The Rant Thread

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rant Thread

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:43 pm

I know I can't change much. But as Barda said, We want to help you and regardless how little or big it means to you, we will be there for you.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Sounds familiar...

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:56 am

WHY YES I AM SOLO-ING A GROUPPROJECT. FOR ONE I SEEM TO BE THE ONLY COMPETENT MEMBER OF MY GROUP; I.E. I DO WHAT I SAID I WOULD DO AND MORE. SECOND; I ACTUALLY HAD THE STUNNING REALISATION YOU GET MORE STUFF DONE IF YOU ACTUALLY ATTEND SCHOOL. HOLY GRUBFUCK THAT FACT ALONE NEARLY MAKES ME BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

NOW LETS ACE THIS FUCKER AND CONVENIENTLY FORGET ALL ABOUT MY GROUP OF IDIOTS AND PRETEND THIS WAS AN INCREDIBLY CONVOLUTED SOLO PROJECT FROM THE GET GO.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:38 pm

I don't hate drunk guys but here i have enough to him.

He is the father of one friend and actually my host.

All weekend he drinks, he drinks to the point of no longer see the details.

It's Saturday, 0:18, he can not read. It is on the touch pad and looking for a wife.
He found some pages on internet dating sites.

As he have large fingers, he presses a little everywhere and reduces all windows.
on the tablet, when a window is reduced it's placed on a bar that appears only under certain conditions.
As it no longer sees the windows, it opens other, after a while the tablet freeze.

He has no patience, as he is drunk, he does anything and become angry.
The problem is that every obstacle it encounters, it is up to me to handle it.
If I go sleep, he woke me up.
I don't present him my GF because i'm paranoïd.
Every 5 minutes, he say me a thing i completely don't care.
It's like have a baby who have 56 years old.

I HAVE ENOUGH OF HIM!!!!
I have actually hate for him.

Please take that for a joke, smile for that situation and pray for "he go to bed soon"
I can't.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 pm

I am sorry to hear that, Barda

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:24 am

I'm a lucky guy x3

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 am

barda_ehmos ♏ wrote:
As he have large fingers, he presses a little everywhere and reduces all windows.
on the tablet, when a window is reduced it's placed on a bar that appears only under certain conditions.
As it no longer sees the windows, it opens other, after a while the tablet freeze.

Sorry Barda, you have my sympathy, but reading that bit this was the first thing to come to mind:

Can you actually move out and live somewhere else?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 am

this is near that situation but you change the panic by angry.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Hooray! Those mandatory Saturdays? The ones that were only supposed to be for a month? Now they last for 4 months! All the way up to Christmas!

Boo-urns! Evil or Very Mad

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:17 pm

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!
(I've no idea how many of you are actually gonna read this, but I've got to post it anyway)
Spoiler:

So, Final Fantasy XI. Yes, that game.

In it, Scholars and Summoners have two fantastic abilities that make them stand out and actually really really useful. They are, respectively, Embrava and Perfect Defense.

Embrava, Scholar's ability, for a start can only be cast while Tabula Rasa is active. Tabula Rasa can only be used once every two hours(Granted, they're bringing it and every other ability that can only be used once every two hours to half an hour, but still) and as such, it should be an awesome ability. It is. Embrava just made it better. Tabula Rasa itself gives Scholars the ability to use Strategems without regards to the normal limit of five stored Strategems at once. Strategems are the main thing about this job, allowing the use of things like Perpetuance(One of my two favorites, increases the duration of enhancing spells), Penury(Lowers MP cost), Celerity (Halves the casting time of a spell), and Accession(The other favorite, turns white magic spells into AoE spells, everyone loves that!)

All of that nonsense above stacks with Embrava. You can turn it into an AoE buff that lasts ten minutes via Perpetuance and Accession. They are applying the nerf bat to Embrava, quite hard. Embrava is actually going to become nigh worthless after the nerf hits live.

Currently, Embrava does this:

Effect Duration = 5 minutes
Regen potency = Enhancing Magic ÷ 7 + 1 HP/tick (72/tick at 497 or greater enhancing skill)
Regain potency = Enhancing Magic ÷ 100 + 1 TP/tick (6/tick at 500 or greater enhancing skill)
Haste potency = Enhancing Magic ÷ 15 + 1% Haste (presumed cap at 500 skill), up to about 32% haste

Regen, standard FF stuff. You get HP over time.
Regain, acts like Regen, just increases your TP over time instead of HP, which allows you to use special damaging skills.
Haste, again, standard FF stuff. You attack faster and your recast times are lowered.

Post nerf, Embrava does this:

Effect duration: Currently 5 minutes → Adjusted to 90 seconds
Haste: Currently 1% increase for every 15 enhancing skill points → Adjusted to 1% increase for every 20 enhancing skill points. Maximum of 25% at 500 skill
Regain Effect: While the value will remain unchanged, the Regain effect will be changed to Refresh.

Going from 5 mins to 1:30 is a brutal duration chop.
Haste got MAULED, like......it takes a Scholar's Tabula Rasa ability to use Embrava, when a Bard can do better by singing marches that they can keep up full time. Where's the logic?
The WORST change, I mean, this change is truly what makes Embrava not that helpful anymore, is turning Regain into Refresh. Refresh is Regen for MP. Refresh just isn't helpful. Currently, as it stands, mages don't run out of MP. Ever. Even if they did, the 3 MP/tic from this change can be done by pairing the actual "Refresh" spell with Accession. You can full time that. WTF WHY?!?!?!? Regain is what mattered, why did they decide to shift it to Refresh?

Why do I bring this up? Well, out of the twenty available jobs.....the one I enjoy the most? Scholar.(The book is the grimoire! That's used to use Strategems. That's your random tid-bit of info for this post) Scholar just got hit HARD.

As for Summoners and their Perfect Defense? Perfect Defense can only be used by Alexander, and guess what? You can only summon Alexander during Astral Flow. Astral Flow is to Summoners as Tabula Rasa is to Scholars. A short term ability that can only be used once every two hours.

Perfect Defense is exactly what it sounds like; it makes you invincible for the duration. The duration for Perfect Defense is currently a minute and thirty seconds. Post nerf, Perfect Defense duration is thirty seconds. It can slowly be built back up to a sixty(Still less then pre nerf) second duration by increasing your Summoning skill to 600. Problem? The most Summoning magic skill you can get is 542. Squeenix didn't think that one through.

Main problem here is, Squeenix put in some events that players kinda relied on Perfect Defense and Embrava to actually complete. Arch Dynamis Lord for example. I won't go into specifics of what he does, as I'd imagine no one would read through it and the post is lengthy enough as it is. Point is, without Perfect Defense, ADL just kinda destroys everyone.

Spoiler:

Ok, done with this post I doubt many will read. Had to post it anyway.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:17 am

Double post, the rage is strong with this one.

I've had perfect attendance for my BIOL220 class. Never late, nothing. My test grade for the second exam never got posted on the site my college uses. I send the prof an email asking about it, and this is the response:

My administrative assistant checked all of her records and we find that
you did not turn in an exam or a scantron. She has an elaborate set of
checks and balances to insure that errors are not made. On the day of the
exam she sent a notation to my other secretary stating that you had not
turned in a test and scantron. I am a little perplexed about this.

They lost......my test. They lost....my test. It's impossible to pass the class now, glorious. All of my hate belongs to the biol department staff.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:30 pm

IT IS DONE

THERE IS A FLOOR AFTER ALL

So, up until about 12:47AM this morning, my room looked like this.

(Warning, NSFL)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Roommate is a super nice guy, and I didn't really want to be a dick. But it finally reached a point with room inspections allegedly coming up soon that I had to get this dealt with.

End result?

2 hours of work, 3 trips to the dumpster and 2 trips to recycling with cardboard, but it's done.

THERE IS A FLOOR.

Spoiler:

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:34 pm

I hope you didn't have to do that all by yourself. I mean, I'm messy as all hell, but I know well enough to keep the common area clean so the others don't have to deal with it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:49 pm

It was a joint effort.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Oh man, I am pissed. Got home today to find a letter from FedEx, saying I was overdue on paying a bill and that I had 7 days to pay or else they'd be taking up legal action. The fuck. So I ring up to find out what the hell's going on. Apparently this bill is for a customs charge for the Link figure I bought Stuart for Christmas. Wait, why am I being charged shipping? Because according to the woman I spoke to Play Asia, who I ordered it from, said I gave them express permission to pay for custom charges. There are numerous problems here:

- I was not told I would have to pay customs charges.
- I did not give permission to pay the charges.
- I never received the first bill.

So yes, FedEx is threatening me for a bill I never received and never gave permission to pay in the first place. Just great. I've emailed Play Asia but I bet they won't pay it. If I knew they were going to charge me for customs I'd have bought it elsewhere. Goddamn, I am not happy with having to play even more for a Christmas present I thought I'd already paid for.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 pm

That sucks Raya. Nothing like getting stuck with a bill you didn't think you had.

My current gripe is with hats. My head is just barrrrely too big for conventional hats. So if I want to have a certain style I'd better pick up haberdashery.

Lesson being, if you want to cosplay something with a hat, have a small head.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:50 pm

I have trouble with hats, too. Sad

I'm pissed at some douchebag in my class. My teacher decided to point out that I was a great word processor so this guy rocked up late and then borrowed my book, so I couldn't get my work done, and then asked me to explain everything, and I mean everything, that was like 70 pages, and then kept chatting when we were supposed to work (I wouldn't have minded as much if I could've actually worked and he wasn't asking questions that made me uncomfortable). And then he was a general douchebag to some poor 2nd semester girl who was trying to sell her books, and in the end of the lesson, wasn't working but wasn't giving my book back.

Now I'm behind where I could've so easily been way ahead, and it pisses me off to no end. Last time I try to be nice to people Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:44 am

Bah, remember about my MP3 player being nicked? Got a call from the police earlier. Basically they told me 'tough shit'. Though they have a list of subjects (ie everyone who was in the gym) they can't do anything since there was no CCTV. One thing that's worrying me is identity theft, since my CV/job application was on it, the reply was "well, you shouldn't have had it on there. If someone steals your identity there's nothing that can be done until it happens. So yeah."

THANKS A LOT LEICESTERSHIRE CONSTABULARY, THAT IS VERY REASSURING.

Great, so, if someone is using my details to take out loans and crap I'm not going to find out until the baliffs come knocking at my door, sigh...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:02 pm

I don't like my job but it's hard to find anything when I've got college on meaning my time at work is reduced to weekends mostly - cause I'm 21 most weekend work places won't hire me, because I'm too old. Even at the pub I allegedly work at I'm older than a lot of the staff. And yeah, allegedly, because it's gone back to the old, I call them, they say they'll call me with some work, they never do, the cycle continues. I'm going to visit my family at the end of the month and we're going to spend at least 1 day in Melbourne and having money for that would be lovely because hey, shopping and really good food Razz

I guess I should update my RSA (responsible service of alcohol license) and maybe I might have some more luck. But that costs money to do, money which I don't have.

And I have my job at the sports back, which is great for a 2nd job because it's a lot of fun, the work's not too bad, and the pay's pretty decent. But yeah, it's really irregular, and of course the first game of the season is on the day I fly back from Melbourne, which is not going to look good when I say "oh bugger, I can't make it, I'm interstate" when I told them I'm available for every game. /sigh I don't want to shorten my time in Victoria, though, because it'll be nice to have company at home for a change. Dad and I are both incredibly bad tempered, passive-aggressive, and lazy. The place is feral because we both lack motivation to clean, he and I never see each other and half the time I see him he's throwing tantrums so that means I actively avoid him...man, why did I ever think this would be a good idea. I mentioned that my flight to Melbourne is at 7am and he started looking up train times for me (mum would throw a fit if she knew, after all she's driving the 3 and a half hours to Melbourne to meet me at the airport).

Also this class I'm in is boring as hell, the teacher is not very good, and I have 2 exams (that are on today) I could be spending this time revising for (and I have been because fuck basic maths, I know all this).

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:46 pm

I am completely fucking overwhelmed with school work.

I have to prepair and give an informative speech. Due Monday
I have to edit my intro for comp class. Due Monday
I have to read and edit two papers. Due Monday
I have to UV an entire chest. Due Tuesday
I have to finish the 5 minute Avarice level. Due Tusday
I have to get together and do a 10 minute report on a game company (doing NIS America). Due the Monday after next
I have to come up with a group a GDD and present it to the class due next. Due the Thursday after next
I have to do 5 well drawn sketches due at the end of this module. (the quarter for this semester)
I have to write up 29 PARAGRAPHS with each paragraph about what each person did right and what each person could do better. Due Monday

And no I have not been slacking off. I have been working constantly almost all week save for L4D2 time.

Not to mention I want to work on a couple other project of my own such as modeling Viero (my avatar) and continue with my story.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed May 28, 2014 5:06 pm

I always thought parents were supposed to help their kids succeed in life and with education. Well mine missed the fucking memo. So I'm now stuck completely on my own to try and figure everything out.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Wed May 28, 2014 8:18 pm

JGH27 wrote:I always thought parents were supposed to help their kids succeed in life and with education. Well mine missed the fucking memo. So I'm now stuck completely on my own to try and figure everything out.
i lived that, stuck for one year and 6 mounth to use my own money for search work but nothing until i tried to enter the army.
that was a bad idea but i success to get out, lived on the house of a friend and now i have my own roof.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed May 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Barda Ehmos, always a trooper. Keep fighting the good fight my homie

Jeremy is more like a Canadian trooper, still tough but heart of gold. you keep filming the good fight my homieh

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm becoming a miserable old fuck

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 am

Ontario, my province, just elected a government whom has more than DOUBLED our Provincial debt since taking office 11 years ago to a Majority Government. Which means for the next 4 years we are screwed.

I was at a Liberal headquarters just outside my town doing coverage when it was announced, everyone but my crew and I celebrated. I'm in a state of shock and severe anger. Apparently mud slinging, lying through your teeth and stealing gets you re-elected in this province. FUCKKKKKK!

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top