The Sports Thread

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sports Thread

Post  DRTJR on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Relmitos wrote:How bout that Saints game? Came out with the big win. Bucs even had an 80 yard-ish pass play and couldn't push it in for the Td with less then 5 yards to the In-zone, and shanking that field goal. Last catch in the In-zone that would've given them a chance to tie the game, and the receiver's heel goes out of bounds. Good day in the world of sports.
I have nothing but hate and spite towards you and all that support that accursed team, the reffs won that game for the saints, that last call was COMPLETE BULLSHIT as well as the 4th down penalty in the 3rd quarter. so pray that Drew Brees isn't struck by lightening by the end of this season because that game like the LAST THREE TIMES we faced YOU SONS OF BITCHES. the saints suck and you suck for liking them!

The only reason you guys have EVER beaten us for the past two years if the fact that their are more saints fans and the buccaneers are only popular here and almost nobody is a "Die hard" buck fan. The world of sports is in a dark place and so long as the saints win it will continue to be. the saints need to enter a thousand years of darkness that the rams or lions were in and NEVER come out.

The saints got off easy, and have always gotten off easy. and it pisses me off when I CAN SEE penalties that SHOULD be called on the saints and the FUCKING REFS can't. may the saints franchise get shipped off to canada and FREEZE THERE!

Fuck 'em

Edit: If this offends you but sorry. I hate your franchise and all that it stands for, and is the sole reason for hating the entire state of Luisana as well as ever other team in the state. I may not like players from other teams, but I HATE the saints. I will never buy a product that Drew Brees advertises for, or any other saint. and I thought that your abomination of a team were finaly going to get the noose they deserved for all the Bull that they've pulled since Katrina.

Last edited by DRTJR on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pure hatred)

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Uh, dude? It's just a game? Like, that is way too vitriolic for sports, seriously. I hate Collingwood (Australian AFL team), doesn't mean I hate everyone who lives there. Razz

In other news, Australia and New Zealand tied in the rugby. Which is awesome, I was expecting us to lose.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 pm

DRTJR wrote:
Relmitos wrote:How bout that Saints game? Came out with the big win. Bucs even had an 80 yard-ish pass play and couldn't push it in for the Td with less then 5 yards to the In-zone, and shanking that field goal. Last catch in the In-zone that would've given them a chance to tie the game, and the receiver's heel goes out of bounds. Good day in the world of sports.
I have nothing but hate and spite towards you and all that support that accursed team, the reffs won that game for the saints, that last call was COMPLETE BULLSHIT as well as the 4th down penalty in the 3rd quarter. so pray that Drew Brees isn't struck by lightening by the end of this season because that game like the LAST THREE TIMES we faced YOU SONS OF BITCHES. the saints suck and you suck for liking them!

The only reason you guys have EVER beaten us for the past two years if the fact that their are more saints fans and the buccaneers are only popular here and almost nobody is a "Die hard" buck fan. The world of sports is in a dark place and so long as the saints win it will continue to be. the saints need to enter a thousand years of darkness that the rams or lions were in and NEVER come out.

The saints got off easy, and have always gotten off easy. and it pisses me off when I CAN SEE penalties that SHOULD be called on the saints and the FUCKING REFS can't. may the saints franchise get shipped off to canada and FREEZE THERE!

Fuck 'em

Edit: If this offends you but sorry. I hate your franchise and all that it stands for, and is the sole reason for hating the entire state of Luisana as well as ever other team in the state. I may not like players from other teams, but I HATE the saints. I will never buy a product that Drew Brees advertises for, or any other saint. and I thought that your abomination of a team were finaly going to get the noose they deserved for all the Bull that they've pulled since Katrina.

People like you are partly the reason I stay away from sports.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

And they say the mets and yankees fans have anger problems.

Or, for that matter, BRS and Yanks.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Oh, come off it, DRTJR. The league HATES the 'Aints right now because of bountygate. There's no bias for them. I'm pretty pissed at the loss too, butcause I like the Bucs, and I love their throwback uniforms, but really, it was an unlucky play, that's all. Also, the Saints were so bad for so long, this is the first time they've ever been good.

In other news, Fuck the Patriots. That is all.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Ok so wait now DRTJR is allowed to be a complete and total douchebag asshole to people who don't do anything to deserve it, and I'm not allowed to be an asshole towards HIM.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:10 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Ok so wait now DRTJR is allowed to be a complete and total douchebag asshole to people who don't do anything to deserve it, and I'm not allowed to be an asshole towards HIM.

'eyyyy!

You figured it out!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:22 pm

The Problem is that intill the year before the Saints won the super bowl, NONE of the NFC south teams had a national following, the Falcons still don't, the Bucs don't, the Panthers don't yet the saints DO. people who've NEVER even seen Louisiana are saints fans. because they've been set up as The NFC south team, when prior the NFC south has never had a Juggernaut of a team, because their was balance. The NFC south has never had a single team go back to back as the division champ, ever. there were four teams that only had local followings and were from God awful to really good, and for the past six years have undeservedly been called this "Elite team" when they've just had a better than average quarterback while the other three teams were in low periods. I hope that the Falcons end Drew Brees' career when they play him, so the balance of power in the NFC south is restored.

@ snake: I am once because of the utter BS of the saints reccent success. you however is your modus operandi.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 pm

DRTJR wrote:have nothing but hate and spite towards you and all that support that accursed team, the reffs won that game for the saints, that last call was COMPLETE BULLSHIT as well as the 4th down penalty in the 3rd quarter.

Wth are you talking about? You did see that pass that was intercepted and was called an incomplete, and when the Saints challenged and we saw numerous replays that obviously showed the defender's hands between the ball and the ground, it was still called an incomplete, didn't you? Or how bout that drive that you got that last TD on? You were bailed out by the refs so many times. Half of those first downs were on penalties.

so pray that Drew Brees isn't struck by lightening by the end of this season because that game like the LAST THREE TIMES we faced YOU SONS OF BITCHES. the saints suck and you suck for liking them!

Don't hate because you don't have a multi-record breaking quality QB. If the Saints suck, the Bucs must suck real bad, because, you know, they lost to the suck Saints.

I must've missed the memo that said the number of fans determines who wins games, especially as it was a home game for the Buc's. Don't blame us just because they can't fill their own stands in their own stadium during a home game.

Yeah, because the Bucs played clean as well. Mhmm.

Yeah, so, like, I've wished nothing but a losing streak for your team ever since you posted

DRTJR wrote:The saints are 0-3 this pleases me so. My Buccaneers are tied for second in the NFC south, which is also a plus. So long as the Saints loose then I am a happy man.

This post was LITERALLY nothing more then "Lol the Saints lost!"

I hope you didn't expect me to say nothing if the Saints had won this game.

I had nothing against the Bucs until that post happened.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Please be respectful, just because you do not like a sports team does not mean you get to be rude towards people who do. I appreciate your passion but I wish you could channel it in a way that isn't negative towards other forum members.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Relm I'm sorry if I offended you. And my Buccaneers do in Fact Suck, I know this we have since Gruden left because of being second fiddle to Manchester United in the owner's hearts and pocket books. That last call was Pure BS and the game should have gone into OT.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Handegg is stupid anyway. :B

SF Giants win game 7 to become National League champs! They were down 3 games to 1 against the Cardinals, and they came back and won game 7 tonight 9-0. You can never count them out. They will play against the Detroit Tigers in the World Series.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 pm

lol, baseball. */Mets fan*

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:51 pm

bleh i'm sad about the cards they had to just win one more game...just ONE more game. oh well the bears won tonight so that cheered me up. too bad it wasn't a complete shut out, still happy though Smile

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:56 am

So, DRTJR, are you happier now that the Bucs absolutely thrashed the Vikings? Because I sure as hell am.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:14 pm

It pleased me so. but the vikings have been in a low place for a while now.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:34 pm

The Giants swept the Tigers to win the World Series four games to zero. Games two and three were shutouts.

Giants fucking womp'd. Would have made it a little more exciting though if they had let the Tigers score more than six runs total.

I really hope now that some scandal doesn't happen where a player (or players) test positive for anabolic steroids.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 pm

I just got back to RPI from the Giants-Saints game; a ridiculous 52-27 Giants victory that felt a lot closer. The Giants now have a 1 game lead in the division, followed by both the Redskins and Cowboys, who baaarely won this week to stay in the race (Redskins winning by scoring 8 points at the end of regulation to tie, then getting a FG in overtime, Cowboys with a last-second come-from-behind touchdown).

It looks great, but next week Giants play the Falcons, currently top in the NFC, and the Skins play... I think it's the Browns? Things could get dicey for the Giants, since they lose a tiebreak against either of their current NFC rivals.

IF the Giants don't make it to the playoffs though, I'm probably rooting for RG3 and the Redskins. I greatly respect that team.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 pm

The Jets haven't completely shit the bed yet! (The operative word here being yet)

In better news, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO 'HAWKS! 3rd biggest point differential in NFL history against the Cardinals.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:27 am

So, the Sunday Night game between the Niners and the Patriots, amirite?

That game was what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. First 3 quarters were great for me (A Niners Fan) as they went up 31 to 3 at one point. Then late in the 3rd the Patriots rallied with an amazing 4 touchdowns in about 10 minutes. The Niners got some VERY nice turnovers over the course of the game, but it was straight up defense that won the day by holding the Pats back and forcing a punt. Niners went ahead by 10 with a TD and FG. With 2 mins left on the clock the Pats marched downfield and got a Field Goal with 30 seconds and tried an onside kick. The kick was easily recovered (For a change) and the Niners came away ahead 41 to 34.

Best game I've seen in a while.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:40 am

It's ok. All will be well when Russell "Hustle Muscle and Bustle" Wilson leads the Seahawks to Victory over the inferior Harbaugh and the 49ers.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:24 am

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus, the future currently looks bright for next season. Success was had.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/28/sean-payton-saints-contract-extension/1797397/

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:57 am

Booooooooooooooooo. That's literally the most boring way the whole Sean Payton thing could end.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:17 pm

So. Niners won and Ravens won.

Right now we're looking at a 1 out of 4 chance of a Harbowl. If the Falcons win against the Seahawks it'll be San Fransico in Atlanta, but if the Seahawks win it'll be a home game against Seattle. Either way I think they have good odds, particularly given the great performance against the Packers tonight.

For the Ravens to win they need to beat either the Patriots, or the Texans. I really don't think they have it in the to beat either team, but I would have said that about the Broncos as well so maybe they have a shot. I'll be pulling for the Texans tomorrow though because if they win, no matter what happens in the championship, the Pats will be out of it.

Mostly though I'm pulling for a Harbowl. Largely because I'm hoping that's exactly what it'll be called. Like, as part of the official title.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Are you forgetting what happened last time the 49ers had to play the 'Hawks? They got CRUSHED, that's what happened, and it'll happen again. DangeRuss Wilson is leading the 'Hawks to the Superbowl, and hopefully they can beat the 49ers so badly that Jim Harbaugh wipes that dumb grimace off his stupid face and learns some damn humility.

(Nothing against the 9ers, I just hate Jim Harbaugh.)

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top