Fuck Yeah MAGFest

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fuck Yeah MAGFest

Post  Sanosukesama on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Haha, can't wait for the reports from MagFest! (Zach's facial expression FTW Razz )

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  spirehouse on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:36 am

Yeah, MAGFest was pretty amazing. Great start to the New Year!

Thanks Zach, Matt, Gavin, and Andrew for coming to MAGFest in the first place and also for being totally awesome while there. Matt gets extra points for LARPing and for buying me a drink. I think Zach's girlfriend also bought me a drink... I don't remember that part of the night very clearly... Laughing I do remember her offering me a piece of pizza, so either way she is a terrific lady. Thanks also to Matt Key and Paul Duraso for your phone time at the panel.

Thanks for answering my two big questions at the first panel and for hanging out pre-marathon. Gavin and Andrew, you guys are troopers. Thanks for putting up with me at the marathon. Embarassed Sorry I missed the first part of the second panel, but it was an hilarious surprise to stumble in and find three quarters of the panel shirtless. Seeing the blooper reel is better in person.

I'm glad my friends finally got into the series. The only complaint my friend Fred had was that so much talent was spent on a webseries. Personally, I'm glad it was and I wish everyone involved the greatest success in the future.

Warchamp, The Meta Knight, it was nice to meet you both. You guys are outstanding.

spirehouse
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile http://spirehouse.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:45 am

spirehouse wrote:Yeah, MAGFest was pretty amazing. Great start to the New Year!

Warchamp, The Meta Knight, it was nice to meet you both. You guys are outstanding.

HOLY SHIT. Now that I see your avatar I completely remember who you are (I wasn't 100% sure)

Anyway, MAGFest fucking ruled as I knew it would. Though it was much more awesome thanks to the presence of Matt and crew. They were all so fucking drunk by the time the second panel came around. So were half the people AT the panel.

But drunk or not, all four of the guys were totally cool and shit. I didn't get to talk to Andrew a lot but he was pretty cool. Matt was a totally awesome guy but he was almost constantly swarmed with people. Gavin and Zach were especially fucking cool for the entirety of the time I spent with them. I got many manly hugs from Gavin and many fist pounds from Zach.

Also, once I get a hold of a camera I have a picture to post of my poster. I went down to the dealers area and found a Brawl poster of Ike, Marth and Metaknight. (The three actors there at MAGFest O.o) and it was the LAST ONE they had. So of course, I bought that shit and brought it over to the guys to sign. They all wrote a line (or tried to in the case of Gavin who was drunk as hell at this point) along with their signatures.

Matt (Metaknight): I will be here... watching.
Andrew (Ike): Get a haircut
Gavin (Marth): His name is Ike, a name you're not fit to speak
Zach: I wrote all this shit! and Warchamp rules!

I only wish Gavin, Zach and Andrew hadn't disappeared after the second panel so I could have given a proper goodbye to them.

All in all, MAGFest was awesome and the awesome was multiplied at least tenfold by the presence of these four god tiers.

Last edited by Warchamp7 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilwarin on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

To those who went, will there be video of the panel(s) up on YouTube soon?

Wilwarin
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Wilwarin wrote:To those who went, will there be video of the panel(s) up on YouTube soon?
Dunno about others but... for me, this completely depends on whether or not the group is alright with me showing them drunk/shirtless. Rolling Eyes The majority of the footage I have is from the second panel, which is after the marathon and quite a number of alcoholic beverages for the majority of the room. (Dear god I hated the people behind us... ugh!... such inconsiderate bastards).

I've only got two or so clips from the first panel (before the marathon) and that's pretty clean. In fact I might have Matt Key and Paul Duraso's phone calls on there (via a PA system).

If not, I'll give some sort of synopsis of the more awesome questions of the panels that I can recall/get from the videos.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfold on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:So of course, I bought that shit and brought it over to the guys to sign. They all wrote a line (or tried to in the case of Gavin who was drunk as hell at this point) along with their signatures.

That's awesome (any chance of you taking a picture of it?). And yeah, Gavin was drunk even during the first panel and the way they were drinking at the bar afterwards it was made pretty obvious that they'd be drunk as hell by the time the second panel came around.

The Meta Knight wrote:I've only got two or so clips from the first panel (before the marathon) and that's pretty clean. In fact I might have Matt Key and Paul Duraso's phone calls on there (via a PA system).

Clean videos or not, I'd post them anyways. Of course, there was someone filming all the way in the back with what seemed to be like a really nice camera (no idea what is going to happen with that though). The phone calls were awesome, especially with Matt Key trying to talk about what he said at New Years. Not to mention I really want to hear Matt's Kirby voice again.

Tenfold
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:13 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:drunk/shirtless.

Yes ladies, everyone but Zach removed their shirts at the second panel.

The Meta Knight wrote:
Dunno about others but... for me, this completely depends on whether or not the group is alright with me showing them drunk/shirtless. Rolling Eyes The majority of the footage I have is from the second panel, which is after the marathon and quite a number of alcoholic beverages for the majority of the room. (Dear god I hated the people behind us... ugh!... such inconsiderate bastards).

Upload everything :V

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Double post for poster picture

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shy Guy Red on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:04 pm

I am in shock and awe at the poster and how great it sounds it was.

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryngo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Just out of curiosity, did any of the guys do any voices? If so, which lines did they say?

Eryngo
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Eryngo wrote:Just out of curiosity, did any of the guys do any voices? If so, which lines did they say?

http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/ganondorf-s-best-line-and-marth-t400.htm

I had Matt do the killing mitts line and had Marth do the 'His name is Ike' line. Ike did "Get a haircut" and I'm pretty sure Matt was asked to do Kirby once or twice.

Also, they called Matt (Luigi) and Paul (Mario) during the panel and we had them do a line each.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:I had Matt do the killing mitts line and had Marth do the 'His name is Ike' line. Ike did "Get a haircut" and I'm pretty sure Matt was asked to do Kirby once or twice.
Got that on tape.

Also, they called Matt (Luigi) and Paul (Mario) during the panel and we had them do a line each.
Thought I recorded that... apparently I didn't. Gotta check my camera again Sad

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spirehouse on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:55 am

Ike also did the "Hold your tongue, furry." line.

spirehouse
Hyrulean Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  BustaJonesGavin on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Enny wrote:Oh my goodness, ilu gaiz. The panels were epic, the marathon was epic, and I'm really sad that I had to leave The Aftermath panel - with its shirtless Brawlers - early.

I have a few reallybadquality photos complete with other people in the way, and an 8 minute video from the first panel that includes Zach, Matt, Gavin, and Andrew drinking 'apple juice'.

Btw, Gavin, I was 'matt' in the pictochat, and you totally broke my heart when you said I couldn't hug you then. Though I imagine by the time you read this, you won't remember anything from that panel.

=O!!!

D:

Oh noooo. I didn't mean to say no to the hug! When I saw "matt" I thought it was a creeper trying to say they were Matt Mercer. You should have made your nick name something else. I would have totally hugged you. I'm sorry I broke your heart. Sad

Also, post your pics and videos. Share with the world just how drunk we got off that "apple juice". Holy shit my deepest apologizes if I ever went too far. haha. What a blast to see you all and feel all your love. It truly was a wonderful weekend! Very Happy

BustaJonesGavin
Marth

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hki6m0bifg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:59 pm

So this afternoon I'm uploading clips from the There Will Be Brawl panels up to my youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/evanASF27

So far three clips are up, fourth being processed, and some more I'm trying to decide on from my camera in the queue. All will be uploaded by the end of the night Smile

Enjoy!

((Gavin, you're an awesome drunk. The rest of the room though....))

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WorkshopofStupidity on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:06 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:So this afternoon I'm uploading clips from the There Will Be Brawl panels up to my youtube account.

So far three clips are up, fourth being processed, and some more I'm trying to decide on from my camera in the queue. All will be uploaded by the end of the night Smile

Enjoy!

Thanks so much. I was just about to ask if there was any place I could watch it. Sadly I was unable to attend due to the fact I didnt have enough money to pay for a trip.

WorkshopofStupidity
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/WorkshopofStupidity

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Ah, I'm in Clip 1 after the lines. I asked about the Deku Nut / Pitfall

You guys win Sad

Clip 3 I'm the guy that says "Cause Fuck You Matt Key" at 1:38 after they talk about ripping everything away from Luigi

:3

Last edited by Warchamp7 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:So this afternoon I'm uploading clips from the There Will Be Brawl panels up to my youtube account.

Enjoy!

This stuff is awesome and I wish I coulda made it. Bravo for video good sir

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WorkshopofStupidity on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Ugh the more I watch, the more angry I am that I didnt go.

WorkshopofStupidity
Feral Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:31 pm

ok, i gotta ask

Why are they shirtless?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BustaJonesGavin on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Oooooh dear lord I was so drunk, dicktochatting it up to the max!

BustaJonesGavin
Marth

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hki6m0bifg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Ansem wrote:ok, i gotta ask

Why are they shirtless?
BustaJonesGavin wrote:Oooooh dear lord I was so drunk,[...]

Does that answer your question?

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spirehouse on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:38 pm

BustaJonesGavin wrote:Oooooh dear lord I was so drunk, dicktochatting it up to the max!

You and most of the audience.

I heard you took your shirts off because someone said it was "shirtless o'clock". I spent the first part of the panel in the shower, so I missed some of the drunken antics.

spirehouse
Hyrulean Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Those are great.

Matt: "Oh Jesus, I have no shirt on!....What happened?...."
Damn, that drunk?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WorkshopofStupidity on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:39 pm

OMG I cant believe Matt just realized he had no shirt on.

WorkshopofStupidity
Feral Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top