The Sports Thread

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sports Thread

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 pm

We went 10-6 and Seattle is 7-9 and In the Playoffs. WHY MUST THE NFL HATE TAMPA SO

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:13 am

Is it weird that I'm predicting a superbowl run by the Seahawks. IDK why, I just am. Also, lol, 10-6 teams not making the playoffs.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:30 am

I am predicting the Super bowl to be the Pats Vs. the Falcons with the Falcons winning it.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:16 am

@smash every major sport network does that

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:41 am

Minby_Aran wrote:Is it weird that I'm predicting a superbowl run by the Seahawks. IDK why, I just am. Also, lol, 10-6 teams not making the playoffs.

New York Giants wut? :/

DRTJR wrote:I am predicting the Super bowl to be the Pats Vs. the Falcons with the Falcons winning it.

Well, they being the #1 seeds in each conference, this is an understandable prediction Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Packers, Steelers, who ya got?

Personally, I'm still pissed at Rapethesberger for knocking two of my three favourite teams out of the playoffs. In a row. Plus, Aaron Rodgers is a p cool guy. eh came out of Brett Favre's shadow and doesn't afraid of anything.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:Packers, Steelers, who ya got?

Personally, I'm still pissed at Rapethesberger for knocking two of my three favourite teams out of the playoffs. In a row. Plus, Aaron Rodgers is a p cool guy. eh came out of Brett Favre's shadow and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm thinking Packers as well. I normally actually like the Steelers, but between these two teams (steelers win ALL THE TIME) and following Rothelisberger's scandal, AND because I like Aaron Rodgers as an up and coming QB, I'm gonna support the Packers.

And yeah, Jets/Packers would have been a really interesting game, for sure, given that they were both #6 seeds.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Even though My support has been the Kiss of Death this year I am supporting the Packers

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Don't count your support out so quickly, DRTJR Razz

That was a good game; indeed, a lot closer than it looked to be a couple minutes before halftime. Nice comeback attempt by the Steelers, and nice victory by the Packers.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:58 pm

YES THE PACKERS WON! THE STEELERS WITH THEIR ASSHOLE COACH AND RAPIST QUARTER BACK LOST! FUCK YAHHHHHHHH!

yay I hate the steelers.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:32 am

DRTJR wrote:ASSHOLE COACH
Only part I have a problem with. Mike Tomlin is the nicest guy ever. Don't mess with him, he's chill. But yeah, Fuck Roethlisberger.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Anyone else watching the FIFA Women's World Cup finals? USA and Japan battling it out for the win. Kinda surprising that both teams made it this far considering japan has never been to the finals and USA isn't really known for (real) football.

Edit: Japan won. Intense game. Tied 1-1 after 90 minutes, and then 2-2 after extra time. Won in penalty kicks. Good game.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Hey DR, just wondering. Do you know of a radio sports announcer for Tampa Bay named Tom Korun?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:46 pm

So, the Detroit Lions, much to just about everyone's surprise, have been doing incredibly well this year. Now, I know some of you won't be following American Football, so to give you an idea of what most people thought of their team here's a knock knock joke.

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
The Detroit Lions.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

They went 0-16 in 2008. This year they've gone 4-0 so far. Last game they came back from a 20 point defecit, and today's game they came back from trailing 24 points against the Cowboys.

Basically, they've become an impressive team almost overnight (Overyear?). And since football season has started again I thought I'd pull a thread necro.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:51 pm

I live in Michigan, so the Lion's doing well is sort of big out here. People were talking about them winning their last few games and I just didn't know what to think about it. Not being much of a sports fan, I simply assumed that it was the baseball team (Detroit Tigers) as I get names mixed up all the time.

Also, there are god knows how many jokes about the Lions, it's actually quite entertaining

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, the Tigers are doing damn well too right now, in the Playoffs against the Yankees.

But yeah, holy shit the Lions. Calvin Johnson, greatest wideout in the league or what?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:57 pm

I can't wait for the packers/lions game, It should be awesome.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Silly Romo, deciding he didn't want to win anymore and turning the ball over a lot. I like it. As for myself, the Saints came through, and LSU just demolished Kentucky. All is well.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:08 pm

WHOO! 49ers took out the Saints in an AMAZING game.

Starts out great for the Niners, with a turnover at the end of a Saints drive. Then a long pass in which two saint defenders trip over each other. Then, on the kickoff, there's a fumble on the return and it's Niner's ball again. THIS is brought in for a touchdown. One more play and ANOTHER turnover, this one only good for a fieldgoal. So at this point it's 17-0 49ers.

But after the the offense does next to nothing productive and defense has to compete with Saint's passing game, which is no small feat. In the fourth quarter the score is 23-17. Then there are a BUNCH of major drives in the last four minutes. First a Saints touchdown and extra point bringing it to 23-24. Niners return with their own touchdown with a 28 yard rushing play by the QB (With Alex Smith this is VERY rare) but the miss the two point conversion so the score is 29-24. The Saints come back with yet ANOTHER touchdown and they DO make the two point conversion, bringing it to 29-32 Saints lead with only 1:37 left on the clock.

THEN Alex Smith makes a series of passes downfield, until eventually they're all the way down to about the 18 yard line with 13 seconds on the clock and it's 2nd down. At this point they have one more play to make before they call a time out, set up a field goal, and tie the game. Problem is, with the 49ers offense and the new playoff overtime rules (First to 6 points basically) they don't really stand much of a chance. They make the play anyway and wouldn't you know it? Touchdown! Barely caught the receiver on the line with almost no time left. They make the extra point bringing the final score to 36-32 49ers game!

So now, the 49ers have to beat whoever wins between the Giants and the Packers. If they do that They're in the SuperBowl and will face off against either the Patriots or the Ravens (Probably the Patriots).

So yeah, I am quite excited! For the first time in a long time one of my teams is doing well in the playoffs!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Hey, don't count out the Broncos or the Texans just yet.

Alright, maybe the Broncos, because they're getting crushed right now, but still.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:36 pm

7-42 in an away game?

Yeah, it's all over but the crying.

Although it's a shame. I hate the Broncos for taking the Playoff seat away from the Raiders despite losing that last game, but I genuinley like Tim Tebow. Oh well, maybe he'll be traded to the Bengals or something and I can like him then.

As for the Texans... I frankly don't really see them winning against the Ravens. And if it DOES come down to 49ers vs. Ravens at the Superbowl it'll be two head coaches that are brothers, so that'd be pretty cool.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I watched the niner game today. Very good game. They'll be the team I root for for the superbowl cause of geographic location. Football isn't really a sport where I have a favorite team, save for that I kinda favor the charger. Oh, and this year I was hoping that the Lions would win, since a couple years ago they were the worst team in the NFL.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm rooting for the Giants, as I always do. Their game against the Pack should be amazing, last time they were so close (35-38, I would have been at the game if not for finals), and they're playing better now than in a long time.

Against the 49ers I will still root for Big Blue, but if the 49ers win I'd love to see them win it all. It's been a long time, I enjoy seeing them do well, and their game against the Saints was downright AMAZING.

And I agree smash, a Lions win would have been awesome.

I also find Tebow okay, but I'm sick of his hype. Would have loved to see him take down the Pats, and concurrently appreciated him more for it, but the fact is in my eyes he's still largely a mediocre quarterback, who can stand out at times but needs to mature if he's going to really stand out beyond his hype.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:39 pm

I think that during the off-season Denver will polish their game and go 10-6 or 11-5. Tebow is a good quarterback, and will only get better.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm pulling for the Giants to beat the Packers as well, but mostly because it will give the 49ers Home-field advantage next week, and I think the Giants will be an easier match up for them.

Although, could you imagine if the Niners won the Superbowl after beating the Saints, then packers, then Patriots? I think I would have to flip out if that happened. Flip out hard. I'd get a spinal injury due to the excessive flipping I would exhibit.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top