Yet another TWBB Super Smash Bros tournament. (Match ups have been posted, Get to it!)

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Yet another TWBB Super Smash Bros tournament. (Match ups have been posted, Get to it!)

Post  Relmitos on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:02 pm

We already had that debate in another tourny topic, if I remember correctly

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yet another TWBB Super Smash Bros tournament. (Match ups have been posted, Get to it!)

Post  Dobs on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 am

Did we? *doesn't recall, probably wasn't there*

For the sake of pointless redundancy, items are fun, but not good for tourneys.

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:54 am

How long till you can brawl at the dorms, Dobs?

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Dobs wrote:Did we? *doesn't recall, probably wasn't there*

For the sake of pointless redundancy, items are fun, but not good for tourneys.
Fact.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobs on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:02 am

Eiron wrote:How long till you can brawl at the dorms, Dobs?
I should be good to go by Wednesday.

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Once you've got everything set up, we should only need one more person to get 12. If we can't get another though, there are plenty of online bracket generators we can use, so either way, we should still be fine.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Eiron wrote:Once you've got everything set up, we should only need one more person to get 12. If we can't get another though, there are plenty of online bracket generators we can use, so either way, we should still be fine.
Actually, we have 10 signed up 3 labeled as "maybes." So at this point, we might as well go for 16. I have a friend very much interested in joining, if only he'd sign his ass up on the forums.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:04 am

So, we're still not ready to go?

We need to put a deadline on this, and just go with what we've got. A few lucky people will advance early. We're here to have fun, and there aren't any prizes anyway. Amiright?

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:31 am

smashbro wrote:
Actually, we have 10 signed up 3 labeled as "maybes." So at this point, we might as well go for 16. I have a friend very much interested in joining, if only he'd sign his ass up on the forums.

Up to you boss, but maybe we should add a cut off date so we can actually start. Razz

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:40 pm

If you use tio, you can do a 16 man bracket, it'll institute byes automatically. However, I would suggest you arrange the byes for those you consider the top players, and also have your "top two" or "top four" on opposite sides of the bracket so they don't meet til semi's or finals.

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Iliad wrote:If you use tio, you can do a 16 man bracket, it'll institute byes automatically. However, I would suggest you arrange the byes for those you consider the top players, and also have your "top two" or "top four" on opposite sides of the bracket so they don't meet til semi's or finals.
No way, Brackets should be determined at random. I don't play favorites. If our final match ends up being nooby mcnooberson vs thebest, then so be it. However, setting up a 16 man double elimination tournament at least ensures that the best and second best will make it to the finals.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Man i think im pretty good but i don't wanna get screwed and go against someone who is like amazing first round.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:03 pm

If your name here starts with an 'S' then you're looking pretty good.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:53 pm

This is gonna be lols when you guys lose.

I'm a little more fearful of omni than anyone on these forums. TBH.

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Considering none of us have played you or Omni... ok.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:23 pm

I've added your FC. Add mine. We'll play right now.

3394-3251-8187

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Kinda busy right now. Not using that as an excuse. Surge can vouch for me if you don't believe me.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:40 pm

I'll be free to play a little later on. Also, cut off date? Can we haz one? The 10th, mayhap?

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:21 pm

I don't know what we'll do if we end up cutting off with 13 people. 3 free passes into round two is rather much imo. If one of the maybes decides that they can't/won't be playing, then we will press on with 12 people.

If we are all super anxious to start, maybe we can do a pools system instead? Discuss.

Here is what I have so far: We could split off into three pools of four (one of which would be a pool of five, sorry, there's nothing I can do about odd numbers) and play round robin, ranking by each persons win/loss ratio. First and second place from each pool move on. I'm stuck as to how to determine a wildcard round, since we would need two more people for an even tournament. My ultimate goal is to reduce our pool of 13 into 8, for a formalized, single elimination bracket style tournament.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:03 pm

I would like to try to get 3 more people for a 16 bracket just cause it seems like that would keep things simpler. Though, it seems like we're not going to be getting any more entrants from here, so we can try to fill up the remaining spots with a few people from the Fansite. Just a suggestion, and if we go that route, I'd like to keep it to people we went up against in the Forum Battle. If not that, then see if someone will drop out and we'll go with 12.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Aye, Captain. I'll see what I can do over at the fansite.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobs on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:29 pm

I'll see if i can get BB, Cell, or whoever else over

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Boss on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Big Boss has appeared 1633-3858-5217

Big Boss
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:35 pm

I totally forgot that I have a few Brawling friends (who also happen to be fans of TWBB) that may be interested. The only problem is that their possible activity is shaky, and if they do participate, contacting them may be difficult. I'll ask, but we're likely better off without them.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Aura on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:58 am

For tournaments, use this program: http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

And add me: 1676 9656 7797

Smile

Princess Aura
Riff Raff

View user profile http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Princess+Aura.ai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top