thats why i want to see them all go to OMGcon in kentucky...which probably wouldn't happen, ever Sad

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:25 pm

So yeah... my friend here so delightfully told me to ask the wonderful people of the TWBB forums if anyone would like to just "donate" US$60 towards the "Meta Knight & His Friend Go to MagFest" fund.

While I have accosted him for suggesting such a selfish thing... we do need the cash or a third person. I'm talking with a couple chaps I know, but we really would need to cement this by the start of the coming week if we want to reserve a room. For two nights (Staying 1st through 3rd) it'd be approx $50-$60 per person for the room.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:38 pm

i know how you feel...i'm going to have to try to scrap some money together for a costume and money for a hotel at OMGcon...

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:33 pm

*So much bitching and moaning later*

Finally, it's been cemented... The Meta Knight (and friend) will be going to MAGfest. Cool We must all hang out and do macho things together like gossip and play video games.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:17 am

Woohoo!

I'll see you there then.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arek The Absolute on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:36 pm

It is awesome to hear that you guys are going. So many of my favorite internet people are going to be attending this coming MAGfest. Unfortunately, this is the one year that I cannot attend due to financial reasons.

Ironic, I suppose Sad

Oh well, at least I will be there in spirit via the many friends I know that are going. I will try to get one to get an autograph from you guys Smile

Arek The Absolute
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Please Please PLEASE say it's in the northern Kentuckey area...

(Nothing ever 'appens to me)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:51 pm

TheTJ wrote:Please Please PLEASE say it's in the northern Kentuckey area...

(Nothing ever 'appens to me)
Just outside DC. Google it foo'

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Enny on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:05 pm

So episode 10 is supposed to come out tomorrow, and the Brawl panel will be on Saturday. Is episode 10 recommended viewing prior to attending the panel, or will you guys play it there?

Enny
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aktrez on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:10 pm

I have been wanting to visit my old stomping grounds .... maybe I'll show up!!

Aktrez
Samus

View user profile http://www.aktrez.tv

Back to top Go down

Post  BustaJonesGavin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:57 am

Aktrez wrote:I have been wanting to visit my old stomping grounds .... maybe I'll show up!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA???! We have TWO panels at MAGfest. My flight leaves in 7 hours to go to Virginia. Are you really showing up??

BustaJonesGavin
Marth

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hki6m0bifg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:41 am

Well regardless we all need to freakin' hang out tonight or tomorrow after the panel(s). That is a must.

Well, now I'm heading off on my long journey to MAGfest. Cya!

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Enny on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:34 am

Oh my goodness, ilu gaiz. The panels were epic, the marathon was epic, and I'm really sad that I had to leave The Aftermath panel - with its shirtless Brawlers - early.

I have a few reallybadquality photos complete with other people in the way, and an 8 minute video from the first panel that includes Zach, Matt, Gavin, and Andrew drinking 'apple juice'.

Btw, Gavin, I was 'matt' in the pictochat, and you totally broke my heart when you said I couldn't hug you then. Though I imagine by the time you read this, you won't remember anything from that panel.

Enny
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryngo on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Enny wrote:Oh my goodness, ilu gaiz. The panels were epic, the marathon was epic, and I'm really sad that I had to leave The Aftermath panel - with its shirtless Brawlers - early.

I have a few reallybadquality photos complete with other people in the way, and an 8 minute video from the first panel that includes Zach, Matt, Gavin, and Andrew drinking 'apple juice'.

Btw, Gavin, I was 'matt' in the pictochat, and you totally broke my heart when you said I couldn't hug you then. Though I imagine by the time you read this, you won't remember anything from that panel.
Please share your stuff with us. Their other pannels (on youtube) were all very funny. I'd love to see this one too.

Eryngo
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfold on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:18 pm

It was awesome seeing you guys at MAGFest. I couldn't stay for the viewing or the aftermath panel, but when we got to the place where we were going to crash we ended up watching the series anyways. Though I wish I was able to stay for the whole series viewing since watching it on a big screen is better than a computer screen. For the first panel, that was some really strong "apple juice" (I can't imagine how drunk you all were by the 1am panel). Gavin ended up paying attention more to the Pictochat (aka Dickochat). They also talked about how they won't work with a certain contractor/website whose contract expired when the series ended. There was also a lot of clapping (a lot of freaking clapping, some talk about noses, phone calls, and some voice acting).

Hearing Matt do the Kirby voice to me makes Kirby more of a badass. The reciting of some lines and the constant referrals to how little sleep Matt ended up getting (and the constant bursts of laughter by Gavin) were also great. Some of the behind the scenes stuff that we were told about after the panel (especially with the whole Mother connection) were awesome. Can't wait for the DVD (or whatever you decide to release it as) to come out whenever you finally are ready to start putting it together. Zach, Matt, Gavin, Andrew, and everyone else who came thanks for an awesome time!

P.S. Andrew, look at the bright side, by living in Baltimore you didn't have to take a plane to get to MAGFest (though having to kill Ike early as an effect of the move and not being able to spend sleepless nights on the production might be considered a downside). To whoever we ended up talking about quantum physics to afterwards: My reaction is still "WTF" and is probably better summarized by this: affraid . And now that I think about it, if any of you guys remember any of this, then the apple juice was obviously not strong enough (and the bar wasn't serving strong enough drinks).

Tenfold
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhiel on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:29 pm

pictarz? Do want!

Zhiel
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://bleachedsouls.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Zentropy on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Tenfold wrote:Some of the behind the scenes stuff that we were told about after the panel (especially with the whole Mother connection) were awesome.

Sounds awesome, can you elaborate on that?

Zentropy
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drez on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:32 pm

First post on the forum, and registered because the guys told me to at MAGfest because they felt that I was being deprived of this wholesome and awesome experience...or whatever.

So I'll start by recounting my experience at the panel. It was cool to see the guys and how they reacted. They were actually really awesome (as in, they weren't dicks). It was cool how when my friend, sitting next to me, asked about Mario and Luigi's sub-par noses, they called up Matt Key and told him he had a sub-par nose. Then again, I could smell their drinks from the my seat in the front row.

I got a chance to talk to Zach Grafton in person too. We discussed all of it right there, I mean there is a guy who is INTO that project. It was inspiring to see how he really loved the project, and how he was so fueled by the fact that there were people as into it as he was. By the time we finished talking in the room everyone else was off at the bar.

Then of course at the bar I met a guy who was his girlfriends friend and told us that US history is a bunch of bullshit, and we discussed Quantum Physics for a bit.

talk about a great experience.

Drez
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Well, I'm back from MAGfest. The convention itself was perhaps not my cup of tea... but the TWBB panels and shenanigans were totally worth it. Got to meet Warchamp, Spirehouse, and of course Matt, Zach, Andrew, and Gavin. Absolutely great meeting you guys and I hope we get to hang out again Very Happy (Or perhaps work together?? Wink )

I didn't see Episode 10 until the night of the marathon (aka last night...at 12:30am...without sleep).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhNy5S6oDtY#t=4m17s
(4m 17s -> 5m 26s)
That's pretty much the emotion I felt for about 3 hours. FOR THREE ENTIRE HOURS. affraid

Totally hugged Matt Mercer too. Manly hug. Serious kudos all around and I'm rather impressed with the great discussions (however drunken they were) about the series.

I shall post more when I am able to gather my thoughts and perhaps decipher all the videos I took of the really drunken panel. Yes, I video taped that shit. Fuck Yeah!

The wonderful presence of There Will Be Brawl at MAGfest. Zach, Matt (Ganon), Gavin (Marth), and Andrew (Ike)

And two of the three forum-goers represent! Myself, Zach, and Warchamp. (I couldn't get Matt away from his entourage long enough to take pics Sad Shoulda planned that better.)

Last edited by The Meta Knight on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : lol spelling)

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drez on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:36 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:Well, I'm back from MAGfest. The convention itself was perhaps not my cup of tea... but the TWBB panels and shenanigans were totally worth it. Got to meet Warchamp, Spirehouse, and of course Matt, Zach, Andrew, and Gavin. Absolutely great meeting you guys and I hope we get to hang out again Very Happy (Or perhaps worth together?? Wink )

I didn't see Episode 10 until the night of the marathon (aka last night...at 12:30am...without sleep).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhNy5S6oDtY#t=4m17s
(4m 17s -> 5m 26s)
That's pretty much the emotion I felt for about 3 hours. FOR THREE ENTIRE HOURS. affraid

Totally hugged Matt Mercer too. Manly hug. Serious kudos all around and I'm rather impressed with the great discussions (however drunken they were) about the series.

I shall post more when I am able to gather my thoughts and perhaps decipher all the videos I took of the really drunken panel. Yes, I video taped that shit. Fuck Yeah!
oh man, bro, you are now my best friend ever

Drez
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top