There Will Be Brawl Fanset - Universal Fighting System CCG (Partial Promo Set 2 Up)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There Will Be Brawl Fanset - Universal Fighting System CCG (Partial Promo Set 2 Up)

Post  Cena on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:58 am

Remember that seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecret project I've been teasing for a while? Well, I'm effin' lazy, so I present it now. There Will Be Brawl - the fanset! ((If you're confused about what it is, read up here.))

TWBB1P | 01/10 | Ganon . .

Ganon uses people in so many ways, partly to grasp information, but also to hinder his opponents. Commiting 2 foundations on the opponent's end will block any attempts to hit you with grey card after grey card. He throws people away, and thus his abilities works in this way.

TWBB1P | 02/10 | Mario . .

Always the bruiser, Mario focuses on getting hard hits in. However, he's going to be somewhat hindered by his anger (and inebriation). It's gonna be difficult for him to hit, and when it does, it might hurt him. He's also a bit of an expert with fire attacks, saying he's "used to playing with fire".

TWBB1P | 03/10 | Luigi . .

Luigi has been looking for information, and as he adds to his bank of info, he increases his chances of getting more.

TWBB1P | 04/10 | Peach . .

Peach seems to have a vision for the future, and she'll do anything to achieve this end. If she's alive in the end, she'll use her confidence to revitalize herself. However nowadays, she's not above certain acts.

TWBB1P | 05/10 | Samus . .

Samus is...well, stripperific. She knows how to get what she wants, and she's not above using her tits as much as her word. She can shock anyone, although it'll take some more to get the girls along. And she'll find a way to make her attacks easier, and if she has to reduce its blow, then that's fine.

TWBB1P | 06/10 | Wario . .

Wario's a coward at heart. He'll sell whatever he can to get out of trouble. His abilities reflect this - either he's giving info to keep the cops at bay, or he's trading information for information.

TWBB1P | 07/10 | Streets of the Mushroom Kingdom

On the streets of the MK, you never know how things will turn out. What is known is that the longer you stay out on the streets, the more likely some unknown scenario will help you succeed. Whether it's catching your breath, losing it on the streets, getting some more info, or whatever else, anyone can take advantage of it, but only if they do so quickly.

TWBB1P | 08/10 | Dedede's Harem

As Dedede said, some men just need a little pick-me-up to get the blood boiling. After one visit to his ladies, one will find themselves with enough blood boiling to gain the upper hand in a fight. However, these ladies don't come cheap, so there's no chance of someone using them again.

TWBB1P | 09/10 | There Will Be Brawl

In this world, one must take advantage of random chance. If there is even the slightest chance that the same tactic will work again, why not go for it? And even if it doesn't work, you can gain new insight an information, more than if you hadn't done so in the first place. You just have to have some momentum and lady luck on your side.

TWBB1P | 10/10 | Zelda's Authority

Being police captain has its perks. Zelda, once-proud princess of the kingdom of Hyrule, has let her new post get to her, it seems, and now she is using and abusing it to stop people in their tracks, as well as slowing the flow of information in the underworld. Is she behind this villainous coup d'├ętat to usurp Peach? Only time will tell.

((FULL SET IS UP, PART OF SET 2 IS UP NOW))

All right, folks! There Will Be Brawl Promo Set 2 is up (at least the non-special characters)! I'll post it here as well as on the first post.

TWBB2P | 01/07 | Captain Falcon . .

Captain Falcon is a valiant bounty hunter with a preference for the good life. However, mess with him (and his beloved), and you'll soon find him beyond angry. He will strike you down with one blow. Only one would be needed, he reckons.

TWBB2P | 02/07 | Dedede . .

A penguin who knows how to parlay, Dedede will find a way to get things his way, if not entirely. He'll also hold off damage to himself by selling any information he has.

TWBB2P | 03/07 | Lakitu . .

As the one who has the ability to influence public opinion, Lakitu takes advantage of every opportunity he gets, even if he doesn't get to put his own agenda out there. Not that he has much to say, anyway - he's just here to relay the news with a smile.

TWBB2P | 04/07 | Link . .

Link watched his country fall; it's unsurprising that he wants a bit of control. He'll only take as much as he needs, though, whether it's to hinder whoever opposes himself and Zelda or to strengthen his own power. It also cannot be forgotten that Link is an accomplished swordsman in his own right.

TWBB2P | 05/07 | Red . .

A kind-hearted teen that's somehow found his way into this dystopian war, Red and his Pokemon buddies just want to help bring about happiness - as a result, his intent is often guided the wrong way. Luckily, his faithful Pokemon, most prominent among them Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, help him understand that he has to fight for good. They also lend him assistance, just in case he ever gets in a scuffle, each offering their own expertise.

((MORE SOON))

Last edited by Cena on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://twitter.com/pt_Cena

Back to top Go down

Re: There Will Be Brawl Fanset - Universal Fighting System CCG (Partial Promo Set 2 Up)

Post  SurgePox on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:02 am

I love CCGs this is rad as hell.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: There Will Be Brawl Fanset - Universal Fighting System CCG (Partial Promo Set 2 Up)

Post  TheAlmightyAwesome on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:09 am

Wow. That's really cool, really great job...
I have no idea what's going on?
What are these?

You kids and your new-fangled games...get off my lawn!

TheAlmightyAwesome
Luigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:10 am

Research, Matt. Research.

EDIT: First post updated with a teaser as to the rest of the set's content!

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:12 am

Ok, THIS is badass. Damn you for tweaking my long-dormant CCG-loving nerve. After countless years lost to MTG, and most recently the WoW CCG, you've re-piqued my interest.

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:35 am

This is awesome.....like words can't even describe it

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Will There Be Moar? :3

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:06 pm

These are actually really good, well played Surprised Maybe they'll get made into an anime starring a 12 year old kid who has the soul of an ancient-going to stop now. *clears throat*

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  I Roam on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:08 pm

RAD!

I Roam
Mario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Aw, you guys...*fuzzies*

Well, I've finished designing (the abilities and atributes) of each card - I'm firing up Photoshop CSMUTHAFUCKIN4 (through a school computer) to piece together the last 5! Should have it done within the hour.

((Or maybe not, I might be going out with a friend, as it's my birthday. ^^))

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Cena wrote:Aw, you guys...*fuzzies*

Well, I've finished designing (the abilities and atributes) of each card - I'm firing up Photoshop CSMUTHAFUCKIN4 (through a school computer) to piece together the last 5! Should have it done within the hour.

((Or maybe not, I might be going out with a friend, as it's my birthday. ^^))

OH SNAP! Happy Birthday, Cena!!

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:36 am

((FULL SET IS UP))

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:45 am

... Nothing for Red and gang? Sad

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:48 am

Maybe in the next promo set. :3

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:51 am

Yaaaaaay! Also, props for Dedede's Harem card.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:53 am

smashbro wrote:... Nothing for Red and gang? Sad
You should make it Very Happy

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:55 am

SurgePox wrote:
smashbro wrote:... Nothing for Red and gang? Sad
You should make it Very Happy
If I can figure out how, I will!

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  I Roam on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:52 am

Happy Birthday Cena!

I Roam
Mario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aktrez on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:13 am

Woah Woah .... Might be harder for girls? Did you not SEE Samus score Barbarah's number in the bar? Samus gets the boys AND the girls. That's super sex appeal there, baby. Smile

Aktrez
Samus

View user profile http://www.aktrez.tv

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 am

Aktrez wrote:Woah Woah .... Might be harder for girls? Did you not SEE Samus score Barbarah's number in the bar? Samus gets the boys AND the girls. That's super sex appeal there, baby. Smile

What more is there to say.... Razz Hey hey Aktrez~

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:05 pm

Aktrez wrote:Woah Woah .... Might be harder for girls? Did you not SEE Samus score Barbarah's number in the bar? Samus gets the boys AND the girls. That's super sex appeal there, baby. Smile

Yeah, Becky, but if I were to do that, Samus would be broken in today's metagame. XD

Thanks for your opinion, though.

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Cena wrote:

Yeah, Becky, but if I were to do that, Samus would be broken in today's metagame. XD

Thanks for your opinion, though.
but wouldn't Broken fit samus' Character

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:59 pm

That's like saying just because Algol is broken in SCIV, he's broken in UFS. XD

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  sick of sickness on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:38 am

TheAlmightyAwesome wrote:You kids and your new-fangled games...get off my lawn!
Do you post on Fark by any chance? "New-fangled" and "Get off my lawn" are two memes used ad nasium...so if you're a Farker, lemme know!

sick of sickness
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:49 am

God, now that I built this set, I want to build a Legacy Waterloops Samus that takes advantage of her abilities, uses There Will Be Brawl and Material Advantage to loop, and just loop Clones, Kunai, and Feline Spike. Oh, damn, that makes me want to fap...

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top