Ace Attorney! (may contain traces of spoilers)

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ace Attorney! (may contain traces of spoilers)

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 pm

OBJECTION!

Given my current obsession, I needed to start a thread for this awesome game series.

I have played Apollo Justice, Phoenix Wright, and now I am on Trials and Tribulations. Which is shaping up to be awesome.

I love how Phoenix overreacts.
Spoiler:
Like, when he's testifying in the Dahlia case, he's like "he said horrible things about my Dollie! He said she's a bad girl!" "...that's it?"
And with the whole having to find Edgeworth to 'save him' and repay him for defending him in that class trial in the fourth grade...and sending him corrospondance for 15 years...and becoming a lawyer for the sole purpose of seeing Edgeworth again...

Last edited by queen_camilla on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ace Attorney! (may contain traces of spoilers)

Post  Blue Madness on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Currently in the last case of Justice for All. Tense.
I want to start T&T soon, especially since Godot was pretty much the first Ace Attorney character I've ever seen, and I can't deny it, he did spark my interest for the series.
One of the major aspects of the game that made me instantly love it is that I could really relate to the main characters, and it made immersion almost instantaneous. (<3 Maya)

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:08 pm

I love how naive the characters are at the start. I suppose it was the good thing about having someone new (Apollo Justice), cause it was like Phoenix back in the first game: a naive young attorney, who has a lot to learn. Very endearing. Of course, Phoenix is always endearing, even with his know-it-all-ness in Apollo Justice, but still.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:08 am

I also love the prosecutors. Payne is plain hilarious, 'specially when he loses his hair in his case against Mia. Edgeworth has one of the most interesting personalities - he was going to be a defense attorney, but the DL-6 incident happened, then the von Karmas took him in and he changed, but underneath he still just wanted to find the truth and make sure the bad guys got their just deserts. Same with Klavier Gavin, really, but he's pretty friendly and willing to just make sure that the real criminals were punished. Manfred von Karma is hilarious (and scary) (and I may have a photo of a certain boyfriend of mine doing a von Karma pose), don't know much about Franziska, and Godot...Godot's scary. Awesome, but scary.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 am

Franziska is just
Spoiler:
an annoying little brat
IMO. The way she
Spoiler:
cuts everyone's speech with her whip
also annoys the hell outta me. Thankfully, in the last case
Spoiler:
Edgeworth handles it
Spoiler:
because Franziska got shot in her right shoulder
Spoiler:
just like her father.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:24 pm

only played justice for all so far and now got apollo justice. these games are bloody hard to get by in this part of europe

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Godot's kinda awesome. He's always undermining Phoenix and drinking a shitload of coffee. And the judge is like "wtf?"

Edgey is in this one, of course, and I think Franziska is for like 2 minutes.
Spoiler:
Case five looks kinda awesome. Cause Phoenix gets stuck in the hospital and Larry's like "omg Miles, Phoenix is in trouble MAYBE HE'S ALREADY DEAD" and Edgey's like "Phoenix is in trouble? I'LL FLY OVER ON MY PRIVATE JET" (and I'm like omgomgomg *fangirl moment*) and then he goes and investigates and he's like "ur psyche-locks, i see dem"

Don't you hate it when you get to a point in investigation and you get really stuck? I'm trying to talk to my defendant in the detention center, consulted the walkthrough guide, but he's just not appearing damnit and I've done everything the guide's told me!

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:00 am

^ Yeah, they have a point like that in every game I noticed Razz Then you ask someone whose played that part of look at an FAQ & you're like OH!!! WTF?!?! I would have never thought that...... ~.~ XD
Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright ;P ) is like, my 3rd favorite game/game series of all time (#1 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night #2 Xenogears) & absolutely Phoenix is endearing~ He's like a super hero minus any super powers (well, minus the ability to totally melt your face when he PWNz whatever chump prosecutor gets in his way Twisted Evil ) But the way he never gives up & fights until the end just makes him that bad@$$ for a character.
The localization team also gets major props because without their jokes the game probably wouldn't have been such a huge success...I mean, think about it: Mr. Red White of Blue Corp? April May? Detective Dick Gumshoe? Giving Mia, Maya, & Pearls the last name of Fey, & Pearls' mom LeFey, like Morgan LeFey of King Arthur legend? & then the Power Rangers bit, that always made me lawl Razz Even the Japanese version was a bunch of puns, like Phoenix's Japanese last name being 'Naruhoudou' which means 'Oh, I see!' like what you would say after you figure out what's going on in let's say, a court case? Razz When I get back later today, I'll try to take a pic of my 'fanboy' PW swag, nothing huge but I'm pretty proud of it Cool What's everyone's favorite court case? Mine's last case, Trials & Tribulations~

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:49 am

So, I finished Justice for All yesterday. I do feel rewarded.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:44 am

cant believe they named a character Orla Orly.....and every time her name was said the judge would repeat Oh Really?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Ahhh, Olga Orly Razz Yeah, the names bring the 'lawls'; the developers did that because upon thinking about that, a lot of the Japanese names & references are hilarious!....if you speak/understand Japanese & Japanese culture Razz So, Ryuuichi became Phoenix, Mitsurugi Kenji became Miles Edgeworth, Chihiro/Mayumi/Harumi Ayasato became Mia/Maya/Pearls Fey, Mai Kuruma became Franziska von Karma, etc. etc. There were also changes too, like in the Apollo Justice (Odoroki Hosuke, not quite the ring to it eh? ;P ) during the 'crime family' case, that one guy whose name slips my mind pretty much became Marlon Brando's character The Godfather (& his son who speaks ebonics = priceless Razz Feels like home! )

Edit: Winfred Kitaki! Thanks to court-records.net for that clear up~ Razz Also Apollo Justice has a very sweet ending, I'll admit it Cool Go Go Trucy & her magical panties! XD

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:(...) Mayumi (...)Mai Kuruma
Mayoi, Mei Karuma. Smile

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Favourite case? Possibly Apollo Justice, case 4. Cause Phoenix is like "Oh yeah, IT'S MY GAME NOW!" and poor Apollo's just like "wat, but it's called Apollo Justice?" and Phoenix just goes "let's travel back in tiiiiiime!"
Spoiler:
AND THERE'S A TOTAL STAR WARS MOMENT IN FINDING OUT TRUCY AND APOLLO ARE RELATED AND I WAS SORT OF KIND OF SHIPPING THEM.

Even though there's no investigation, I also love T&T case 1, cause art student Phoenix is hilarious (Feenie!) and Mia's like 10 kinds of awesome. I haven't gone back to it yet but I will be attempting it again this evening...when I get my freaking essay done.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:10 pm

Personally, I thought Case 4 in Apollo Yoostis was pretty lame. The game itself is good, but definitely my least favourite of the four.

My favourite case is the last one from either 1, 2 OR 3...or the other last one from the first one... they're all awesome. But, I'm leaning towards 2-4, here.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Blue Madness wrote:
Sanosukesama wrote:(...) Mayumi (...)Mai Kuruma
Mayoi, Mei Karuma. Smile

PWNed! Thanks Blue Razz

@ Camilla: Haha, /comfort ! Razz TOTALLY shipping?!? Oh noes!!!! Embarassed Razz But like I mentioned earlier, didn't it give you a warm feeling inside when you did find out? Cool

@Jonny: Yah, I have a friend who thinks the Shelley De Killer was a bad@$$ case. Reason why it lost out for me though:

Spoiler:
The last case of Trials & Tribulations had it all: Miles as a Defense Attorney vs Franziska?! Eptacular! & we found out about Godot, the reason why he did what he did & that he was totally hawt for Mia! Cool That's a great pairing, Godot x Mia, I support this~

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:46 pm

It makes sense, though I was slightly disappointed at first. Oh well.

I like a few of the pairings in teh game. Especially
Spoiler:
Klavier/Ema
and even
Spoiler:
Phoenix/Edgeworth...COME ON, THE GAME TOTALLY HINTS AT IT SO MANY TIMES.

Gah I want to play more T&T now. But I have done zero essay...and it's due, like, in an hour, and I am screwed.
Spoiler:
HAHA, SCREWED = GAVIN DRILLS...there is so much phallic hair in that game.

Also...Ace Attorney: Kristoph Gavin.
You know you want it.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:32 am

This is a game series I've been wanting to give a try honestly, it looks like it could be fun. Dunno if I'll get around to picking up a copy though, it takes money and all that.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:45 am

I think I like 2-4 because of

Spoiler:
How suspenseful it was. It really seemed difficult to know how Phoenix possibly stood a chance, and that was made ever-more tense by what was at stake this time. Not to mention, Matt Engarde was one of the best revelations ever in a game.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:26 am

JonnyJinx wrote:I think I like 2-4 because of

Spoiler:
How suspenseful it was. It really seemed difficult to know how Phoenix possibly stood a chance, and that was made ever-more tense by what was at stake this time. Not to mention, Matt Engarde was one of the best revelations ever in a game.

Agree, but man what a difficult one that was....I fell back into nailbiting habbit out off frustration since I didnt wanna search for a online strategy guide.....Its really a must to save before every cross-examination

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:26 am

Avalanche91 wrote:
JonnyJinx wrote:I think I like 2-4 because of

Spoiler:

Agree, but man what a difficult one that was....I fell back into nailbiting habbit out off frustration since I didnt wanna search for a online strategy guide.....Its really a must to save before every cross-examination
QFT

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:35 am

On a random note, next anime convention I'm doing a Mia Fey cosplay.

I'm playing Aporro Yoostice again. JUST FOR KLAVIER BECAUSE HE IS MADE OF WIN. 8D

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:57 am

Now this is where I insert random 'Camilla is win' 'Camilla will you marry me?' blah blah /fanboy.....but I'm gonna spare you guys this time of all of that Razz Haha, that sounds amazing, was it Mia's performance in Trials & Tribs. that gave you the inspiration? (Oh Klavier.....the Gyakuten Saiban universe will never be the same Cool ) & it sucks, everytime I'm at the book shops & see the PW mangas, I can't buy it cuz I are broke....I think I need to downgrade all my collector's editions, pocket that change & buy the books Razz

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:59 am

Dude, the age.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:03 am

Ahh I can't find the mangas! Sad

And quite probably! We all planned on dressing up as PW characters and I think Mia is the one I can most likely pull off. Lawl any Mia cosplay will be like BOOOOOBS but oh well. 8D
The Gavin bros and the Gavinners = best part of Apollo Justice, srsly.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:33 am

Blue Madness wrote:Dude, the age.

Calm down Blue Razz *grabs his Godot coffee mug & fills it with lawls* Here ya go bro Cool

@Camilla: Well, ya know....yeah. Haha, but its the soul of the cosplay that matters?? Razz That sounds tight though to have a PW troupe, I know of a Code Geass troupe going to next year's Fanime but PW could be absolute mayhem Cool Everyone yelling objection, take that, & whips....possibly coffee somewhere in the mix....
I wanna like the Gavins, I really really do.....but, why does Kristoph kinda remind me of a Hellsing character......

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:40 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top