Yet another TWBB Super Smash Bros tournament. (Match ups have been posted, Get to it!)

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Yet another TWBB Super Smash Bros tournament. (Match ups have been posted, Get to it!)

Post  SurgePox on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Iliad wrote:So do we have our 8? And if so. Is a bracket to be posted soon?

Also. If we can finagle a chatroom or an IRC,that would be best. Discussing during matches etc via forum posts is like messaging someone on starcraft via email.

*Edit* Also, I'm not a maybe. I'm down for this guaranteed.
The thing is, we don't have the exact right number for a bracket elimination tournament. 8 people already signed up before you so they are in for sure. I am trying to get enough people in that we can expand the tournament number from 8 to 16 (or possibly 12, if need be)

Also, I think aim would be the best thing to use, but if anyone here is leet enough to get an IRC chatroom hosted that we can use, that would be ideal.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yet another TWBB Super Smash Bros tournament. (Match ups have been posted, Get to it!)

Post  Smashy B on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:25 pm

SurgePox wrote:Also, I think aim would be the best thing to use, but if anyone here is leet enough to get an IRC chatroom hosted that we can use, that would be ideal.
I looked into an IRC thing a long time ago, but I don't know if that's something you have to pay for to host. I got a couple online friends that host on servers that i could talk to about setting up a channel. That, or we could use the chatroom for our TWBB group on Steam, but that just means people are gonna need to dl steam. Then again when you think about it, it's either dl an IRC client (like mIRC) or Steam to communicate. If worst comes to worst though, we could invade the chatbox over at the fansite.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobs on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:37 pm

For whatever reason, I had to ship my LAN thing to my home address rather than to school. Ebay was being a jerk. I've go pacing break monday and tuesday of next week, so I should be back at school with Wii and wired connection by the 7th. I realize that we probably won't have started by then, but I'm just letting everyone know.

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:23 pm

We could, you know, be asses and troll the fansite, using their chat box. Just say'n.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Can't we just.... you know... Get a chatbox of our own?

Just sayin.

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Sonix! wrote:Can't we just.... you know... Get a chatbox of our own?

Just sayin.
We (mods) talked about this before and figured it wouldn't really be right for the forums here considering that the community here isn't as big as say the fansite.

Edit: Actually, this is the main reason why we don't have one.

Eiron wrote:One thing I want to bring up is that the actual forum aspect of SBF is dead. The site revolves around he c box and the RP section, largely because its easier to chat. I think that this forum's purpose is better served without one.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:29 am

smashbro wrote:

Just sayin.
We (mods) talked about this before and figured it wouldn't really be right for the forums here considering that the community here isn't as big as say the fansite.

Eiron wrote:One thing I want to bring up is that the actual forum aspect of SBF is dead. The site revolves around he c box and the RP section, largely because its easier to chat. I think that this forum's purpose is better served without one.

I kinda meant one for use for the tourney, and nothing else, rather than just invading someone else's Chatbox. <.<

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:33 am

[advertising]www.cbox.ws[/advertising]

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:05 am

[advertising]group chat room for TWBB Fan Club under Steam client[/advertising]

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:56 am

Sonix! wrote:
smashbro wrote:

Just sayin.

I kinda meant one for use for the tourney, and nothing else, rather than just invading someone else's Chatbox. <.<
IIRC, chatboxes cost money.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobs on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:40 pm

This.

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Hey... Anyone seen Relmitos or Orland? Why haven't they signed up for this tourney?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Hey all, I'll join up. 1203 8881 9890

Also, I've been looking into some of your problems. I held a tournament once at smashboards.com, it seemed to go well.

1) Tio is great tournament bracket software. You can do this by hand, though, especially with such few players.
2) Look into http://www.mibbit.com/, it's a free, web-browser based IRC thing. If somebody makes an IRC channel (or just hijacks another one), anybody with the internet can easily get onto IRC without downloading anything.
2.5) xat.com is an easy, free source for chat rooms. I have one here: http://xat.com/pyrotek7x7

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 pm

1) I've been messin around with Tio and it's a pretty cool software. The only downside to it is I can't figure out any way as of now to making a wild card bracket, which we'll be doing if we don't get 4 more players. But if we do get 16, Tio seems like a cool way to keep it organized, even though the tourney will be small enough to keep organized on an MS Paint drawing.

2/2.5) I don't know about an IRC.... maybe. As for the chatroom, my stance right now is to either use the one one Steam (for those who have it), or invade the fansite. The latter being the easiest for everyone.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:26 pm

smashbro wrote:Hey... Anyone seen Relmitos or Orland? Why haven't they signed up for this tourney?

I've been around, debating if I really wanna join in or not. I guess I could, but my schedule is rather tight, between school and work.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:01 pm

OmicronAustin wrote:Hey all, I'll join up. 1203 8881 9890

Also, I've been looking into some of your problems. I held a tournament once at smashboards.com, it seemed to go well.

1) Tio is great tournament bracket software. You can do this by hand, though, especially with such few players.
2) Look into http://www.mibbit.com/, it's a free, web-browser based IRC thing. If somebody makes an IRC channel (or just hijacks another one), anybody with the internet can easily get onto IRC without downloading anything.
2.5) xat.com is an easy, free source for chat rooms. I have one here: http://xat.com/pyrotek7x7
I was gonna just do the brackets manually. Also I vastly appreciate the introduction of free chatroom stuff.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:30 am

IRC is great.

I use Chatzilla. Addon for Firefox[/advertising]

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:35 pm

What fansite are you talking about invading?

Also...anybody got AIM/MSN? That works too, yeah?

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Although I like playing with no items. I do enjoy them a lot. A lot of my strategy comes with items. Not really using them as much as more of a defense and a combo.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:14 pm

jumpingwhitebean wrote:Although I like playing with no items. I do enjoy them a lot. A lot of my strategy comes with items. Not really using them as much as more of a defense and a combo.
I also enjoy playing with items, but in a competition it offers a chance of victory being decided by a random advantage given to whomever the item spawns near.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:15 pm

SurgePox wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:Although I like playing with no items. I do enjoy them a lot. A lot of my strategy comes with items. Not really using them as much as more of a defense and a combo.
I also enjoy playing with items, but in a competition it offers a chance of victory being decided by a random advantage given to whomever the item spawns near.
Well I am not talking about turning on all of them. just a few. Because if all of them are on the chances of victory for someone how is not as good are higher. But if you just have a few.
Like sword
motion sensor
or other ones like that where even if one person gets it a strategy is still needed.
No smashball, or hearts is obvious

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:29 pm

See, but you just proved yourself wrong there. You said to give people who are not so good a chance.

If you're not as good as me at a game, why should you be given a handicap in a tournament to show who's the better?

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Iliad wrote:See, but you just proved yourself wrong there. You said to give people who are not so good a chance.

If you're not as good as me at a game, why should you be given a handicap in a tournament to show who's the better?
what? I meant I don't want that. I meant that if all the items on someone that is bad could win, which we don't want. I say only put on a few items.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:54 pm

No items in tourney. Feel free to turn them on in friendlies though.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah, let's not get into that debate here.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top