The Sports Thread

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sports Thread

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Yes, at the Hawks' home stadium. For the Rematch they'll be in Niner's country. Kaepernick, good as he is, is still more or less a rookie, and the "12th" man got to him in Seattle. If there's a rematch the playing field will be in the Niner's favor.

As for Jim Harbough, he's a man who cares very much about the game and does what he can to take his team to victory. I actually like the fact he's so animated, shows passion.

Tell ya what, we'll see how things shake out tomorrow. If the Seahawks DO win against the Falcons we'll get that rematch and you'll see what the Niner's can do at home.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Kap is a great player, and will have a serious future in the league, but if he has to throw against the Legion of BOOM, he just can't do it. They'd need to rely on their run game which took a big hit when Clemons went down last week (FUCK YOU, Dan Snyder and your shitty field) but I still think It'll be a close game, a lot of passion, an lets hope the Falcons don't win, because either way, Hawks-9ers is way more intense than 9ers-Falcons.

Also, I don't care how, but if the Patriots make the Superbowl, I will be fucking furious. Lets go Texans, lets go Ravens.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Did you watch the Niners game? Kaepernick RAN for 179 yard. That's good for a rushing back, much less a quarter-back! Broke the rushing yardage record for a quarter-back. All time. It's like having an extra player on the field! If the Niners need to rely on the running game (And I think that'll be less of a problem in a home game enviroment) Then they are well prepared to do exactly that.

But I agree with the AFC, Go Texans and Ravens.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, to be fair, the Packers aren't really a great defense. But yeah, Kaep is something special, but so is Wilson.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:11 pm

WHOOOO!

49ers are in the Superbowl!

I've waited 10 years (Or longer) for one of my teams to make it! Whoever they go up against is going DOWN. Still pulling for the Ravens though, Harbowl and all that.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm

FUCK, SHIT, pancake, GODDAMNIT, IF THE FUCKING PATRIOTS MAKE IT TOO I WILL FUCKING FLIP A SHIT, JIM HARBAUGH, YOU COCKY, ARROGANT MOTHERFUCKER, PAYING OFF THE REFS TO GET YOUR FUCKING TEAM FARTHER THAN THEY DESERVE TO BE! CHOKE ON YOUR OWN FUCKING SHIT EATING GRIMACE, AND DIE, HARBAUGH.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Uhhhmmm... There weren't really many penalties in the game that I remember. There was one that kept the drive alive, but that was pretty flagrant. In fact during the game Jim harbaugh threw a challenge flag on what looked like the 49ers losing (It put the Falcons in great territory for a 4th down conversion) and lost the challenge.

Unless you meant JOHN harbough, coach of the Ravens. I don't know anything about refs, but the Ravens are a pretty solid team.

Are your claims substantiated? Like with references? Because you're sounding a bit like DRTJR did a few pages back at the moment.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:08 pm

What about the play where Patrick Willis was flagrantly holding Roddy White on the Falcon's last drive? No penalty called there. And when one Falcon's hand comes down from a block on Kaepernick and they get penalized for 15 yards. The calls were blatantly favoring the 49ers.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:42 pm

The hell they were! Sometimes in a game the calls go against one team over another. Sometimes the refs miss a penalty. Sometimes they're just wrong because they're human. None of this means they were paid off. To imply that because some calls went more in one teams favor means that the refs were bought puts pretty much all of football history into doubt. Calls will go against teams and for teams and the refs have to be as impartial as they could.

Now, I personally think the 49ers have been playing excellently and are a good enough team to be in the Superbowl. They beat the Packers handily at home and beat a, what, 13-3 team at an away game? Not shabby at all.

If you've got some irrational personal hatred for Jim Harbough for whatever reason, that doesn't mean his team didn't earn their spot or that the refs were crooked. Settle down.

(Oh and that helmet contact well after the pass titled the helmet downward sharply. Rules as written means that's roughing the passer, even if the passer wasn't hurt. It's one of those penalties they're using to discourage head injuries I think)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 pm

You're talking to a Seahawks fan. We KNOW that football history is tainted by cheating refs. That Superbowl in '05 is proof enough of that. And yeah, I'm exaggerating my emotions a bit, the 49ers are a good team, and I admit that, but that doesn't change the fact that there were BS calls in that game that favored them and could have changed the game. And I hate Harbaugh because he was, is, and will always be a scumbag, from his time as a whiny QB, to when he was at Stanford and even people playing for him disliked him, to now where he's an overconfident ass just because he inherited a good team coming off shitty coaching, and he acts like it's all his work.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Yes, because CLEARLY his work as a head coach in the past few years has NOTHING to do with their current success. The ONLY thing influencing is player ability with no input from coaches, that's why there are so many.

Look, you may hate him because he contests callings. He may even be whiny. But he's a good coach who's brought a team of talented players to the Superbowl.

It sucks that your team lost then, and it sucks the calls went against them. But guess what? It happens, sometimes to you. I don't seem to recall you accusing your team for paying off the replacement refs in the Green Bay game. You understood that the calls they made, however bad or incorrect, were mistakes and not actual legitimate cheating.

Besides, the Pats lost and it's a Harbowl. If you hate Jim so much then pull against his team, but don't make up lies and swear at him because he's "Whiny". It makes you look FAR worse than him.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Calm the fuck down, TJ. I already said I was exaggerating. You're taking this way too personally. 49ers fans of all people should know how to be humble after the seasons they had as bottom feeders in the worst division in the league, and now you're actin like you're the hottest shit in the world.

And come on, when your coach does this http://fauxjohnmadden.lockerdome.com/media/105045941#media/photos/105045941 because he lost a challenge, he's asking for it.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:12 pm

I honestly don't think I'm overreacting. Unless you mean during the game because I reacted similarly to that challenge.

Besides, you were swearing, and typing in caps lock, a clear sign of flying off the handle on the interwebs.

But, eh, that's his style of coaching. He gets into the games just as much as I do. Coaches will do that sort of thing, especially when the playoffs are on the line. I see it as him caring... quite a bit about the game. If you choose to see it as a personal failing that's more your problem.

(PS, we ARE the hottest shit in the world, we're in the Superboooooowl. Razz)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm saying this as a guy whose two favorite teams are coached by Rex Ryan and Pete Carroll, so when I'm saying he's a little too into it, you know that means something.

And I think you mean that you're in the Sup-Har-Bowl.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Harbowl tonight, who're your picks?

I think I'm rooting Ravens, but it's hard to pick; I don't hate either team, but don't love them either.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Hoo... It's a tough one.

...I think I'll have to go 100% Niners on this.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 pm

I've got my Russell Wilson Jersey on to Rep the Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year, my throwback "Titans of New York" cap, and all the food's getting ready. I am SO PUMPED.

Lets hope for an incredible game with no injuries, with the exception of Ray Lewis taking out Jim Harbaugh as the last play of his career, since Jim was also his first career sack.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm rooting for the one with Harbaugh coaching.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Be more specific, man. I'm rooting for Jack and Jackie's son.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:36 pm

C'mon guys, you KNOW J. Harbaugh's winning this one!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Oh man, this first half has gone terribly.

2 turnovers and gigantic gaps left in the defense. You're BETTER than this Niners!

49ers down by 15 at the half, but they DID come back from 17 against the Falcons, so it's not impossible for them to pull it out. Still, my head's hurting and I'm nauseous. My throat also hurts from screaming at the TV.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Well, the lights went out at the Superbowl.

Hopefully the Niners can use it to change momentum?

...Seriously. How are they this far behind.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah......I'm rooting the ravens so.....WOOOOOOOOOO! Razz

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm

And suddenly 2 touchdowns in 3 minutes by the Niners.

It's still a game.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Fuck.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down