The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Queeny on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 am

really? When I got it, I think I got them separately (Motionplus and jacket as separate)... hmm.. It's has been a while though.. Maybe Im just not remembering clearly.

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 162
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:32 am

smashbro wrote:Speaking of Sheik, I'd like to see a return of Zelda's alter-ego in the new Wii Zelda.
While playing TP i kept waiting for it. It would of been the perfect game for a dark alter ego to help you.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  DRTJR on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Alas sheik was MIA during TP
i am still looking forward to a 3-D reprentation of Vaati

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  willink on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:08 pm

In your opinion, what do you think is the game that should be placed first in a continum theorum?
Personally I think Minish Cap should be first for different reasons. First, Its where Link aquires his iconic hat. Second, Ganondorf becomes Ganon for the first time through a ritual that uses the Hell Trident. Third, the Golden Power is not in the form of The Triforce but resides inside Zelda as pure energy.

willink
Riff Raff

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 32
Location : El Paso TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Except:

2 - Ganondorf doesn't appear in Minish Cap, and even if he did, this couldn't be the first time he became Ganon since it's the Triforce of Power that turns him into that, which he first gets in Ocarina of Time, which also happens to feature his transformation, that being therefore his first transformation, and the game Ganon DOES appear in, Four Swords Adventures, his human form does not, nor does it say anywhere that there was a ritual with the Trident to make him transform.

3 - The "Golden Power" you speak of is actually called "Light Force" and was never stated to have any relation to the Triforce, and the developers have hinted they are unrelated. Plus, the game itself says it was a gift from the Picori, contrasting with the stablished 3 Goddesses canon.

The only plausible point there is 1 - The hat.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2464
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Serras-Kai on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:58 pm

willink wrote:In your opinion, what do you think is the game that should be placed first in a continum theorum?
Personally I think Minish Cap should be first for different reasons. First, Its where Link aquires his iconic hat. Second, Ganondorf becomes Ganon for the first time through a ritual that uses the Hell Trident. Third, the Golden Power is not in the form of The Triforce but resides inside Zelda as pure energy.
My main arguments are this:

1. Minish cap actually talks about a previous adventurer (which may or may not have been Link, and if it was a large amount of his story was changed or it's simply an adventure we have yet to see)

2. I find it hard to believe that the Golden Power was the Triforce at all, be it in another form or not (this one is more of an opinion)

3. Nintendo stated that Ocarina of Time is indeed the first game.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

Posts : 944
Join date : 2009-02-18
Age : 25
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  DRTJR on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Serras-Kai wrote:
willink wrote:In your opinion, what do you think is the game that should be placed first in a continum theorum?
Personally I think Minish Cap should be first for different reasons. First, Its where Link aquires his iconic hat. Second, Ganondorf becomes Ganon for the first time through a ritual that uses the Hell Trident. Third, the Golden Power is not in the form of The Triforce but resides inside Zelda as pure energy.
My main arguments are this:

1. Minish cap actually talks about a previous adventurer (which may or may not have been Link, and if it was a large amount of his story was changed or it's simply an adventure we have yet to see)

2. I find it hard to believe that the Golden Power was the Triforce at all, be it in another form or not (this one is more of an opinion)

3. Nintendo stated that Ocarina of Time is indeed the first game.
1: witch he had neither a hat nor a mention of Ganondorf

2: i concur with your opion (plus i think that Din, Nayru, and farore are the three goddess why i think this i have no F*CKING idea other than this may be before people had knowledge of them)

3: they stated that prior to the four swords trilogy

Blue Madness wrote:Except:

2 - Ganondorf doesn't appear in Minish Cap, and even if he did, this couldn't be the first time he became Ganon since it's the Triforce of Power that turns him into that, which he first gets in Ocarina of Time, which also happens to feature his transformation, that being therefore his first transformation, and the game Ganon DOES appear in, Four Swords Adventures, his human form does not, nor does it say anywhere that there was a ritual with the Trident to make him transform.

3 - The "Golden Power" you speak of is actually called "Light Force" and was never stated to have any relation to the Triforce, and the developers have hinted they are unrelated. Plus, the game itself says it was a gift from the Picori, contrasting with the established 3 Goddesses canon.

The only plausible point there is 1 - The hat.
2: but he does appear in FSA for the Game cube witch is the last chronological game for the four sword trilogy

3: it could be an imitation or it predates the triforce (see abve)

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:51 pm

DRTJR wrote:2: but he does appear in FSA for the Game cube witch is the last chronological game for the four sword trilogy
Which I said, please read with attention.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2464
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  DRTJR on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Blue Madness wrote:
DRTJR wrote:2: but he does appear in FSA for the Game cube witch is the last chronological game for the four sword trilogy
Which I said, please read with attention.
i was talking about Ganon...

when the Gerudo Ganondorf recovered the trident he transformed into Ganon thus there may or may have not been a ritual he transformed from man to beast

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  SurgePox on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:57 pm

None of the zelda games were created with the intent to fit into a larger timeline.
Ya'll is being trolled by miyamoto himself.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:01 pm

SurgePox wrote:None of the zelda games were created with the intent to fit into a larger timeline.
Ya'll is being trolled by miyamoto himself.
Well "yall" got trolled by SHUUUTTT UPPPP Sad

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:02 pm

DRTJR...
Blue Madness wrote:and the game Ganon DOES appear in, Four Swords Adventures, his human form does not
Please, please, PLEASE, pay attention while reading... I can't emphasize that enough...

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2464
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:17 pm

SurgePox wrote:None of the zelda games were created with the intent to fit into a larger timeline.
Ya'll is being trolled by miyamoto himself.

yeh but he sed bfro tath he hda it on is lapotp

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2008-10-14
Age : 20
Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  DRTJR on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 pm

blue they are both in FSA

and bringing up the Gerudo Question in FSA they are not in there iconic fortress but in tents(or some thing like it it has been an eon since i have played it)

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  SurgePox on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Fobbs McCloud wrote:
SurgePox wrote:None of the zelda games were created with the intent to fit into a larger timeline.
Ya'll is being trolled by miyamoto himself.

yeh but he sed bfro tath he hda it on is lapotp
he wuz trollin

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  DRTJR on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:28 pm

SurgePox wrote:
Fobbs McCloud wrote:
SurgePox wrote:None of the zelda games were created with the intent to fit into a larger timeline.
Ya'll is being trolled by miyamoto himself.

yeh but he sed bfro tath he hda it on is lapotp
he wuz trollin
i remember that article

it was in Nintendo power before the release of WW i think i have it in a box some where

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Serras-Kai on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Honestly I couldn't care less if they do/don't actually fit together into a solid storyline
I enjoy piecing the games together in any way that I can.
(I have a lot of free time)

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

Posts : 944
Join date : 2009-02-18
Age : 25
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:46 pm

SurgePox wrote:
Fobbs McCloud wrote:
SurgePox wrote:None of the zelda games were created with the intent to fit into a larger timeline.
Ya'll is being trolled by miyamoto himself.

yeh but he sed bfro tath he hda it on is lapotp
he wuz trollin

k

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2008-10-14
Age : 20
Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  willink on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:14 pm

I agree with seras, a puzzle is fun to do.

As for OoT being the first according to Ninty, they didn't take into cosideration future releases of the series.

Who's to say that the story of the godesses might have been "lost in translation". I beleave the Power of Light is the Triforce before it was manifested. When the goddesses left it behind, they gave it the piccori who in turn presented it to the Hylian Princess.

Remember that in Four Swords there is no mention of the Triforce, so the Triforce of Power is not really needed to become Ganon. All it really does awaken your hidden strength and multiplies it 100 fold. Since a gonondorf of the past became Ganon, his reincarnations retained and imprint of this evil.

One more thing, if Ganon was trapped in the Sacred Realm while still holding the Triforce of Power, how does it get recovered for the subsequent games.

willink
Riff Raff

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 32
Location : El Paso TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Sanosukesama on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:14 pm

I always thought of the Zelda stories as independant stories, kind of like when a new Final Fantasy title comes out its independent of the others.....obviously Phantom Hourglass is the sequel to Windwaker & now Spirit Tracks, & Majora's Mask ties in to Ocarina of Time (I believe, the sequel?) But tying Link to the Past & something like, the original Legend of Zelda.....I just can't piece it together...... >.> <.< scratch

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

Posts : 1416
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 32
Location : California Bay Area

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Iliad on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:05 pm

It is an it isn't Sano.

They're all (Excluding the obvious sequels, MM, PH, ST) supposed to be something like 100 years in the past or into the future from one another. IIRC OoT is supposed to be the progenitor to all other zeldas in the timeline, hence Ganondorf saying "I'll come back, and I'll strike at your ancestors" or something along those lines when you beat his ass down.

While they are all independent storywise, they all are tied into one another.

FF, there are several games tied into a similar fashion but seperated by a change in timeline. Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy 12 would be a prime example.

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 163
Join date : 2009-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Queeny on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:I always thought of the Zelda stories as independant stories, kind of like when a new Final Fantasy title comes out its independent of the others.....obviously Phantom Hourglass is the sequel to Windwaker & now Spirit Tracks, & Majora's Mask ties in to Ocarina of Time (I believe, the sequel?) But tying Link to the Past & something like, the original Legend of Zelda.....I just can't piece it together...... >.> <.< :scratch:

yeh I agree with this. It makes a lot more sense to me if I were to think of them as Independent stories.

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 162
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Serras-Kai on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:42 pm

I've always kinda liked the idea of it being the same story just told over and over, with different changes made each time and the whole message and tale completely changed eventually.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

Posts : 944
Join date : 2009-02-18
Age : 25
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  willink on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:21 am

That may be, but that's only a theory. I'm not saying my view is not a theory but some games do tie in nicely with one another. If you take each story (including the ones in the NES, in which AoL is a direct sequel) you may find something that relates to one of the other games.

Such as how WW picks up the story from OoT but there is a huge gap between the two time line wise. What I believe happened between those two was an epic tale of how the evil king Ganon escaped the Sacred realm (somehow losing the Triforce of Power, Link's doing I suppose) wrecked havoc and Link ended up searching for the Triforce of Power (split into pieces). Once gathered, King Hyrule wished upon the Triforce to cleanse the land of evil, thus the great flood occurred. End of tale, beginning of Link's Awakening. Link is fighting a great storm in the middle of the flood, goes unconscious and dreams that epic tale.

It is these gaps of time that really mess up the continuum theorem. That is why I like any new addition to the series. It helps clarify (vaguely) Hyrule's history.

willink
Riff Raff

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 32
Location : El Paso TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:20 am

I just bought Phantom Hourglass.

Let's see how this goes. First ever Zelda game.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 25
Location : Gensokyo

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:11 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum