[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
13% 13% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 38

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Sure it's a bit pre-mature (story of my life...) but I figured I'd get in first by making a thread in keeping with the upcoming festivities. Merry Christmas everyone! Especially you Serras-Kai! cheers

Oh and of course especially to the 'TWBB' cast and crew!

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 pm

That's some awesome Santa.

So, um... Merry Christmas, I guess? Very Happy

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm

JUST AS PLANNED

...it's alright, the shops already got in on it 2/3 months ago.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shy Guy Red on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 pm

We need more Santas like that one.

Best time of the year btw.

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:02 am

The best thing about Christmas is that you get to eat Christmas pudding.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:04 am

THE BEST PART ABOUT CHRISTMAS IS THAT ITS ALWAYS TOO FUCKING HOT AND I ALWAYS SEEM TO FIND A WAY OF PASSING OUT.

[/RANT]

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:56 am

The best thing about Christmas is I can overeat without having to hide it for a change.
That and nougat pudding.
And going in to the pool - not that I do that often - before eating seafood and shizaz.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:13 am

That's right, its summer time around those parts for you guys isn't it? Razz Here in California, its when we experience the coldest times of the year....50 degrees?!!?! 60 degrees?!?! I'm too warm for this shit!!!! Evil or Very Mad XD We never get snow 'round these parts, but 2 weeks ago we got the worst rain in like years; it was to the point where it flooded my backroom & jacked up some of my gaming systems.....
But back on point! I <3 X-mas, probably my fave holiday right behind my 'birday' (though its not a holiday, just a celebration day). The food, the gift giving, the yelling of kids when they open their presents.....(NINTENDO SIXTY-FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOURRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!) Cool

P.S. Check your PMs Mentok, L4D2 is calling to your name~

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:18 am

It's funny when you say 50 degrees is cold. Because of the Fahrenheit/Celcius thing, I read that and was like "HOLY SHIT 50 DEGREES - 40'S STINKING HOT FOR CHRISTMAS" and then I remembered.
I are slow.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 am

Razz My bad, umu, let's see....so yah, it'd be like 15 Celsius? Looks like this converter thing-y should work....
Oh, & how could I completely forget the other awesome part of X-mas....being of Mexican descent, this means....TAMALES!!!! Ooooh yummy delicious tamales, how I adore thee......

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:43 am

Sanosukesama wrote:Razz My bad, umu, let's see....so yah, it'd be like 15 Celsius? Looks like this converter thing-y should work....
Oh, & how could I completely forget the other awesome part of X-mas....being of Mexican descent, this means....TAMALES!!!! Ooooh yummy delicious tamales, how I adore thee......

I guess because we experience -30 C and as high as 40 C that 15 C really is a nice temperature tho I think we're just about done with that around here now that November's just about here.

Christmas is the ONLY time I get to see my one uncle (sadly the one who's dying :'() so it's one of the biggest reasons I like Christmas along with Christmas shows and decorating a tree. Food obviously ranks up there as well.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:24 am

Fun story. Santa Claus is based on a european festivity called Sinterklaas (pretty similar pronounciation). Cause Americans had trouble pronnouncing Sinterklaas it became Santa Claus. He was also remodled to appeal more to the american audience. Then when europe started to take over more off the American culture we too started to celebrate christmas with Santa Claus. In holland however, people figured the names were too similar so Santa Claus became "De Kerstman", translated the christmas man.

Also America had trouble accepthing that Sinterklaas's helpers were black, thus creating the elves

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:32 am

Avalanche91 wrote:Fun story. Santa Claus is based on a european festivity called Sinterklaas (pretty similar pronounciation). Cause Americans had trouble pronnouncing Sinterklaas it became Santa Claus. He was also remodled to appeal more to the american audience. Then when europe started to take over more off the American culture we too started to celebrate christmas with Santa Claus. In holland however, people figured the names were too similar so Santa Claus became "De Kerstman", translated the christmas man.

Also America had trouble accepthing that Sinterklaas's helpers were black, thus creating the elves

Interesting, I heard a different story about "Santa Claus" and that he was originally a "Saint" or had some religious connection. We had to watch it in school. It was interesting but I don't really remember it sadly. Never heard of your story tho, sounds more probable in reality

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:37 am

they are really the same stories Razz

Sinterklaas is pretty much the nickname we gave the guy. Saint Nicholas, bisshop of Mira I think, in turkey.

Saint=Sint in dutch (sorta)

He was the protecter of children (henche why its really a childrens festivity) and sea men (henche he always arrives in Holland by boat so the story goes)

now we have Sinterklaas on 5 december and Santa Claus on 25 December. 2 bearded old man in a red suit with helpers pictured as child's best friend in 1 month

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:42 am

Ohhhhhhh, ok that'd be the story I'm thinking of. Awesome

But the best thing about Christmas.......Polar Bears drinking Coca Cola Wink lmao

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:We never get snow 'round these parts,
In San Francisco, no, but we have Tahoe and the mountains that get shit tons of snow. Even Auburn gets a couple inches.
Just clarifying.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatoris on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Ah, Christmas... What can I say about Christmas that wouldn't cause me to need psychotherapy?

There's ham, gathering with the family (just my late dad's side; my mom's side is collectively off their rocking chair factory), ham, presents (usually money since I was 16, but that's all good), ham, A Christmas Story, ham, the smell of children roasting on an open fire as chestnuts walk down the street (Twisted Evil) ... did I mention ham yet?

Also, what about (C)Hanukkah, for our Abrahamic friends?

Gatoris
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:11 pm

I have two sisters, aged 4 and 2. Probably the best thing about Christmas is seeing how adorably excited they get about it. So much so that the four year old always ends up sleeping in later than the rest of us even though she's probably the most excited.

I'm ridiculously sentimental.

I remember the Christmas when I got Pokemon Silver, too. I was so excited I started playing it at 4am because I couldn't get back to sleep. I was like 10 or something, ahhahaa.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:16 pm

queen_camilla wrote:I remember the Christmas when I got Pokemon Silver, too. I was so excited I started playing it at 4am because I couldn't get back to sleep. I was like 10 or something, ahhahaa.
Oh, the memories. Been there for that. And years before yellow version too.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Don't smash me, bro! wrote:
queen_camilla wrote:I remember the Christmas when I got Pokemon Silver, too. I was so excited I started playing it at 4am because I couldn't get back to sleep. I was like 10 or something, ahhahaa.

Ah yes! My dad bought my a game boy colour and Pokemon Yellow a couple of Christmases before that. Good times. Good memories.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Christmas memories from my youth....errrr childhood....errrr about 15 years ago lol

I remember most fairly well, usually same deal every year. Wake up at 5 or 6 creep downstairs and sit for a few hours wondering what we'd got. Open presents immediately. Still remember getting Donky Kong for the Game Boy one year and playing it all day. Usually clean up the mess then go out with my dad and bro's and play hockey in the field across the street (it used to flood and freeze, amazing) and would usually have new goalie equipment or sticks to break in. Thenafter about 6 hours head in for when relatives came over. Enjoy the company, eat (and I ate A LOT lol) then opened more presents. Ahh.....how I miss those days.

I still remember meeting my uncle's fiance for the first time. I remember she was trying to be nice and everything and started playing with us. I was nice and everything but as soon as she left I turned to my mom and said that she was a b**** lol. Their marriage never lasted, amazing how I knew at the age of like 8 lol.

Then the year I got Game Boy Colour and Pokemon Red. I'd spend hours upon hours on that game. Oh the memories

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:33 am

JGH27 wrote:Then the year I got Game Boy Advance and Pokemon FireRed. I'd spend hours upon hours on that game. Oh the memories

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:10 am

yeah I got pokaymon silver as well for christmas. My brother got gold, and we got link cables ^^ back in the day, we had no fancy wi-fi on our handhelds.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 am

Fobbs McCloud wrote:
JGH27 wrote:Then the year I got Game Boy Advance and Pokemon FireRed. I'd spend hours upon hours on that game. Oh the memories

Oh, you kids.

I never had a link cable. THEN I COULDN'T CATCH THEM ALL.

Though someone traded me a Mew with their link cable once. That was nice.

I remember Christmas when I was...4? 5? I got a Game Boy (a giant brick of a thing) with 'super 32 in one' which was like 11 games repeated BUT IT HAD THE ORIGINAL SUPER MARIO LAND. Which I sucked at. It also had Dr. Mario. And some other games but SUPER MARIO LAND!

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:50 am

I distinctly remember, when I was 5 years old, saving my biggest present until last. I unwrapped it, and was blown away with excitement- it was a NES!

....I'm so old ;_;

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top