Future Games on the Horizon

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future Games on the Horizon

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:58 pm

So after perusing the forums, I noticed we don't have a thread to talk about upcoming games that we're looking forward to on the horizons. On this thread, if you've got a bad@$$/awesome game that you're dying to to get, post up & share your info with everyone~ Pics, videos, links, reviews, previews, whatev, just toss it up & spread the <3 Cool

Let's get this party started with a recap of what happened with me last week. So it was the annual Gamestop Manager's Conference in Las Vegas, so me about 4500 other managers from across the US gathered in Vegas to learn what the vendors have in store for the rest of the year (& a bit into next year...). Though it wasn't on the scope of E3 or major game conventions, there was some info & insider stuff worth paying attention to. We'll start with the information forum members asked about.....

Bioshock 2
Now I've never played Bioshock 1, but everyone that I know that has all tell me it was awesomely mindblowing & I need to check it out. So going into this, I had no idea what to expect. Over at the 2K Games booth & around the corner, there was a spokeswoman narrating a video they had playing on the screen. She talks about how water will now play a more integral role to the gameplay & will be an important character to the story. The Big Daddy turns a valve & drains a corridor, then walks through. Around the corner, a Little Sister is struggling with a ghoul whose trying to grab her doll from her (I'm confused right here Razz But felt sorry for the poor thing! ) & the Big Daddy just whoops dude. Wasn't even a fight.....then the camera pans in front of the Little Sister as she goes 'Thanks mister!' (Awww!) & the two options pop up: Harvest or Adopt. They talk about how the Adam energy is still in the game to power up your character but if you Adopt the Little Sisters, they can point out otherwise unknown elements to the game. So in the demo, they choose to Adopt the Little Sister & the Big Daddy grabs the Little Sister & puts her on his shoulders....pretty epic. The narrator then mentions though that by adopting Little Sisters, enemies are also drawn to you & the Little Sister because they crave that Adam energy, so you'll be getting more encounters. They continue down the path & then come across this corpse, to which the Little Sister starts investigating & an epic battle starts between Big Daddy & the Ghoul-enemies. Afterwards, the Little Sister goes 'All Done!' & goes back to Big Daddy. Then the screen goes black, the Big Sister shows up, telepathically throws stuff at Big Daddy, then pounces him...end of video. Yeah, I was pretty impressed by this demo....& the game drops I believe January 2010. Good stuff~

The Bioshock 2

Mass Effect 2
Now Mass Effect 2 wasn't shown a lot of information on, but they did reveal to us a couple of things. There will be virtually no load time now in game as everything will spool off the disc as you play. They also overhauled the control scheme so its a lot less clunky, its more fluid when commanding others & attacking plus choosing special attacks. They're looking to expand the epicness with more plot twists & new characters so Bioware's really trying to make this a huge game. The Gamestop reservation bonus with Mass Effect 2 is a suit of armor with matching assault rifle called 'Terminus Armor'. They modeled the gun & armor off a jet stealth bomber, so that sounds pretty tight. Also check out Dragon Age Origins if you dig Mass Effect, that's another Bioware title but it comes out this year (in Octorber I believe....) Its a more Mature take on fantasy & its open world just like KotR or Mass Effect, so if you like their works, check It out. Mass Effect 2 drops January 16th.

Final Fantasy XIII/XIV
Heh, there's nothing to much to mention here, Final Fantasy for the next generations of consoles. But they showed us a video of Lightning, Snow, Vanillae, & Sazh (the guy with the afro that looks like Omar Eps!) walking into a cavern then get ambushed by a boss fight. They use Snow's summon & out pops Shiva, but now she's comprised of two women: Nyx & Styria. Nyx fights with a wheel & Styria fights with melee attacks, and then after building up the Gestalt bar (with continued attacks), they basically 'Power Up' & form Snow's motorcycles. (All summons will do the same, they will replace party members & begin building up the Gestalt bar; when its full, they become items the caster can use; this also makes all the items/weapons unique for each character). When Snow's on his motorcyle, all his attacks/commands are replaced with unique ones, so he just drove back & forth whopping the boss until the end of the demo Razz Pretty epic, XIII drops in June next year but surprisingly this ain't all of it. XIV also is guaranteed next year & I was able to ask the spokesguy in SE some quick questions. Basically the engine is changed in XIV so when you attack, you have to mix up Weak & Strong attacks to build up your TP bar. When your TP bar is filled, you unleash a Weapon Skill (same as XI for the most part). The only difference is its all command now so you actively have to hit the buttons, no more auto attack! (Sucks for you MNKs!!! BYAAAA! Razz RDM75 on XI myself, all Sjs leveveled~ WHM/BLM/SMN/DRK/NIN). There will also be no benefits for having a character in XI (no exp bonus or special items) but there will be some connectivity between the two games. The game will be guaranteed coming out next year in 2010, so I'm already working on a static to go Razz

Final Fantasy XIV

So yep, those are the games I took notes on but they discussed a wide range of games. They demoed the competitive aspects of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, the Penguin suit & its ability to slide all over the place; God of War 3 & its brutality (he gutted a Centaur! Then the Kratos cosplayer came out with its head in his hands Razz ) They're also putting God of War 1 & 2 on one Blu-Ray disc so you can play the originals with updated graphics & on one disc ; Halo 3 ODST with the co-op, one guy was driving the Warthog while the other manned the turret in an epic warzone; Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was shown with Spec Ops mode, the new co-op mode that is not story based, but mission objective based, ranging from get from Point A to Point B to Protect this Target till the end of the map. The Perks & Prestige system are coming back & redone, its gonna be funnnnn~ ; Assassin's Creed 2 was shown, how you can now more seemlessly get in & get out of crowds, killing targets with no hesitation: In the video, the player poisoned a bodyguard who started swinging his axe wildly, killing the intended target! Pretty good stuff....; Silent Hill: Shattered Memories with its updated gameplay & story; they showed us Left for Dead 2, now with just what the doctor ordered: More Crowbar!! The graphics & engine look dead on the same, but now there's a new zombie type that when killed, drops a pull of acid that damages you plus calls over the Horde; & also insider stuff too, like new Dsi colors white & pink, this holiday season only will there be offered black wii-motes (with Motion Plus bundled inside) & nunchakus (sp), so make sure you get yours~ & now, pictures!!! (My apologies for the quality, a photographer I am not.....)

Activision Booth

Which one is the Assassin....

Astro Boy

Atlus Booth

Bayonetta

Borderlands from 2K Games

Capcom Booth

Darksiders from THQ

Mario & Sonic

OBJECTION!!! Miles Edgeworth~

Modern Warfare 2

Ignition & Natsume

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Nintendo Booth

Nintendo Conference

Kratos Cosplayer

More Kratos

Rabbids With My Hat XD

Even More Rabbids!

DAAAAAAAA!!!!

Red Steel 2

Reggie Fils Aime talking to us

Sony's Booth

THQ WWE vs Raw display

*deep breath* Well, hopefully you guys enjoyed this, if I remember anything else, I'll definitely post up Cool But now....what are YOU guys hyped up for?

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Re: Future Games on the Horizon

Post  Smashy B on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Silent Hill: Shattered Memoried

Left 4 Dead 2

Okamiden (just announced actually, I just loved Okami)

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

The Grinder

Edit: These i assume weren't at the Gamestop manager's conference?

Last edited by smashbro on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:13 pm

I truly wonder how many more Resident Evil games CAPCOM can get away with making before the world echoes with the cries of a million fans "NO MORE! PLEASE NO MORE!" So there's no confusion though, I'm a big resi fan! study

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Umu, Shattered Memories was there in the Konami conference. An Officer Cybil cosplayer came out & talked to us, said about the redone atmosphere in Silent Hill (Now Harry has a PDA for instance) & its a complete reimagining of the original Silent Hill one. Graphics are new & you'll do unique Wii-mote motions throughout the game. L4D2 was also demoed (with the new zombie type that leaves acid pools upon its death which do damage) plus the melee weapons. Valve also admitted they will continue to support L4D1 through more content, so its not getting left in the dust. Some of the other games like the new Pokemon & Okamiden didn't get much mention since they're coming out next year, & a huge focus was for the rest of this year & the holiday season Sad But if anything trickles down on my end, you can be sure I'll post up~ (Okamiden looks fun, 'Chibiterasu' Razz )

@ Mentok: RE: Darkside Chronicles actually looks pretty fun, I <3 rail shooters like Time Crisis & Virtua Cop Razz They're also putting in a 'whole new' chapter unreleased or mentioned before in previous REs :O & they explained a bit why they did the 'Chronicles' series: Apparently with the RE5 boom, a lot of new RE fans that started with part 5 had no idea about the backstories, so they created these side games to get everyone caught up on what's going on.

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaeley on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Sanosukesama wrote: Final Fantasy XIII/XIV
Basically the engine is changed in XIV so when you attack, you have to mix up Weak & Strong attacks to build up your TP bar. When your TP bar is filled, you unleash a Weapon Skill (same as XI for the most part).

Sounds a lot like the Chrono Cross design, though hopefully they don't mess with the hit percentages like CC did. Items have enough of a screwy effect on accuracy without having to go into that level of detail.

Chaeley
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:34 pm

Sanosukesama wrote: But if anything trickles down on my end, you can be sure I'll post up~ (Okamiden looks fun, 'Chibiterasu' Razz )
As adorable as the little pup is, did they really have to tack on the 'chibi'? That's just a question I had when I found out that's what they're gonna call it.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:21 am

Sanosukesama wrote:

Bioshock 2

Mass Effect 2

Final Fantasy XIII/XIV
The game will be guaranteed coming out next year in 2010, so I'm already working on a static to go Razz

Final Fantasy XIV

Already planning on rolling rogaedyn Blacksmith. eagerly awaiting the launch of XIV.

Also, Thanks for the info on Bioshock 2 and Mass effect 2.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:28 am

Okamiden

Mario Bros wii

Metroid trilogie (still not released here them bastards)

Red Steel 2

Silent Hill; shattered memories

A mild curiousity toward the ninja turtles brawl clone

and No More Freakin Heroes

edit: oow and just for the hell off it: looking forward to seeing what games are going with the wii vitality sensor.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:48 am

Zelda Wii
Mertiod the other M
Fable 3
Suspect Halo ODST

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:11 am

Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Metroid: Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up (yeah, I want that, at least now)

Nothing else I can remember right now.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:59 am

Man, should see my reservation list at the job Razz Let's see.....

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
- Bayonetta
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
- Metroid: Other M
- Tekken 6 w/ Arcade Stick
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
- Golden Sun DS
- Lunar PSP
- Persona PSP

Still waiting on a couple of reservation SKUs to get turned on, like Tales of Vesperia PS3 version & FF XIV Cool Thanks to the forums too, me thinks No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is looking kind of interesting Razz

Hey Orland, do you have a good resource to track FF XIV's progress? Just wikipedia'd it & was cool, but I'm really curious to what Blacksmithing in the game entails Smile

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:13 am

Sin & Punishment 2.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:43 pm

I get most of my information from ffxiv.zam.com

There isin't much info released, I just know that i want to be ahead on the crafting scene. Though blacksmith may not be that.
Only time will tell.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:35 am

I'm not going to lie, I really want to level Dancer again Razz Mine stopped at DNC35 before I started moving around & stopped playing, & last I heard, DNC/PLD was teh uber combo for tanking.....but that'll be after RDM meets the main, or whatever job class comes close to RDM in XIV. Very Happy

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:38 am

PLD/DNC was fun for solo. Taking on a campaign mob with no help felt good for whatever reason.

If blacksmith doesn't turn out to be a crafter, i have no clue what I'll actually do.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 am

Was also thinking, if Blacksmith is a job class & they're removing the EXP leveling system, does that mean there will be equipment damager? Sure hope not, that'd suck.....

Also hope there's a variation of Ninjars in XIV Razz Loved Ninjar & genuienly enjoyed tanking as one too

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:25 am

I would support ninja, if they took out the need for tools. That was nothing short of an annoyance.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 pm

personally, I hate nin with a passion. I think nin killed 11, honestly. BCNM and mission fights had to have their difficulty jumped up a bit, everyone subs nin, and when a new melee job comes out, it's default sub is nin. It happened to blu, and it happened to dnc. All I'm saying, is that as soon as I figured out that pld can't tank the airship battle of CoP because it had to be challenging even if you had a nin tank, I died a little on the inside. SE never even meant nin to be a tank, they wanted it to be a dd that could help enfeeble and take less dmg thru utsu. It was players that warped it into a tank. That recent patch that came out that gave nin's Yonin and Innin? Yonin is just there to please the players, Innin is there to try to get people to play nin the way SE wanted them to play, I think.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:13 pm

NINs ruled just because ninjas rock the house in my book Razz Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Mai Shiranui from
Fatal Fury/King of Fighters, Yoruichi from Bleach, Shinomori Aoshi from Rurouni Kenshin, Muramasa on the Wii, etc.
etc. All those guys are win IMO, but the tanking concept in FFO, yeah, SE didn't see that coming. Even then, I was
cool with the choice of having two methods of tanks, & on some boss fights it was still a better choice to take a PLD.
The whole, PLD vs NIN tank was just a dumb trend & I never understood it (I also have a NIN61 Mithra, had so much fun doing
it I did again on my Hume, took her to NIN40 Razz ) I subbed /NIN on DNC because with Dual Wield
I could build TP up faster & use my dances, & the shadows were useful too. & funny thing, I wish I had a good tank on the Ultima/Omega Weapons Boss fights, cause that's the fight I'm on D: <
Keep dying all over the place, farmed up those damn chips for Polymer Pumps like 5 times, soooooooo sick of Tarantula spiders
now.....but haven't played lately so don't know what the updates were made for NIN. Last I remember SE implemented the new
level adjustment system so anyone can party regardless of level plus use their equipments (just scaled down). People still
playing FFO or has its time started to run out?

@ Orland: If they got rid of Ninja Tools, that would be amazing Razz (Though I'd still murder for a Koga Armor...)

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm

of course people still play, FoV and the lvl thing helped it out a good bit. Although, it's not so much that I don't like ninja's tanking, it's just how people sub nin for everything just because of the shadows. Burn parties, only because of /nin. Those parties screwed over any jobs that weren't rdm brd cor mnk war sam. All SE had to do was make Utsu: Ni lvl 38, and everything would've been fine.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:
@ Orland: If they got rid of Ninja Tools, that would be amazing Razz (Though I'd still murder for a Koga Armor...)

no doubt. too bad dynamis is well......dynamis.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:39 pm

side note: just got asked to do something as pld/nin.......yay

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:41 pm

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
In thy humble opinion Nintendo is using Napalm compered to fireworks of the other two.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:20 am

yeah, too bad the majority of the hardcore nintendo crowd isn't noticing Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down