Its official: Nintendo is the best company ever. No, really.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Its official: Nintendo is the best company ever. No, really.

Post  Dobs on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Because a game sells well enough to warrant a sequel doesn't mean that its a good game. It means that people bought it. The fact that they're making a Wii Fit Plus means that Nintendo suckered enough people into buying the first sub-par game, myself included.

I'm also not a fan of Team Ninja taking over Metroid, but that's a different debate...

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Having Team Ninja do Metroid for this game, is something new and fresh. They are experimenting with it. I just hope it takes off good. I applaud of Nintendo for that but a tad more experimenting would be nice. (Within reason of course)

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobs on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:14 pm

They should experiment by starting new franchises, and making NEW games. Not messing with the old ones. Although, using familiar names sells more, which is yet again shows that Nintendo knows how to rake in cash.

Dobs
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://smashbrosfan.proboards81.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Didn't Team Ninja make Dead or Alive? How would you all feel about our heroine running around fighting bad guys and shooting stuff and doing what bounty hunters do in nothing but a top and thong?

Discuss.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:21 pm

smashbro wrote:Didn't Team Ninja make Dead or Alive? How would you all feel about our heroine running around fighting bad guys and shooting stuff and doing what bounty hunters do in nothing but a top and thong?

Discuss.

You understand Nintendo wouldn't let them do that right? You understand that Nintendo is probably monitoring what they do right?

Therefor your comment was unecessary ;s

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Outlaw wrote:
smashbro wrote:Didn't Team Ninja make Dead or Alive? How would you all feel about our heroine running around fighting bad guys and shooting stuff and doing what bounty hunters do in nothing but a top and thong?

Discuss.

You understand Nintendo wouldn't let them do that right? You understand that Nintendo is probably monitoring what they do right?

Humor. Get some.

Edit: Not that I think of it, weren't you able to do the exact same thing in the original Metroid? Inb4 8-bit, it was still Nintendo.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Davisious on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:57 pm

And besides, she's practically running around naked in that zero-suit getup. I mean, in the good old days of 8-bit you had to die to find out your charachter had estrogen.

Davisious
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:27 am

Discuss.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:21 am

DRTJR wrote:

Discuss.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:14 pm

smashbro wrote:
Outlaw wrote:

Discuss.

Humor. Get some.

Edit: Not that I think of it, weren't you able to do the exact same thing in the original Metroid? Inb4 8-bit, it was still Nintendo.

Seriousness FTW mate.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Serras-Kai wrote:
DRTJR wrote:

Discuss.

This empty quote thing is getting rediculous lol

On a side note, I bought a pack of "Nintendo ame Pack" today. 3 scratch off card games and a sticker card. Just a throwback to 1989 and merchandise lol. Speaking of which, does anyone else remember
the "Gameboy" cases with the gum and stickers/cards?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Discuss.

Well, let's see....about two days ago, me & some random guy over Playstation Network tried doing a co-op mission on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Mentor Difficulty (basically Hard mode) & were unsuccessful for like 30 mins. straight. Every time we wiped, it was continue - continue - continue Razz He was using Hayabusa & I was Rachel, & no matter how bad we got whupped, *BOOM!*, right back at it. Yeah..........its like that Razz So the point is that I do enjoy Team Ninja games, I thoroughly am enjoying ALL my time with Sigma 2, & I know they'll do a great job with Other M. I was following Team Ninja when they ragged on other fighting games (Street Fighter is unbalanced, Virtua Fighter is too slow, & Tekken....well, it has a short name. Razz ), when Team Ninja ragged on Devil May Cry (yeah, our inspiration when making Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 was there's this guy running around with a red coat thinking he's the shit when it comes to action games? Nuh uh, not anymore. Razz ), when Itagaki proclaimed XBox 360 was the most powerful console during the Ninja Gaiden 2 Tokyo Game Show, then when he got sued for sexual harrasment (I'm sorry! Its normally not something to lawl about, but the guy who made Dead or Alive getting sued for sexual harrasment, isn't that ironic to anyone that's not me....? Or do I just have issues....? >.> <.< ), & finally, when Tecmo/Team Ninja was looking for someone to buy them, they had the AUDACITY to tell Square Enix, 'Kick Rocks, NO YOU!!!' Razz Yeah, Square-Enix, the Final Fantasy guys, actually wanted to buy Team Ninja-Tecmo & they declined the offer! Instead, they went with Koei, the guys who make Dynasty Warriors & Samurai Warriors! I Thought this was epic, the creators of 2 of my favorite series (Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi Warriors) & Ninja Gaiden joining as one Cool So yeah, I'm a tool for Team Ninja, & that trailer totally created the hype train for Other M (least for me, hopefully others too......) It would be great to see Samus moving like Hayabusa yet utilizing all her bag of tricks, & if you get a moment, just go check out any of the Ninja Gaiden 2/Sigma 2 weapon demo movies on YouTube. The speed & ferocity of the attacks are something you gotta check out. Well, that's my 'disscusion', /rant off! Cool

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Davisious on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:57 am

You have a talent for run-on sentences.Laughing

I have to admit, I was starting to get bored of the whole Metroid Prime style. It will be nice to see a different approach to a classic game, and a non-Nintendo team developing a franchise game! Wow, I thought it couldn’t happen.

But the move on Nintendo’s part is kind of weird. Like I mean what’s next

Square-Enix presents. “Zelda” (just wrap your head around that one)

I dunno, it reminds me a lot of Peter Jacksons King Kong, everyone wanted to see his take on a classic movie, but it didn’t turn out to great.
Laughing

Davisious
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:35 am

Davisious wrote:
Square-Enix presents. “Zelda” (just wrap your head around that one)
Are you out of your god damn mind! Square would probably take over the Mother franchise.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:54 am

Davisious wrote:Square-Enix presents. “Zelda” (just wrap your head around that one)

I can see that.

Future looks nice.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Well I wouldn't say Square Enix would do a bad job considering how good they did with Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars for the Super Nintendo.

SMRPG is one of my favorite games.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Davisious on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:10 pm

you might be Right or you might be wrong. Rember it was Squaresoft that made it, not Square-enix.

But that's my point. Good game or bad, nintendo is letting oustside developers back into it's franchises. I doubt this will be the last time that this will happen, and im sure after this metroid game comes out, other developers will want a peice of the action. Imagine it spun out of control ( which i hope it does). now that Non-Nintendo developers can make games for nintendo, everyone will want to make a metroid game. Then it'll turn into contest.

Which developing team could make the best (Metroid/zelda/mario/starfox/Dk) Game. discuss.

(all hypothetically speaking of course)

Davisious
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Davisious wrote:you might be Right or you might be wrong. Rember it was Squaresoft that made it, not Square-enix.

Ugh, They joined because they were going bankwrupt, If anything, They'll make something better than what they did to Mario.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:49 am

Polyphony Digital making a F-Zero game
Naughty Dog for a Starfox game
Hideo Kojima for Starfox as well

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:09 am

I would love to see Hideo Kojima make a Pokemon game! That'd be AWESOME!!! 'I live ON, through this POKEBALL!!!!' 'REDDDDDD!!!!! BROTHERRRRRR!!!!!!!'

Twisted Evil

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:24 am

Oh god no, the cut-scenes in Pokemon are bad enough as it is (and by cut-scenes I mean catching pokemon tutorials and the thing at the start with the Professor talking).
Imagine all the cut-scenes and pointless dialogue...you'd never get to level up your Pokemon! Or the game would do it for you. Hah.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:57 am

http://metalkirby.deviantart.com/art/Solid-Jigglypuff-76440415
it's SOLID PUFF

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 pm

So we took this idea, & TOTALLY ran with it down at the job. Now follow me here.....so, Red is like, Solid Snake, right? & Blue would totally be like, Liquid Snake, ok? Well, that would mean, following this line of logic, Proffessor Oak would totally be the Colonel, & the Beauty & the Beast Corps. from MGS4 could totally be the Elite 4! Oh man, this thing writes itself!!!! Razz Oh, & Brock, if we decide to stick him in there from the anime, could totally provide an Otakon-ish role!

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:So we took this idea, & TOTALLY ran with it down at the job. Now follow me here.....so, Red is like, Solid Snake, right? & Blue would totally be like, Liquid Snake, ok? Well, that would mean, following this line of logic, Proffessor Oak would totally be the Colonel, & the Beauty & the Beast Corps. from MGS4 could totally be the Elite 4! Oh man, this thing writes itself!!!! Razz Oh, & Brock, if we decide to stick him in there from the anime, could totally provide an Otakon-ish role!
the metal gears would be legendarys and bill would be Hal "Otacon" Emmerich
and sabrina would be Psycho Mantis

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:06 pm

"So, you like to play Castlevaaaaania..."
Or, in this case, "So, you like to play Imagine: Dream Wedding?"

Does that make Misty Meryl? "Hey, Red, there are trainers there..."

...I should stop with the Metal Gear Awesome, hey.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top