Future Games on the Horizon

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Future Games on the Horizon

Post  TD260 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:14 am

So, I just want everyone to take a quick look at this game;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamrollerstudios/deadwood-the-forgotten-curse

I met the developers on the floor of PAX East, where Chronicle and I had a lengthy discussion with them about their choice in control schemes, battle mechanics and overall design. The floor build was a very early (almost pre-alpha) one, and was made primarily for the Kickstarter video; and yet, it looks fantastic.

It SHOULD look fantastic, for that matter, given the fact that they've got some serious A-List animators on board with this game. The two we spoke to, Keith Lackey and Jalil Sadool, have an astonishingly high pedigree of works that they've been a part of. Keith Lackey, for example, has been part of the Hobbit movies, Catching Fire and James Cameron's Avatar. His associate, Jalil Sadool, also worked on Avatar, but is probably more recognizable for the two Alpha Dragons in How To Train Your Dragon: 2. Anyway, it's a fantastic game and you should really take a look at it.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:26 pm

BEST CHAOS GOD

I'm pretty happy about this. As you may have noticed from my occasional sobbing on skype, Games Workshop have recently nuked the whole Warhammer Fantasy setting and literally ended the entire world. Having a new game released in the same setting gives me hope they're just going to retcon the whole thing again.

Also trailer gets absolutely massive props for having Tzeentch, who is totally the best Chaos god but never gets any screen time compared to the others, probably because the god of magic and fate sells less models than the god of violence and the god of boobs. I've never actually played Total War before, but I definitely need to check this out. Just got to hope that despite not appearing in the trailer the Skaven get to be playable...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm just trying to get ready for:

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:53 pm

My Phantom Pain thirst is real.... Waiting for a good second-hand deal on it though.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:18 pm

I just started playing that last night.  So bizarre, but so well put together. It's probably the most story-immersive I've seen since Bioshock Infinite, and if it's like any other MGS there will be some solid gameplay.

Apparently there's an entire third chapter for the game that never got programmed though, so the story is fairly incomplete. It'll be interesting to see how the end product sounds.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:32 am

There have only been two games that I can think of that really had me so hooked and into it I absolutely needed to keep playing until I got to the end of it, like, I couldn't really think of anything else but what's gonna happen next.

First was Grandia 2. Holy shit Grandia 2. Great game, 10/10, do recommend. Grandia 2 I remember as being the first game that I legitimately felt betrayed by something that had happened in the game. Yeah sure, such things happen all the time but that was the first where it just blind sided me and I didn't see it coming at all while still just feeling bad. GRANTED, looking back if I had played it for the first time today I may not have blindly stumbled into it. It IS a fairly common trope I think, what actually happens, but I was around 11 or 12 when I played it. It was a LONG time ago.

Second was a lot more recent though, Final Fantasy XIV. That one I duo'd through with a friend and the story was SO enthralling we both just kept going until sometime past dawn because it was so hard to put down until it was finally like "Look, I just can't go on anymore. We'll continue tomorrow."

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:14 pm

I am totally okay with this.

Also, what's manlier than punching another caveman in the face? Punching another caveman WITH A BEAR

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:40 pm

I never knew how much I needed this game in my life.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:26 am

Relmitos wrote:I'm just trying to get ready for:

Heavensward ate my soul. I cried bitterly at The Vault (YOU KNOW WHY, RELM), and at the end of 3.4 for no reason other than I'm a sap for characters that kind of get thrown in and thrown out.

And now I'm already hyped for the next expansion and this one isn't even finished yet. Razz

(I HAVE 3 CHARACTERS AT LEVEL 60 INCLUDING ONE WHO'S ALSO A 60 FISHER AND I HAVE MENTOR ON MY MAIN I PLAY FFXIV WAY TOO MUCH OKAY)

Also World of Final Fantasy is out in most places now, I guess. (Not here though). I'm pretty keen for that. IT LOOKS UNBEARABLY CUTE.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:54 am

Doctor Shulk wrote:Heavensward ate my soul. I cried bitterly at The Vault (YOU KNOW WHY, RELM)

Yes, yes I do Razz Surprised they did that, but if they were gonna do that, he was the most likely candidate really.

Doctor Shulk wrote:and at the end of 3.4 for no reason other than I'm a sap for characters that kind of get thrown in and thrown out.

Haven't actually finished 3.4 yet. I did Alexander and found that story to be great, and it is. The reason I haven't finished 3.4 MSQ yet is mostly because I'm waiting for my friend who recently got a job and she's still struggling to find time to do anything but work. I refuse to do it without her, we've been duoing MSQ since about 2.2 started iirc. I'll get it done as soon as I can pull her back in at the same time as me.

Doctor Shulk wrote:And now I'm already hyped for the next expansion and this one isn't even finished yet. Razz

You meeeeeeeeeeeeeean...........this?

Yeah me to, there's a solid possiblity they add Dancer. I'm dropping Machinist and going to DNC the moment they do that. That and Samurai is pretty likely as well.

Doctor Shulk wrote:(I HAVE 3 CHARACTERS AT LEVEL 60 INCLUDING ONE WHO'S ALSO A 60 FISHER AND I HAVE MENTOR ON MY MAIN I PLAY FFXIV WAY TOO MUCH OKAY)

I want to have 3 characters at max level, mostly just to achieve Omnicrafter status. Haven't branched out beyond my first though.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:53 am

My first was on Hyperion, I have a WAR/DRK at 60, then on another server I have my mentor who's a 60 WAR/WHM/AST/DRG, and my crafter/gatherer who's 60 NIN (and FSH) with all gatherers and crafters 50+, and also a 51 BLM.

Pretty keen for Dancer though, that looks like it'll be fun! I haven't been playing too much of the 3.4 content, haven't finished Alexander (I had to go away like 2 days after the patch dropped and the gear grind is scaring me).

Aside from that, I ordered World of Final Fantasy so my copy of that will be here next week-ish!

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top