The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  JonnyJinx on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:27 am

Shy Guy Red wrote:Still, the fact that Ganon would suddenly go from being human to being a pig (TP to FSA).

The exact same thing occurs on the other side. (TWW to LOZ)

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:31 am

Shy Guy Red wrote:Ah I just remembered that the 7 sages do seal Ganon in TP
Except they don't, Link kills Ganon in TP. They seal him in OoT.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 am

He's still alive...
i think

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  willink on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 am

OoT- first male born for some time. Then that means that there were other males before this ganondorf. One of which as I said became Ganon through the Hell Trident.
MC- Moblins are seen here without any loyalty to any one being. Meaning that Ganon has not emerged just yet.
FSA- The origins of Dark Link are revealed. This also tells that there are more than one who escaped the mirror and were not destroyed. They would later reemerge as guardians for other evil beings do to the fact that they are leaderless.

On another note, I've been working on a Mario timeline. Granted that there is little to work with, but I have a continuum theory that works well. Filling in the holes with theories as to what has transpired between the mushroom kingdom and the real world, I've deduced that the Mushroom Kingdom is a nexus of a video game multiverse in which each universe has a portal that connect to MK. These portals are seen throughout MK and are known as warp pipes. Now not all warp pipes are the same and some change shape given the universe that there in. This also helps piece together why Mario is seen in the real world and how enemies in the MK can be found in other series such as LoZ. Another theory I have is that either time transpires really slow or is non existant in MK. We see this with age of Princess Peach and Princess Rosalina who are both ceturies old.

Anyway, I dont want to go to long about this because there is still plenty to add and some of you rather not talk about it because you dont care/agree with this. Also this aint the thread to talk about anything else other than LoZ.

willink
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

@ Surge

Because Minishcap is a direct sequel to Windwaker? And Windwaker as per it's intro takes place 100 years after OoT?

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Queeny on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:13 pm

huh?
but doesn't minishcap tell about how the mastersword was created? (isn't it called the pickary sword or somthing..?Im not sure I haven't played the game before.)

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:19 pm

"The Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures include references to other titles and Eiji Aonuma have stated that these games are supposed to be the oldest games in the series, preceding Ocarina of Time."

I fail. Sad

Apparently the timeline is all wishy-washy (According to wiki). Apparently following OoT there;s two parallel timelines. The Adult link timeline and the young link timeline. Now wiki says Twilight princess happens following the young link timeline (obviously MM does too, doesn't need to be mentioned), and windwaker, PH, and ST follow the adult link timeline, but I think that's in reverse, given that Link as a child leaves to find navi and doesn't arrive to defeat ganon, whereas adult link does kill ganon in his timeline? So i dunno. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda#Chronology

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Queeny on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:45 pm

Not to be a bitch or anything but are we really doing any good talking amongst ourselves about a logical timeline? XD

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:49 pm

This is my favorite explanation:
Zeldapedia wrote: "Just a Legend" theory

Some fans say that the chronology of the series should not be so rigid. Just as real-world legends are retold with different variations (e.g. the flood), each game could merely be a different retelling of the same story. With each advancement in videogame hardware and the ever-changing desires of the consumer, the base story of Link saving Zelda from Ganon and recovering the Triforce is embellished, modified, and changed outright. Just like any other legend, The Legend of Zelda changes as it is retold through the years.
Like, this makes it a whole lot more profound than saying that each one has to fit into the others. Whether or not it is actually the case, this seems a whole lot more chill.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 am

Iliad wrote:Apparently following OoT there;s two parallel timelines.
Good job discovering what should be common knowledge by now.
Also, it's not reversed. Adult Link defeated Ganon, who was then sealed, then went back in time, thus disappearing from that period, then when Ganon finally broke free of the seal, Link was nowhere to be found. Great Flood, Wind Waker.
Meanwhile, when he goes back to the past, he uses his knowledge of the future to help Zelda foil Ganondorf's plans, setting up the execution scene we see in TP, then he goes after Navi, Majora's Mask. After MM, he goes back to Hyrule, and whether or not he finds Navi again, it's irrelevant, Link grows up to be a hero once again, but one much less "legendary" than his famed "Hero of Time" self (which is mentioned all the time in Wind Waker, but never in Twilight Princess). The following is not fact, but a credible theory: the Hero's Spirit (or Shade) from TP probably is the Hero of Time's spirit.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:28 pm

They should totally make a game set right after Majora's Mask. Or a few years/decades after.

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:47 pm

i would love another venture into termina

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:51 pm

I would too, although what I was proposing wouldn't necessarily have to be that. I meant a game between MM and TP. (if you're going by the theory that TP is set after MM)

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Well, given that MM is set after OoT in the Young Link timeline, and so is TP, except several generations later, it's pretty much official TP is set after MM.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shy Guy Red on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:10 pm

JonnyJinx wrote:
Shy Guy Red wrote:Still, the fact that Ganon would suddenly go from being human to being a pig (TP to FSA).

The exact same thing occurs on the other side. (TWW to LOZ)

An excellent point. This confuses things up even more. Perhaps the theory the guy in the vid proposed of Ganon being able to morph from human into pig is true, although I don't like it, doesn't seem like a good explanation, more of a cop out. Perhaps the 2 original Zeldas take place after TP and before FSA.

Blue Madness wrote:
Shy Guy Red wrote:Ah I just remembered that the 7 sages do seal Ganon in TP
Except they don't, Link kills Ganon in TP. They seal him in OoT.

Yah but they don't say if he was sealed after the events of OoT until a flashback scene in TP.

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Shy Guy Red wrote:Yah but they don't say if he was sealed after the events of OoT until a flashback scene in TP.
Except they do say so.

-------

http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=435

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40